Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@cheesetomywhine: @matador84: great!

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: nothing like a little perspective to smack you in the face eh.

@Boopers: oh man I wish I was off already. I'm feeling pretty distracted at work lately.. i think a combo of summer lull and pregnancy.

@StrawberryBee: I hope you have your couch now... i'm glued to mine after bedtime on weeknights!

@cheesetomywhine: @matador84: yay! for passing.

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Anyone having hot flashes? i've been waking up at night sweating and having to turn the AC up (and it's not THAT hot here yet). I've also found my office really warm too.

4. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

so much YES to the sleeping problems! The last week I keep waking up somewhere between 2-4a and I can't go back to sleep for hours, if at all. It's sort of killing me. I'm so jealous of you ladies who are off work for the summer! Not only am I still working full time, we just got a mandate to increase hours indefinitely. I was working about 45 hrs/week and now it looks like it'll be more like 50. And a toddler. And fitting in now every-2-week doc appts. I'm so tired guys.

I am SORT OF in a nesting mode. I don't know if I'm nesting so much as I'm finally past the vacation I was dreading and now I feel like okay, I have 3 months to do ALL THE THINGS lol. We got LO1 moved into her big bed last weekend and (knock wood) it is going great-- so proud of her! Also really focusing hardcore on potty training since we got back from our trip 2 weeks ago and finally making some really good progress there. Started planning the nursery (navy and coral!), but it will be at least a month before I can really make anything happen there-- especially with my work craziness and non-sleeping.

Congrats to those of you who passed your GD test! I just took mine today, results next week. I had a really positive visit with my doc today. He got my surgical notes from my c-section and after reviewing them, now feels that if I go into labor on my own I have a good shot of successful vbac! it's a big "if" because I went to 41.1 last time with no progress towards being close to labor. But the fact that he thinks its very possible if I do go into labor is the best news I've heard about it so far. So basically the plan is as I get closer to labor, depending on how uncomfortable I am, I can pick a c-section date any time between 39-42 weeks. Then if I go into labor before, I try to vbac, if not, I rcs. It feels good to sort of have a plan. Right now I"m eyeing October 9 as a potential RCS date, barring my getting crazy uncomfortable or something. That's 41+5, and a Monday (which means we have a whole week of LO being in daycare to distract her from me spending 4 days in the hospital). I'm slightly sad it won't be a Sept birthday probably (unless I decide to schedule and earlier RCS), but I really want to give kiddo a chance to come on her own as long as I can stand being pregnant that long! haha

5. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: I'll have to go back in August at 33 weeks and the start of the school year is always so long and exhausting so I'm sure I'll be pretty miserable then!

@Mae: omg that sucks about work!! But yay for potty training! I hope you get the birth you wish for! Babies are so unpredictable 😂

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: no couch yet. I finally told DH last night (because the giant boxes barring our way into the living room aren't enough of an indication) that he needs to make it a priority. He keeps focusing on the garage -_-;;

My office feels insanely hot, but we've been having issues with the a/c units at work, so it may not be entirely me.

@Mae: I could have written your first few lines about sleep! I crash at around 7/8/9pm, and then I'm up at 2/3/4am for at least two hours. It's horrible. I feel like a zombie. Yay for potty training!! And I love navy and coral .

It must be such a relief to have a plan together for birth; I feel like RCS vs. VBAC is such a heavy thing to weigh on you. Your plan sounds awesome :).

7. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mae: that is good news about your Dr. feeling positive of a vbac! October is a cool month to be born so try not to feel sad if you end up delivering then! I live your color combo for the nursery too. Yay for F with potty training!

8. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cheesetomywhine: my birthday is october and I love it so it's cool... I just kinda wanted this baby to have a sept birthday bc I like sapphire a lot better than opal. Totally legit reason right?

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: pregnancy insomnia is the worst. I remember sleeping better with a newborn than my last few months of pregnancy. Love the nursery colours! We started potty training two weeks ago too! Pee is going really well but we're still having some poop accidents and she often goes in her pull up overnight. I do wonder if I got to her just as she woke up if she'd make it to the potty first. Yay for vbac. That's great news. I'm an oct baby so I think they are great! It was a bit of a mental block for me for this baby to be scheduled in August!

@Boopers: so you have to go back for a few weeks then have the baby? That's sounds a bit odd, and would suck! Enjoy the downtime while you have it.

@StrawberryBee: omg, the garage?! I would be getting my rage out! We have to move the queen bed out of our spare room and over to my parents place and DH is just dragging his feet on it. It's driving me up the wall!

10. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: yep, the start of the school year for teachers is mid August. My maternity leave/FMLA coverage doesn't start until I have the baby so I have to go back and start the school year and stay until I have the baby. In terms of timing I'm hoping to go on or past my due date so that I don't have to go back until after winter vacation is over in January.

@StrawberryBee: @Banana330: my DH doesn't feel the same pressure to get our long list of home projects complete like I do, that's for sure! I basically have to keep nagging until he says "just tell me what you need me to do", but then when I tell him what I need I can tell he is less than enthused to do it 😜

11. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Does anyone's LO get into painful positions? He likes to wedge himself into my right side and simultaneously push out towards my stomach and back towards my kidney. I know it's not a contraction because I can feel his body on the right side and it's soft of the left side of my stomach. It takes my breath away and I have to pause whatever I'm doing until it passes. I never had this with my first.

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: Fingers crossed you get to stay off til jan!
    i'm really bad at figuring out positions with babies. I do get a lot of lower right side round ligament pain that feels almost like a stitch and stops me in my tracks sometimes.

13. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Boopers: I have a similar situation where I'm on summer break now from teaching but go back at the end of August at like 36 weeks. I'm a little nervous for how that's going to go as well!

And yes - I can definitely feel this baby get into some uncomfortable positions when they are moving around!!

14. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Just had my growth ultrasound, things are looking good! Baby is now about 2.6 lbs and has definitely gained some chub cheeks! It was fun to see him again! I got hot and nauseous during the scan, so the tech had me lay on my left side. I was afraid of puking! I guess the weight of uterus and baby was really pressing down on the blood supply, since I was on my back.

Doing pretty good otherwise, I'm looking forward to having some time off for the 4th of July. Hope everyone has a great weekend ahead!

15. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Boopers: I think we have the same due date and I'm hoping to not have to go back til after break too! It's a mental thing...new year, new start.

16. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mae: haha my birthday is in sept and I do love sapphires! If baby comes early for me it'll have a peridot...which isn't my favorite so I feel you. My necklace has a platypus with an opal though so I am also partial to them.

17. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: meanwhile, I'm a November baby and I'm envious of you opals while I'm stuck with nasty citrine

@Banana330: There are some extenuating circumstances with the garage ;). When we moved out of our old house he got permission from the neighbor to store some things in her secondary garage (one of which being a classic car that does not currently drive under its own power...we had nowhere to store it with the gap in time between settlements). Then our neighbor passed away a week after we moved out, and we didn't even find out for a month. Her son is being very understanding but we need to get the rest of the stuff out of their garage, which means making room in our new one.

But really, this just boils down to we have too much crap and I don't know everything he kept in the garage. I'm a very methodical person: go through everything you have, put it into like piles, figure out what you're selling at the yard sale, and figure out the best way of organizing everything back in the garage so that you can freaking find it again. Nothing drives me crazier than "I know I have this _____ but I don't know where it is so I'm going to buy another one." The garage is currently a hot mess but he spends all this time and I never see any identifiable progress....just the same stuff shifted to a different spot, and still no organization to be had!

@Bibliolove: aww! wow, 2.6lbs already...

It's going to be July so soon...!

18. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

Sooooo, I am starting to get SUPER paranoid about an early delivery. My actual due date is 10/2, but I really can't even imagine making it that far at this point. DH has been out of town the past two days and I know I am way overdoing it with my kids--but it's really hard to slow down with a 3 and 4 year old, even though they are pretty easygoing. We leave tomorrow to go out of town for the next week (driving) and I am really looking forward to it. I was repacking my maternity tub today and decided to pull some older stuff out and just threw it in a bag so I'll actually have a hospital bag packed this time "just in case." I started to have some sharp pains for a little bit tonight and it just has me totally freaked out! Not like labor pains, but enough to make me really feel like I need to have a sit down with my doctor at my next appointment and figure out a game plan (I delivered in less than 3 hours with my first and only about 20 minutes with my 2nd).

19. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: sounds like potty training is going great! We're doing pretty good with pee too, no accidents in her undies in over a week now. But yea.. poop is harder. She is holding it for like 2 days at a time then going in her diaper at nap or overnight. Sigh lol. We aren't trying for overnight potty training right now though.

@Boopers: omg YES. My first LO did too. Both of them are super fond of sitting upright and stretching out to squish both my lungs and bladder. Or just kick my bladder. Or kick my cervix. Dislike. I actually went back to look because I remembered writing a post about it last pregnancy, and right at 28 weeks I was so uncomfortable with this! But then by 30 weeks LO flipped head down and stayed and I was a lot more comfortable.

@matador84: oh man I remember your delivery story with your 2d, so crazy! Hopefully you come up with a plan that makes you feel comfortable.

20. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

So I failed my 1 hr glucose test. UGH. In a weird sequence of events I found out at my appointment yesterday, because my OB's office is being reno'd and the painters unplugged their lab printer (which no one noticed for a week?), so they never saw my results when they should have come in. I was 158 and the cutoff is 135. 200 is automatic fail. My mother suggested that maybe I could help with that by losing 5 lbs 🙄. Yeah no, that's not how it works, but thanks mom. I've gained no weight so far this pregnancy, but I appreciate the non professional 'medical' advice. 3 hour test is scheduled for July 8th.

In more positive news, had another ultrasound and baby girl is still looking good, 2lb 8oz, 158 bpm. Still breach. I'm still in denial about giving birth lol.

I have a lot of right hip pain at times, so picked up a body pillow to put between my legs. Sometimes it feels like it might give out. Tried doing a little weeding and felt close to passing out, so no more of that and sorry new neighbors for the crappy flower beds! DH took the hint and set up the sofa this weekend, and then we spent the rest of it trying to find the power cord to the tv, which he apparently packed in a box labeled with my step sons name. You know, not with the base or the remote, or the hdmi cables, or even somewhere near the same room. Why 😂 .

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: yay for baby girl looking good. Sorry about the GD test. woo hoo for the couch!

Physio can help with the hip pain. I love my snoogle.. I seriously couldn't sleep without it.

We had a party for DH on sat, it was really fun but I spent the whole time running around and my feet were so sore by bedtime I couldn't fall asleep without Tylenol. I definitely have to be careful not to over do it now.

22. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

So last Thursday at my 27 week appointment my doctor measured my belly and I'm measuring at 31 weeks vs 27. She didn't seem overly concerned but scheduled an ultrasound for the end of July to check the baby's weight/height and see what position he's in. My first DD was breech (didn't know until pushing her out) and my second DD was sunnyside up with her cord around her neck. I'm hoping that this little guy will come out easier than his sisters and wait till his due date. Selfishly I would like to not have to go back to work after my maternity leave until the new year and to give him the time he needs inside to grow properly. My GD test came back normal so that is a positive.

23. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: sorry about having to retest, hopefully the 3hr comes out right!

I'm also starting to have a harder time with things. Went to the zoo Sunday and I was SO SORE yesterday. I have only gained 2lb so it's not more weight, just everything moving. Ugh.

My good news is I just heard I passed my gd test! Starting to think more about nursery too. Getting to the fun part

24. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: This is how crazy I am about my snoogle...we are currently road tripping and broke the drive in half. I realized when we were already at our final vacation destination that I left it in the hotel and slept ONE night without it--I bought another yesterday! I'm laying on it right now propped up to help with my reflux/heartburn. I love it soooo much. I figure at least now I will bring one to the hospital and have one to keep at home.

Y'all, I will say that I took my 3 and 4 year old to the zoo today solo for 5 hours with NO breaks other than stopping to sit for a bit and eat some snacks. I pulled them well over a mile in a wagon (probably 70+ pounds combined), which was super stupid of me but it made me more motivated to work out the rest of this pregnancy to stay in shape!

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@babybunnylove: I've been measuring bigger this time too. I wonder if it's a second baby thing rather than just a bigger baby.

@Mae: Yay for passing the GD test. I'm getting slow. Whenever I try and walk at a normal pace I get braxton hicks and weird bladder pressure.

@matador84: DH tries to steal my snoogle all the time. Last night he came home and asked if I had woken him up to ask to move over... I was having trouble rolling from side to side with my snoogle and he was crowding me.

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

I just had my 30 week appointment. I forgot how quick and annoying these middle appointments are. It takes me 45 min to get to the doc, 10 min appt, then home. Everything looked good, and belly has only grown 1cm in the last week. She's still measuring ahead so they aren't worried.

27. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: when did they start measuring your stomach? they haven't done that to me yet. i don't remember from last time!

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: at least the last two appointments maybe three (26,28,30 weeks).

29. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: interesting. I had one appointment last week at 26 weeks and they didn't do it. But they did do an u/s that appt so they knew exactly how big the baby was. I have my next appt at 28 weeks so we'll see if they do it then.

30. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: interesting, I think my dr has bmmeasured me at least since 16 weeks, if not earlier.

I got a massage the other night and I am still sore two days later! It was one of the best massages I've ever had but definitely really deep tissue. So he worked out my tough spots and it was kind of mind blowing how tight my back and hips were!

31. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Mae: my doctor just started measuring at 28 weeks which was this Monday.

32. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I have a doctor's appointment next week and am really looking forward to talking to my doctor. I have had a lot of weird pain lately that I haven't ever had with my other two kids and it's making me really anxious about an early labor. I was getting ready for bed on Saturday night and something happened and I completely could not take a deep breath. I could tell DH was totally freaked out because I said if this kept up we would have to go to the hospital (which isn't like me at all), so I laid down and subsequently fell asleep and woke up the next morning and was fine.

I realized today while at the chiropractor I probably only have 10-14 weeks left MAX! I only have a few things left to do:

-Finish packing a bag for hospital
    -Decide if we are getting a new infant seat/buy it (ours expires in November, so ultimately we'll have to get one anyway)
    -Clean out closets in DS and DD room's
    -Wash NB clothing from my DS and DD (closer to due date)
    -Get some gender neutral clothing to get through first week or so

That's about it and we are "baby-ready!"

33. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: I'm sorry you're having so many issues, I hope it resolves soon!

We are definitely in the home stretch now... feels so weird. I still don't feel like we've really done anything, but we are just starting to work on it at least...? Thinking about the nursery and have plans to clean out the room that will be the nursery weekend after next. Once that's done, I feel like we'll really be ready to roll. Paint, furniture, and then I can sort out all our old clothes and figure out what we have/what we need. I still have a list of stuff to buy (extra car seat bases, extra monitor camera, etc) but I'm waiting to buy anything until the nursery is about done because I don't want it sitting around the house for the next 2.5-3 months.

34. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mae: my ob starts measuring fundal height at 20 weeks.

@matador84: oh goodness the breathing thing is scary! Do you feel this baby is higher than your other two were? I hope your ob gives you some answers and reassurance!

As of yesterday I'm officially in the 3rd tri! I can't believe we are getting so close!

Also, I just found out I passed my 1 hour glucose test! 🎉

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I've had a few episodes of a weird chest tightening, like a braxton hicks that takes my breath away and I can't take a deep breath. They eventually pass but are super uncomfortable when they are happening. I've had a few evenings of random lower back pain/ period cramps feeling, but I rested and drank lots of water and they eventually stopped. Summer pregnancy is no joke, I feel like I need to rest alot more this time!

@Mae: @matador84: I feel like nesting is totally hanging over my head right now. I want it done but lack the energy to do it. I did manage to get DH to help me build/secure two GIANT pax wardrobes for DD1's new big girl room. I'm hoping we can do a few drawers a night and get it mostly sorted by the end of the week. Our house is an absolute disaster since we had to partially empty the room to get access to the walls for the wardrobe. DH still needs to move the queen bed to my parents place and I need to sort through everything and we need to build DD's bed. I'm not even sure when we'll switch her, but I want it sorted before August!

@Boopers: Yay for passing.

Happy 4th of July to the American Bees...

We had a great long weekend for Canada Day here, got lots done and managed to get some family fun in too.

36. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

Happy fourth to Americans and happy belated Canada day!

I had my glucose test yesterday and felt grumpy most of the day afterward. I've been organizing and had to take frequent breaks. I also got the Tdap shot, which hurt more than expected afterward.

I'm thinking way, way ahead and getting our guest room set up a bit. We're going to have out of town visitors during my leave, so I'd prefer getting it ready now rather than later!

Otherwise, just planning on calling a pediatrician to make sure they are taking new patients and also trying to figure out if we will circumcise. I'm very conflicted on this issue. Does anyone have experience with it? That had boys?

37. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Bibliolove: we chose not to circumcise our first and won't our second. We feel it is unnecessary, but I respect that others feel differently about it.

My friend just had a son and her pediatrician did a plastibell and my friend was very happy with it. She said it took about 6 days for the tissue to die and come off. I think it really depends on the type of procedure your pediatrician does, so I would ask and see what you're comfortable with!

38. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Bibliolove: we circ'ed and the ped did a plastibell. it was just fine and not a big deal at all!

39. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Bibliolove: I'm with ya mama. Had my glucose test and tdap today too and just feeling like a grump. Hoping it's just a sugar crash haha.

I feel like I'm in the planning stages of nesting, but don't have the energy to start. I really want to finish by the end of August before I go back to school. We are going car shopping this weekend since my lease is ending, so I'm hoping once we figure out what car to buy I'll be able to start. Just trying to decide between a minivan and a 3 row SUV.

40. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: We test drove a Honda Odyssey and Pilot and ended up going with the Pilot. I don't have one regret and I really wanted the Odyssey! I am loving the Pilot so much. We took both our kids with us and I brought the old infant seat also so I could figure out the best way to arrange the car seats with 3 kids.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee