Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

Thank you all for the support! I had to go back and edit my POAS date... totally looked at the wrong dates!

@LAZB: Good to know that really anything can happen! lol...
    @Kaohinani: Thanks for the warm welcome! I have really seen how supportive you guys all are from stalking these boards
    @yellowbeach: Yes, the wonky-ness is so weird and unknown... My youngest is 2.5!

What do you guys think, I just have the cheap internet OPK strips... Should I just take one every day until the line starts to get darker? I had a light line this afternoon when I tested but I'm not sure how quickly to expect it to get darker.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@magnolia: Thank you, hun! I truly appreciate it! How have you been?!?! Any news on scans or U/S? So exciting! ๐Ÿ˜

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: itโ€™s a fun trip we are going to my grandmotherโ€™s 90th birthday party, and will have a mini family reunion

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@creativemomma15: We have a few theories on testing:
    - for OPKs:
    (1) Test 1x daily until darker then 2 or 3x.
    (2) CBEAD in the morning and 1 or 2 internet cheapies during the day during the cycle.
    (3) Testing 1 or 2x from the end of AF until a thermal shift is indicated while temping (BBT).

- For HPTs:
    (1) How indifferent are you to seeing stark white BFNs day after day until a possible BFP? If you are okay with that, pee on those sticks every morning. ๐Ÿคฃ We LOVE seeing BFPs and are here to support after BFNs.
    (2) If you are like me, you set the POAS date for 2 days before AF is due and "go with how you feel" according to that cycle. (I'm on cycle 35.) I've had some where I've begun testing at 8 dpo and others when I didn't test at all (and ended up going through "the thing that shan't be named.") I call it my "POAS SLIDING SCALE OF SHRODINGER'S CAT." ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
    (3) Finally, there are the ladies that set their dates after AF is due and test then ONLY if AF is late.

Testing is personal, preferential, and in your court. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@creativemomma15: Iโ€™m addicted to being on sticks, so I like to take Opks frequently lol. I would take 1-2 a day and when it gets darker, start taking more.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

My DH just sent me this [from the other side of the living room] ... I was wondering why he was chuckling to himself. ๐Ÿ™„ (*eyeroll*) I figured I would share since we ALL know what THIS is like! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

8. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

So I still have watery and even a little egg white cm, but I took my trigger last Wednesday. What is going on?

9. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Kaohinani: welcome back!!! You were definitely missed around here!

@foodiebee: congrats!!! Thatโ€™s a beautiful line!!

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: he's going to make me an award for the being a "side effect magnet" ๐Ÿ˜‚

Unfortunately I'm just SOL ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ I'll take them if I get a baby.

@Kaohinani: 1st that is amazing. 2nd my friend that has been dealing with primary infertility for 2.5 years and sees the same doctor as me had him remove scar tissue from her previous GI surgeries (from preemie complications? If I remember right). Well she got pregnant the very next cycle but miscarried at 8 weeks, so I definitely believe that scar tissue can inhibit pregnancy.

Today was just a crap day, I cried like 3 times because I don't think I'll ever have another baby and it seems like everyone is dragging their feet on its getting J when I know us taking her would be a very positive effect on her life. And I'm terrified that if I have an only child like my husband and like his mom that I will fall into the vortex that is your kid cutting you out of their life (my in laws deserve it, but my husband's grandparents didn't). I've just been dramatic and emotional and ughhhh. I know it's irrational because my husband is nothing like his horrid dad, but I don't know. It just sucks

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@starlitsky: Hi, Starlit! Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ’œ I hope everything has been fabulous on your end.

12. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Awe, hun, I can most certainly empathize and sympathize with you. *hugs* Right now, I'm "shopping" for a new OBGYN. While I may like my doctor, liking someone does not equate to him being effective for me or my goal. In the year I was with him, he only checked me "under the hood" once. He ran a full spectrum of blood and urine tests and sent me out for a plethora of scans, ultrasounds, and a HSG, BUT beyond discussing better timing for intercourse (which I KNOW when to BD), shelling out Clomid (without really monitoring me), and telling me if I get pregnant he WILL NOT attempt a VBAC; he has already stated that he is at the end of what he is "able" to do for me. I asked about a RE. He supposedly put in a referral (which has a 3 day turnaround) over 10 days ago. I have heard NOTHING from his office nor the RE to schedule. I've got to take it upon myself because "I want this." Nearly 3 years spent on this ... I'm getting older and everyone drags their feet. What was fine as a "wait and see" 3 years back, potentially, could have caused me to have complications NOW. I'm nearing 39. I don't have time for this. Sam's Mom, I absolutely understand how you (and many others on this board) feel. I have felt down, helpless, lost, and as though both my body and medical professionals are failing me. I have yet to hit the "upset" phase when people around me become pregnant (especially 1st try), rather I am "happy-jealous" and freely admit it ... I'm certain it makes them feel awkward; however, it makes me feel honest about where I'm at. I needed the 2-week hiatus to reassess my fertility hopes, goals, and how much I was willing to invest. I had to relax as my anxiety was becoming too much. Don't worry about being dramatic (* little drama mama ๐Ÿ˜‰), you are going through something very stressful. It is only fair. ๐Ÿ’œ You've got this ... You will be fine.

Incidentally, I was kinda hoping the comic I posted would (atleast) garner a laugh. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: My best guess [about your watery and EWCM post trigger] is that it is not abnormal or unheard of for "fertile" patches of CM to appear throughout one's cycle due to shifting hormones. Estrogen stimulates the cervix to produce mucus. You may be hitting an Estrogen surge (which can happen between 2 and 5 dpo) and again towards the end of the cycle. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Glad Iโ€™m not paying attention to temping this cycle in terms of predicting anything... they have been all over the map! ๐Ÿค” Even checked with two thermometers ๐ŸŒก some days (DD discovered one I thought I had lost).

Tomorrow morning Iโ€™ll get a progesterone level drawn. I *think* they want it between 10-20 but not positive.

Also on the list of challenges this week: 2/3 of us in this house have been hit with a GI bug. DD projectile vomited ๐Ÿคฎ 2 days ago, and poor DH was up all night dry heaving ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿ’ฉ. Iโ€™m doing everything I can not to get sick right before our transfer. ๐Ÿคž

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: My temps have been a bit funky as well ... up .10 on my Tempdrop, down .15 orally. I've been hovering .30 above my coverline since 2 dpo. Not impressed with my body atm ... Completely underwhelming. ๐Ÿ˜’ August was the wonky month, September was the weirdo month, and October can be the funky month. ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Keep yourself healthy, lady! I know you have to (and want to) take care of your lovies, but transfer is coming up! (* Soooooooo exciting!* ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคž) Will they even consider a transfer if you do fall ill? F'x for a great progesterone draw AND that everyone in your home makes a speedy recovery.

16. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@yellowbeach: Nooooooo! Seriously hoping you can avoid it!

@Kaohinani: I second being your own advocate. I'll always regret that I didn't push harder about why we weren't getting pregnant sooner. I went through the "happy-jealous" phase into the "upset" phase over this year. It was impossible to find any belief that this would work for us. Even now, DH is guarding himself about our positive HPT. He's holding out for the beta, which is smart, but it makes me sad that I can see how much the emotional toll of this has taken on him over the years.

@Sams Mom: I know it's little consolation, but I'm so sorry. It just sucks. There isn't another way around it.

@starlitsky: @qbbride: @mamabear87: @petitduck: Thank you so much! POAS again today (making up for lost time ) and it was darker!

17. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

18. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Sams Mom: Iโ€™m so sorry. You have to trust that youโ€™re not going to repeat the mistakes your husbandโ€™s parents made. Everyone wants a relationship with their family, youโ€™re trying you best and arenโ€™t going to break that bond with your little. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

19. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm sorry. TTC (especially when you've been trying for as long as you have) combined with family problems can really drag you down .

20. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Ick, Iโ€™m sorry. ๐Ÿคž You stay healthy.

21. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@yellowbeach: Yuck, sorry! Hopefully it will stay away from you.

22. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Ok, so, AF is officially 4 days late today, so I tested, and, weโ€™re back on the rollercoaster. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ DH apparently was convinced I was pregnant because Iโ€™d been burping, but not saying anything because I was so sure I wasnโ€™t. Iโ€™m a little concerned about how light the line is for 16dpo, but my OB wanted to start betas today because of my history, so Iโ€™ll know by lunch time where Iโ€™m starting. Iโ€™m shocked, but knew it was a possibility. Hopefully this time itโ€™s in the right place and sticky. ๐ŸŽข

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@karenbme: thatโ€™s an amazing line! โœจ๐Ÿ‘ถโœจ

24. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: Yay congrats! Totally understand being hesitant to celebrate but I'll stay positive for you!

Also, I think that's a pretty good line!

25. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: @skinnycow: Thanks, ladies. And I know I sound scared, but I am excited, too. I'll feel a little better when I know my numbers are rising like they're supposed to be.

26. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@karenbme: Yayyyy!!!! So excited for you!

27. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@karenbme: fingers crossed itโ€™s in the right place, congratulations!

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: OMG, I go to bathe my son and prep for today's clients only to come back to this!!! Aaaahh! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘ What AMAZING news! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘

29. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@karenbme: That's a GREAT line!! Congrats!! We've already got a couple of and it's only the first week. Is burping (being gassy perhaps) an early pregnancy sign for you? That's so interesting!

30. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@karenbme: I'm sure you've already though of this but is your due date close to the one from your first pregnancy? If I get pregnant this cycle it would be really close to mine.

I hope we can be on a June mom board together again!

31. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@foodiebee: @karenbme: Good news! Fingers crossed everything goes well.

32. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@karenbme: thatโ€™s a great line! CONGRATS!

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: @foodiebee: @karenbme: Thanks ladies, I'm just right in the middle of a lot of stressors right now from work and home, and my period was just a catalyst to the break that was coming.

I am just thankful I can vent here every now and then and everyone doesn't think I've completely lost ALL my marbles... just a few, and I think they rolled under the couch.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@karenbme: That is fantastic! Congratulations!!! This one will be in the right place and sticky!

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Thanks, everybody! You're all so sweet.

@SupernovaJ: Yeah, it is. More being gassy than burping specifically, but for whatever reason I almost never burp when I'm not pregnant, but when I am pregnant I burp a lot.

@skinnycow: I'm about a week ahead of where I was at this point last year, so not exactly the same but close. Fingers crossed we're both on the June board again this year!

36. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@karenbme: congrats!!!!

37. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

So my level came back at only 43. The doctor said it could be perfectly normal, but I was hoping for something closer to the middle of the distribution (5-426 is normal for 4 weeks) so that I could relax a little bit. Will know more on Thursday after repeat bloodwork.

38. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@karenbme: I will keep my fingers crossed for an exponential increase. ๐Ÿคž
    I have a feeling you may have had a later implant and your HCG is on the slower end (72 hour incremental increase vs a 48 hour increase) and that is why your initial beta isn't as "high" as anticipated. Thursday and the next sequential beta will denote your doubling pattern. I will be thinking of you! ๐Ÿ’™

39. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Kaohinani: Thanks. My ectopic pregnancy consistently rose 70-80% every two days, so a slow riser would still be really uncomfortable. I'm hoping my spotting on Friday was late implantation and it'll be at or above 100 on Thursday.

40. foodiebee

kiwi / 662 posts

@karenbme: I'm sorry to hear the beta didn't put your mind at ease, and I totally get it. Fingers crossed for Thursday. I have my first beta on Friday. Is there a chart you referenced somewhere to tell you the normal beta levels based on week?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee