Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas - Postpartum

1. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@jetsa: Congrats to everyone expecting LO #2!

I actually feel like the odd one out because we're not and it's not even on the cards for another year or thereabouts!

2. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@illumina: thank you! Good for you, I always said if I had 2 it'd be back to back or else I'd just have one so back to back it is

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@illumina: You and me both! Sleeping just got good. I don't know if I ever want to give it away again!

4. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: Yay for good sleep! Do you have plans to TTC #2 then?

5. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@illumina: We're undecided, but if we do, we won't start until March at the earliest. That way LO is at least 18 months old when we start and over 2 when a sibling comes. But I don't know. I'm scared!

6. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: Yeah, I'm scared too! I worry so much about how I am going to cope with a toddler and a newborn let alone a toddler and being pregnant...I figure the older LO is the better it will be?

7. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: omg yay! I'm not sure if I congratulated you yet (lol mommy brain coupled with pregnancy brain. It's scary ) Do you know what you're having?

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Grace: haha sleepin still isn't good here so we figured we'd start over before it got there because we didn't want to be sleeping all night and then go back to the newborn days

@MapleMoose: nope and we aren't finding out. I'm just 10.5 weeks :). Do you know what you're having?

9. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Also not finding out. I love surprises! 29 weeks along over here.

@Grace: @illumina: I'm scared too lol but I always wanted my kids close in age. Plus my LO1 has never been a great daytime or nighttime sleeper so I don't remember what it feels like to be well rested.

10. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: you have the same thoughts I do on it! But I'm also terrified

11. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@jetsa: Congrats! I saw that in another post! @MapleMoose: Congrats!

When I see other people posting pregnancy announcements I start to get baby fever, but then I go back to reality & I'm so not mentally ready to be pregnant & have a baby again. We're talking about when DS is 2, so another year. Hopefully by then I'll get the urge. I don't want just 1 baby. I'm hoping for twins next time so I don't have to be pregnant a 3rd time (If we decide to have 3-it's an "either 2 or 3" household at this point).

12. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Im also expecting #2 in June. Congrats to all the other pregnant mamas!

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@pmerr: Funny you say that you want twins next time. @marionberry: is having them!

@Meltini: Congratulations! So exciting!

14. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@MapleMoose: I'm pretty sure I saw that! I was a little jealous! haha!

15. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@pmerr: You are crazy! I am terrified of 3 under 2. The twins were quite a surprise.
    @meltini: congrats! I didn't know!

We have a little over 3 weeks until we find out the sexes. I'm so anxious. Also, for you mom pregnant with #2 do you feel as connected to this pregnancy? I feel like these babies are afterthoughts because I'm so busy with ds and life.

16. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: @MapleMoose: @Meltini: @marionberry: just wanted to say congrats in case I've missed your announcements!

17. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: I know exactly what you mean. The first pregnancy everything was new and strange and I worried about everything. Now I'm so focused on LO1 and I know generally how pregnancy is supposed to go so I don't think about every twinge or "symptom". The baby also gives me some pretty strong jabs which is reassuring. Do you find this twin pregnancy to be different from when you were pregnant with one?

@Grace: Thank you!

18. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: Not much so far. I'm bigger than I was last time of course but otherwise all the same. I'm wondering what it will be like to have two moving around in there as I get further along.

@grace: Thanks!!

19. pmerr

apricot / 491 posts

@marionberry: lol I know. DH doesn't want twins. It would be a rough pregnancy & newborn/infant stage, but I wouldn't ever have to be pregnant again, and I wouldn't have to make the decision to go for 3, especially if I have a boy next time.

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@pmerr: Yes I'm really hoping for at least one girl so I can be officially done after this.

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: not at all. I'm shocked by how quick it's going by. Last time I knew how far along I was and this time when someone asks I have to check

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Grace: thank you

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: @MapleMoose: @Meltini: Are yall having trouble with names? We used our boy name the first time, we still have a girl name but I don't even know where to start if LO is a boy.

24. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: We will use our 2nd choice name that we didn't use for LO1 if LO2 is a girl but we are having so much trouble picking a boy name!!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: We haven't even started thinking about names. We have a name from if it was a girl last time but it was hard to get a boy's name last time. Now that I'm having two it's even harder, so I won't even start thinking about names until I know what we're having two of, lol. 3 more weeks...

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: haha neither I nor @maplemoose are finding out gender lol but I totally understand waiting since you are! ETA: I can't believe you are so close to finding out! That is so, so exciting!

@MapleMoose: We used a deceased grandparents name for LO1 so we don't even have a backup. That is the only reason we still have a girls name! No middle name for either but LO1 didn't have a middle name for several hours after birth.

27. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: I have an OB's appt next week but my anatomy scan is at the MFM office at 20 weeks+ since the OB won't do the anatomy scan for twins since it takes too long. I'm tempted to ask her if she'll scan me quickly just to get the sex. I don't want to wait any longer.

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: @maplemoose: I could never not know! You ladies are strong to do that! Do you just do gender neutral nurseries each time?

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: well I have no room for a nursery for #2 unless I put them down 2 flights of stairs and I refuse to do that sooo...
    DS was in our room for 6 months so it'll work out; and we're hoping to move at the end of 2015 (browsing for houses now and if something comes along we could move but financially 2016 is better)
    DS's nursery is gold, chocolate brown, and white and I love it! If/when we have room I want to do navy, white and pink for a girl and navy, white, and gold for a boy

30. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: lol, I'm afraid at this rate LO2 isn't going to even have a first name let alone a middle name if it's a boy

@marionberry: Actually we decided to move LO1 to a new big girl bedroom so we are getting that ready these next few weekends (painting, furniture, wall decals and decor). I did a beach/ocean theme for the nursery so it's fairly gender neutral with a mix of sea turtles, starfish, etc. It'll work for now at least.

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: haha we are right there with you! Also if I have a boy I feel like they need to coordinate because I'll have 2!

32. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@jetsa: We haven't even discussed it but we only had 1 boy name last time and that's DS's name so I have no clue how we will ever agree on another!

ETA: I'm also team green this time around so I want to be prepared with a boy name and a girl name.

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Meltini: yay team green! It makes names so hard though!

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Anyone still nursing? I think we are officially done and I'm ok with it, our only session for the last 2 weeks was a 5 am session and DS kept getting fussier and fussier with it and my DH decided pregnancy had dried me up so yesterday we nursed and then gave him milk when he started fussing; today he just got milk and he was 100% ok with it. My baby is no longer a baby! we tried to drop this session a few months ago and he threw the worlds biggest tantrum so I at least feel like it was on his terms.

35. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Aw, our babies are growing up! It's probably a good thing that your LO isn't making a big deal about stopping because then you won't have any mommy guilt about not being able to continue. Our bodies are going through so much already when pregnant.
    Short story for me: no, not nursing.
    Longer story: Unfortunately due to latch issues and inverted nips we didn't get the hang of nursing. I ended up pumping for several months until LO was diagnosed with food allergies (dairy, soy, and eggs) and was put on prescription formula. I'm hoping things are easier with the next one.

@jetsa: @Meltini: I am having a hard time finding gender neutral outfits. I figured I'd pick up a few to get me through the first few days at least. Have you picked up anything Team Green yet?

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: we have a bunch from last time because we were team green then as well. Have you checked carters? I also bought a lot off eBay for a pretty low price and wages them.

37. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@MapleMoose: I have found a bunch of gender neutral things at baby gap!

38. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@jetsa: DS self weaned about 2 weeks ago. He would get all excited, latch, suck, but as soon as my milk hit his mouth he would pull off and roll away. Guess pregnancy really changed the flavor. I was pretty sad about it for a while but we have both adapted to our new relationship.

39. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Meltini: well good, I'm still sad about it but we'll figure it out

40. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: @Meltini: Thanks ladies! I checked Target, Babies R Us, and Kohls but no luck.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee