Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Hi All! I had my NT scan this morning. Good news is that the SCH is gone and heartbeat was strong at 157 BPM and I'm measuring right on schedule.

Bad news is that the placenta is completely covering my cervix. Ultrasound tech said that I will likely come back in a few weeks to see how it moves and that usually it goes up as the uterus grows, particularly when it's spotted this early. Back on pelvic rest until I hear from the doctor. Ugh! I just wish I could stop getting bad news at every U/S appointment.

Also, no word on the Harmony test results. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm so excited to find out gender.

Anyone have a feeling on gender if you haven't found out yet? I am feeling girl Our DD keeps saying sister and I keep having dreams it's a girl... that's the only thing I'm going on!

2. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@FreckledFox: yay great pic & appointment!

@CarrieLouWho: I'm surprised you haven't heard back from the Harmony test! I would call the office maybe! How long on pelvic rest? I hope it moves up for you! Also, me and DH thought girl (since pregnancy was so different) heart rate was higher than my sons, and he kept saying "seester" when we asked him! Shocked! But so psyched it's a BOY

3. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@2PeasinaPod: good luck with your new OB!!!! Exciting. Fingers crossed on glucose screen. Are there higher chances of having GD if you had it first time? They screen me early too since my mom had it.

4. FreckledFox

grape / 78 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Your SCH is gone? That's fabulous news!! Mine is still there, but it appeared smaller to me on the screen. I'm not a Dr though! I will say that every person who have ever told me about the placenta covering the cervix has had it move before delivery (except one, out of 5), so I wouldn't worry!. Sorry about more pelvic rest though!

5. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Yay for your SCH being gone!! So sorry about the pelvic rest. That sucks! Hope the situation resolves itself. You should get your test back any day I would think - that is so exciting you'll know gender! I know with Panorama, I could call the lab to see if they sent to doctor, and then I knew whether to bother doctor

@hellobeeboston: Yay for another boy! So exciting!

@FreckledFox: Yay for a great appointment and awesome picture!!

@2PeasinaPod: Also wishing you luck with your new OB.

I had another ultrasound today. Excited and happy that everything seems to still be looking good with our little boy. I always have so much ultrasound stress, so I am feeling relieved at the moment. I also had a first appointment with my high risk doctor. A little stressed out about that... Even though everything is fine at the moment, his overly cautious approach scared me. I have something in my brain that my neurologist believes will be unaffected by pregnancy, but the high risk doc seemed more worried about it and wants me to get periodic brain MRIs during pregnancy. He said they are completely safe, but when I look on the internet it seems a little more inconclusive. It is just so hard when two expert doctors disagree so much about course of monitoring. Hopefully the answers as to the best course of action become more clear to me over the coming days

6. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Sorry to hear about your placenta. The good thing is, they're catching all of this and making sure you're taking precautions, so that's one way of looking at it. Hoping that things start to look up!

@mrscobee: Ugh...that does sound scary! I'm hoping that you get some clarity and your two doctors consult and agree on the best approach.

@hellobeeboston: Yes! I'm at an increased risk for GD because I had it the first time around. I'm 99% sure my mom had it as well, though they didn't test for it 35 years ago! She has type II diabetes now as well, so I'm just high risk all around!

I need to make an appointment with a perinatologist as well due to my history. Hoping that just means they'll keep a closer eye on me to be sure everything is ok!

7. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@hellobeeboston: @FreckledFox: @mrscobee: @2PeasinaPod:
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. I'm trying not to let it get to me too much, but it does make me a little nervous. I do take comfort in the fact that it usually moves, so that is a definite positive.

8. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

Hi there all and congrats on your little beans!
    I am a first timer and 15 wks tomorrow all looks well.

9. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

My doctor has me exercising again and eating better as I gained twice as much as is average and was already 20 pounds over.
    Today I appear to have lost 2-4 pounds my first tri was rough I felt like the only person who gained and had to eat to not be sick.

10. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

Feeling much better now, I am doing 45 mins 3x a week at a heart rate of 140ish and going to try prenatal yoga as a replacement for one of the days during the week, I do elliptic, fast walk on treadmill at 3.5 incline 4.0 speed, and cycling.
    It does makes me nervous because I am afraid to lose to much, but my doctor recommends it and I am now eating very healthy at good amounts and hope to mostly maintain, I just seem to be adjusting a bit after eat carbs and only exercising once a week during a very nauseous, carb and cheese hungry first.

11. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

I am so joyous to be having a little girl and willing to do whatever is best for her

12. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

Anybody else initially overweight, gain extra in the first and told to maintain start of second then gain less than a pond a week second tri with added exercise and a small amount of weight loss after that shift?

13. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

I do feel good exercising and eating better, my biggest change was to replace cheese with avocado!
    I sometimes get nervous about exercising but I am not going crazy with it, and will watch my weight to make sure I am mostly maintaing, add calories if it is dropping.

14. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I'm sorry about your placenta but glad to hear that the ultrasound went well, otherwise! My placenta is covering my cervix too but apparently this is typically not an issue later in pregnancy because the placenta grows / moves. Fingers crossed that everything grows as it should. Have you gotten your test results back? Boy or girl?? I kind of think I'm having a girl for the same reasons as you - I've had two dreams that my baby is a girl. Very scientific

@mrscobee: I'm glad that your ultrasound went well! Sorry about the stress that the high-risk doctor / MRI situation causes.

@hellobeeboston: Congratulations on your boy!!

@2PeasinaPod: I hope that your appointments go well and put your mind at ease - it must add quite a layer of stress when you are labeled as high risk.

@GirlSept2: Welcome to our board! You and I are due right around the same time. Good for you for taking action to get healthy!

15. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

We got the panorama test results today! Everything came back low risk, but they couldn't test for trisomy 13 so I have to go back for a redraw & retest.
    Also, I had them tell my BFF at work the gender so she knows what we're having! She's making us a cake tonight so we can cut into it tomorrow and find out together!!! I am so excited to find out!

16. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Yay for low risk! Bummer about the retest, but I'm sure trisomy 13 will come back fine too! Good idea for the cake - so exciting!!

Has anyone started taking bump pictures yet? I feel like mine from last week (14 weeks) looks almost the same as the one I took this morning (15 weeks)!

17. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: omg so exciting!!!! Yay for good results too. Are you thinking boy or girl if you had to guess?! Show us the cake

@GirlSept2: welcome and congrats on your girl

@mrscobee: not yet! I just look bloated/blumpey!

18. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@hellobeeboston: I definitely think girl, so does hubby. I have the cake, but have to wait until tonight to cut into... the suspense is KILLING meeeeeeeeee!!! So excited!!!

19. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@hellobeeboston: I know what you mean! Mine is probably half bloat! Don't know why I am so excited to have a larger bump. There will be plenty of time to feel huge later!!

20. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I don't know if I could handle the all-day suspense!!!

21. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: oh man. Longest wait evverrrrrrrr

22. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Great for being low risk! I can't seem to get the perinatologist I was recommended to to call me back to make an appointment! I just want to get the genetic screenings back and either not worry or prepare for what they show. We're also dying to know the gender!

@mrscobee: No bump photos here. I struggle with body image photos and my DH made me take a few photos when I was pregnant with LO. I look back at them and think I look utterly disgusting. I don't think I'll be taking any this time around.

23. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

Thanks for the greetings

24. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

I honestly Feel Huge
    I think I am not appreciating my bump because I was 20 pounds overweight prior, and have added on 12pounds ( I am 15 weeks + 1 day)
    I also have body issues, as blessed as I feel, I guess I feel like I am showing more chub that baby.

25. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

@CarrieLouWho: cutest idea with that cake.

26. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

@ehh5000: yay Labor Day baby??

Have you felt any certain baby moves yet, I had some maybe's.

27. GirlSept2

pea / 11 posts

Going to try prenatal yoga for the first time this evening excited!

28. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@GirlSept2: Forgot to say welcome! I have felt some "maybe" movements. But they could also just be in my head because it is still early - not sure!

29. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: ...........well?????? or ???

30. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

I'm still in shock... DD called it, DH & I were wrong!

31. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@hellobeeboston: it's a !!!

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@CarrieLouWho: congrats on your little boy! I was shocked when I found out I'm having a girl this time too. it's so funny how intuition can have you convinced. You're going to love having a little boy!

33. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Woohoo!! Yay!! That's great and yeah you are going to love having a boy!

34. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Congratulations!!! Very cute photo Did you have a group of people around when you cut the cake? Any fun reactions, or were you too stunned yourself to notice anyone else?

@mrscobee: I have been taking bump pics! I take them every other week. I think it is interesting to see how my body changes. Maybe at some point we will have to start a bump pic board - I love seeing everyone's bumps on other due date boards.

@GirlSept2: I'm due on 9/3 - I haven't felt any movements yet. Maybe soon

I had an appointment this morning and everything seems to be going well. First tri screening was normal, baby's heartbeat was at 155. And...I just scheduled my anatomy scan for 4/3. I'll have a surprise to share with my family on Easter! We live far away from our family but I'm scheming to come up with a way to do a gender reveal with our family anyway.

35. Somebunny

cherry / 231 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Congrats on a boy! Yay!

@GirlSept2: I've also had some "maybe" movements. Though I've pretty much convinced myself its all in my head because I feel like its too early!

I've scheduled an ultrasound to find out the gender on 3/27. Two more weeks, so EXCITED!!!! I feel like its a boy because this pregnancy has been so different than my pregnancy with DD, but last night I had a dream that it was girl. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! Can't wait to find out!

36. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

September 2015 Mamas
    September 2: jenm (#1)
    September 3: ehh5000 (#1), GirlSept2 (#1)
    September 4: mrscobee (#1)
    September 8: mrsrugbee (#2)
    September 10: SunnyFarmMama (#2), chanzi (#2)
    September 11: babynumber1 (#2)
    September 12: busylizzy111 (#1)
    September 14: CarrieLouWho (#2) , elljay (#1), FreckledFox (#1)
    September 15: Runnergirl (#1), Sugar.Biscuit (#3)
    September 16: Kiwibee (#1)
    September 17: Ocean girl (#2), Mrs. Oatmeal (#2), Seanettle (#2)
    September 19: yessirio (#3)
    September 20: diedraechin (#1)
    September 21: hellobeeboston (#2) , Somebunny (#2)
    September 24: 2PeasinaPod (#2), skiles (#2)
    September 25: SproutBee (#2)
    September 29: plantains (#2)
    September 30: kgbee (#2), ChelseaRose (#2)

37. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@CarrieLouWho: so fun! I think I'm going to bake gender reveal cupcakes for our family after our ultrasound.
    13 weeks, feeling a bit of movement, and hopefully getting some energy back. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat at my midwives appointment on Wednesday! And hopefully I'll book an anatomy scan for next month.

38. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@mrscobee: Thank you for keeping the list!

39. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@GirlSept2: Welcome and congrats!

@CarrieLouWho: Yay!! So exciting and I love your cute pic! Both DH and I are convinced we're having a boy, so we'll see if we get the opposite as well.

I'm excited for everyone who's finding out genders and feeling movement - looking forward to both of those in the coming weeks. We had our NT scan on Saturday and I'm 14 weeks as of today, so things are chugging along!

40. ehh5000

olive / 61 posts

@elljay: You must have enjoyed getting to see your little one on the ultrasound! I hope that they NT scan went well.

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Awesome that you are already feeling your baby move! I am 15.5 weeks and I haven't felt anything yet. Good luck at your appointment on Wednesday!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee