Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: I think the RE is definitely a positive thing. Looking back, I felt at 2 points like things were failures... 1) needing to be referred to a RE in the first place, and then 2) once we got to the point we were facing IVF. In reality, what both things did was provide us with many more answers and let us take control of our family planning. Our RE encouraged us to think about how many kids we want, when we want them, etc. - which was smart... we were just so focused on the month to month. While I want your BFP, if this isn't the month, I'm happy for you and DH that you are taking that next (positive) step.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: I have read where women have tested with water and got a positive on faulty batches (usually internet dip strips, but I'm sure it will work on a FRER)

3. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you for being so encouraging. Our last visit with an RE was over 2 years ago. Everything ran clear and we were labelled: "secondary infertility without a defined cause." Insurance wouldn't cover further testing or any options so we were told, "You are still young enough and everything looks great ... Keep trying. There is no reason it 'shouldn't' happen." Well, it hasn't and A LOT can change in TWO years. My eggs could be deteriorating or DH's sperm could be effected by his job as he, currently, is working on a construction project in a building that produces toxic chemicals. I REALLY feel like seeing an RE may open a few doors, even if we don't or can't have our #3. I'm hopeful (as always) and have never shied from a challenge so, I'm treating this as just another "adventure" along the road of TTC. With that stated, if I could get my BFP without the adventure, it would be SPECTACULAR!

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

So last night I finally went to the gym in longer than I care to admit. We just joined a new one that my husband gets a family membership for $9 a month because he's a city employee, AND they have free childcare for up to 2 hours a day!

I digress... I did a cardio warm up, went to the weight room with my husband and decided to skip it because there was too many meat heads everywhere and went back to the cardio room. Decided to try the stairmaster on fat burner mode and I think I passed out for a second and bounced my head off the control panel. ugggghhhhhh

I am not in any shape but round for the first time in my life and I don't know how to workout to lose weight because I never have had to.

Sorry to derail momentarily but I had to tell someone that doesn't know me in real life.

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I SOOOOOO wish you were local. I'd train you for free just because you are you. 🏋️‍♀️🧘‍♀️

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: awwwww, you're so sweet. I just need to start slow. I used to be a she hulk when I was still playing sports and had time to workout.

annnnnd, my work bestie just told me she's not coming back from maternity leave at the end of the month. I'm going to go throw a pity party.

7. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

At pain management and waiting to be seen by the physician. All of the preparatory examinations were run ... BP, heartrate, BMI, pee in a cup, etc. No one ran in my room screaming, "You are pregnant!", so either I'm not or they only ran a drug screen. Either way. All is well. Just updating... Because it is lonely in here and I am bored. 🤣

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Hoping everything goes well for you. I have been through a lot of the pain management with my husband and know how long everything takes. All the try this and try that first, even though it probably won't work.

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: How did everything go!?

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Still SITTING HERE!!! Got here after noon to fill out paperwork, was briefly seen, then filled out more papers ... NOW it is 2:23 and I have yet to see the doc!!!

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Holy crap! You have an appointment, they can try to stick KIND OF close to their schedule. But if you were late to your appointment they would definitely make you reschedule and maybe even charge you. Ugggghhhh

I really hate non punctual offices. My life is a shit show and I manage to get places on time, so work with me!

12. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Ok so I’m frustrated with my mom. Yesterday she texted me asking if I knew my cousin (age 50) and her cousin (age 60) were coming to visit this weekend. They live in PA and we in VA, although my parents are 2 hrs away. Point us, we see them every 3-5 years.

I look at my calendar 📅 (full of POAS reminders) and see I’m actually off this weekend, and DH is in Chicago for work. I say sure, DD and I will come for the weekend.

30 sec later she says that DD (20 mo and still needs p&p to sleep) need to sleep on fold out cots in a home office room by she can’t ask my cousin and her aunt to sleep together in a king bed. House is big, 5 bedrooms with 2 being the master, 1 home office, another hone office/recording studio and then 2 guest rooms.

I’m so annoyed at this point. This is admittedlya sore spot for me. As the youngest in my family on both sides, I was always booted to the kid table to eat, the couch/cot/floor to sleep. I thought that now with a wriggly toddler at age 40, in the middle of my 2WW, I’ve earned a bed.

So then my mom says she’ll ask them to come another weekend. Obviously I don’t want her to do that. I wasn’t even planning on coming down until she invited me with no place to sleep. (Hotel not an option). So I tell her I just won’t come - don’t worry about it. And I explain why, and it turns out she totally forgot about our transfer (she knew) and would definitely cancel on them. I told her no no no. She cancels anyway. Ugh.

So now there’s no one coming into town to see - not that seeing my parents isn’t nice - but do I want to go down there when I’m so neurotic about this wait and not be able to test when and where I want maybe. I can’t tell if I’m being silly and childish, or if I really should stay home and take it easy. I’m just miffed. Plus for going down is a built-in babysitter all weekend. But man am I frustrated with my mom.

#WWPOASladiesdo

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I would go and use the free babysitting (I also deal with the same sleeping arrangement issues if it's just me and my son at my parents house w/o DH, and my sisters are there). As to peeing on a stick, do it whenever you want and put them in a ziploc bag to throw away at home. *I have done this more than once, so my mom wouldn't misinterpret an OPK or something*

14. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Literally, JUST got back from the doc. No meds or anything. I will be going back for trigger point on the 23rd, a follow up and meds on the 9th, a referral is being put in for PT and massage, and botox is being put through for approval with Tricare for my Migraines. Stim is not an option "yet." PT first.

@Yellowbeach: I feel for you .... You just, basically, described visiting with my in laws with the 2 kids and 2 dogs. DS shares the smallest room with us with no regard for his need for naps or his p&p, DD is (grudgingly) tossed anywhere she will fit bc she is 10, one dog is kenneled in their garage when she is not made to be outside all day (dogs are, evidently, only meant to be outside ALWAYS), and the other dog is placed on the back deck (50 or above temps) or in the art studio in the winter. All other guests choose their beds and rooms. It is understood that because DH is the baby of the family, this is just the way this works for him and his family. Atleast that is the way he explained it and is okay with it. I find it a little frustrating but whatever. They also aren't the most thrilled that we are still trying for #3 after so long bc "perhaps, it isn't God's will" so I feel uncomfortable testing there and explaining WHY we are interested in seeing a RE. I totally get you, girl.

15. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@yellowbeach: I'd be tempted to stay home and rest. It sounds stressful, esp during the TWW. DH and I were always booted to the twin bed on family vacays because we didn't have kids. Literally, the two of us sharing a twin bed. We eventually stopped going when we were bumped from the twin bed to the couch in the living room and our sleep was at the mercy of everyone's TV time.

@Sams Mom: Could you try Daily Burn? I did it for a little while before I switched to Lagree Pilates, which I also recommend, though the studio where I live is kinda pricy.

@Kaohinani: I second everything YellowBeach said about the RE. I was scared at first but ended up feeling such relief by the answers we found. I hope you have a wonderful experience too.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@foodiebee: Thank you, Foodiebee. I'm hoping a new experience with a new RE will make all the difference.

I LOOOVE Pilates! I am the queen of the 100 and have my own compact reformer machine. Makes for a "leaner" looking muscle (I put on muscle quickly and being short, I look squat. Lol) and a stellar core.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: @foodiebee: This girl ain't built for pilates, plain and simple. I haven't been able to touch my toes since I was a baby. I couldn't even touch my toes when I was 5. I would end up in the hospital.

I am only a few pounds away from the weight that I told my husband to take me out back and ole yeller my ass if I got to unpregnant; so I need to just sweat my ass off on the regular.

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Parenting Fail. My 3.5 year (with a severe speech delay) just described having a hurricane coming as "sucks balls." I blame DH. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
    OMG, I needed that laugh after Soooooooo much has gone WRONG today.

P.S. Sams Mom- I swear you are my favorite person. After reading your last post, I laughed so very hard. 🤣

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: my son said "oh shit" when he dropped his Thomas the train in the backseat yesterday 🤦‍♀️ which is my fault 100% 🙋‍♀️... At least he used it in the correct context; so call it a win?

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Definitely a win! 👍😂🤣
    As an English Prof., proper usage is everything!!! 😉

21. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: definitely a win!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Y’all are cracking me up!

23. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Hi ladies!
    Trying to keep up, you guys are so chatty!

@Kaohinani: interested to hear more about Botox for migraines if you get it done. I’ve been considering it. I just started acupuncture yesterday and he said he’s quite sure he can eliminate my migraines that way, so we’ll see.

5dpo. Absolutely no “symptoms “ to report. Last cycle I had tons of cramping etc but this time nothing. Don’t know if that’s good or bad?!

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@QBbride: my sister's boss does Botox for migraines and she swears by it.

25. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@QBbride: have you ever tried intranasal Toradol or occipital blocks?

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

At this point, BBT charts can bite me. 🤬
    * shakes head * BOTH oral and TD temps skyrocketed back up. FF is scratching it's algorithmic head 🤔 not knowing what to call my chart ATM.
    No AF signs, no pregnancy symptoms.
    ARG! I'm in TTC TWW Purgatory! 😳🙁😢
    I assume they tested yesterday and it was BFN, so I'm just going to wait it out for AF and watch my temps. IDK what else to do.

Side note - Hurricane Michael hit us last night as a Cat 1 and disintegrated into a Tropical Storm over my area. Everyone is safe and we can't find any structural damage to the house. The yard is absolutely trashed. Our lake is running high. No electricity lost, no twisters, no down trees. #Blessed.

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: glad y’all are ok!
    @QBbride: I never really have symptoms unless I overthink it, don’t think it’s a bad thing!

Ok, so interestingly, I took the last frer from the first box (the ones I had the darkest lines with), this morning, and didn’t even get a squinter. That tells me I actually did have a low level of hcg for a few days, but don’t now. Yesterday I had pain in my butt (which is from my endometriosis there, super awesome) that I always get before my period, so hopefully it starts soon. I didn’t bother taking my progesterone last night. I go for blood work this morning, which is pointless, but I already made the appointment so I’ll go.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you.
    While it is an absolute bummer that your positive ended up being traces of HCG from your trigger, I'm glad that you have a bit of closure on what is going on. Being in limbo of "Is it? Or is it not?" is one of the worst feelings.

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Still nothing. Losing hope day by day, but I know I’m not out until AF arrives. 😞 Oh and sadly I didn’t pee for 10 hours on shift and didn’t drink anything the last 5 hours.

ETA: cramps now that feel just like AF. Ugh. 😢

30. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sorry, Yellowbeach. 😕 Keep POAS, and I'm going to keep my fingers crossed 🤞. Side note - Holding one's urine for 10 waking hours is quite impressive!!! I am prescribed hydrochlorothiazide so, my 2-hour hold feels like a ten hour to me. 😳😂

31. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@LAZB: @yellowbeach: Sending you both hugs. I'm sorry this month isn't turning out the way you and we had all hoped.

@Kaohinani: If that was my temp I'd be going insane! Also, very glad to hear that your home avoided major damage.

32. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

Thanks everyone, I'm staying positive. Or trying to at least. One good thing about getting AF this cycle is that I have to go to the dentist next week and can take anxiety meds so I won't get a panic attack. Yay...

@Kaohinani: Wow, that's impressive! I can't wait to see tomorrow's temp.
    Good to hear everyone and everything is safe!

@yellowbeach: I'm sorry you have to deal with the uncertainty. Hoping for the best!

33. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@foodiebee: @paranundrum:
    Thank you. My chart is absolutely the funkiest chart I have EVER had. 😒😂
    As for the hurricane, I am extremely grateful that everyone was safe and we suffered no structural damage. I can deal with a messy yard for the time being. 👍

34. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm sorry I'm holding out hope for you!

@Kaohinani: Hey, it's a good sign that your temp spiked back up! So weird that it dropped so low in one day.

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Glad to hear you’re OK, and rode out the storm. With respect to your purgatory, not knowing what’s going on is so hard! Hang in there, maybe we’ll see you in November and maybe we won’t. 😉

@yellowbeach: I’m so sorry 😢 I was really hoping for you after what you went through last month.

@LAZB: Ugh, I’m sorry. At least you know, though, not knowing what’s happening is the hardest part. I’ll see you in November.

@paranundrum: Sorry for your AF, but yay for anxiety meds!😉

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: What the hell Bill!? That is one of the strangest BBT charts to date. I have no idea what to think of it. Did you do the charts like mine feature again on FF today?

As to the hurricane, I'm glad that everyone and everything is ok! But it sucks balls that your yard is trashed.

@yellowbeach: noooooooooooooo! When are your betas again? I know your 6dp5dt right?

@paranundrum: I feel you on the dentist part! I am a giant wienie when it comes to the dentist. I'm glad you can take your meds to help.

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

OK ladies, I know some of you have seen what’s going on with me, but I wanted to share something over here, because it reminded me of all the psychic dog talk from September. I don’t know if he’s reacting to my emotions or can smell the changes, but DH’s lab has been as close to velcroed to me as I’ve ever seen over the past 48 hours. He’s usually totally ambivalent to me, but has been following and watching me closely since we got our bad news. I know miscarriage sniffing dog doesn’t have the same ring to it as pregnancy sniffing dog, but it’s still kind of crazy to see him notice something that’s going on inside my body. This is him supervising as I took my vitamins this morning. Normally he would be passed out in his fav chair around this time.

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: awwww, he knows you need some extra love! I might be biased, but Labs are the best, and he can probably tell you're upset and sad, and can probably smell a change too. He's a cutie.

Again, so sorry, this sucks so much

39. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@karenbme: I'm sorry you are going through this. Pup has your back though!

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Thank you. 🤞#AlwaysHopefulEvenIfItNeverHappens.

@KarenBMe: I can't state enough how terribly I feel for what you are going through as I know I can offer no words of comfort (even though I have tried) when you are in the thick of something like this. 💜 Your DH's adorable pup knows you need the extra affection and attention at this time. What kind, knowing eyes he has. 🐕

@Sams Mom: I know, right?!?!? I did, indeed, use the FF gallery with charts like mine. 51% ovulatory, 46% pregnancy (almost all with late BFP OR - before + HPT), 3% miscarriage (all late BFP after having had OV at CD9). *throws hands up* I'm just going to ride this cycle out. 🤔

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee