Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@SweetiePie: Glad you are doing well! My morning sickness has moved on to feeling okay 85% of the time, but suddenly getting violent gagging/puking attacks out of nowhere. Its hard to predict or manage, but I've been doing with Zofran for the most part over the last week, so that's good.

Biggest problem now is that the MS has been replaced with wicked migraines. I've had 3 (THREEEEEE) in the last week and each one knocked me out of commission for a day a piece. I had one of those days off, went home early one day, and the last one was on Saturday, so it hasn't made a HUGE dent in my leave, but the day I took off was my birthday! I didn't do a thing except go out to get a soda with DH because I felt so terrible all day. I e-mailed my doctor this morning to ask about it.

Another annoying thing is that I seem to have limited stomach capacity. I will get 1/3 or 1/2 the way through eating something and realize I'm just STUFFED. So I have to wait an hour and try again. Its annoying because I feel SO hungry when I start eating, but then I'm done after a few bites. It also means I get hungry at weird hours and DH has had to drive me to get a taco or something late at night more than once.

Anyways, that's all on my end. Getting my eyes checked tomorrow to see if that might be contributing to my headaches.

2. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71: Congrats! I'm loving seeing all the updates of what everyone is having! We're totally struggling on boy names though, so I have got nothing to offer on that front.

@gingerbebe: That sucks. Hope you can get some answers! And let us know if you do. I've been getting nasty headaches, though thankfully not migraines. They feel like withdrawal headaches, but nothing I do or don't eat (including caffeine) have any effect.

DH posted on FB today that he was looking forward to seeing our little one. Totally out of character for him (he even prefaced it with "time to get mushy") and it made me really happy! I think now that I'm getting big (VERY obviously pregnant now), and I can tell him when the baby is being wiggly and stuff, he's starting to feel more like it's real. He did get all "oh, that's too weird" when I had him feel how hard my uterus was yesterday. (On a related note, anyone know why it's so much harder sometimes than others? I can't see any rhyme or reason to it.) Can't wait for the anatomy scan this friday!

3. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@gingerbebe: gahhh I can't even. SO ADORABLE!

4. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Torchwood: my inside belly area tightened a few nights ago. Braxton hicks. Know cuz I've felt them before.

5. Mrs. Jump Rope

RLP is no joke. My legs feel like jello. I think it's been made worse by walking on the beach.

I can hardly move and can't get comfortable. It's a deep pain and making it hard to walk.

6. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@tequiero21: A couple of times I've felt that and wondered if it was BHs, but other times I just poke at it and it's harder than usual without having felt anything. Who knows.

7. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Torchwood: mostly I feel a tightening in my belly. but past few days, been pretty crampy. like I'm getting my period crampy.

8. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Torchwood: I agree with the others, probably Braxton hicks. It's a painless tightening without a pattern. I get them if I don't drink enough water or over exert myself.

9. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: yup, I'm definitely not drinking enough water, so chugging more down now.

Can u take anything for rlp? Sounds painful.

10. Mrs. Jump Rope

@tequiero21: Tylenol but I haven't taken any yet. Rest and hydration helps but how much rest do you get with a toddler? I slept with a pillow between my legs last night and that helped some. I'm going to talk to my OB again next week. She told me it was likely RLP (ligaments go under your groin) and sounds like my pubic bone was separating, but I'm worried it's SPD (I fit the symptoms) so I'm wondering if a support belt will make a difference.

It's honestly painful and I can't imagine going another 20weeks like this.

11. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Sorry to thread jack again, but I'm having really similar pains that are in my butt (so I know its not RLP). I am going to the doctor Thursday and will be talking to them about SPD versus Sciatica and other issues. I feel like my hips are expanding and its causing a pinch in a nerved or something. Rest does seem to help but again, with a toddler that doesn't work. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs isn't helping me either. I will let you know what I find out.

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Mrs.Hawk71 congrats on the baby boy! We are stuck on boy names too. DH is convinced it is a girl so the conversation is on hold for now until we find out.

@torchwood I've had a bit of that too lately but just assumed it was everything growing and my organs getting shoved about. Trying not to worry about it!

I can't help but worrying about weight gain. I feel like I am eating healthy and exercising and still gaining on the high end of "normal." I'm hardly showing so I don't know why it bothers me so much.

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@psw27: I'm kind of nervous what they'll say about my weight at my appointment friday. I'd say I'm on the high end of normal too. Though if they say something, they better take into account how much of that is boob growth. They've gotten huge! I am showing a lot, but I'm still worried. I've been eating AWFUL because I'm usually at the new house and I can't actually cook anything there. Once we get moved I'm all set to start cooking healthy and we're getting gym memberships, so I'm hoping even if I'm over a little now, it'll even back out once things are settled.

14. Mrs. Jump Rope

@T.H.O.U.: yes please let me know! It doesn't sound like anything can alleviate SPD, but I guess I just want to know if I cry actually have it? My appt is next Thursday, so a little over a week away. The pain is bad enough that I'm taking a Tylenol tonight & feeling extra guilty about it

15. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

I've got the shooting pain too, it's either around the butt or going down my legs. I had it in my first pregnancy and it's pretty intense but luckily it doesn't last for too long. I find gentle stretching, minding my posture and pregnancy yoga helps (not that I have any time for yoga classes these days!).

I'm about to call my facilities team and see if there's any way I can have a desk that I can raise to standing height so I can alternate between sitting and standing. Sitting in a desk chair for 8 hours a day is a killer for a preggo body. Failing that I'll get a bouncy ball to sit on I think.

Hope the pain eases up for everyone!

16. London Mama

apricot / 475 posts

Hmm, come to think of it, I should probably stop wearing heels in the office...

17. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@torchwood I hear ya about the boobs! Mine are... out of control. I think I've gone from a small C to a G! (I got professionally measured and was like :shocked:) I think they are still growing and must weigh 10 lbs, no exaggerating. This child better like BF!!

@London mama my desk chair is killing me too - plus having my legs down all day. I need a foot rest or something but my keyboard is too far away fro me to sit with my legs up. Maybe I will get a bounce ball as well, that has to help. I need to start doing yoga...

18. Mrs. Jump Rope

@psw27: what about a footstool? I used a rectangular basket turned upside down under my desk at work. It was tall so it worked really well.

19. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

That's a good idea @mrs. jump rope - I was thinking of grabbing some reams of paper or a few boring law books as a prop. I'm sure my boss would get me something if I asked, I just haven't bothered!

20. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

I was feeling anxious so I stopped in for a quick heartbeat check with my doctor this morning. Everything was great! I keep expecting the heartbeat to be getting lower but it was 163bpm. It was 170 at my NT scan. So nice and high

2 weeks exactly until our anatomy scan! I am dying to know what it is!!

21. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Littlebit: Glad to hear it's all still good! I was expecting the same, for it to go down, and it has some. Started out around 160, now sitting right around 140. They say girls are higher, so maybe girl for you?

Anyone else who doesn't know the sex yet have any feelings one way or the other? I'm starting to really lean towards boy. No definite reason (though things like how LO is hanging out super low all the time point towards it), just a feeling. My mom swears she has a perfect record of predicting, and she independently started thinking boy too. Guess we'll see in a few months!

22. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Littlebit: glad to hear u had a good appt.

I had my 20-week. Baby doing well. Scheduled anatomy scan for Monday at some sketchy place lol. Apparently, my ins doesn't cover it so it would have cost over 2k for the scan. My doc has a number for a place that will do it cheap, 175. Hopefully, it will be ok lol.

23. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Littlebit: @Torchwood: I hard to believe the old wives take about heart rate. Chloe's HB was always around 160, and this baby's started out at 159. It's tapered down to 144 and now hovers between 135-142, and I'm having a girl!

24. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Hi all. Quick check-in.

1. My morning sickness came back!!!! Nauseated all week and I had to take Zofran last night because I was heaving all evening. Woke up heaving this morning. QUIT IT.

2. BUT no migraines thus far this week (fingers crossed).

3. I went to the eye doctor to get my eyes checked (trying to see if it has something to do with my headaches). Dr. said its pretty close, but bumped up my Rx a quarter of a point in one eye to see if it would help. Seems clearer to me, so hopefully that helps.

4. Work has been pretty manageable all week and BUT THEN I got a really terrible project this morning DUE TUESDAY. Are you kidding me. Being a lawyer sucks.

5. I feel like those old Mervyn's commercials waiting for my anatomy scan on Thursday. OPEN, OPEN, OPEN. After the anti-climactic elective ultrasound, I don't even care about the gender anymore. The only difference now is that we've been earnestly talking/thinking more about a middle name for a boy.

That's it for me. How's everyone else doing?

25. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I SWEAR I'm not doing this on purpose, but I keep running into flamingo crap while I'm looking at baby stuff for gifts, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Petit-Lem-Baby-Girls-Newborn-Flamingo/dp/B00G7KR31G/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1397757269&sr=1-4

I die.

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@torchwood I am also leaning towards boy. Although the heartbeat has been all over the place - last time 147, time before that it was 156 so who knows.

@gingerbebe can't believe your MS is back! ugh! (and yes, being a lawyer does suck sometimes...although my massive project for tomorrow got pushed - phew!)

@littlebit glad the appointment was good! I'm dying to know gender too!!

27. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yeah, I don't really buy into the heartbeat thing (or any of them), but it's fun to look at all of them and see what they say. I think I'd be leaning towards boy even if none of them fit.

28. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

When I was laying in bed last night, I had my hand on my belly, and I SWEAR I felt a kick with my hand, not just from the inside. I really wish I could get DH to try, but I don't think it'd work. For one thing, kicks are too sporadic. We could sit there for hours and never have one come in the right place. And I think I'm better able to feel with my hand since I'm also feeling from the inside and know for sure what I'm feeling. But still, it was cool! And I'm really looking forward to it getting to where DH can feel.

29. Mrs. Jump Rope

Guys, I really need a break. I've been sobbing the last hour because surprise, surprise, I'm bleeding *again*. I've been carrying Chloe a lot this week and going up and down tons of stairs. I'm hoping that's the cause & not something awful. My husband is here now & we checked baby's heartbeat; it's 143 & I can feel her kicking.

Unfortunately I'm basically in the middle of no where and if there was a true emergency, I don't know where to go or what to so.

If the bleeding doesn't stop soon, I'll call my OB back home.

Until then it's major rest and water for me

30. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Oh no! I'm so sorry! Put some pillows under your legs and rest up mama! You know you've had bleeding in the past, so its not something to get too concerned about yet! Make sure you eat something to keep your blood sugar up too!

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I'm so sorry you're dealing with this still/again! Like @gingerbebe said, your past bleeding was nothing, so surely this is too. Hugs!

32. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Finally taking a break for lunch (yes at 3pm!)

Was talking to one of my BFFs yesterday who's been off the radar for months because she ended up having a premie who was in NICU for CDH for like 3 months. (CDH is where your diaphragm has a hole in it and it pushes up all the digestive organs up, creating breathing and heart problems). Her baby had a heck of a time with a hole in her heart, hole in her diaphragm, 2 surgeries, ventilation, oxygen, and she's still on a feeding tube.

Anyways, we were talking she like went on an Usher-style new mom confession jag that was cracking me up. She was like obsessive/judgey (her words) when she was TTC and pregnant about natural everything, Bradley method, exclusively breastfeeding, only drinking raw milk or eating organic food and grassfed beef, etc. This was a girl who beat herself up for months for ALMOST DYING while trying to miscarry naturally and had to have a D&C to prevent from bleeding to death.

Now that she's a mom (her baby came home a few months ago and is 5 months old now) she's laughing at herself and telling me what a jerk she felt like now because she's been exclusively pumping for her little girl (and feeding through the tube) for 6 months and wants to quit because she has no life outside her pump. She can't go anywhere and was like "I know I said I would never in a million years do this, but I think we're going to transition to formula because I just can't take it anymore! They even had to fortify my milk in NICU because she needed the calories - horror!"

We were laughing about it all and she had some interesting reflections on pregnancy and labor. She took the Bradley method class with her husband and she was like "In the end, it was a total waste for me, because once you're in labor you basically do whatever you have to cope. It doesn't matter what they teach you. And it turns out I did NOT want my husband talking to me, touching me, massaging me, coaching me, or ANYTHING. I just needed to zone out and handle it however I could. And I had a 4 pound baby! So much for husband coached birth!"

She designed a full a Pottery Barn nursery for her daughter. "She has never slept once in her crib. She doesn't even sleep in the co-sleeper in our room! She sleeps smack in the middle of our bed. And I change her diaper on the floor 99% of the time. I basically just stick her in her rock n' play during the day and she's happy."

Anyways, no real point to this. It just was a good reminder for me to not take myself so seriously and roll with the punches. I didn't expect to have a Pregnancy by McDonald's (basically need a McMuffin every day), but its what has kept me upright and able to work everyday. I stopped taking prenatals months ago (doctor said just take the folic acid) and eat/drink whatever sounds good and stays down. I'm just over trying so damn hard.

In fact I'm eating a fatty chimichanga for lunch! Muahaha.

33. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I'm so sorry, that is so stressful! I hope you get some rest and feel better soon.

I had my own scare today; I drove about an hour away to visit a friend, and we took a walk down to the neighborhood playground. On the way back it was windy, so DD wanted to be carried, and somehow I must've walked too close to the curb because I stepped off the curb, lost my balance, lost my shoe, and fell down pretty hard on my knees with DD hanging on around my waist. Luckily she was fine, but I scraped up my knees and ripped my leggings, and it really upset me because I fell so hard and I just worried about something happening to the baby.

So I called my OB's nurse's line, and left a message and after 3 hours hadn't heard back, so I called back again. The nurse claimed that she had tried to call me and got a busy signal (??) so who knows what happened. Anyway, she told me I should go to the ER to do a sonogram, which was not what I expected at all (I thought if anything, they'd have me come in and just check the heart rate).

Anyway, so I called DH, who was at work, to come meet me at the hospital, bc I had DD and you never know how long you'll be at the ER. This was my first experience at this particular hospital, and it was very positive. We waited for less than 5 minutes, and we were seen right away. They found the heartbeat immediately. I could have sworn the tech said the heart rate was 182, but when the attending PA came back in, she said, "No, no, 182 would be really high, so it was 152." They said at this point there was no need to do a sonogram (I think bc since it's before 21 weeks they wouldn't do any medical intervention to prevent a m/c) and that I should make an appt to see my doctor next week for a follow-up. I ended up feeling kind of silly for going in at all, but since my next appointment wasn't going to be until May 2, I knew I would have worried until then. At least they had me in and out in 45 minutes...fastest ER visit I've ever experienced (and hopefully the last one for awhile!).

And now I'm just emotionally drained and ready for bed.

34. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Pancakes: I'm so sorry. Falling is my DH's worst nightmare. (Its because my BFF (who I wrote about above) went into early labor because she fell down the stairs at her house holding a basket of laundry at 34 weeks). We live in a single-story house and he's always saying how he never wants me to take stairs or walk down the street without him. That must have been so scary! I'm glad the heartbeat is fine. I would definitely rest, put your legs up, and treat yourself to a smoothie or something tasty.

35. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@gingerbebe: I definitely ate my feelings with a spoon and a container of Joe-Joes ice cream! I fell when I was pregnant with DD, too. It was actually the morning of my baby shower and I slipped on a patch of black ice. My latte went flying and I ended up on my back, hitting my head on the brick sidewalk. I was out of state from my OB so I don't think I even ended up getting specially checked out for that and DD turned out okay But yes, falling is scary and I guess I need to be extra careful.

36. Mrs. Jump Rope

I am still bleeding this morning but it's tapered off to brown, which is very reassuring. Everything was perfect at my anatomy scan last week, so I also feel good knowing I had a recent ultrasound that revealed no abnormalities.

I checked the HB again and this morning it was 149. Little miss is all over the place! I hadn't been feeling kicks which worried me, but of course now she's doing somersaults.

I put a call into my OB this morning and am waiting for a call back. I just want some reassurance that this is "normal" and no need to panic or go to the ER. I have a regular appt scheduled for next Thursday, too.

I am trying not to be a panicing freak. I was 21w when I had my first contractions with Chloe and 23w when I dilated.

My OB just called and said if I bleed again to call her back and I'll be sent to the hospital. She wants to send them my records

37. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Hugs! Thinking of you and baby Charlotte. Hang in there!

38. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Glad you got checked out and sounds like you need to take it easy!

39. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Glad things are starting to look up. No more carrying Chloe! Time to rest up!

40. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Pancakes: glad u n baby n dd are ok! Scary!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: glad everything is ok, take it easy!

Ugh, my son should be napping and he's not.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee