Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2015 Moms!

1. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@cfmartin: I don't have a positive induction story, but see above about me and my BFF! I had no progression...was totally closed and 0% effaced on Monday and went into natural labor on Tuesday night of that week at 10:30pm. I was 39+5. I progressed to 9 on my own, needed pitocin for the last cm, pushed for 2 hours and ended up with an emergency c-section only b/c he got stuck on my pelvis and I developed a fever from the medication.

But...moral of the story is that you can walk around 3cm for weeks and not progress, or you can go from nothing to birth in a matter of a day. It all depends on your body...

2. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@cfmartin: a lot can change in just a day or two! Try not to get too discouraged!! Oh yeah, just saw what @2PeasinaPod: said. It's true. Do you have a yoga ball? Try sitting/bouncing with your hips wide to help get baby to move down, walk a lot too if you can.

3. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Are you doing a RCS? LO #1 was stuck on my pelvic bone also.

4. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@babynumber1: I am. I discussed a VBAC with MFM, but they indicated that because LO was only 6lbs, 13 oz even with me having GD, the likelyhood of me having a successful VBAC was in the 10%-20% range. LO's birth was a little traumatic for me in that he needed resuscitation due to meconium in his lungs and had to spend 2 days in the NICU due to my fever developing. I just want to avoid all of that this time around. I'm also having my tubal ligation done at the same time. With 6 pregnancies and only 2 live LOs after this birth, I'm done!

5. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@2PeasinaPod: We went over the odds and came to the same conclusion. I am having a tubal at the same time also. I am done, done, done with having babies!

@ChelseaRose: Yes! My 3 y/o is all about Mommy. But she knows that she will be staying with Nana while Mommy is in the hospital.

@cfmartin: So much can change so fast! Our babies will be here before we know it!

6. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@cfmartin: I have a relatively positive induction to share. I felt kind of like you when I went in to the hospital to get induced after my water broke +24 hrs of trying to go into labour on my own. In the end, I had 5hrs of active labour on pitocin, no epi and an uncomplicated vaginal birth. It was brutal but it worked out in the end.

If you want more details, you can read my birth story. It's a little graphic though so do it at your own risk. http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/baby-rugbees-shitty-birth-story-no-epi-success/

7. SproutBee

cherry / 157 posts

@cfmartin: sorry, I've been absent from this board (baby boy #2 due 9/25) but I just wanted to say to not get discouraged yet! With my first, I went into labor at 40-6/7 and delivered right at 41 weeks. Little guy was only 6lb 15oz, so while that last week of pregnancy was draining, I look back and think he just needed more time to cook! I needed zero induction meds. Only an epidural. Not every baby is born by their due date; it's totally normal. Don't get discouraged yet!

8. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@2PeasinaPod: @babynumber1: As much as I'd love a successful vbac, as it gets closer to my due date (I'm only 36 weeks today) I keep seeing a RCS in my future. I'll definitely discuss it further with my OB. I'd love the recovery period for a vbac, but I'm worried about the complications from a failed vbac and that would be worse than just a scheduled section. My birth was horribly traumatic and I feel like I missed out on a lot of the initial bonding due to the circumstances and due to being on magnesium for 24 hours after delivery.

9. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: yes, yes, yes to this! Because LO was whisked away to the NICU so quickly, I didn't see him for hours after birth. DH went to be with him, and I felt so alone and scared. The hospital I was in just opened their NICU a few months earlier, and it was small, so they had to wheel my entire bed into the NICU in order for me to see LO. They were then anxious to get me back to my room, so I didn't see him until the next morning after the nurses finally got me out of bed. I felt like I missed out on so much initial bonding time, and I don't want that this time around.

10. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@cfmartin: I'm worried about having to induce as well. But I feel like there are as many good stories as bad, so it's kind of hit or miss! Fingers crossed things start on their own this weekend!

@ChelseaRose: Yes, DD is almost 3 and is all over me at times. And my patience is nill, which makes me feel terrible. Sigh...

11. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I'm also struggling with patience these days. I end up using a stern/louder voice and then he asks me why I said something that way. It breaks my heart sometimes.

12. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@ChelseaRose: It's the worst. And my hubby is catching it too... granted my patience isn't always top notch, but it's better than this usually. Poor family!

13. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Anyone having trouble sleeping? Holy cow...my sleep went to hell in a hand basket since we got back from vacation. I have horrible heartburn all night, so I try to sleep sitting up. I have a Jawbone UP band that tracks my sleep, and I woke up 7 (!) times last night with a total awake time during the night of over 2 hours. I'm so exhausted, I don't know what to do with myself!

14. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Yes!! Ugh, sleep has been the worst part of my third tri by far. My doctor told me I could take a Zantac every night - before that, I was waking up every night with terrible heartburn. Now it's really just my belly that's keeping me up. I tend to flop around a lot in my sleep, but now that I can't move as easily, I wake up every time my body wants to move to a different position. I also had to move into our guest room because I would get so hot sleeping next to DH. Hope it gets better for you!

15. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@2PeasinaPod: I feel like I'm sleeping OK all things considering (pee twice a night, which isn't terrible) but DH says I've been tossing a lot and having sleep conversations with him. "Did you get the letters?" And going on and on... So weird.

16. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@elljay: Yes! The burning up is what gets me up as well. DH tells me I'm like a furnace at night and I wake up feeling like I'm going to spontaneously combust!

@mrsrugbee: I don't mean to laugh, but that's funny! Did you get the letters??

17. mrsrugbee

apricot / 347 posts

@2PeasinaPod: apparently he started messing with me and asked "you mean the letters? I only got A, B & C!" I somehow agreed and kept babbling. My subconscious is on overdrive.

18. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@CarrieLouWho: @ChelseaRose: yep. ZERO patience!! I certainly hope it comes back when I have a newborn and toddler to deal with!

@2PeasinaPod: oh yeah. The bags under my eyes are getting impressive. I see it as good prep.

19. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I get you on the whole patience thing. Bedtime is a HUGE production, and I find myself getting really impatient. I feel bad about it, but K has been a daddy's girl lately anyhow, so he usually takes over before I get too frustrated.
    @2PeasinaPod: Sleep sucks here too. For me, I'm having awful hip and back pain, so turning over is majorly painful. I'm also waking up around 1:30 and staying awake until 3 or so, just wide awake! Good practice for baby I suppose.

20. busylizzy111

cherry / 144 posts

I also have problems sleeping- like now, it is 4am here and I got up around 3am. Sigh.

21. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

Well, DD's daycare was closed yesterday and today so she went to spend the night with the grandparents and it's been the best little vacation the last 2 nights! It was just what I needed before a long weekend.

Anyone else starting to Google ways to induce labor? I'm really hoping this baby shows up by next week? Is it bad that I'm dreading that he'll show up on 9/11?

22. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@CarrieLouWho: Yes to zero patience here too. LO has a huge daddy preference right now (which is a good thing), but when he's with me, he isn't always a happy camper. Not googling how to induce labor just yet only because I'm due later. But I'm ready!

@mrsrugbee: I love this!

@hellobeeboston: That's what DH said about the sleep. I'm hoping that once baby gets here, at least he won't be sucking the life out of me from the inside! It will be a different kind of sleep deprived!

@Mrs. Oatmeal: & @busylizzy111: These are my terrible hours too! I'll get up at 1:30am or 2am and can be awake for 2 hours!

I'm really waiting for some of you early September mamas to post in the labor board! Can't wait to hear who our first September baby will be!

23. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@CarrieLouWho: I was just telling my husband last night that I don't want our little guy to be born on 9/11, but that I know the date won't mean as much to him 14 years later.

24. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

Ugh. Yesterday I got a comment from a coworker that I really didn't appreciate. Something about how she wishes that she had four months off of work just for having a baby. I was not pleased and did not answer very politely, but said something about her obviously never having to be the full time caregiver for an infant and a toddler because I was certainly not taking a 4 month vacation from work.

25. cfmartin

pea / 12 posts

@carrielouwho @sproutbee @babynumber1 @2peasinapod @hellobeeboston and @mrsrugbee

Thanks for your encouragement and stories! Tomorrow is my due date and while I don't expect him here then, I am remaining positive. I have a nice long weekend to relax from work and I think that will help my mental/emotional well-being.

We tentatively scheduled an induction for late next week. I am having an exam on Tuesday morning to see if there is any progression. Depending on how it looks, we may postpone the induction until the next week.

I'm so torn on this because I do not want an induction. But these last few weeks have been hard on me. I'm a lawyer and work wise has been a lot & I know mentally I've been too exhausted and stressed. I've heard/read so many positive and negative induction stories. I know it could really go 1000 different directions. Here's to hoping he comes before it's even necessary.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and labor day!

26. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

@ChelseaRose: I would not have responded kindly to someone saying that to me either. Good for you for standing up for yourself. People just need to stop talking to pregnant women in their 9th month!

@cfmartin: It sounds as if work has been stressing you out. Take it one day at a time for sure. I know it's super hard to stay patient, but if it means having the birth you're looking for, then try to hold out on the induction as long as you're feeling ok. I have 2.5 weeks until my scheduled C-section and I'm getting antsy!

27. Mrs. Oatmeal

I'm officially on maternity leave! So excited!
    Since I'm so uncomfortable, the midwives gave me a bunch of 'induction' techniques to try. They won't work unless my body is already ready, but we're planning to try to get baby to come soon! If he doesn't come this weekend (it's still early), I'll take a break from 'trying' and just let things go. We're a little antsy because DH's work really picks up after Sept 13. But, as we all know....babies come when they're ready. Let's hope this little guy is ready soon!

28. babynumber1

persimmon / 1396 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: lucky you! I have been having crazy contractions and passed my mucus plug/bloody show today. I was already dilated to 2 yesterday. I really don't want to go through another week of crazy contractions until my scheduled c section. I'm hoping this thing happens over Labor Day weekend!

29. Mrs. Oatmeal

@babynumber1: exciting!!! I hope it happens soon for you! I'm having nothing at all!

30. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: Congrats on your leave! Hope baby comes soon for you!

31. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@babynumber1: If you go into real labor, will they just do the section earlier?

32. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I'm totally jealous!!! Hooray for no more work! Want to share some of those techniques?

@babynumber1: I hope it's this weekend too!

I've been having contractions on and off every night, but never consistent.

33. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

A friend of mine is due 9/20 (10 days before me) and her water just broke. I'm super jealous. Not that I want my water to break today at 36.2, but in ten days from now I'd be super happy. What's funny is that her first LO and my LO were born only two days apart and we ended up being due just over a week apart this time.

34. Mrs. Oatmeal

@CarrieLouWho: I just wrote a whole blog post about it (not up yet) - but they're what you'd expect. Evening primrose oil, clary sage oil massage, red raspberry leaf tea, walking, sex, that sort of thing!
    @ChelseaRose: I get the jealously thing! I have a friend due 9/15 and I'm anxiously waiting (our daughters are 2 weeks apart, and these due dates are 2 days apart!)

35. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: did you do a FB page? Didn't see anything. Also not sure if anyone of you guys friended me on Insta, I have a few new requests and don't know who they are, let me know if it's you!

36. Mrs. Oatmeal

@hellobeeboston: I did!! Did I forget to add you? So sorry if I did- I'll look!

ETA: figured it out. I tried to add you as a friend but it wouldn't let me. I sent you a FB message to add me- once we're friends you can join the group'

37. ChelseaRose

persimmon / 1161 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: How do I get added again?

38. Mrs. Oatmeal

@ChelseaRose: either email or Wall message me your Facebook name. Email is bakingandbabiesblog@gmail.com

39. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Mrs. Oatmeal: I think I had it locked up so tight you can't reach me. No msg came through, I adjusted my settings to allow. Should work?

40. Mrs. Oatmeal

@hellobeeboston: yep! I was able to add you!

My midwife just called. She had a consult with an OB and they're really concerned about what my low iron is going to mean for delivery. So I'm headed into the hospital now for a consult- might do an IV iron infusion today. So nervous- I hate IVs!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee