Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: That's funny about your husband - very cute! I agree that it will be nice to get past the awkward stage and actually look pregnant.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Good luck!

2. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: How did it go??

I'm also starting to feel a bit dumpy. I'm petite as well, so any weight gain is immediately noticeable on me. I'm only going to be 8 weeks on Friday...I need to hold this in for at least another month! It also doesn't help that my boobs look like two watermelons on my chest...

3. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I hear ya on the boob situation! Maybe this weekend I'll shop for new bras.

Has anyone been taking bump pictures? I had my husband take a pic at 8 weeks and again yesterday (10.5 weeks). I don't look pregnant at all in pictures. My body's changes can't be all in my head though, right? Haha - mayyybe I was just sucking it in

4. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ehh5000: I haven't taken any yet! Maybe starting on Thursday when I am 11 weeks? I think I just look bloated, and I can still suck it into almost nothing...

@2PeasinaPod: Agree with you all on the boob situation. Already had to get a bigger bra!

5. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ehh5000: I haven't started yet, but maybe at 10 weeks I will start!!

I had my first appt today. It was a bit uneventful, but its a new practice for me and I met with a midwife who was great and super thorough and we talked through a lot of the early genetic testing/screening options and we had to make a decision today about how to proceed.

I am going back in two weeks for an ultrasound and to give blood for the Harmony PreNatal test, and we get the results back in 10 days. Hoping of course everything comes back OK, if not there will be more ultrasounds and probably an amnio. We can also find out the sex, crazy to find out at 11 weeks. I was given the choice of doing an amnio instead of the blood test which I thought was weird, but whatever.

The midwife was super sweet and said even though it's too early (I'm 8w2d today) she took out her portable U/S machine and tried to see something, we couldn't really see anything at all but got a quick glance at the gestational sac, two more weeks to wait.

And thats pretty much it....Still pretty nauseous most days - i started wearing SeaBands at the recommendation of my sister and I actually think they are helping! And making sure i'm eating regularly. GIVE ME CARBS.

6. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@hellobeeboston: I am glad your appointment went well and the midwife was super thorough. That is crazy that they offered to go straight to amnio. I thought most were recommending the new screenings as the first step since they have a high accuracy rate. Maybe they just wanted to make every option available to you?

I had the blood draw for the Panorama last Thursday, and I am on pins and needles waiting for it to come back... Should be any day now... Freaking out (hopefully unjustifiably) and just hoping everything is okay. I am excited to find out the sex too - the non scary, exciting side to the early testing!

7. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrscobee: I know. She gave basically every option so I guess she wanted us to know our options. That's exciting! How long did they say for results? Will they call or mail them to you!?

8. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@hellobeeboston: The company faxes to doc, and then someone from their office calls... My sweet DH called the lab, and they said they received on Saturday and sample is in testing (as of yesterday). I think normally they say 7-10 days... I am coming up on 7, so I am thinking it could be any day now. Eeeeeeek!!!

9. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@hellobeeboston: Today is my first day of wearing sea bands and I thjnk they are helping a bit. My problem is that it is too hot here to wear long sleeves or sweaters and I'm paranoid someone is going to ask about them or assume they are for morning sickness.

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ChelseaRose: ooh yeah. That's tough. I was washing my hands in the bathroom at work and caught someone looking at them. Whatever! I do think they are helping though!

11. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrscobee: eeeeeeeee. That is SO exciting! Any day now!

12. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

I love hearing about everyone's first appointments! Ours is tomorrow morning, and it feels like it's been months since I scheduled it.

I also appreciate hearing about your tips for dealing with nausea. I made it to about 8.5 weeks before it kicked in, but now it's kind of a constant state. I haven't ralphed yet though, so I guess that's good.

13. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

Dear DD,

Now is not the time to get a stomach bug... Mommy's been able to keep her nausea in check with constant snacking, but it's hard to eat when I'm chasing you with a bucket and constantly changing your extra special diapers.

With love,
    Your Mama

PS - love hearing all of your updates!!! I am looking forward to getting my US appointment scheduled! My doctor is away for 3 weeks and I really hope he sent the requisition before he left! I may call to double check if I don't hear by next week!

14. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@elljay: haha. I love the term "ralphed". Made me lol

@Ocean girl: oh no!! Poor DD. I so feel your pain tho, LO threw up this weekend and I was standing over the sink gagging while DH cleaned it.

15. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

Just got back from my midwife appointment. My due date has changed- it is now officially sept. 21st. Saw my tiny gummy bear. so adorable.

16. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Thanks everyone for the nausea advice. I ended up getting a Rx for Diclegis and Zofran. Haven't had to use them yet... have been trying to make sure I eat first thing in the morning and then eat all day.

For those of you that are WOHM... when are you planning on telling work? I'm at 9.5 weeks right now. Last time I think waited until 12 weeks... but I am feeling like I may want to say something sooner to my boss. I am meeting with her today and was thinking about telling her, but now I'm not sure. Ugh! I hate being secretive over this!

17. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Somebunny: yay congrats! Same EDD as me!:)

18. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I have been thinking about this too. 11 weeks today, and haven't told yet. I hate being secretive too!! I had a doctors appointment at 8 weeks and have two next week, so I am worried if I don't tell her she will wonder what is going on! I may wait until genetic tests come back okay... Then tell her hopefully next week. This is my first child, and I am dreading telling her. I think she will be happy for me, but secretly worried about what will happen when I go out on leave, which is the beginning of a busy time for our department.

19. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@CarrieLouWho: feeling the same way about work. I started a new position (same organization) in early December and I feel like I need to justify the time I will miss for appointments before I announce at work (was hoping to wait until after NT scan). People may start to figure out anyway tho, because clothes are getting tighter each day!

I'm off for the 2nd full day with DD and this stomach bug... And also missed 1/2 of Tuesday when daycare called for me to come get her. Not winning many points at work at the moment.

20. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

I plan to wait as long as possible with telling work. Last time I didn't tell anyone at work until I already had my anatomy scan at 18 weeks and knew I was having a boy. It worked out just fine. I'm overweight and didn't gain much weight with my first, so you couldn't even tell physically. I actually didn't get a comment from a stranger until about 33 weeks, which was great because I don't like small talk with random people or unsolicited advice.

21. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ChelseaRose: That is great that you were able to wait until you were ready to tell! Even if I'm not showing, I just don't know if I will be able to get away with going much longer because I feel so bad having all these doctor's appointments with no explanation. I probably shouldn't care though...

22. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I think it depends on your workplace and your relationship with your boss. It sounds like you have had pretty bad nausea, which can be difficult to hide at work. I ended up telling my boss because I kept getting sick at work, and I felt like that was such a giveaway. She was very supportive.

I have my second doctor's appointment tomorrow. This will be the first time that the doctor tries to locate my baby's heartbeat. I didn't do anything besides a urine test at my first appointment. I'm so nervous! I feel like I am making stuff up to worry about - for example, in the past few days, my boobs stopped feeling so sensitive and the left one appears to have shrunk. Lovely. I know that this could just be a sign that my body is getting used to the hormones, but my head is so full of "what ifs?" I hope my appointment goes well and that I'll get some peace of mind. I don't like being a crazy pregnant lady!

23. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@mrscobee: I'm only 7 weeks and haven't had any appointments yet. However, I work a 4/40 schedule and have Fridays off every week, so that's when I make all my appointments for. Sometimes I will work from home and that allows me to have appointments on other days if needed. Working long days is worth it when I get a day off every week.

24. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Congrats on all of the successful appointments and anxious to hear how others go today and tomorrow!

We had another today, and our little bean is growing right on track. Today, he/she measured at 8w1d though I'm only 7w6d. Heartbeat is at 170, so super strong. My family keeps saying that it's a girl, but DS's heartbeat was super high too, and well, we know how that ended up! Two more weekly appointments with my RE and then officially get turned over to an OB. I'll be sad to leave, but happy that they've made things work for me so quickly.

@CarrieLouWho: Hope you're feeling better! I told my boss early. She knows all about our history of miscarriages and knew we were seeing a RE b/c I needed time off for so many appointments. Since I was starting to go weekly, I wanted to let her know what was up. She has been 100% my biggest supporter in all of this aside from DH, and she's unmarried with no kids. So I was a little surprised, but she's been nothing but wonderful throughout all of this! I give her weekly updates too

25. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

We had our first appointment this morning and it went great! Little bean is measuring right on track and we were able to see the heartbeat flickering. And my official due date got bumped back a day to Sept 14th.

@CarrieLouWho: I'm in a bit of a pickle about this as well. I actually work for a company that manufactures alcoholic beverages, and we have a sales meeting the first week of March that always includes a lot of drinking. It will definitely be noticeable that I am abstaining. We thought about telling family/friends/boss before I leave for that meeting, but now I feel like we might want to wait on the NT scan (which will be a few weeks later). Ugh!

26. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ehh5000: Good luck with your appointment tomorrow! My head is always full of "what-ifs" too! I hope everything goes great so you get good peace of mind!
    @2PeasinaPod: That is wonderful that your boss is so supportive!!
    @elljay: That is a pickle about the drinking event! That's how one of my husband's co-workers already knows I'm pregnant! We were at an event, and I was drinking Sprite with lime, but someone figured out there was no vodka in it - ughhhhh!!

27. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: Thank you for the well-wishes!! Good luck with your appointments next week! I hope that yours go well, too

28. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@elljay: Forgot to add congrats on your good appointment!
    @ehh5000: Thanks

29. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: And congrats on your appointment too! Good strong heartbeat! I am so scatterbrained today. It's like I can only read half of what people say. Is this the pregnancy brain that people speak of?

30. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@mrscobee: Thanks!!

31. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@mrscobee: Haha...thank you! And yes, it definitely is. I feel like I forget everything on a regular basis without being pregnant let alone when I am pregnant!

Who has appointments today? It's getting harder to keep track!

Anyone else feel like they have a shorter tolerance or a short fuse lately? Since LO climbed out of his crib last week, he isn't napping well which makes him cranky. I know what a good boy he can be, so I have zero tolerance for him acting up lately. I'm normally pretty patient with him, but last night was a really bad night. I feel bad for having such a short fuse, but I'm not down with him throwing things at me or hitting me. That doesn't fly here.

32. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@2PeasinaPod: yes! That was one of my first "symptoms." I have zero patience when I'm pregnant even though I normally am a pretty patient person. It's not as bad with DH or DD but anyone else better watch themselves.

33. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I had my appointment today! We heard the little nugget's heartbeat I'm glad that your appointment went well and that your little one is on track!

@elljay: congratulations on a great appointment! What a relief!

34. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ehh5000: Awesome! Love hearing the heartbeat!

@Somebunny: I'm glad it's not just me...I feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!

35. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Definitely a little short fused here too.
    @ehh5000: Yay!!! So glad your appointment went well!

36. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@ehh5000: Thanks! Glad to hear yours also went well - hearing the heartbeat must have been amazing!

37. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: @elljay: @2PeasinaPod: Thank you all for sharing in my excitement!!

38. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

Just had my appointment! So hematoma has not changed in size, so that's good that it didn't get larger. I'm still hoping that it will shrink. The doctor is hopeful as well. I'm still on pelvic rest as well, but I can be more active. Baby was measuring 3 days behind so he officially changed my due date to 9/14! So I'm 9w4d today instead of 10. Heart rate was 160bpm! I'm so relieved! Baby was waving at us on the screen! So amazing. photo is sideways because baby is attached the the "roof" of my uterus I guess. You can see the little hand, and the umbilical cord and the last bit of yolk sac by it's "feet".

39. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@FreckledFox: Yay for a good appointment!!! Great pic too - thanks for sharing!!

40. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

congrats on all the great appointment ladies!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee