Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330: boo for strep! I had it a few months ago. I'm getting my 8th cold since November.

I had my OB apppintment today. Heard the heart beat on the Doppler. And then I went right back row work. It took less than 5 minutes.

Anatomy scan is April 19th. Next OB is May 1st.

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

So sorry that so many people aren't feeling well! Our weekend was pretty good. It's really hard to be lazy with a toddler around though lol. Also our daughter who will be 3 next month has definitely fully embraced the threenager thing and it's a little emotionally challenging. I'm feeling mostly pretty okay. I was sort of sick in the afternoons last week, randomly, but have felt pretty good (knock wood) the last few days. Still so damn tired though, ugh. I'm frustrated it doesn't seem to be abating as quickly as it did last time, but I'm starting to think its just my schedule. Last time I WFH and could sleep until 8 every day. Now I have to get up at 6 to get to work and it's just rough (not a morning person anyways).

Sorry I'm being whiny! In better things, I think I might felt the baby tonight? I'm not certain about it, but I definitely felt SOMETHING that is what I remember from last time. 15 weeks in 2 days so it seems sort of early but not impossible? We'll see if/when it happens again! Looking forward to my deem appt wed to hopefully get some answers about my eczema, and my OB appt thurs to get to hear the HB again (and be 1 step closer to anatomy scan, woot!).

Also one of my very best friends found out she is pregnant last week and i am SO FREAKING EXCITED that we are pregnant together! And our kids will only be like 2 mo apart. It's the best thing ever.

3. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

sorry I've been so awol lately!

@babybunnylove: welcome!

@Banana330: Congrats on the reno finally being done! Hope you all feel better soon

@lulu22: glad you were able to hear the heartbeat on your own, but I'm sorry you're not getting the level of care that you need. Hopefully the private midwife will work out better.

@Mae: How fantastic that you get to share your pregnancy journey with one of your best friends!

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: on of my best friends is pregnant now too. She's had a few early losses so we're cautiously optimistic that we'll have babies close together now.

I'm pretty sure I started feeling movements around then too. They still aren't daily or consistent but they are reassuring.

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 21 - babybunnylove
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1) , Mamag511 (#2):teamgreen:
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2), Dolphin (#3), Mrs Cotton Candy (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)
    Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    April 13 - Banana330 (Anatomy Scan)
    April 19 - yougotme (Anatomy scan)
    April 24 - Boopers (Anatomy Scan)
    April 25 - Lulu22 (cardio scan)
    April 27 - Lulu22 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 4 - Bibliolove (Anatomy Scan), Mae (Anatomy Scan)
    May 5 - Mamag511 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 11 -babybunnylove (Anatomy Scan)

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I still can't believe we only had one early sex determination! I feel like that's the norm these days.

Does everyone want me to keep listing regular OB appointments or would we like to just list special ones where people might want support? (Eg anatomy scans etc).

7. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: oh no on the strep throat and xray! that sounds like my exact situation a few weeks ago. I made DH take DS for the chest xray under the excuse that "I can't go near the xray machine while pregnant"... even though I'm sure they have ways of protecting pregnant women! I just couldn't face another schlep to the hospital!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Ha ha I just had this conversation with DH this morning. He's going to take her tomorrow while I go to my midwife appointment. He conceded that I probably shouldn't be in there with her. How did it go? I heard it can be scary for them..

9. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mae: yay for feeling movement! I too have been feeling some "maybe that was the baby?" movements... I'm sure they will get stronger and more definite for us over the next couple of weeks! Exciting!

@Banana330: I don't mind either way with which appointments are listed. Definitely the scans are nice to have support for, but give or take the general appointments.... it might become a bit onerous for you to keep up to date with them all once our appointments start getting more frequent. Thank you so much for keeping up with maintaining the list!!!

10. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

So exciting so many are feeling something! I keep having moments where I convince myself that it's the baby, but then talk myself out of it haha. Can't wait to feel those kicks for sure soon!!

@Mae: One of my best friends is pregnant too (a month beforehand) and it's so exciting to have a buddy to go through it with!!

Is anyone having trouble sleeping? Over the past two weeks I feel like I've gotten maybe 3-4 hours each night. My hips are killing me already. Breaking out my big pregnancy pillow in hopes that helps!

@Banana330: Whatever is easier for you in terms of keeping up! Appointments will def start to pick up more in the next few months!! You are amazing for keeping track of everyone

11. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: I had to change how I sleep very early. Like 6 weeks. I'm usually sort of a stomach sleeper but it's really uncomfortable for me to put any weight on my stomach. I have a body pillow I put behind me and sort of lean back on and sleep okay like that.

12. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: Ha, I tried for the early sex determination, it didn't work ;D. I'm with @lulu22: , I don't mind seeing all the appointments but it may be a lot for you to keep track of.

FYI, my anatomy scan is May 2nd

Update: my house is SOLD! in a super weird quirk, the couple who bought it are also due September 14th 0_o. Everything is packed up in storage. New house closes in mid May. I had an appointment yesterday that was barely anything, but she did find the heartbeat (after the nurse said she couldn't find it, but I knew she was looking too low). I've now seen two people in real life who are behind or at my due date who have a definite preggo belly. Meanwhile I can still fit into my pre preggo jeans, and am a pound down from where I started.

I've had trouble sleeping for months...unsure how much of that is my brain working in overdrive vs. the pregnancy ;).

13. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@Mae: Hi due date twin! I just found out two of my best friends are pregnant and due around the same time as me too. It IS the best thing when you can share this journey with your closest friends!

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2)
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 21 - babybunnylove
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1) , Mamag511 (#2):teamgreen:
    September 24 - Boopers (#2), Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2), Dolphin (#3), Mrs Cotton Candy (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1), sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

Appointments
    April 2 - YouGotMe
    April 3 - Boopers
    April 5 - Banana330
    April 6 - Mae
    April 11 - Mamag511
    April 13 - Banana330 (Anatomy Scan)
    April 19 - yougotme (Anatomy scan)
    April 24 - Boopers (Anatomy Scan)
    April 25 - Lulu22 (cardio scan)
    April 27 - Lulu22 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 2 - StrawberryBee (Anatomy Scan)
    May 4 - Bibliolove (Anatomy Scan), Mae (Anatomy Scan)
    May 5 - Mamag511 (Anatomy Scan)
    May 11 -babybunnylove (Anatomy Scan)

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: I had a really bad night on sunday, lots of hip aches and pains. Last night I had a warm epsom salt bath and tylenol before bed and slept great. My snoogle has been out for weeks. I keep catching DH sneaking the tail of it in his sleep

16. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: @Banana330: Thanks ladies. I'll try some of the things you suggested. Plus a warm bath sounds amazing right now lol.

@StrawberryBee: Congrats on selling the house! I'm sure that's a relief!

17. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@Mamag511: I haven't slept well at all since finding out I am pregnant. First it was the excitement and now I think it is hormones? Not sure but I miss a good night's sleep for sure!

Has anyone had intermittent shooting pain in the crotch area? I've been experiencing this for a few weeks and attribute it to things stretching but is it too early? I emailed my doctor but they didn't seemed too concerned to have me go in...

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: thanks, I'm so glad to have that part done! Never ever moving again.

@Mrs. K: lightning crotch! I forget what it really is, round ligament pain? I've had it too

19. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mrs. K: Ive had sharp pains very low sort of on either side of my bikini line, particularly if I move quickly or twist. I think it's round ligament pain.

20. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@StrawberryBee: @mae: yes lightening crotch!! Lol ok whew feel a lot better because I was worried I was too early to be feeling the stretch and pull...

@strawberrybee: congrats on selling! Woohoo!! So happy for you!

21. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: DS actually did fine with the chest xray, he stood up nice and tall, the only trouble was he didn't know how to 'breathe in' like they wanted as he is too little to understand that concept. That said he loves medical stuff and drs and always practices at home with his drs kit. The other day he pulled up the doctor because she didn't check his ear! lol! he said 'check ear, check ear!' and pointed crossly at his ear!

22. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. K: yeah I get those shooting crotch pains and I did last time too... I never really worked out what it was, but last time the OB said it was round ligament pain. It's either that or just 'general weird pregnancy pain' I think.

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Thanks. DD went yesterday. She's generally good at the doctor and was fine at this. The tech said they generally cry and get scared, but DH said she was very cooperative but got a little quiet when they made her change her shirt and put on the lead apron. At least it's done now!

24. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

I don't have crotch pain, but I have had cramps (like exercise cramps) on my side. Pregnancy is such a weird and fascinating thing.

We are having our anatomy scan on May 13th (we are team green). I'm excited for the sonogram!

I think my nausea has *finally* disappeared. My last sense of nausea was a week ago. I have been knocking on every piece of wood I see!

How's everyone else doing? Anyone going on a babymoon this summer?

25. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mademoiselle3: we have a family vacation planned for June. I'm not excited lol. I'm not really a vacation person and did not want to go but it was important to my mom. Mostly just looking forward to getting it over with so I can stop stressing about it!

26. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@Mademoiselle3: I'm glad you're nausea is letting up. My food aversions went away right around 12-13 weeks and no trace of them since. I have gained 20lbs All I did the first trimester was stuff my face because it kept the nausea away. I couldn't eat anything but carbs, sugar, carbs, repeat. I'm so happy to be enjoying fruits and veggies again.
    I went the other day for my 16week. HB was around 140. I go on May 2 for anatomy scan.

We are supposed to go to Vegas in a week for a short getaway (or babymoon I guess!). I'm hoping restaurants have some fabulous "mocktails"
    However, my MIL was just diagnosed with cancer. She's going to have surgery and if it's while we are away, I bet DH will want to cancel the trip. I'm kicking myself for not buying travel insurance. The most important thing of course is that her treatment goes well. So the trip will be a game time decision.

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mademoiselle3: We have a small family trip planned for June to the beach.

@annem1990: I'm sorry to hear about your MIL :(. If you paid with a credit card, sometimes there's trip insurance baked into it that way.

28. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Feeling pretty good here! We going away for the weekend so excited for that!

@Mademoiselle3: We have a week planned down the shore in early July. Hoping that my parents can join us as well!

@annem1990: I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. I totally understand the game time decision.

29. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: glad her x-ray was good! And hope the results are fine!

@Mademoiselle3: I wouldn't call it a 'babymoon' with a toddler in tow but we have lots of travel planned for the summer! We are off to Portugal in a week and we are hoping to get to Norway, Denmark and Sweden in May/June. Maybe Italy in July but that might be pushing it.... I show early and show big so I would need a drs note in July for sure. Some of them will just be long weekend trips but at least a couple will be weeklong. We traveled in the second trimester last pregnancy and it was great, although we did road trips so not sure how I will go with all the flying.... second trimester is such a great time to travel so I'm so glad we are now headed into spring and summer!

30. Mademoiselle3

coffee bean / 35 posts

wow! There are so many fun trips planned for all of you.

@lulu22: I have always wanted to go to Portugal. It looks beautiful.

@annem1990: totally right there with you. First trimester was carbs, take out, and junk since I needed food and I needed food fast! Glad you're feeling better. But I am at that awkward phase where I have a stomach but it could just totally pass for a gut.

We are thinking of going away to FL sometime in June. I am so looking forward to doing nothing all day. This is our first, so I am especially going to soak up this trip. As I'm sure it will be our quietest for the last twenty years

So since we are team green, we are obviously not finding out the sex at our anatomy scan. Does anyone know what else they check for? Like other than the sex, what is the point of it?

31. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mademoiselle3: others can answer better than me, but they​ check your baby's organs and skeleton, etc. Like heart, kidneys, spinal cord to make sure all looks well and is on track.

32. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

The last week has been odd for me. I have had some pretty bad headaches and all-day nausea. That's almost better than throwing up all day, but they are kind of taking me out of commission too. Just when I am starting to feel better! I have also had a pain lingering on my right side and if I cough it feels like a pulled muscle. Crazy to me how different this pregnancy is than my others!

I have an appointment on Tuesday and knowing my dr he'll probably have me schedule my anatomy scan for around 20 weeks and my glucose test also.

33. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mademoiselle3: We were team green for my dd, and the anatomy scan was really fun even if you don't find out the sex! They check all the organs and bones and everything. It was really cool! I'm looking forward to mine again in a few weeks and we aren't finding out again!

@matador84: Sorry you still aren't feeling well. I totally agree though, it's amazing how different each pregnancy can be. I feel like I ask my OB so many more questions because I don't remember this or that symptom from last time.

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday. Everything was good, got to hear the hb again! Decided to go for the repeat cs, so they told me I can schedule at my next visit. Crazy to think how far in advance they schedule out!

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Thanks! her results were fine.. She just has strep too so has been on antibiotics!

@Mademoiselle3: As everyone else said it's to make sure all the parts are where they should be and the right size and shape. We had to go back last time cause they couldn't get a good picture of her heart.

@matador84: Sucks you've had a rough week. I've had more headaches this time but Tylenol and sleep seems to get rid of them for me.

@Mamag511: Crazy they schedule it so soon! I don't think they generally schedule them until 34-36 weeks here. My friend only just got her date and it's in 5 weeks!

I have my anatomy scan today! i'm pretty excited but probably shouldn't be since last time the tech wouldn't tell us anything and we had to wait a week for the results with the midwife.

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Ahhh it happened again. Just had the anatomy scan and we got a good profile shot and saw it's tiny feet and arms moving but the tech couldn't get a clear shot so couldn't tell us for sure what the baby is! This happened with DD too! She did say she thinks it might be a girl but don't paint the nursery....

36. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: can you go back, or is this it until baby is born? All that anticipation!

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: I think they will send me for a repeat if there's required measurements they need still but otherwise maybe not. Last time I got sent back because they didn't get a good look at the heart but I don't think that happened this time. I'll have to call my midwives next week and see what they say.

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

It's lucky this baby is going to be a repeat c-section, look at that round head!

39. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: so exciting you got to see your bubba! but so annoying that you couldn't find out the gender!! I will be so bummed if that happens to me as there is no way the NHS would do a repeat scan to look for gender.... I'm sort of regretting not getting the harmony test done now... last time I found out the gender at my 12 week scan (in the USA) but at my NHS 12 week scan they refused to even look for gender.

40. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Banana330: Aww, precious!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee