Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. skiles

pea / 5 posts

Hi Mamas, I've been nervous about joining this board, but just had our 9 week appointment and heard our little peanut's heartbeat via Doppler...157bpm. Hoping that things continue to go well. Congratulations to all of you and I'm excited to be on the board.

Location: China for hubby's job (hoping we move to Cali before baby comes!)
    EDD: 9/24
    How far along: 9 weeks 5 days
    First child? Nope, LO#1 is turning 2 next week!
    First doctor appointment: 1/29 (went in early for bloodwork and ultrasound...had two MCs before having LO#1 so super nervous about baby being ok)
    Any symptoms so far? Very tired, a lot of nausea and morning sickness all day, and super sore boobs/nipples
    Who have you told? Hubby, my whole direct family (mainly for support in case things go south) and my in laws. Will wait to tell our extended families and close friends until after the first tri is over and won't make it public knowledge (FB/IG) until after 20weeks.

2. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@skiles: welcome and congrats!

I have a rash... Cue to furiously googling measles rash... But I haven't had any other symptoms, phew!

I had a UTI last week, which they only caught because my rheumatologist did a urine test. Never knew you could have one without a single symptom, but apparently that's very common in pregnancy. I hope it's gone now after 5 days of penicillin - I'd have preferred a checkup afterwards, but my next app is only next week. Oh well.

Otherwise, I want spring! Getting cabin fever.

How are you girls doing?

3. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@skiles: Welcome and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

@busylizzy111: I over-google symptoms, too! It's a bad habit that I need to break. It just causes me stress! I'm ready for spring too, but I'm enjoying hiding in my winter clothes. I have a little bump now

4. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@skiles: Welcome!!

@busylizzy111: @ehh5000: I am ready for spring too!! It would be nice to get out and exercise and walk around the neighborhood! Can't wait!

@ehh5000: Starting to get a bump too! I don't think anyone can notice it though b/c I am wearing loose clothing... I have started to tell more people, but since I am not on facebook, still haven't told everyone. Told my boss last Friday, and that went well. When I came into her office and shut her door, she turned white. Thought I was quitting, so was glad to learn I was only pregnant!

5. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

Are anyone's symptoms letting up? Almost 13 weeks and starting to feel better... I threw up yesterday morning, but other than that, feeling pretty good. Food aversions are letting up a bit, so that is good!

6. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: So glad that telling your work went over well!! It's exciting to get a little bump, isn't it? No one has noticed mine either but I think within the next few weeks it will become more difficult to hide.

My symptoms are significantly better - I'm glad to hear that yours are lessening, too! I also threw up yesterday but my nausea has subsided quite a bit overall. Also, my breasts aren't as sensitive. Last night I did start to feel a bit of heartburn though...nothing too bad, but I should stock up on some tums.

7. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

My rash is now everywhere, I look like I have measles (which is awesome for leaving the house). I think it is due to the amoxicillin I had to take for the UTI but my doctor wants to see me anyway today. I hope it is nothing worse.
    Looking forward to the trip in the subway... we had the first measles death this weekend in Germany, so people are alarmed.

8. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@busylizzy111: Oh no!! I hope you can get it cleared up and it isn't serious! And hopefully no one mistakes you for having the measles!

9. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@skiles: welcome & congrats!

@busylizzy111: oh no! hopefully it's a reaction to the antibiotics! keep us posted!

@mrscobee: my symptoms are definitely easing up! well, some of them.... the morning sickness has gotten much better - i'm SO exhausted at night still, but i'm pretty good all day. I'm just over 10 weeks.

I had my ultrasound and second appointment today! We saw the baby on the ultrasound and the heartbeat was around 173 bpm - i'm now super convinced it's a girl!

I was so relieved to see the baby - and it was moving too - but i felt like I couldn't really think this was for real until we saw everything was OK.

I also had my blood draw for Harmony - hoping that all comes back OK, we wait about 10 biz days they said, and then we'll know the sex!

We're going to tell family this weekend

hope all of you are feeling well!!!

10. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@mrscobee: thanks. It seems to be a strong reaction but you can't do much about it in pregnancy... normally I'd have to get cortisone infusions. I will try without for now but had to promise to come to the ER if it gets worse, there is the danger to go into an anaphylactic shock. I know now that I can never ever take amoxicillin again, better now that in a more dire situation, right?
    the pharmacist was a wuss though "Oh my god, I have never seen anything as bad as this!" "Really? my face is the least affected part of my body" "Oh my god!!!!"
    I had to pull out a mirror and check after leaving the pharmacy..... I don't think it is THAT bad. Looks like a bad case of neurodermatitis or acne or exzema - so what, there are people who deal with these kind of things every day. I just stared back when people stared at me

11. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@busylizzy111: oh - i'm allergic to amoxicillian, penicillin, septra/sulfa --- so basically most antibiotics! i also break out into a rash... My doc just asked me to get tested to see if i'm still allergic (the reactions happened when i was a child) especially just in case I end up being Strep B positive (wasn't with my first pregnancy) but they have to give antibiotics and it's most often penicillin!

12. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@busylizzy111: Oh my gosh! So hoping this all clears up very soon with no more complications!!! Ha - I can't believe the pharmacist's reaction!

@hellobeeboston: Yay for another good appointment!! How exciting that you will know the sex in 10 days!!

13. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@hellobeeboston: yay for a great appointment! and thanks! @mrscobee: thank you!

14. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Anyone else enjoying a snow day today? We got about 5 inches, so everything shut down
    Anyone starting to daydream about nursery decor?
    I've been researching minivans today - I can't wait!!!

15. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@skiles: Welcome! You're in good company...I've also had 2 losses prior to LO and 2 losses prior to this pregnancy. Sounds like you heard a very strong heartbeat, so that's a huge plus. Hoping for a very happy and healthy 9 months for you.

@busylizzy111: Holy cow...hoping that your rash starts to disappear soon. Not fun!

@mrscobee: I'm less nauseous now, but still exhausted all the time. Funny thing is, at night, I can't sleep and am up a million times to pee. Glad to hear that telling work went really well!

@hellobeeboston: Congrats on the great appointment!

@CarrieLouWho: No more snow here. I'm so ready for warmer weather! As for nursery, I think we're going to keep the nursery the same for LO#2. It's gender neutral enough (Safari themed with lots of green and yellow).

16. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I can't wait to do the nursery!!!! Any ideas yet? I don't want to get started too early, but know I will have so much fun doing it! I don't think I could do a minivan - haha! But this is my first, so maybe I will change my mind some day

17. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Snow? What's that? Ha! I live in Southern California and the high today is 72.

18. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@skiles: Welcome and congrats!!

@busylizzy111: Sorry to hear about your rash, hope it clears up soon! I actually have a UTI as well - not fun.

@hellobeeboston: My morning sickness cleared up at 10 weeks too (I'm just over 11 weeks now)! Congrats on a great appointment and enjoy sharing the news with your family!

@CarrieLouWho: We got about 5 inches too, but no snow day for me - I'm in Chicago, so we just trudge on. But I'm a Southerner at heart and always wishing for a snow day.

I finally told my parents today - it was awesome, they were so excited! Today is my husband's birthday so we're telling his parents at dinner tonight!

19. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@elljay: How cool that you are starting to tell everyone!! So exciting!

20. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@ChelseaRose: jealousssssssssss

21. skiles

pea / 5 posts

thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

@busylizzy1111: how's your rash? getting better, i hope?

@mrscobee, @ehh5000, @hellobeeboston, @elljay: I'm jealous that you ladies are feeling better and that your morning sickness is starting to subside. I wish it were the same for me. I feel like I've had the flu/stomach flu the last month or so...I throw up about 3-5 times a day...it always seems worse after 5pm for some reason. I was the same way with LO#1...and it didn't subside until I was about 18 weeks, so I'm super nervous that I'm going to be sick for even longer this time. Hopefully the end of feeling terrible is coming soon so I can enjoy this pregnancy. I try to remind myself that feeling sick means that peanut is doing okay in there. Strangely, when I have "good" moments I tend to worry that something is wrong. can't win it seem.

@hellobeeboston: great news on your appointment! love it when things are going well.

@2peasinapod: thanks. trying to stay positive over here and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months too. I totally feel you about the peeing. I normally have to pee a lot...being pregnant takes it to another level.

22. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

@skiles: itchy I wrote the midwife to hear if she has any natural remedies up her sleaves

I am so sorry for everyone who is still fighting morning sickness!

Oh, I wanted to ask - do you guys have something like a "motherhood passport" in the US/Canada?
    I got mine on wednesday when I went in to show my rash, normally I would have gotten it next week. It is a document (small booklet) you are supposed to carry with you all of the time, with all the information regarding your pregnancy (and subsequent pregnancies), blood type, rhesus factor, toxoplasmosis status etc, allergies ( ), risk factors, all the US findings... so any doctor knows about your pregnancy if something happens.
    Makes me feel pregnant "for real"

23. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@busylizzy111: How about an oatmeal bath for the itchiness? I know Aveeno makes an oatmeal bath...we had to use it for LO when he had hives as a result of a virus.

And I've never heard of a motherhood passport! Sounds incredibly smart though.

@ChelseaRose: I am so jealous. Take that 7 off and that's what our temp was last night

@elljay: Happy birthday to DH and have fun telling everyone!! I've been slowly telling some people. My friends all know about our struggles, so they've been asking periodically how things are going. As they ask, I tell them.

I'm officially 10 weeks today and have my last appointment with my RE. I'm a little sad that I won't get to see my little bean every week anymore! I have an appointment with my new OB on March 9th. They're making me get a pap before that appointment since it's been a while. Seems a little odd to me, but headed to do that on Wednesday of next week.

24. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@busylizzy111: I have never heard of the passport either! But I think it is a wonderful idea!!! Why DON"T we have that here?!

@2PeasinaPod: My OB does a pap too. Seemed odd to me as well.

25. kgbee

cherry / 237 posts

Had my first prenatal this morning!! Quick dating ultrasound (b/c doppler couldn't read a heartbeat) confirmed one wiggly gummy bear baby with heart-flutter pixels growing right on schedule. Due date still at 30 Sept, so I'm 9w5d today! Have been using the photo to tell the remaining networks of people, so pretty much everyone knows now! Exclamation points indicate just how excited I'm feeling.

26. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@kgbee: that's great news!!! Yay for a good appointment!

27. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@kgbee: yay!!! That's awesome!! Great pic too!

28. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@elljay: Did you have fun sharing your news with your husband's parents! It's really cool that you planned it so that you could tell them on your husband's birthday. Very memorable!

@kgbee: Congratulations on a great appointment! It IS really exciting!!

@CarrieLouWho: I wish that I could daydream about nursery plans! I love home decor and nurseries are always so sweet and personal. We are actually about to put our house on the market. We live in Pittsburgh and want to move to Philly before the baby is born if possible (our families and a number of our friends live in the Philly area). Is anyone else trying to move before the baby is born? It's stressful!

29. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@ehh5000: Yes, our house is on the market now. We're in California now and want to relocate to Oklahoma. Super stressful!! Good luck!

30. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@kgbee: yay great pic and appointment!

31. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@Somebunny: I hope that you get a great offer on your house soon. CA to OK is a big move! Moving + pregnancy is a lot to manage at once. It's a lot of change and planning.

32. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@kgbee: Congrats on a great appointment!

@ehh5000: It was so much fun telling them! I loved telling my parents (especially my mom who I had been dying to talk to about it), but it will be the first grandchild for DH's parents and they were just over the moon. Good luck with your move - Philly is such a cool city!

33. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@elljay: Oh my gosh, that must have been so special!! It's great to have family and friends to share in the baby joy. Thank you for your well-wishes for my move!

I've been really wanting to find out my baby's sex recently. Maybe because I'm getting closer to the point where it is possible to tell by ultrasound (I'm 14 weeks)? I'm jealous of the mamas who already know! If you found out the baby's sex, did you share it right away? I am planning to share at some point but I'm not sure if I will try to tell my loved ones in a special way or if I'll just blurt it out, like I did with my pregnancy announcement

34. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

Just had my 12 week ultrasound/IPS and am waiting to do bloodwork! Everything measuring on schedule and looked good! Babe was pretty active

35. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@Ocean girl: Yay! How wonderful!

36. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@ehh5000: We just started telling everyone as soon as we found out! We couldn't hold it in. So much for a dramatic gender reveal...

@Ocean girl: Yay! Glad everything is looking good!

37. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: I think I will probably be the same way! When I have big news, I just want to share it.

@Ocean girl: Congratulations!! It's awesome to see the little one moving around.

38. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I had my 12 week NT scan, waiting on the blood results. They should arrive in the mail in a week. We told both sides of the family about baby. Everyone is Thrilled! We told a few more coworkers. I am 13 weeks today and still spotting, but I guess thats my "normal".

Here is babyfox at 12+1 from the NT scan!

39. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@FreckledFox: awe great shot!!! So glad your announcements are going well!!

40. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Glad everyone's announcements and scans are going so well! Headed in for my first official OB appointment today! Met with the nurse practitioner on Wednesday for an annual, and she was so great. She even listened to the heartbeat for me even though it wasn't supposed to be a prenatal visit. Excited to see the little bean again today!

Got all of my orders for my tests. Need to go for my glucose screening early on this time around since I had GD last time. Hoping that I don't have it this time!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee