Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a good weekend! Finally felt good today - seemed to have a little more energy which I'm so surprised at. Waiting to see if I turned a corner, or it's just a one day thing!

@Banana330: I've really just had cravings for junky foods. Like chips, etc. really anything salty! So different from my first pregnancy!

2. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Hi all! Does anyone else get short of breath easily now? I feel like a simple walk leaves me a bit winded. I hope this passes. I like walking and it's been nice enough to be outside.

3. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Sorry I've been out of touch, spending every spare moment packing or feeling sick.

NIPT test results came back inconclusive :(. Specifically low fetal fraction. So now I have to wait for a Quad screening in two weeks (which will tell genetic stuff like the trisomies, and hopefully comes back normal), and less importantly, anatomy scan for gender.

4. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

Had my 12 week appt and we got to see a sono of the baby. Everything looks good and we saw some movement, HR was 141 BPM. I go back in another 4 weeks for just a regular check up and then I think after that he'll schedule the anatomy scan if I remember right. We are TG, but I think we're having a boy (my guess from u/s today). So we will see!

5. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: Ugh sorry you didn't get any answers! What does that mean, just that there wasn't enough of the baby's DNA to test?

@matador84: yay for a good scan today!

@Bibliolove: Yea I started feeling shortness of breath really early. It was actually one of the things my nurse asked me at my OB coordinator appt at 5 weeks and I said yes then. She said it was something about blood flow..? It's ridiculous though. Its really bad in our house because its 1.5 flights between our main living space and LO's room, and she still wants to be carried a lot, and carrying 30lb up 1.5 flights, I'm totally out of breath by the top lol.

I am just... tired. I really need work to calm down so I can get some rest. Working this job and growing a person (and keeping another tiny person alive) is so much harder than working at home while pregnant last time!

6. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Bibliolove: I definitely get out of breath easier. Like @Mae: said, stairs are the worst for me!

@matador84: So glad you had a great appointment! I have to wait until after my next appt to schedule my anatomy scan too.

@StrawberryBee: Sorry you didn't get any answers! What does inconclusive mean? I'm sure you are anxious to do the next screen.

7. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: @Mamag511: basically they didn't find enough of the baby's DNA in my blood sample to be able to run the test. I hope that just means that the sample was bad and not that there's anything wrong.

@Bibliolove: I have shortness of breath but I don't know if I'm doing it because I'm actually out of breath or if I'm trying to keep the nausea at bay.

@matador84: congrats on a good appointment!

8. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: how many weeks were you when they took the sample? I had to do my test twice because there wasn't enough fetal DNA the first time. I did it at exactly ten weeks

9. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Bibliolove: I thought I was crazy!! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been fit my whole life, and now even walking is exhausting. I find myself avoiding things I used to do without thinking (walking to the store, going up stairs in our building, etc). I had high hopes of continuing to work out almost every day in pregnancy...... ha! I let go of that pretty quickly!!

@Mae: That's interesting about the blood flow. I've literally had a bloody nose every day since the BFP which is very unusual for me. I feel like the blood flow must be the explanation!

10. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: 12 weeks. They said in their experience it usually comes back with the same result again, so they wouldn't try it again unless the quad comes back questionable.

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: glad you're feeling better!

@Bibliolove: I did last pregnancy, my midwife said it was due to increased blood volume. It's harder to oxygenate it.

@StrawberryBee: argh so frustrating!

@matador84: Yay for a good appointment and seeing the baby.

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I have been cleared to go back to work part time but the dr. seemed very hesitant to even let me do that. A few days in the office here and there will be nice though.

I'm still puking, but not as often which is good.

I can't believe it's already spring! Where did March go and I feel like it's going to be september before we know it!

13. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Thanks for everyones responses, glad to know it's common at least. I have tentatively started creating an Amazon baby registry just to keep track of ideas. It's fun to think about!

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: I really liked babylist for my registry last time. It lets you add things from any store and I kept it private for a long time...

15. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: glad to hear the puking is better.

@StrawberryBee: good luck with the quad screening!

16. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: I will check that out. I have been using luci's list, which is helpful but man there is a lot of "stuff" on there....I feel like baby just needs to be fed, be in clothes, and in a safe place to sleep in the beginning!

17. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh boo! Mine was at ten weeks and they were pretty sure it was just too early. My redraw at 12 weeks worked out fine.

18. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

@Bibliolove: I am definitely feeling out of breath when I do minor exercise, like walking to my car. I have to give presentations at work and all of the talking makes me huff and puff for air. I feel crazy! I ran a full marathon not even a year ago, so I'm usually in good shape.

My NT scan results came back. I can read them online, but it is very confusing! I don't understand anything. I sent a message to the midwife, even though she will probably tell me to call the genetic doctor.

19. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Just catching up on how everyone is going as I realised I haven't checked in for a week! Glad to see some ladies are starting to turn a corner and feel less sick. My nausea has definitely eased up but I'm still a little gaggy now and then.

@Banana330: the cardio scan is because I have a heart condition and a pacemaker - they do a specific detailed heart scan to make sure the baby's heart is normal and that there is no indication of heart problems. Actually, last pregnancy my OB decided we didn't need to do it because my condition is genetic and I don't carry the antibody that causes the heart condition... So the likelihood of my baby having a heart condition is no greater than anyone else, but because I haven't even seen an OB yet (NHS!) the midwives didn't really understand and referred me for the cardio scan anyway. I figured I'd take the extra scan seeing as they don't scan very often here anyway!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mademoiselle3: Did you find out anything more about your results?

@lulu22: Makes sense. The NHS is funny like that. I haven't dealt with them for pregnancy but lived in London a few years ago and definitely struggled to totally understand the system! Glad you're turning a corner.. I thought I was then I have a few bad days in a row and I get down about it again.

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: Thanks! Glad you got cleared to go back to the office, even though it's on a reduced schedule.

@Bibliolove: Thanks! There aren't a lot of things I would consider to be absolutely necessary. The one thing that no one got me at my baby shower was socks ;). Such a minor but missed thing!

@YouGotMe: I wish they would just try the redraw T_T. I'm not out anything financially because I already hit my max out of pocket

@Mademoiselle3: I hate being sent medical jargon without someone there at the same time to explain it to me! Hopefully it's just that, and you'll get a response soon that everything is in the normal parameters.

As for me, I didn't feel nauseous last Friday or Saturday; I did on Sunday and Monday, and I think I've been okay yesterday and today. So maybe it's on its way out *crossed fingers*

22. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: that drives me insane for you! I had figured maybe it was the cost.

23. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Well my appointment for today got re-scheduled until Monday, as my OB had to go deliver a baby. I was so psyched up for this appointment, so it's disappointing. I haven't heard the heartbeat since a month ago.

At any rate, I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday. The weather is grey and dreary, so I am a bit down today. Very ready for spring.

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: that sucks! I had that almost happen my last appointment but they got me in with another midwife luckily.
    I hear you on ready for spring. I'm done with the cold, and ready to get some outside time.

I actually used the home doppler this morning to listen to the heartbeat. I can't believe i'm 16 weeks tomorrow. My anatomy scan is in 3 weeks! It's true the second pregnancy goes SO much quicker!

I'm surprised i'm not showing more. I've got a bit of a "you've eaten too much lately" look but not a definitive bump. It took ages to show last time so i guess it's to be expected. I still haven't told work yet, but will maybe next week.

25. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Bibliolove: SOOO ready for spring here too! I hate winter so much!

@Banana330: when did you start using the home doppler? I'm too scared to pull mine out in case it's too early!

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: After we heard the heartbeat with the doppler with the midwife... 13.5 weeks. One night we couldn't find it, but I tried again the next morning and found it. It seems to be easier to find in the mornings for me.

27. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: oooooohh ok I am going to try tonight as I'm 14.5... my midwife wouldn't check last week as she said it was too early to try so that put me off!

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: that's so disappointing :'(. I'd be upset too

@Banana330: I went to a llr party two nights ago and there was a girl there pregnant with her second who's due a week after me and has the cutest bump. I have bump envy! It also made me worry there was something wrong with me. Then there was the inevitable person who heard us talking and berated us for not being team green.

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: I totally get bump envy.. My coworker is due in july and at 15 weeks announced at work and ALREADY had a cute bump... 16 weeks here today and nothing.

The aircast is a bit of a blessing right now since I don't look pregnant but want a seat on the subway people will give it to me with the cast on!

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: How did the doppler go?

31. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: I wasn't able to pick anything up, but I might have been looking in all the wrong spots! I will try again in a few days.

That's so good you are able to get a seat due to your cast!
    Yesterday I wore my 'baby on board' badge on the tube for the first time! I felt a bit silly as I'm not even 15wks yet, but it was so nice - people offered me seats or at least a pole to hold on to! Usually the tube is so packed I don't even get a pole to hold onto and I was starting to get scared of toppling over, which is why I decided to start wearing it. I'm sure I will get more comfortable with it as the weeks pass!

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: That's great! last pregnancy my friend from london sent me one to wear here. People didn't really get it but it helped occasionally. luckily we will be really pregnant in the summer so it will be easy to see our bumps!

33. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Totally jinxed myself saying that I felt better. That lasted all of a day. But 14 weeks today, so yay 2nd tri!! Found out my current daycare can't take both my dd and a baby, so now I'm back to the drawing board for childcare. I'm def stressed, but hoping I can find a good spot for them both.

@StrawberryBee: If it makes you feel better, people give me a hard time for being team green too. Have you worn any LLR as maternity clothes? I look at it and think, that would be so comfortable...but don't know anyone in real life who's worn it while pregnant.

@Bibliolove: That's so frustrating about your appt. I def would have been upset too!

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lulu22: that's so neat! Do many pregnant ladies wear a badge to let others know?

@Mamag511: this was the opposite actually, I'm not TG and she was very opinionated that I ought to be 😅. I wear LLR now and it's sooo comfy. Not sure how it would be later on with a real belly.

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

One of my good friends is a LLR consultant and wears a ton of it. I feel like most of it would work really well at least until you're super huge lol. I'd think you could wear it at least until 7mo or so? some of it all the way. It's not really my thing but if you like it I say go for it!

@Mamag511: so, since when is 14 weeks 2d tri?! lol. I remember last pregnancy thinking when i hit 12 weeks that was 2d tri. But then the app I was using last time it was 13 weeks and I had a little celebration at that point. I was so pumped to hit 13 weeks on Wed and my app still said 1st tri!! I felt so cheated! lol

The only good part about working being so crazy the last month is it has gone by really fast. I am a bit anxious to get a little further into the pregnancy-- enough that I have a good bump and I'm feeling normal-- and then sort of coast lol. I'm actually super nervous about having a newborn again so I don't think I'm going to be counting down the weeks until my due date once I get to feeling better.

36. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: haha I know. I thought it was earlier too, but the app I use finally said it today!! I feel like it's one of those things that no one ever agrees on.

37. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: i know its totally meaningless but I will just mentally be happier when i'm in the 2d tri!! lol

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: I think it's because 40/3=13.333, so some are rounding up and some are rounding down. I'm also confused though, because I'm pretty sure my dr congratulated me on exiting the first tri at my 12 week appointment lol

39. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: I would be freaking out! We went and toured a couple places this week and I was horrified. We ended up going back to the place where my older two went from newborns until age 3. We just wanted to try something different since it's a little farther from where we live and the hours aren't as great and it's pricey. But, they were so excited for us, let us register during open enrollment and welcomed us back with open arms for the newborn so I know we're making the right decision. Even though we'll be spending $2000 a month in child care! Ugh!

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@matador84: I hear you. We're gonna be in the same situation, but I feel like it's one of those things that if you feel is right then it's worth the $. I was panicking yesterday but my husband has calmed me down a bit. Really hoping in the next few weeks to have this figured out. It was something that gave me a lot of anxiety the first time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee