Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Ms.Pineapple

pea / 18 posts

@Banana330: hi!

Yup. I found out after doing the 1 hour glucose test. I did the glucose test early because my ob/gyn said I had some high numbers from a standard blood test 😢.

2. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Bibliolove: @Banana330: yay for great appointments!!

3. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Hi due date twin! Thanks for the welcome - so glad to be here!!

@annem1990: I gave in and started with maternity pants last week. I was so uncomfortable with the bloating and all that I figured the comfort was soooo worth it!!

4. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

5. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Sorry, double posted! Still getting the hang of this!!

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Ms.Pineapple: Wow, I've never heard of anyone being diagnosed so early. But i've heard it's a bit of a blessing in disguise for keeping weight gain down.

7. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mademoiselle3: good luck at your appointment today

@Ms.Pineapple: welcome! sorry to hear about the GD

Girls, for the first time in MONTHS I slept through the night. Feeling amazing this morning with no nausea and finally rested. Only one of my bosses is in today, got three inspections happening at our house today (my town in insane for use and occupancy permits), and we lost a bid on our dream house. The sun is shining and things are gorgeous.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: sounds like things are great today (minus the lost bid on the house)!

9. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@StrawberryBee: ok that is amazing. Share your secrets! haha.

I spoke too soon with the nausea - whoa buddy is it back with a vengeance!

On a happy note, we heard the heartbeat today - 170bpm. Hooray!

Happy Friday everyone!

10. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: Thanks!

@Mademoiselle3: Diclegis ;). Even though I've been taking it for a while so realistically it's not a major factor for why I feel so good today. I'm just so giddy because I don't feel physically miserable. Found out that our chimney is going to cost us $2400 to fix so we can sell the house per township permit rules. Glad to hear that you heard the heartbeat!

11. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I think we are going to tell our kids and the grandparents this weekend. I am super nervous but ready to get it off my chest! I'm probably going to tell my boss Monday. I've practically been wearing blankets for a month to work to hide my huge bump. The exhaustion is absolutely killing me! I slept yesterday from 3-4 and then again from 845-5am. It's killing me because it's mainly a time sucker--DH has been a huge help in handling the kids when I can't and getting chores done around the house.

12. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Good feeling over, our 3.5yo just threw up twice. Of course in between a full sheet change and shower. Gonna be a long weekend. 😖

13. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mademoiselle3: I'm also on diclegis and it is helping me a lot. It took a few days to fully kick in though. And the standard dose (2 pills before bed) does not give me all day coverage... I start feeling pretty crappy around 2 or 3pm every day but I don't want to take more (you can take up to 4) because it does make me (even more) tired.

So glad everyone seems to be doing well!

I survived my work trip this week, hallelujah! Not going to lie though, it was really freaking hard and exhausting. Hoping I don't have to do that again!

We're telling the last of our family this weekend. We're pretty much public at this point, although we'll still wait a while to do any sort of Facebook announcement. I suck at keeping secrets so glad to be done with it. I'm only 9 weeks still but I personally hate the 12 week rule so whatevs.

Next appointment for me is March 13. We opted out of any sort of genetic screening so just a normal doc appt for me.

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: How was telling everyone? Good to hear the work trip went well.

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

How's everyone doing today?

I'm starting to wonder if i'm feeling a bit of flutters. It only happens when I'm wearing tight pants and they are pressing where the baby is but I feel these weird sensations.

Meds are working fairly well now, i'm still nauseous but it's much more manageable. We got our stove hooked up yesterday which means we can cook real food again. 8 weeks of microwave and hotplate cooking was getting really old. We still have a few more weeks until we get the counters in but it's getting closer.

i'm still essentially on bed rest for my foot, which is difficult but i'm hoping i'll get the all clear next week.

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

September Mamas
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1), Mamag511 (#2)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    February 24 - mademoiselle3
    March 3 - YouGotMe (NT scan)
    March 6 - YouGotMe
    March 7 - StrawberryBee (NT scan), Banana330
    March 8 - annem1990, boopers
    March 11 - mademoiselle3 (NT scan)
    March 13 - Mamag511, Mae
    March 14 - Mamag511 (NT scan)

17. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Banana330: I hope your kitchen is finished soon. I'm sure that's such a pain!
    I've been feeling a lot better. Nausea and food aversions seemed to subside this week.

I had my first round-ligament pain last night. I was FaceTiming with my husband when I sat up quickly. Wow that hurt!! I don't wish it upon anyone.

I swear I've felt "flutters" a few times this weekend, but who knows. It didn't feel like gas , but I guess this being my first time I'm not sure what to feel for.

18. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

This weekend exhaustion hit me. I was fine previously, not super tired or anything. But I felt like I napped all weekend, which I don't like...I like feeling productive and busy.

Doing well though! 25% of the way through! Crazy thought.

Any nursery plans? I am having fun looking up stuff for that, plus general baby stuff. I'm sure I will have questions for this board on what to buy!!

19. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

My feelings and symptoms are just all over the place, so I'm not sure what to think. I'm back in regular pants (???). I was super b*tchy yesterday which happened when I had a previous missed miscarriage (I guess as the hormones changed and I was approaching PMS status?). Then I threw up last night. So I'm just going to be super anxious until next Tuesday's appointment. I'm kind of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best and I think with my prior experience, any time I get too far ahead of an ultrasound I'm going to worry and wonder. I'm distracting myself with all the house buying and selling crap ;).

@Bibliolove: I'm sure I'll tailor it more once I know gender, but I'd like to do a nursery theme around stars/constellations/celestial bodies. I have some things saved to pinterest, including this which was my inspiration piece (not sure if I'd be willing to spend the money on it, though): http://www.hapticlab.com/products/constellationquilt

20. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: my little bump deflates sometimes too, as does my bitchy status. I am debating a fetal Doppler monitor, though it could cause more worry than reassurance if it can't pick up a heartbeat due to it being so early or user error. Good luck at your appt!

Nice quilt!

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@annem1990: RLP is the worst. It always happens at strange times.

@StrawberryBee: I tend to get nervous right before scans too. So much what if.

@Bibliolove: I'm borrowing a doppler from a friend soon. But my midwife doesn't like to even look for a heartbeat with one until 13 weeks, it makes mothers too upset if you can't find it. I didn't start the nursery last time until after our anatomy scan. I thought I would do something totally gender neutral but I ended up doing mint with pink and grey accents. This time I probably won't do one as we'll keep the baby in our room for the first few months, and then see if DD is ready for a big girl bed... I'm hoping we won't have to buy a second crib.

22. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: I am thinking of gender neutral and using pale yellow as the color of choice. Yea that's helpful to know... I keep going back and forth on the Doppler. Just not sure I told myself I wouldn't engage in stressful or anxious thoughts this pregnancy (if I can help it), so it might not be good for me to get a doppler.

23. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Feeling ok here. The nausea seems to be getting worse, but I'm hoping it's because it's Monday and going back to work after it being the weekend. I find myself having a lot of trouble sleeping as well. Like I can fall asleep, but once I wake up in the middle of the night I can't go back down. Anyone else feeling this?

@StrawberryBee: I always feel this way between appointments too. I'm seriously counting down the days until mine as well. No advice - just know you aren't alone!

@Bibliolove: No nursery plans yet. We'll go gender neutral since we'll go team green...but still trying to decide if dd will be ready for a big girl bed beforehand. That'll factor into what we decorate or do!

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: thanks! I did get a fetal Doppler, but it only once blipped to 170/180 bpm out of three separate attempts (and it didn't sound completely convincing), so I'm just putting it away as crazy inducing lol.

@Mamag511: yes, all the time! Yesterday I passed out at 7:30, woke up at 11:30, and didn't get back to sleep until 3 or 4.

25. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I got called about my NIPT results but they need to do a redraw. The sample wasn't big enough. Ughhhh.

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: what a pain!

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@YouGotMe: ugh what a disappointment!

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So I went in to work today (I'm working from home for two weeks cause of my foot) and projectile vomited in bathroom. Then did it again when I got home. I haven't puked this much yet. I was really hoping the sickness was going to end earlier this pregnancy

29. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: I'm so sorry, that is awful

Chugging along over here. I don't have another appointment until March 13 and I'm getting anxious for it! I've had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday and today, but my doctor said not to worry about it unless it turns into legit bleeding or I have any pain. I know lots of women spot, but I didn't with my daughter so now I"m just like omggggggg appointment get here now please Just a normal checkup for me though. We opted out of genetic testing.

No thoughts on nursery here yet. I don't think we're thinking about any of the fun stuff until after we know the sex of the kiddo. Although I'll likely just paint the room grey because that's my favorite neutral and I don't know if I'll want to do a real color.

Also no doppler here. I'm a bit of a worrier and I think it would stress me the f out to have that option all the time haha.

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: yikes that's stressful. Spotting would freak me out. Hopefully it subsides and your appointment comes soon!

31. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Anyone else check themselves out daily in the mirror? I like to see how my tiny bump looks from the side, you can only really see something with clothes off. My husband disagrees, he doesn't see anything he says, but I know it's there. Mainly I'm just fascinated with my body's changes.

Some cramping this week, more like twinges that are random. I'm thinking maybe my uterus is doing some more expanding.....I still hate it though, I worry. But it's normal I'm sure.

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: I'm sorry you're still feeling so miserable

@Mae: I had a tiny bit of spotting last week (and...tmi...I've had a ton of CM). It wasn't bright red at all. I think I'm in a 'whatever' stage. Whatever will happen will happen, so I'm over trying to figure out what's going on! I'll at least know next Tuesday what the current status is.

@Bibliolove: if it makes you feel any better, I've also been having twinges. I also chalked it up to uterus growing.

So last night was fun. All this no sleeping has caught up with me; I developed a migraine yesterday evening, which got a ton worse because I woke up at midnight and (again) didn't get nearly enough sleep. With the migraine + pregnancy hormones my body couldn't even keep water down. I eventually managed to pass back out a few hours later, but had to come in late to work because the migraine was still raging and I couldn't get out of bed or concentrate on anything when my alarm went off. Luckily work is super understanding. The migraine has since subsided, so I'm feeling a lot more human and functional. Looking forward to the second tri

33. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: nope, I generally avoid the mirror cause if just feel bloated and fat.

@StrawberryBee: I feel you, I had a terrible sinus headache yesterday (it's raining today). I'm so ready to feel human again. I think I kinda blocked out how terrible I feel during pregnancy.

34. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

I've been completely off the radar for the last couple of weeks... my life just seems to be one disaster after another lately, although everything seems fine with the baby (I hope!). Glad to see most of you are doing well (minus some morning sickness hanging round!)

I have my NT scan tomorrow and am quite anxious... I'm almost expecting some kind of bad news... does anyone else have a hard time thinking positive about these things?

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I felt the same before my NT scan. So so nervous and worried there would be no heartbeat. Life around here has been pretty awful too... i'm hoping spring brings new life to this house. Good luck tomorrow!

36. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@lulu22: I get anxious as well, but we aren't doing genetic testing so I won't see baby again until the gender scan. Good luck with your appt!

With my thyroid condition, my OB wants a few extra scans later in the pregnancy. That was interesting news to me, since it's well-controlled.

37. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@lulu22: good luck tomorrow! I am always anxious and excited for appointments. I think I held my breath until I saw/heard the heartbeat at every appointment until I was feeling constant motion last time.

I'm feeling sort of generally anxious this week since the spotting. It's weird because with my daughter I remember being CONSTANTLY worried about miscarriage pretty much up until my anatomy scan. With this pregnancy I've really not stressed about it at all. I've just felt like everything was going to be fine. But now with the spotting I'm just nervous (it's still exceedingly minimal). And especially because I did tell everyone after I had my u/s at 8 weeks... ugh. Fingers crossed everything ends up okay with this kiddo

38. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@lulu22: Good luck today! Thinking of you - I always feel so much anxiety before each appointment, so you definitely aren't alone!

As for me, spending the day at home with dd after she threw up on the way to daycare. Really hoping it's just a one time thing and not a stomach bug again. We had it a few months ago and it was so not fun.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Good luck at your NT scan today!

40. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lulu22: good luck today!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee