Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

I don't have actual smears/spotting, but I have noticed a coffee grind type material in the toliet after using it. This has been on and off since I found out I was pregnant. I didn't even think to mention it to my doctor at my last appointment because I thought it wasn't anything, but now it's every other day/every day. Just like one granule a day (so far).

Has anyone had this? I tried to do a board search but nothing came up for it. I'm not overly worried, no pain or terrible cramping, I'm drinking lots of water now. But I'm still a little worried.

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: I haven't but I wouldn't be too worried about that (but would probably mention it at the next appt).

Not great news here today. I'm having some bleeding. Not a ton so far, but more period-type than spotting. I'm going to call in the morning to go get an ultrasound. I'm pretty worried I'm miscarrying. It doesn't feel doomed to me... but I"m feeling like odds are 50/50 at this point which is not a great place to be

3. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: Thanks, I will for sure. I hope you get in to your doctor quickly tomorrow and the news is good for you! Hopefully no cramping? Good luck!

4. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: No cramping, luckily. And I actually hadn't spotted at all today before tonight. But I have felt extra shitty today (so fucking tired + actual throwing up after work tonight, which I don't usually do). I don't know if it is related or not.

5. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: ugh that sounds crappy and awful. Pregnancy is so rough. Rest up tonight and keep drinking water!

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: sorry, no experience with anything like that . Hope it's nothing!

@Mae: no cramping is a positive. If you were planning on working, maybe take the day off and rest up? Sounds like you need it. Hope it subsides soon!

7. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. The scan was FINE a whole lot of worry over nothing. Everything looked normal. I told myself I would be way less stressed and worried this pregnancy, because I've done it all before and it was fine so it will be fine again, right? Ugh... so far not much luck with that.

@Mae: oh, I hope everything is okay and you are feeling a bit better! let us know how the ultrasound goes today.

8. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Bibliolove: that is really interesting about your thyroid condition and extra scans! I also have a thyroid condition and take levothyroxine and in neither this pregnancy or my last did they say they wanted extra scans because of it. I just have to keep getting blood tests and altering my dosage. I would take the extra scans though, if they are offering!

9. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mamag511: was your DD okay? stomach bugs are my worst nightmare as a mother!

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: I've never seen anything like that. But it doesn't sound super concerning. maybe ask your doc about it.

@Mae: Have you done anything strenuous lately? Sex? Hopefully your appointment today gives you some good answers! I agree with resting up.

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Great news on a good scan!

12. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: I'm sorry you're having a rough time too! It's almost comical how life just throws so much at you all at once. The other day I said to my DH "why is life sh!tt!ng on us so much right now?"... and a few days later, a sewage drain burst and we had sewage raining down on our backyard. Literally. It was like the universe heard me and replied with "oh is that what you want? here have it". ugggh!! Hopefully if we get all our bad luck out of the way now, it will be smooth sailing for the rest of the pregnancy and once bubbas arrive! That's what I'm telling myself anyway....

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: HA! that made me laugh out loud! I know, this week was a tragic comedy and both DH and I were like it really can't get worse! but sewage would have been worse! I can only imagine how much I would have been puking if there was sewage in my backyard... i can barely change DD diaper without gagging.

14. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@lulu22: So glad your scan went well! My DD seemed to be ok! Back to her normal self right after so fingers crossed it was just motion sickness! Thanks for asking!

@Mae: Thinking of you and hoping everything is ok and you are doing better today!

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Everything is fine! They didn't see any reason for bleeding so they think maybe I'd developed s blood pocket that burst or something. Kiddo is great though. Measuring 2 days ahead still and 173 hb. Told me to take it easy for a couple weeks but should all be fine ❤❤❤

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: Yay! that's a relief!

17. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: great news!!

18. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: yay!! That's great news!!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: you won't believe it but I threw my back out this morning! Just when I thought it couldn't get worse! I think wearing the boot is throwing my back off when I do walk around.

20. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: glad everything is okay!

I have been SUPER DRAINED lately. By dinner, it is hard for me to even consider feeding the other tiny humans running around. DH has been super but it's definitely hard. And I'm disappointed because I meal prepped a ton of food on Sunday but couldn't hardly eat any of it this week so it was a huge waste of time and money.

Does anyone get the results of their bloodwork? My lab sends them to my email (I kind of wish they didn't!) and I had several results that were "out of range." Curious what my doc will say, if anything.

21. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: Do you mean the blood work they do at like 6 weeks? I had mine done and it was also delivered electronically. I did notice some things were slightly out of normal range but I just assumed that my doc would call if there was an actual problem. Results have been in for a month, and i've seen the doc once in that time, and he didn't say anything so I assume its fine.

22. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: oh noooooo! I hope it has resolved quickly! My DH has gone overseas for work so I'm all on my own with the toddler this week. So NOTHING MORE can go wrong or I will probably have a nervous breakdown.

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I can't even imagine.. hopefully the week goes quickly for you!

@matador84: I looked at mine but they all seemed in range. Usually unless urgent they always speak to me about them at my next appointment.

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

September Mamas
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1), Mamag511 (#2)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    March 6 - YouGotMe
    March 7 - StrawberryBee (NT scan), Banana330
    March 8 - annem1990, boopers
    March 11 - mademoiselle3 (NT scan)
    March 13 - Mamag511, Mae
    March 14 - Mamag511 (NT scan)

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@YouGotMe: Good luck today!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lulu22: @Mae: Yay for great scans!

@YouGotMe: hope you have a good appointment today!

@matador84: I only just did my bloodwork on Friday (I know, bad me, but a lot was done back in September, and I just put it off because there's so much else on my mind right now). I did both the normal bloodwork and the NIPT, because hey, I was there.

@lulu22: I hope this week is very uneventful for you!

27. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: yes, the regular blood work they do and a UA, which I do at every visit anyway.@Banana330: all my blood work with my other two was always fine! I guess that's why I'm alarmed.

It said my WBC and luekocytes were high and I had trace amounts of glucose in my urine.

I have an appt on the 20th so we will see if it even is brought up.

28. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@matador84: I haven't had any bloodwork done yet. I'm not sure when my ob will do it, I think in the second tri though. I did get my thyroid checked, but that was directed by me since I had been extra tired and wanted to make sure my med dosage was OK.

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: Maybe you were fighting a something when you got it done? Bring it up at the next appointment for sure if they don't.

30. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: haven't been sick at all! I am extra, extra tired, moreso than my past two pregnancies. Which could be that I have two little around now or just that--I'm just tired!

31. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Banana330

Thanks!

Everything went really well. My OB high fived me for a good ultrasound. I did my NT scan on Friday and everything looked great. We are still waiting on my NIPT results.

Next appointment is April 3rd and then I'll have an ultrasound sometime after that.

32. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@YouGotMe: thats great!

How did everyone decide to do/not do genetic testing? My OB brushed past this when I asked her about it, it didn't seem like she recommended it. Yet I see many people here getting the NT scan? On your care providers recommendation? I'm still fairly comfortable with my decision to not do genetic testing, but I wonder now since it seems like it is so routine with others.

33. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Bibliolove: I decided to do genetic testing because I like to know what to expect. This time I am doing a NT scan and NIPT blood test. The blood test is not the standard here and it's not always covered under the health care.

ETA: my doctor recommends it to everyone because the standard genetic tests are non invasive and he likes to prepare his patients for everything.

34. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

Wow how did I just see this due date board?!

EDD: Sept 27

First child? 3rd

Any symptoms? Fatigue

Who have you told? My parents, DH's parents, two close friends

Current thoughts/feelings/fears? Excited but nervous. I'm more nervous about this one than my first two!

35. sugarbee

olive / 51 posts

I decided to do the Mt scam because it's not invasive at all and I like to be prepared of anything were to be abnornal and if I'm being completely honest I like that I get another ultrasound.

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: awesome news!

@Bibliolove: nt scan is fairly routine at my ob. Nipt is pretty much only suggested if you're advanced maternal age. I'm the sort of person who thrives on information, so the sooner I can know things the better, as far as I'm concerned!

@dolphin: welcome!!

37. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@YouGotMe: Yay! Glad to hear all was well!

@dolphin: Welcome!!

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1), Mamag511 (#2)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2), Dolphin (#3)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    March 7 - StrawberryBee (NT scan), Banana330
    March 8 - annem1990, boopers
    March 11 - mademoiselle3 (NT scan)
    March 13 - Mamag511, Mae
    March 14 - Mamag511 (NT scan)
    April 2 - YouGotMe

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dolphin: welcome!

@Bibliolove: I'm not considered AMA but I'm getting close so NT scan was important to me. Plus since it's not invasive and covered by our health care system it's a no brainier for me. We did it last time too. I do like having the scan at 12 weeks to make sure everything is still ok too.

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: So there are a few kinds of genetic testing. There's the NT scan, a quad blood screening that they often do associated with the NT scan, and the NIPT blood test. I would have loved to do the NIPT blood test because it gives you pretty certain answers about chromosomal abnormalities and it tells you gender early (woo!)-- but my insurance won't cover it and it would be $800 for me to pay for myself.

Last pregnancy I opted out of the NT scan and quad screening for a couple reasons. Those tests don't give you results, they give you odds. So it might say-- you have a 1 in 5 chance of having a baby with downs. (Or a 1 in 30, rather than a 1 in 3000 or whatever the normal odds are). Then based on those odds you have to decide if you want to go forward and do additional testing (I think an amnio is the most common follow-up, which comes with a 1% chance of miscarriage). I'm sort of an anxious person about medical stuff and my husband and I both felt that getting odds would not be good for me. If I found out I had increased odds of x, even if it was 1 in 30-- I'd be super stressed about it. If I don't get the test, I just assume everything is fine and don't stress. This is particularly true because we (while being super politically pro-choice) would not opt to terminate for fetal medical issues. So we don't feel we're losing anything by waiting until the anatomy scan (which we feel would show anything major we'd need to be ready for in the delivery room). This time around, my doctor doesn't even offer the NT scan because he doesn't feel it is a great predictor of anything. He does offer the quad screening, but we declined for the same reason.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee