Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: If I poke at my belly while lying down, I can definitely tell where the bump is :). I'm also trying to figure out if I can feel motion...I know he/she is super active (based on our ultrasounds), and there have been some weird sensations recently that /could/ be it.

@Bibliolove: true!

@Boopers: I'm sorry you had a rough night, but glad that you had a great scan! Hopefully we'll be out of the first tri nausea soon. I'm feeling it so much more with this one than my DD.

@annem1990: Congrats for a good scan!

@matador84: my bump is nothing like yours! My fat top roll still overwhelms it XD

For those of you who are pregnant with 2nd+ kiddo, at what point are you planning to tell your LO(s)?

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: We've told DD but she's not quite 2 and doesn't really get it. If I say I have a baby in my belly she lifts her shirt and says baby in her belly.

3. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: same as @Banana330: our LOs are the same age, but my son doesn't get it yet.

@Banana330: I also have a regular checkup with my ob on April 3, do you mind adding it to the list?

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: That's so cute!

@Boopers: I think that at 3 and a half, DD will understand (and blab it to everyone, lol!). I'm debating telling her in a few days once we know gender, so I can say "Your baby sister/brother is in there!" rather than her getting some weird idea in her head of what the baby "ought" to be based on Daniel Tiger's little sister lol. But I'm unsure if even that's still too soon (13 weeks).

I am so, so tired this morning. Diclegis kicks my butt. I only take one pill at night and I feel exhausted all day. Two and I'm basically drugged and non functional.

In three weeks hopefully our house closes. Still haven't found a house to move in to. I think I finally convinced DH to use movers for everything (he originally was planning on moving all our personal items into storage himself and just leaving the furniture for the movers, but cost wise that doesn't really save much).

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh ya at 3.5 she'll tell everyone Waiting until you know the sex would be easier.

Ahh.. 3 weeks is soon. Good luck with the packing and move. Do you have an interim plan for where you're going to stay?

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: Yes, we're going to stay with my mom in her apartment. It's a fairly large apartment and is a two bedroom with den (when my sister lived "at home"), but it's still adding two adults, a toddler, a dog and a cat to the mix. It's, uhm, going to be interesting!

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: Sounds fun Good luck!

8. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@Banana330: we are team green! I'm super pumped about it!

I don't have a bump yet, so there isn't much to share there. I think I'm going to tell work on Monday. We plan on going public (aka facebook) on thursday. We have our NT scan on Saturday so if all is good, that will give us the green light to go ahead and announce!

For 2nd+3rd time moms, when did your nausea go away? I feel like there is no end in sight!

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mademoiselle3: I'm 14 weeks.. it's still going strong. I think with DD it let up around 22 weeks but that was late compared to many people I knew. It's really down to the person. Hope you feel better soon! Are you taking anything? I do find it helps take the edge off.

10. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Ok, I just read through my old baby due date thread: at week 15 the nausea stopped :). So maybe 2 more weeks to go.

11. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mademoiselle3: I'm sorry you're still feeling sick! I was vomiting with my son until 17 weeks. One day it just disappeared and I felt so much better. My aversions went away and I was able to eat normally again! I lost weight in the first tri with my son, but I made up for it in the 2nd and 3rd tris.

12. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@Banana330: @StrawberryBee: @Boopers: good to know! I know the majority of people feel better after the first trimester. It's just frustrating wondering when it is!

I just pop in a couple of preggie pops. They work but only temporarily.

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Diclectin/Diclegis might help you if it's still bad. It does make you drowsy for a while (i tend to feel ok once i'm on it for a few weeks). I find I feel best if i'm taking it consistently (at the exact same times each day) some people find unisom and B6 works the same for less.

14. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Mine gradually stopped last time. I can remember slowly having more days in the week where I felt good rather than nauseous. I think it was 16-17 weeks? i can sympathize with you though, it's definitely worse this time. Curious to see when it slows down!

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: We told Fiona (almost 3) a few weeks ago. She "knows" mommy has a baby in her belly, but I don't think she fully grasps it. She hasn't been around any pregnant people recently, and we don't know anyone local who has more than one kid so she doesn't quite understand siblings. And yeaaaaa. I am starting to feel SLIGHTLY less exhausted the last few days and I really wonder if I'd be exhausted at all if I wasn't popping 2 diclegis every night. But it feels like its just finally giving me all day coverage.. sort of/barely... so I'm not ready to stop yet. I keep telling myself in 1 more month I might be okay to stop....

@Mademoiselle3: I didn't take an rx for nausea last time, but I was doing the 1/2 unisom + b6 cocktail. I remember that around 13 weeks I had stopped feeling nausea so I tried skipping the cocktail and I was got sick again. Kept up with it until 18 weeks when I tried stopping it again and I was fine. This time I feel like will be similar? Until a few days ago I was still pretty nauseous every late afternoon/evening even with diclegis. As of a few days ago I feel pretty okay through the day, so I take that as a good sign. If I continue to feel better, I'll prob test going off the diclegis in a few weeks.

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: Too cute! Yeah, it's so hard to tell what is med-created and what is pregnancy-created in terms of symptoms. Last pregnancy I got by with preggo drops. This time that ain't cutting it! My SIL had nausea all throughout her pregnancy, and I don't know how she went through that twice. A friend from high school has HG and had FIVE kids (plus two miscarriages). I feel like such a wimp in comparison! I was clutching my daughter's waste basket this morning.

17. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I'm almost 12 weeks and finally threw up for the first time. I was feeling great at the beginning of the week, but after my appointment on Wednesday I've been feeling really crappy. I thought I'd be in the clear soon, boo.

Anyone have fun weekend plans?

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: No, just more packing ;). Maybe sleep. We're going to try to put an offer in on a house today, and I just hope this one works out.

Yesterday I was walking around outside without a jacket, and today it's freaking snowing. Crazy!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: ugh I hate puking. I felt ok for most of this week and yesterday was puking and gagging all day long!

I'm still on essentially bedrest for my foot so our weekends are pretty subdued but we've got brunch and dinner plans. I really need to start cleaning and painting but it's hard when I'm not suppose to stand!

@StrawberryBee: I know the weather here has been up and down for the last few weeks. It was so nice out and now it's a cold weather warning.

20. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Boopers: Aw that stinks you're still getting sick.

We are telling my parents tomorrow. This is the first grandchild so I'm sure it will be really emotional. They had no idea we were thinking about getting pregnant so I'm sure it will be quite the exciting surprise. I told my sister the other day and she just sobbed from happiness. It's so fun to finally be able to tell everyone.

21. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Oddly, I have felt closer to throwing up this week compared to earlier. I thought it'd be better too. Food aversions are still there.

No major weekend plans, relaxing and cooking/baking. We are due for some snow tonight!

22. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Ugh yesterday was not a bout of morning sickness. I must have picked up some sort of stomach bug and I still feel awful today! Ive been in bed all of yesterday and today. I have to miss out on my friend's 30th birthday party today, boo.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend!

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: oh no, I hope you feel better soon!

No nausea for me today (I even forgot to take diclegis) so I've been taking advantage of it and packed up most of the living room. Currently trying to get my three year old to take a nap.

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

So happy, I took out the home Doppler and immediately found the heartbeat :).

Also in great news, we had our offer accepted on a house!! Should only have to crash in my moms apartment for a month and a half.

In less great news, I found out that everything (a crap ton of boxes) got covered in a layer of soot when they did the work on the heater. So now instead of packing new boxes, DH and I have spent the last four hours cleaning already packed stuff. And some things can't be salvaged (our fake Christmas tree) and have to be tossed. Grr.

25. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Boopers: oh no! Hope you are feeling better...stomach bugs are the worst!

@StrawberryBee: Congrats on the house! That's good news you'll be able to move soon!

So ready to go for my 12 week appt tomorrow. Feel like it's been so long since I've been there. I am supposed to have my NT scan on Tuesday, but we are getting like 12+ inches of snow, so I'll have to try and reschedule that tomorrow. Hopefully they can still fit us in sometime this week! Hope everyone had a good weekend!!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: yay, hope your appointment goes well tomorrow! Wondering if you're close to me, the snow forecast for Monday into Tuesday is sounding very interesting. I wouldn't say no to a free day for more packing.

27. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: yay for hearing hb with doppler!

I have my 12 week appt tomorrow. looking forward to seeing kiddo again (my doc does an u/s at all regular appts under 14 weeks). Really anxious to find out the sex though! Also work is just driving me freaking nuts lately and it's sort of putting a damper on the whole week. meh.

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: nice that you get u/s with the early appointments! I think you should do the elective ;). If they can't tell then you can just get another lol.

29. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: Good luck today!

@StrawberryBee: Thank you! I'm in PA...yeah this forecast definitely is interesting. I feel like we always get these late winter storms though. I think you'll get another day for packing from the sounds of the forecast if it's going to be as bad around you as it is me!!

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: ugh stomach bugs are the worst. I hope you've recovered!

@StrawberryBee: Congrats on the House! That's super exciting!

@Mamag511: @Mae: Good luck today!

@Mamag511: @StrawberryBee: We're expecting the snow today/tomorrow too! Doesn't effect me too much cause i'm still working at home

31. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I am on Spring Break this week and the kids and I slept until 8am. I feel like a new woman! I have another ultrasound next Monday and I am really looking forward to that. This week should be awesome just really getting some stuff done around the house and resting!

32. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Good luck to all those with appts and have fun if you are on Spring Break!!

I have been fighting a headache today, since I am migraine-prone I was really worried about migraines during pregnancy. So far, so good but I hope the second tri doesn't prove me wrong.

I feel pretty good though. My husband had some red wine Friday night and it was the first time since getting my positive that I was really missing alcohol.

Hope everyone has a great week, despite those of you that are in a blizzard zone!

33. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!

So ended up having to switch around appointments today and tomorrow because of this storm, but so thankful they were able to get my NT scan in! Saw this cutie moving all around and definitely calmed my anxiety!! Think we'll start telling a few more people now.

Has anyone told work yet? It's getting hard to hide my bump, so I'm thinking I'll have to let them know by the end of the week!

34. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: thank you! My nausea has been pretty bad today, but stomach bug wise I'm fine!

@matador84: enjoy your spring break! I had mine last week. All my friends in neighboring districts have theirs this week so that was a bummer that we couldn't do more play dates!

@Mamag511: I ended up telling my boss at 8 weeks because she was going to be out for 6 weeks. I knew by the time she would be back that I couldn't hide my bump and everyone else would know except her.

We announced on social media over the weekend and it feels so good to be out in the open and not try to hide the bump at work anymore!

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: glad you're migraine free so far! I've also really been missing wine. I'm not even a big drinker generally (like, maybe a couple drinks a month, at most). But work has been so stressful the last few weeks, and is going to continue to be for the rest of march, and I just keep thinking how much I'd like a glass of wine or to do a team happy hour or SOMETHING. sigh. lol

@Mamag511: i told work at 8 weeks bc i have no chill lol congrats on the great appt!!

My appointment today was a bit frustrating. Baby is doing great, which is of course the most important thing. But otherwise, meh. Because of the bleeding I had week before last, the doctor wants me on pelvic rest until AT LEAST 24 WEEKS. And not for any specific reason-- he didn't see any cause for the bleeding. He just said that any bleeding in the first trimester is associated with the risk of premature labor so he recommends pelvic rest until at least 24 weeks. Which I'm sorry, seems a bit nuts to me. I've known lots of people who have had bleeding and none have been put on pelvic rest for so long. And it's not just that we can't go three months without sex. It's that I'm worried that he is a doctor who is so scared of getting sued or making a mistake that he takes the most restrictive path at all times. And I'm not sure that is the best doc for someone who wants to vbac

Also I asked him about doing an elective us for gender and he said no because "we just don't know the risks of too much ultrasound exposure so i recommend against any ultrasound that isn't absolutely medically necessary." Again. seems sort of unnecessarily restrictive for what is likely a minuscule risk

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: I'm outside philly (nw). Office and daycare are both closed! Weee! Work made me take my laptop home but I'm not turning it on unless there's a problem 😁. Should be the last time DH has to clear this driveway.

Glad you were able to get your us in yesterday!

@Banana330: thanks! Making steady progress on all things house. I'm so excited for the new one; it's just so much nicer and better set up. Master bathroom!!!

@matador84: enjoy, that sounds heavenly!

@Bibliolove: I hope your headache goes away and doesn't turn into a migraine

@Boopers: @Mamag511: work has known forever, but my husbands family still doesn't know. Whoops. We just haven't seen them. Still waiting on nipt results.

@Mae: I think if you aren't comfortable with the advice your dr is giving you, you may be better off finding someone who melds better with your goals. Fwiw, my dr said nothing about pelvic rest. Granted, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor blip on the radar to know you're being as safe as possible, but it sounds like he's talking at you instead of to you. Lots of people get elective ultrasounds. No, it's not medically necessary nor will knowing earlier change the outcome, but there's a value in enjoying your pregnancy that I feel he's missing.

37. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Mamag511: work has known since forever haha.
    My direct supervisor is my best friend and she has known for quite some time. Everyone else found out around 8 weeks because we are planning for our summer season and they want me to do a specific job that doesn't involve me running around.

38. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Hi all, I've been MIA again! My DH went overseas for work last week and my DS got really sick with some virus/flu/fever/vomiting thing. It was awful. I'm not good with vomit, especially toddler vomit where you just have no control over when/where it's going to happen. I made DH fly home early even though the fastest direct flight is 10 hours and the worst was over by the time he got home And now I am also sick again! It's the third time this pregnancy hopefully I don't have what DS had last week, time will tell.

I'm working from home today as I had to take time off work last week to care for DS and I feel like I can't really take more time off! I told my boss about being pregnant yesterday and she was supportive. Phew.

39. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mae: I'm so sorry to hear about the pelvic rest! can you get a second opinion from another dr? or just switch all together if you don't have a good feeling about what the dr is saying?

40. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

When is everyone planning on stopping work? I am working as a consultant at the moment so I can basically choose when I finish as I won't get mat leave anyway. I don't really know what to do! Last time I couldn't work for the second half of the pregnancy because I was waiting on a new visa, so I'm not sure when is a good time to stop working! My DS was 3 weeks early and my midwife thinks I might be early again so I think I will at least take August off. But I could finish earlier if I wanted to....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee