Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yea!!! I've been waiting for an update!

Congrats!

2. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

3. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: wohoo!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

ETA: make sure to update the gender thread when you have a chance - you're our first girl!

4. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Hooray for a great scan, and hooray for a ! Sisters are so fun!

5. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: wooo hoo! Congrats! I'm really sad my girl doesn't have a sister. I've always wanted a sister.

6. PinkBee

coffee bean / 38 posts

Hey Everyone,

May I join?

I am having a baby girl EDD Sept 8th 2014!

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrs. jump rope so excited for you!

@torchwood so glad the insurance shenanigans worked out. I really dislike dealing with our insurance and we have good coverage. It is so confusing!

@pinkbee of course! welcome

8. Boogs

hostess / papaya / 10540 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yay congrats! Bet it makes it feel more real now! P.S. Your scientific proof with ultrasounds is making me hopeful for my LO's gender!

@PinkBee: Welcome!

A lady at the grocery store last night thought I was due in two weeks. I have a belly, but really?!

9. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@PinkBee: Welcome!

@Boogs: Srsly? Why do people say those things out loud?

10. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@PinkBee: of course!! Welcome!

11. Boogs

@Pancakes: She was totally trying to be nice, too. She asked what I was having and said that I don't know yet. Then, I said, but I'm excited to know in two weeks and she was like, oh I knew you had to be due soon! Ouch man!

I also had a relative ask me two weeks ago if the doctor made sure I didn't have a twin hiding.

If this is what people are thinking when I'm only 16 weeks....

12. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@Boogs: that's really rude!

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Thanks to everyone for the support on my insurance freakout. It does look like everything is going to be 100% fine. Still have to actually convince DH on the class and doula (though I'm putting my foot down on the doula, it's essentially non-negotiable. I'm the one who has to go through labor, and I'll have the support I need!), but at least now I'm not worried about whether we can even afford them.

@Boogs: Why do people think it's okay to say these things?! Though I have noticed that it seems like people have no concept of how big you get towards the end, and assume you're 9 months when you're 6.

@farawayviolet: That sucks that you can't go to the Bradley class, or even have DH go to the other one. I wish there were more Bradley ones available! There are three in my area, which I guess compared to your one is a lot, but two are already full! If you're going to make a rule to keep class sizes small (which I'm all for), you should really try to make more available.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: A little girl!!! How exciting! I'm with those who said they always wished they had a sister. I'd sort of like to have one of each (since we're only having two), but it'd be so cool for *them* for them to be the same. And hey, you can reuse more stuff, right? And big hooray for the scan going well!

@PinkBee: Welcome, and congrats! Always glad to have more mamas on here!

@Littlebit: Thanks for the ebay suggestion. DH is just SO anti-spending money on maternity stuff. And honestly, to some degree I'm right there with him. It seems insane to spend a ton of money on clothes that will fit me for another 6 or so months, plus one additional pregnancy (and if it's a completely different time of year, not even sure how much use they'll be). But I'm also NOT going with his suggestion to just wear his shirts. I want to actually look cute! I've been looking forward to being all awesomely pregnant for most of my life; I am not giving that up because he's cheap. It doesn't help that I've always shopped at goodwill for most things, so he has no concept of how much "normal" women spend on clothes. I actually have gotten most of my maternity stuff at goodwill, but since they don't have a maternity section, it's a huge pain to dig through everything to find the one or two pieces they might have.

Started packing up my clothes today! With the move (pretty much definitely next week, finally!), it makes sense to go ahead and pack up anything I'm not going to need for a while, and sort them. So summer stuff (definitely won't need for a year at least) in one bin, fall/spring (might need in 6 months, otherwise nearly a year) in another, etc. It's kind of sad, because I do love my clothes. But it's exciting, as one more reminder that I'm pregnant for REAL (like the wiggles in my growing belly isn't enough?), and I think when I go to pull these clothes back out, it'll be like getting a whole new wardrobe all over again! Hopefully. Part of me is terrified that I'll never fit in any of it again, but I keep reminding myself that I CAN lose the weight, even if it's hard work.

Sorry that I always seem to have the longest posts. For those of you who actually read them, I appreciate it!

14. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Torchwood: maternity clothes are hard for me too. Seems like such a waste, but then I spend an hour trying to find a shirt that fits and looks ok and I change my mind. I've been getting shirts for 5-10 bucks each, so that isn't quite as bad as retail. But it still sucks.

15. Boogs

@Littlebit: I would happily spend that! It's the $100+ for jeans that really make me say ouch. I think I must not be very ebay saavy.

@Torchwood: Glad all will be fine! I swore this time I wanted to look nicer and less frumpy when I'm pregnant, that's why clothes have been important to me. Plus, it has been warm here lately and I can see how I'll easily die from the heat if I have nothing to wear lol. And true about people, but I'm only 4 months!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: One I didn't think was intentional, but the other was and I really hope my face said wtf?!

16. Mrs. Jump Rope

Oh my goodness! I forgot about restless leg syndrome.

I had it with Chloe, too. Ick!

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@boogs gotta love the peanut gallery. My admin at work has said some lovely things lately that I've been gritting my teeth though - Saying how she hardly needed maternity clothes when she had her 4 kids (30+ years ago...), she never had morning sickness, blah blah blah. I guess I am just a big overdramatic whale then?

@torchwood I hear ya on the clothes. I have bought some tank tops (since my other ones were getting short/excessive tight on my chest) and then 2 pairs of pants for work and now I am in an awkward holding pattern because its not really warm here yet. I did buy some excessively expensive jeans, but they fit me better than the other dozen I tried on so it is what it is. I can always sell them on ebay later! I don't want to look frumpy or feel frumpy so I figure it is worth investing, plus we plan to have a 2nd baby hopefully.

@mrs. jump rope I am at the major leg cramps in the middle of the night phase. It is NOT awesome!

18. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Anyone else having weird twitching in what feels to be their cervix? It's the strangest feeling. I think, from googling and just my guess, it's the baby hitting it or hitting a nerve nearby. I'm definitely feeling a lot of movement, so it makes sense. Just wish I wasn't so aware of the concept of an incompetent cervix. It makes me overthink things. I'll be asking my midwife at my appointment next week, just in case.

19. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

What a weird experience.

I went in for my elective ultrasound today to find out the gender of our baby in advance of our anatomy scan and...we're still not sure!

DH told me not to bother with blindfolding myself and just to enjoy the appointment and call him when it was over. So I get in there and the ultrasound technician is like your baby is curled up in a ball and doesn't want to unfold their legs. I'm okay with that and figure if the kid doesn't want to flash the goods, that's fine with me. I ate and drank some OJ before the appointment so I did everything I could do.

The tech really wanted to get the baby to move, so she kept asking me to cough. She shook the ultrasound wand all over the place to get the baby to move and all you could see was the side profile the entire time. Then suddenly she says OH THERE'S BOY PARTS!! And I'm like huh? The image is still a side profile but she points to this shadow and says its a penis. She asks me if I can see it and I'm like "if you say so - I can't tell what I'm looking at."

So she keeps moving the wand around trying to get a butt shot but the baby just doesn't want to uncross their legs. So she keeps shaking the wand and she freezes the frame at two other points and is like here, its a penis, see? And I could see something in between the legs in certain frames, but in other frames there was nothing there. But she kept insisting it was a boy.

So I leave and call DH and I'm like "so, I want to preface this by saying I'm not sure. But the tech thinks its a boy." DH was like how are you not sure?? I explained my experience to him and was like come home and look at the DVD and pictures and you tell me what you think, because I feel like it could go either way.

I got a DVD of the entire ultrasound session and 35 images and DH and I have gone through them and...we're still not sure! I mean, the tech insists its a boy and I trust that she does this for a living, but DH agreed that depending on where you freezed the frame, it looked like it could equally be both!

So, while it was cool to see the baby move around and what not, neither of us are confident in the ultrasound results to say its a boy or a girl. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he/she will cooperate more at the anatomy scan in 2 weeks!

Whomp whomp.

20. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@gingerbebe: Sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for! It makes for a decent story though. Hope he(?) will be more cooperative next time!

21. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

@Boogs: couldn't help but laugh at the lady with the bump comment. I was on FaceTime with my mum (!) the other day and she says 'oh my, your belly is huge, you sure you don't have two in there?' Gee, thanks mum, I'm only 16 weeks so by the third trimester she'll probably be asking if I'm having a football team!

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Torchwood: I have no idea what my cervix feels like! But I think I had my first Braxton hicks last night! Ugh, already!

@gingerbebe: awww that really sucks, since u went out of your way to have it done. At least u have a hint?

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@tequiero21: It's not so much that I know what my cervix feels like, as it's the only explanation I can think of. It's a twitching IN my vagina (but high up), but it's not my actual vaginal muscles twitching. So I can't think what else it would be.

I have GOT to lay off on the anxiety! Baby wasn't moving at all today, and the last few days s/he has gotten to where I'm feeling at least something every hour or two at most, frequently more. So of course I let myself get worried since the heartrate was just a little (like 5bpm) low last night. Never mind that I checked it at 1am, when baby was probably asleep. >_< But checked when we got home, and of course heartbeat is still going strong (and back up a bit higher). I can't keep letting myself overthink things so much. Also, baby was in a completely different spot than usual, so I wonder if that's why I'm not feeling much.

24. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Torchwood: that would be called lightening crotch LOL definitely feel it already, too. Had it with my first and didn't like it at all!

Baby could also have her spine to your belly, so you wouldn't feel movement.

25. Mrs. Jump Rope

@psw27: I have had people tell me they wore their hot pants home from the hospital (okay, my moms friend lol) and I'm like bitch give me a break. My hips got so big than even when I dropped all my PP weight plus ten pounds my prepregnancy pants still didn't fit.

26. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Didn't think of that! See, this is why these types of boards are so helpful for FTM's. I don't know what sorts of things might factor into why I would feel less movement. I should have just posted here immediately when I noticed it, instead of letting myself get worried and having to wait till I got home to the doppler.

27. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Torchwood: not a Second time mom thing.. Chloe was breech my entire pregnancy so I always felt movement. This bambino was head down with her spine to my belly at the anatomy scan. She moved around & flipped, and then I could feel movements and match them to what I saw on the screen. When she flipped back, I couldn't feel the movement again. . I put two and two together!

28. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Makes sense! I'm hoping to be able to make some sense of what I'm feeling once I can see it, next week! Hopefully s/he is wiggly enough to help me figure it out.

29. Mrs. Jump Rope

My feet are swelling at the beach! It's pretty warm and humid here and I have been doing a lot of walking.

Also getting the workout of my life. I'm spoiled with a one story house at home. This is a three story townhouse set up, and I'm always forgetting something I need on another floor.

The deck had a two tier set of steps & the sand was pushed so high this winter that one entire tier is covered. Instead of walking down to the sand, you walk out.. And there's a good 3' cliff off of that.

There should be two more sets of steps to walk up!

30. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

We got a little boy on the way! And no name yet.... any favorite boy names out there?? We need help!!! lol

31. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Mrs.Hawk71: congratulations!!

32. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: Yay! Congratulations!

33. Mrs.Hawk71

cherry / 172 posts

Thank you! is there a list to update for the gender? If so i must of missed it! but would love to see everyones results.

34. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

35. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Hey y'all, just wanted to say hi. I've been crazy busy planning my BFF's bridal shower which was this past weekend. It was so much fun but glad its over (the planning part).
    I have been checking in on everyone, I just didn't feel I had much to add. I also worry that I obsess a bit too much about my progress compared to everyone elses' since I'm at the tail end of our birth month. So I am trying to not check HB as obsessively

16weeks 3 days today and had an appt with my OB. I have my early anatomy scan tomorrow. All she did was measure my belly and listen with the doppler (which I haven't told her I've done many times at home I started to feel a cross between bubbles/taps/twitches the last couple of days and the doc confirmed today that it is most likely baby - he was moving a ton for the doppler and even kicked the wand a couple of times. So funny!
    And over the weekend I think I might have grown the first signs of a permanent bump. I told a friend who I spent the weekend away with that I wished I was showing already and she said "Don't take this the wrong way, but you are". Then I got home after being away from the husband for a couple of days and he was so surprised that he could finally see something right away, I didn't even have to ask or stand sideways. So I'm enjoying prancing around the office without doing any sucking in and hoping someone notices soon.

Glad to see that we've got some genders revealed, sickness seems to be on its way out (sorry @gingerbebe ;-), and overall everyone seems to be doing well! Hoping everyone takes the new energy and good spirits and turns it into baby planning and fun stuff xoxo

36. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

37. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: Congrats! Fellow Team Blue here
    Our top name is Zack (unsure if it will be short for Zachary or not). We also really like Luke but for some reason keep referring to the baby as Zack so we'll probably stick with it.

38. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@gingerbebe: @Mrs. Jump Rope: So so so cute! Its just too perfect for the flamingo theme you were already planning!

39. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: congrats!! Fellow team blue. Names will be so hard. I like Jason, or Stephen, but we shall see.

@gingerbebe: @Mrs. Jump Rope: toooo cute!

40. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@SweetiePie: yay for showing! Good luck at the scan tomorrow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee