Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. annem1990

apricot / 444 posts

@cheesetomywhine: @Boopers: @matador84: @Mae: @StrawberryBee: Everyone's bumps look adorable!
    I'm finding myself laughing a lot at simple-enough things that have suddenly become difficult. I tried on a pair of sandals today that had a buckle on the side. No way I was able to fasten that... And all of the sudden I can't get out of my car without squeezing into the steering wheel. My hips must have grown!

I had my MW appt. yesterday and was measuring 2 weeks ahead. She said it's something they'll watch for, but I don't really understand what the implications could be? On ultrasounds, baby was measuring a weekish behind. DH and I are both small so I don't think baby is going to be big, but my uterus must be having a grand-old-time growing.

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: 23 weeks here. I agree. This one is flying by way too fast!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I'm 26 weeks tomorrow! It's going so fast!

@annem1990: are you talking with the measuring tape? My midwife measured me yesterday and I was a week ahead on the measuring tape but they have an error of plus or minus 2 weeks. My anatomy scan had the baby in the 30th percentile and DD was under 7lbs at birth.

I'm sitting at the lab for my GD test. I just chugged the sickly orange drink and waiting for my blood draw.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: I'm 25 weeks today :). Ultrasound in less than 2 hours (AMA = more ultrasounds).

@Banana330: yuck, I remember that stuff! At least the worst part's over.

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Ultrasound went perfectly! Still a girl, heartbeat 160, weighs 1.9lb. She was kicking and yawning :). Currently breach. I got an rx for the glucose test, but hopefully the fact that she's measuring right on track means everything's ok there. I've actually lost weight (but then again, I had it to lose. And then some lol).

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: That's great!

7. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: yay!!

@Banana330: how'd the test go?

I just can't get over how much this kid moves. I feel like I can already tell how she is laying a lot of the time, which is something I couldn't do until much later with my first daughter I think. Just like her sister she seems to really favor being breech right now, but my daughter did turn by the early 30s and stayed put. Hoping for the same this time because I think it's a lot more uncomfortable when she is standing up rather than hanging out upside down

8. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: awesome! Wow I can't believe we have babies that are now reaching almost 2 pounds! Time is flying.

I've been a tad grumpy lately. I am not someone that is LOVING pregnancy, despite the long road we walked to get here.

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: I have to wait a few days for results but I felt fine during it and even baby wasn't really kicking when I drank it. Fingers crossed! I'm with you on the movement, I find it so distracting how much this kid moves compared to her sister.

@Bibliolove: I never enjoy pregnancy, I'm generally pretty miserable for most of it. I glare at those people who have wonderful easy pregnancies with envy and jealousy. Lots of my friends have been like that and I struggle to relate to the stories they tell.

10. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: Um, pregnancy blows. The only thing that keeps me from wishing away every day is the fact that newborns suck more lol. We are so NOT baby people. We loved our daughter but ugh.. babies. I keep going back and forth between being so excited to be DONE with this pregnancy-- my last! hallelujah!!-- and realizing that just starts the clock on a year+ of not sleeping.

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I just looked up my results online and I passed.. by a good bit too! whew! now to go get some sugar to see if I can stay awake this afternoon!

12. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330: way to go!

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: @Mae: @Bibliolove: thanks!

@Banana330: congrats!

Did anyone see the new nursery themes target just put out? They're calling the new line cloud island. Really liking "floral fields"! I may be lazy this go around and just keep her room the pale green it currently is.

Oh, and I re-sprained my ankle. Yay. At this point I'll run out of sick days for maternity leave

14. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: I checked out their line in person and online and have a mobile in my registry! Cute things. There were loose threads and such on some of their items...like sloppily put together. Not too bad though. I liked their wipeable changing pad covers.

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: thanks for the heads up! The changing pad I have in my online cart is also available in store, so when I'm mobile again I'll check it out in person. I love their pillow fort line, too.

Which mobile did you pick out?

16. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: the Woodland Trails one with animals on it. I bought a book case with woodland animals on it too, but haven't received it yet. I'm not doing a theme really, but it's turning into one haha.

17. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@Banana330: I'm taking the glucose test this week! My doctor let me take the drink home though and said to just drink it before my appointment so I don't need to sit and wait in the office for an hour. Were you able to leave right after you got your blood drawn? Or was there more waiting around? This is my third pregnancy so you would think I would remember but I forget these things!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@dolphin: yup I could leave right away. The hour went surprisingly fast. But to be fair an hour on my own playing on Facebook is a good break these days.

19. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@dolphin: I was able to leave right after my blood was drawn! Well, I had to give urine sample too but then I could leave

20. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@Banana330: @YouGotMe: thank you!

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Due Dates
    September 2 - Cheesetomywhine (#4)
    September 7 - Ms.Pineapple (#3)
    September 8 - Banana330 (#2):girl:
    September 14 - StrawberryBee (#2)
    September 15 - YouGotMe (#2)
    September 17 - Lulu22 (#2)
    September 19 - homestylecreations (#2), annem1990 (#1)
    September 21 - babybunnylove
    September 22 - mademoiselle3 (#1) , Mamag511 (#2)
    September 24 - Boopers (#2) , Bibliolove (#1)
    September 27 - Mae (#2) , Dolphin (#3) , Mrs Cotton Candy (#2)
    September 28 - mommygrace (#3)
    September 30 - Mrs. K (#1) , sugarbee (#2)
    October 2 - matador84 (#3)

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Has anyone started the nursery yet? Pictures to share?

We're going to make DD1's big girl room but I have to find the time and energy! Now I know why second children get the hand me down bedrooms, their parents are exhausted!

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: currently the nursery is full of boxes (like, you almost can't enter lol). Luckily some of them are empties from other rooms and just need to be broken down. But nope, nothing started yet! The crib is still in pieces, there are tons of hand-me-down boxes of clothes and toys from E, I have some new crib sheets that haven't been washed, and the dresser is due to come (in pieces, mind you...Ikea FTW!) tomorrow if the truck doesn't break down again.

Realistically though, baby will be in our bedroom in a PNP or something similar, so I feel no particular rush to finish, except that I know I'm not going to want to finish after she's born lol.

24. pmh2400

pea / 10 posts

Hi everyone! I just found this group, joined at a friend's recommendation and am having a great time looking at the posts so far. I'm due 9/27 with my first - a baby boy! Looking forward to learning and chatting with you ladies

25. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: we put together our PnP, a bookcase, and I bought a large poster of birds. Our crib and dresser arrive in a few weeks....I aim to have most of it done by the end of July, so I can show it off at our baby shower

26. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@pmh2400: welcome!

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@pmh2400: welcome and congrats!

28. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I can't decide if I want to do a nursery or not. We lived in a very small townhouse when our first was born so it was just a crib, rocker, and changing pad on top of a dresser. We moved to a house when our second was born, but it was a 2 bedroom, so DD had her crib in our room for 2 years! I'm bad, I know. We just moved to a 4 bedroom last year, but the 4th bed is essentially a study/office so I need to figure out where the stuff in that room will go if we turn it into a bedroom. I've always liked "rooming in" with a baby for at least the first year and can't imagine what it's like to have a nursery since I've never had one! We have talked about when the baby is STTN, either bunking if it's a boy in a shared room or doing a full and twin in the girls room if it's a girl.

I'm starting to have some anxiety about this baby. I won't do anything for a while since I'm only 24 weeks. I'll probably have a small bag packed and in my car at 32 weeks since I delivered early with my second.

29. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: ugh, I just got the forms to fill in to register for delivery at the hospital. I don't wanna! And my OBGYN's website just changed, so now they link directly to the hospital for info on birthing rooms, etc. I was hoping to be in denial about birth for a little bit longer.

30. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: our hospital now allows you to preregister online and I'm so glad! Such a hassle to find the time to do it. I can remember I preregistered like a week before delivery with my 2nd so I think it was like at 35 weeks?!

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: jealous! our form says to register 4 months in advance 0_o. I'm going to have to look up what the deductible and max out of pocket are on DH's insurance, since the kids (and eventually me) are all going under him.

32. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@pmh2400: welcome!!

@Banana330: we don't plan to do a nursery. We have had our son in our room for the past two years so our goal this summer is to get his big boy room set up and him sleeping in their on his own. We will keep the baby in our room for at least the first year. We coslept with my son, but I'm kind of hoping the new baby will sleep in his crib. We'll see though! We plan to be flexible. We will eventually have the new baby share a room with our son once they are both a bit older. We live in a 3 bedroom house so we want to keep our 3rd bedroom a guest room/office.

33. dolphin

pomegranate / 3768 posts

@pmh2400: welcome due date twin!

34. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@pmh2400: Welcome and congrats!!

@Banana330: We've done so little so far. We did just move dd into a big girl bed to free up the crib...but we are planning to put the crib in our room and have the baby sleep with us for a few months. Our bedrooms and the kids are on different floors - so before we move downstairs, I want to wait for a more consistent night schedule from the little one. But I am starting to feel some anxiety at how little we have done.

35. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm pretty sure at my dr they register you at your first 8 week appointment. I remember filling out forms then, but never personally registering with the hospital. Is it just a form you fill out? Or another appointment to set up?

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: it's a multi page form requesting all sorts of info. What sort of birth, insurance, etc.

37. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mamag511: my hospital requires you to fill out a form and set up an appointment to pre-register. My doctor's office is part of the hospital so they recommend scheduling the pre-registration appointment with the hospital during the hour I'm waiting during my glucose test.

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Oh, and there's also a release for authorizing anesthesia.

@Boopers: I like being able to multi task like that!
    Edit, hit send too soon: do you know what they discuss in the interview? A kind of pre birth plan, or just going over hospital policies and what to expect?

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: from what I remember with my first, they go over some of my medical history which is on the form as well as things like cord blood banking, filing for the birth certificate, and some other stuff. These posts reminded me that I need to call tomorrow to schedule my pre-admission appointment!

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Boopers: @StrawberryBee: This is so interesting to me. I didn't have to do anything like this. They brought some of it up at my OB appointments, and I remember signing releases for both types of births. It's nice to get it out of the way with the hospital so they aren't asking you 10 million questions when you check into labor and delivery!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee