Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@matador84: Thanks, those are two we are looking at. It's nice to hear how they work for others! I've read great things about both!! I'm leaning towards the minivan and my dh is leaning towards an SUV. So we'll see!

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Two nights ago I got woken up with the worst charlie horse EVER! My calve is still sore two days later! I'm not sure I got these last time. It's awful!

I'm really slowing down now. DH got DD1's big girl closets built and finished last night so i'm up for starting to fill them.

I'm really lacking motivation to do anything though. I'm sure i'll feel better once it's done.

3. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: that is exactly how i was before we went to test drive and during the test drive. even the salesperson said though--in a few years (my kids are 3 and 4), you won't want the minivan anymore, you'll be happier with an SUV. We ended up finding a great deal on a 4wd touring model 2014 and I have been SO happy with it. I especially love the bench, whereas on the new Pilots the trim line model I would have gotten only has captain's chairs.

@Banana330: I just started getting charly horses in the past few nights! My sleep has been really, really poor. I've been up 4-5 times to pee and I'm cutting myself off with water at 7, but it isn't making a difference. I'm also waking up with pounding headaches. BUT, it's better than all the vomiting I had with both of me kids so I guess I'll take it.

4. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: oh yes the vomiting is back.. I can't be around dishes or leftovers without puking! I know it's like all of sudden my sleep went to crap. I've asked DH to pick up some coconut water today to see if that helps me a bit.

5. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

So I'm fairly certain I failed my glucose tolerance test with a result of 148 I am waiting to hear back from my doctor but I'm guessing I will have to take the 3 hour test next? I'm super disappointed and surprised....

6. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@matador84: I'm curious to see if that's how I'll feel too. So you like the bench seat better than the captain's chairs? Everything I keep reading recommends the captains chairs, but you have to go up like 3 models to get them.

@Banana330: That sounds so painful! I hate getting woken up like that too - it scares the crap out of you!

@Mrs. K: ugh sorry. Hope they get back to you soon!

7. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: same boat T_T. My 3 hour is scheduled for Saturday morning. My coworker's daughter just did hers today and threw up 10 minutes before it was over, which may negate the results. I'm planning on making sure I have a good protein-packed dinner before bedtime tomorrow night!

@Mamag511: I have an Odyssey, for what it's worth ;). I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either! I love the sliding doors.

8. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh that's good to know! I felt fine with the one hour test but I'm nervous about not passing the 3 hour test- which I just found out I will be taking tomorrow. Good luck to you and keep me posted!

Mamag511: thank you!

9. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: For us we needed 4wd, so we really had to get around the Touring or Elite model on the newer. I loved the bench seating because it was more minivan like--in fact, the pilot was the only SUV I could find anywhere that has LATCH for I believe it is 4 car seats. If we had the bench, it would be LATCH for 3. THere was a really good diagram on the CSFL website that shows where the latch is in all vehicles currently on the market!

10. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: those are the worst! I had one a few days ago. I almost never get leg cramps!

My sleep has officially turned to shit. I'm going back on Unisom at night, starting tonight. Ugh!

In happy news, we are having a small baby shower in a few weeks and I'm blown away by the generosity of people.

11. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mrs. K: good luck!

12. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Boopers: thanks for the info! @matador84: good to know!

Sorry for multiple posts everyone, I'm on my tablet and can't seem to get the hang of responding all at once.

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: good luck, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

@Bibliolove: baby shower! ❤

14. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

Ive been working in a temp office on the second floor for the past few months and today I recieved my new, (still temp) office which is now on the first floor extremely close to a bathroom. I am thrilled. Haha.

15. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Mrs. K: how'd your test go?

16. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@YouGotMe: I showed up to the lab prepared with books and Netflix downloaded onto my phone only to find out my doctor hadn't ordered the lab yet it finally got put in so I will be going tomorrow morning! Thanks for checking in ❤️ My doctor did say there's a chance I'll pass the 3 hour test since I was so close to the cut off. Fingers crossed! How are you feeling?

@strawberrybee: I'll be thinking of you while I'm in the lab tomorrow!! Good luck!!

17. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: ugh, i hate charlie horses! I'm still having lots of leg cramps. My doc gave me stretches to do before bed that definitely help but i keep forgetting. But I've been woken up by them the last 2 nights so I really need to remember tonight! I get them both in my calves and also my shins. It's so unpleasant.

I'm feeling really anxious to get moving on the nursery now but it just feels like there is so much waiting to do yet. I don't feel like we can really do anything until we get the room cleaned out, which we can't do until NEXT weekend. (To be honest, we probably could do it this weekend but we are waiting until my brother can babysit our toddler for us to do it because I'm really trying to encourage their relationship). So clean out room next weekend. Paint the weekend after that. Furniture the weekend after that (I hope). And THEN I'll have the space to sort clothes, figure out what we need, start doing some real shopping since I"ll have a place to put shit... etc. Realistically I know we still have time but I'm just ready to have it all done.

Also.... does anyone else just feel like they are cranky ALL THE TIME? I swear to God I feel like I've been angry/super stressed since February. I DO think I've had a particularly stressful/annoying year. Random things keep popping up that are dumb and I have to deal with (example: today I tried to refill my diclegis and the price went up from $40 to $170 for no gd reason, it just did and there is nothing to be done about it-- which took me 3 phone calls to discover). And work has been really crazy. So I think to at least some extent I have *reasons* to feel so frustrated and upset a lot of the time. But also I think I used to be better at dealing with this? And something about being pregnant is just making me feel very... fuck it I hate everyone...ish. I'm trying to sort out an attitude adjustment for myself bc being pissed off all the time is not really helping anything. But it's getting increasingly hard the more tired and huge I feel too..

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: so wait, you fasted and showed up only to find out you couldn't take it? I'd be pissed 😰

So we're testing buddies! Good luck tomorrow!!

@Mae: yes, I feel in general I've been pretty bitchy. DD woke me up two hours ago from a dead sleep, so I got pretty irritated at her. Feeling like a crap mom right now. I'm now wide awake, fixated on not eating anything, and have read way too much about GD.

Also had a bottle of seltzer water spray all over me and my desk this morning at work and cried.

All I want to do is eat ice cream right now 😅

19. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: yes, thats been me lately. My tolerance level is low and I get so annoyed at little things. Argh!! And I'm sick of work. And I feel like I should get a parking spot close to the damn building I work in instead of the lot far, far away. But I don't have the seniority. I don't have real reasons to be too annoyed, I just am more so.

20. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@StrawberryBee: yes but it wasn't so bad because I went straight to the lab when they opened at 7am... otherwise I would have been really annoyed!! And hungry.... let me know how tomorrow goes!

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: gotcha :). That's what I'm doing...lab opens at 8.

I think she may have just flipped! Or at the very least executed some sort of dolphin maneuver. Lots of unusual movements going on.

22. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Fruit punch flavored drink consumed. And now...I wait.

23. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mrs. K: @StrawberryBee: Good luck today ladies!!!

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: thanks! I wish I could take a nap lol

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

All done! And I didn't need my emergency nausea bag 😂.

@Mrs. K: I hope yours goes smoothly!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Is anyone planning to breastfeed, and if so, have you looked into pumps? Since it's been over three years since my last one, I'm eligible for a free breast pump again. Just placed my order for a spectra s2, though they won't bill insurance and ship until 2 months before my due date (holy crap, I just realized that's in like a week or so).

Also planning on stalking Amazon prime day for any good baby deals!

27. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm planning to breastfeed again and pump at work. Last time I had a Medela PISA, but I'm hoping that my insurance covers the Spectra S2 this time around. From what I remember they won't fill the prescription or ship until a month out from my due date, so I'll have to wait and see what I can get. If they don't offer the Spectra, I'll just get another Medela and use my old pump as a backup pump.

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Boopers: when I called my insurance I got the same helpful but inaccurate guy I got before and I couldn't get him to give me a time frame (I remember one from last time as well but couldn't remember what it was) so I decided to just place the order and hope for the best ;). I had the medela freestyle before. Wish they were open systems!

29. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@strawberrybee @ mamag511: thanks ladies! Test is over thank goodness and it went smoother than I thought. I only felt a little lightheaded here and there but didn't have any issues until I got home. I ate half a banana in the car and then by the time I got home I was in full hypoglycemic mode, probably the worst I've ever experienced. But got my breakfast down and feeling much more human!! Whew! @strawberrybee: glad you didn't have to use the pukey bag!! Now we will wait!

30. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs. K: I couldn't believe how sweet that stuff was! Glad to hear you weathered it well. I'm probably going to stalk my doctor on Tuesday.

31. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: I just ordered mine through insurance. They didn't even ask any questions even though it's the second one I've gotten in 2.5 years. Mine will be here this week I believe! I got the medela without the tote bag. I had the PISA last time so I figured I'd just switch out the pump.

@Boopers: I had the same thought about using my old PISA as a backup!

32. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: I plan on getting the Spectra 2 I think. They won't let me order one til 30 days from due date though. However, the connected building to my workplace is moving out and there goes the pump room I was planning on. So now I don't know what I will do. The rest of the lactation rooms are clear across campus.

33. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I will probably nurse this next one--I nursed LO1 for 13 months and LO2 for 29 months. With the last baby I had the most amazing Medela pump, it was a tiny little box and so easy to hook up and transport! I haven't even done any research on any other pumps. If my insurance covers another, I may get another as a back up, but if they don't, I'll just use what I have.

34. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: nice!

@Bibliolove: hopefully we both like the spectra. I'm going to have to read up on how to get bigger flanges though. Sorry to hear about the loss of your pump room, that's awful

@matador84: I made it 7 months before my supply tanked and it just wasn't worth pumping any more. Wow, 29!

35. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: FRUIT PUNCH FLAVOUR? I have only ever had orange. I'm jealous haha

I'm planning on breastfeeding but I won't need a pump. I nursed LO1 for 15 months and I only pumped after 11 months. I cannot produce anything for a pump I was lucky to get an ounce out of two pumping sessions.

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: orange was the one hour flavor and fruit punch was the three hour (twice the sugar because my doctor made me do it! Lol). Pretty sickly sweet.

I wish I could have just nursed, pumps can be such a pain compared to nursing. All that setup and sterilization and having no control over how long it takes while sitting at work. Not to mention scheduling meetings around my pumping sessions.

37. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: Oh I bet pumping at work sounds like no fun and a lot of extra work. I am very lucky that I was able to stay home most of the year and will be able to again.

38. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: I know, she would have gone longer if I'd let her but at that point I had been nursing for over 3 years straight practically and was over it. I stopped pumping at work probably around a year with both kids though--I had like 0 stash with my first kid, but my supply was so crazy with the second not only did I have a huge freezer stash I donated over 400 oz to a milk bank.

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: I'm very lucky to have an office where I can pump. No lock on the door but I put out a sign and barricaded it a bit with one of my guest chairs as an added deterrent (sign went over the doorknob, so you'd have to be pretty thick to ignore it). It was annoying to have to remind people that they couldn't schedule meetings with me at certain times.

@matador84: I don't blame you for being over it! Amazing that you were able to help out other babies in need.

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm going to try to breastfeed again (rough road with my LO1 leading to EPing from 2-5 mo before finally giving up). Haven't even thought about a pump. Should prob get on that lol. I had the medela PISA last time i think...? I still have it but it would be nice to have a new one. I plan to leave one pump at work so it'd be nice to have one at home too probably. I don't even remember how I go about getting one.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee