Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Also can I just say how much I am NOT looking forward to pumping at work? I'm lucky that we have a nice pumping room with a recliner, sink, and mini fridge. And they're going to set me up with a laptop so I can work while pumping. But just the time suck of going to/from/cleanup every time-- ugh. I bill my time and have daily hour goals to hit so 10 min here and there is a BIG deal. I'm really hoping I can reduce my hours at least a little bit when I go back but I sort of doubt it

2. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: My OB always wrote an RX for the pump and then I just had to drop it off with a medical supply place and they gave me the pump for free.

I am so lucky to have an office to myself and my own fridge! I just lock my door, put on my hands free bra and pump away. I just keep a ton of extra pumping supplies on hand. When I was teaching I would always forget something--whether a bag or a pump part and sometimes have to go the day w/o pumping and it was the most awful thing!!

3. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@StrawberryBee: I know I was debating showing up with my own oversized mason jar filled with ice and a straw to make it a little more palatable

4. Mrs. K

apricot / 308 posts

@strawberrybee: so I got two of my levels back already and the 1 hour was good but the two hour was high.... I have a bad feeling that the 3 hour one will be high too 😜 Ugh... this sucks!

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: I hope it goes smoother for you this time! EP would suck, kudos to you for making it that far last time. For me (aetna) I just had to place an order with yummymummystore and give them my dr info and insurance info. I'd use my old one but I'm a little concerned something may be growing inside because it can't really be cleaned internally? I'll replace the outer pump parts and tubes and good idea to leave it at work as a backup. It only took you ten minutes to pump? I was like 30-40 0_o.

@matador84: I have a babies r us super close and actually ran out to buy a missing part when I forgot it at home. Forgetting parts is the worst!

@Mrs. K: nooooooo. Ugh, I hope the last one comes back below!

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

FYI, targets having a baby sale . $20 gift card if you spend $100 and scan the coupon (available in the app or by texting a code word).

7. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: no no I always pumped at least 20 minutes but I will have a laptop to work while actually pumping. So I figure 5 min to walk to room and get set up, 5 min to clean up and get back to my office... I'll prob lose at least 10 min with each pump session. And I work 9 hr days so I'll prob have to pump 3 times at work at first at least.

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: ok, whew, I thought I was abnormal 😅. Can you "borrow" the time from your lunch? Do you not get counted for time while using the ladies room or going on a smoke break? (Last one is a bad example, but I always wonder how smokers account for their time. At my office they made it so that no one can smoke on property, so now the die hards walk across the street)

9. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: Thanks for the target info! I've been waiting for one of these deals to stock up on a few things!

10. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: lol I'm a lawyer I don't get lunch. And no any time I'm not actively working for a client doesn't count. Most of the time I have to bill 8 hrs which is so-able in 9 hrs if I don't spend too much time chatting or go out for lunch. But right now I have to bill 9 hrs which means I'm actually going in early most days trying to bill 9 in 9.5 hrs (which is REALLY hard) or working from home at night. But with 30 min wasted pumping I don't know that I could typically bill 8 in 9 hrs anyways. I think it will be a challenge.

11. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: welcome! They also apparently offer a $50 GC if you spend over $250.

@Mae: gotcha, that makes sense. Sounds like a challenge.

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Somehow I missed all these posts!

I don't have coverage for a pump, but last time I barely got any milk pumping. Luckily I'll be home for the year so it shouldn't be a huge deal.

I'm exhausted all the time now. I napped both sat and sun while DD1 napped and I still went to bed by 9:30pm both nights. I had the worst night's sleep on friday and I wonder if that's still catching up with me. I'm slightly nervous about the newborn exhaustion + a toddle factor.

13. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: I am struggling with sleep too and I know I am looking rough, so I'm trying to drink a ton of water--yet cut myself off at the same time because I'm up between 4-6 times a night to pee! My kids have been getting 1 hour of quiet time/movie in the afternoons so I can lay down because I am just so zapped. It's been hard to get motivated but we did manage to get a lot of stuff done this weekend.

I have my next appointment on Wednesday and then I should be going to every 2 week appointments with a sono usually around the 30th week.

14. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: @matador84: I feel like I'm sleeping my life away. I fell asleep at 6:30 on Friday!

Less movement today.

I called my dr this morning but they didn't have the results yet. I have an appointment tomorrow at 3 so hopefully I'll find out then about my 3 hour.

15. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I had my OB appointment today. All I ended up with was needing to schedule my 35 week ultrasound. It's so close yet so far away.

I've been sleeping a ton too. It doesn't help that LO woke me up at 5am this morning.

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

hi all! had an appt today. went well. got measured and everything is on track. I'll have another u/s in 2 weeks to check my placenta again, to make sure it isn't move back towards my cervix. no other real updates.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Sounds like everyone is chugging along well. I have my 32 week appointment today. It's crazy this baby will be here in 7 weeks!

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Results back: I have GD. Not even sure where to go from here; I have to schedule three additional appointments (nutritionist, high risk OB, and level 1 ultrasound), and I'm not sure how I'm going to get to all of them while doing everything I am at work. I feel very defeated right now. I want to quit.

19. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: Hugs mama.

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: that sucks. You'll find a way to make it work.

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: thanks I just feel like the nutritionist is going to see me as being difficult, but there's a lot I don't eat and I just can't see myself forcing myself to start consuming them. I hate breakfast. I don't eat sausage, or eggs, or cheese, or pork products of any sort. I don't eat seafood. I can barely make myself eat a normal meal, and now I have to go shopping for speciality foods and track everything I consume? When? Even today I had to forego the tdap and skip setting up the nutritionist appointment to race back for a crucial meeting at work (an answer I've been waiting weeks on that I literally need for the head of our national company). I'm in bed just wallowing in self pity right now. It's silly because there are so many things that could be so much worse, but I feel like I've just barely been scraping by.

Meanwhile, baby is still measuring right on track and I haven't gained a single pound...I weigh exactly the same as I started. This pregnancy has been so weird.

22. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: I'm so sorry. I hope that because you haven't gained anything and baby seems appropriately sized they take it easy on the extreme diet for you. I totally understand your feelings. Work is nuts and I'm such a picky eater. It would be super hard to "just eat xyz" for me. I hope it all goes well once you have the appt.

23. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: thanks I just really, really don't want to be induced. They forced me to make an appointment for induction with my first at the hospital before I was even overdue, and that was a textbook pregnancy ("it's hard to get an appointment, so you'll want to schedule it now!"). I gave birth exactly one week past my due date, before my nst and before that appointment. Of course if they notice a lack of growth/failing placenta that's one thing, but I don't want GD alone to be an excuse. I'm supposed to submit my numbers weekly to the nutritionist once I meet with them, and pray that diet and exercise alone keeps things manageable. I think maybe I get followed by the high risk weekly as well? That part is kind of a blur. Not sure where all this extra time is coming from. I feel like I could manage this if I wasn't also working full time.

My two hour was way above baseline, but I can't remember the number she read off to me. One and two were off, and three was 2 points shy of being off. At least fasting was ok, which gives me hope.

It's 1am and I have a huge headache from crying and feel nauseous and acid refluxy. Pity party for one!

24. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: Totally understandable. It's a lot! This is all so hard. What kind of work do you do? Like I said the other day, I'm just feeling so overwhelmed and cranky with life lately. It's so hard to work full time (+) and manage all these appointments. Plus have another kid. And a partner who works full time (+). And now we are having some really serious issues with our daughter's daycare so this week alone I had a doctor's appointment, an appointment this morning to tour a new daycare, and then we are in the midst of scheduling an appointment to talk to the owner of our current daycare either end of this week or early next week. I hate every time I have to send 'round and email about being out for another appointment but like-- there is literally nothing I can do. I can't not take care of myself while pregnant. I can't not make sure my daughter is safe at school every day. And no one I work with has kids. They try to be understanding but it's just not the same as working with people who KNOW. I feel like I"m constantly apologizing, and constantly feeling guilty for letting down work, my husband, my daughter, and I'm just so fucking tired.

25. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

My appt was great this morning. I was shocked that I've only gained 3 lbs because it feels more like 30. Shirts that lasted the last two pregnancies are already too short! He said negative for GD but I am anemic so I need to up my iron intake. I don't eat meat hardly ever so I need to research other ways to get iron in before I switch back to my prenatal with iron which makes me sick.

I go back in 3 weeks for a sono and visit.

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: I work in finance for a national homebuilder. Thankfully my department is awesome; they "get" it (lots of young families in our little group), but I also have a work ethic which makes it hard for me to juggle personal and professional life without sacrificing personal. I'm sorry you don't have anyone in your work group who has actually experienced pregnancy and family concerns :(. You're completely right that they can sympathize to some level, but no one really gets it until they live it.

Remember that you aren't letting your husband and daughter down (they're the ones who really matter!), they understand. It broke my heart to have my daughter ask me why I was crying yesterday. I could have been crying for a completely different reason, and not over missed cake. I had a rough morning but decided to have a turkey sandwich for lunch (on whole wheat). What the hell, I have no idea what my levels are until I get my glucometer anyway.

Funny you should mention the email about appointments! I've been on the phone all morning with the three groups.
    The Diabetes Center (two appointments, one tomorrow with a nurse to get the glucometer, one Friday with the nutritionist/dietitian). U/S which I'm doing next Tuesday and apparently I'd better be in their office by 9:15 or I'll be turned away. Nurse at the high risk OB who I guess I don't actually see, she gathers my numbers every week and shares them with the OB, and if he feels changes need to be made he discusses them with her and she then discusses them with me. That seems to be fairly easy...she said that over 5 high numbers would trigger that conversation, which I feel (hope) is a pretty good margin. Not to mention my normal every two week OB appointments!

@matador84: glad to hear everything went ok! What about spinach? or does kale have a lot of iron in it?

27. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@StrawberryBee: aw that sounds tough! You will make it work though! You can do this! my former coworker had GD and she went through the same thing. No complications I dont think, just an annoying tracking after eating, etc. I wouldnt worry about the weight (or rather lack of) if baby is tracking well and you are feeling well. Hang in there!!

28. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: its very hard to be in a workplace where no one else has kids. That is like my workplace, except for my boss who has two older sons. I am so thankful he is a dad, and he also takes off time for his kids stuff (one is special needs). The rest is childless and unmarried! They all assumed I was only going to take 6 weeks before coming back to work....I'm like, uhhh no.

29. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yes kale and spinach would work, I just need to add to my list and probably blend up in a shake. I guess the anemia explains how tired I am as opposed to past pregnancies--probably that combined with my age and having two kids to care for, I am seriously drained each day!

30. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: thanks

@matador84: it's so hard to know what's a normal pregnancy symptom and what has a cause that can be corrected. I always feel like the plug has been pulled on me, especially in the afternoons...was that normal exhaustion or was that due to me having sugar crashes I was unaware of? -_-

31. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

So I had my 30 week check up today. Baby is still transverse and personally, he seems very comfortable and stubborn. I'm trying all the things I can to get him to flip to head down. My doctor talked through the next steps in the event he doesn't move into the right position. 32 week ultrasound, at 36 week we would try the external turn movement at the hospital to try and flip him around and if that doesn't work, 39 week c section. I know he still has plenty of time to flip between now and then. My DD1 flipped right before/during delivery and was a surprise au-natural breech delivery and DD2 was au-natural sunny-side up, umbilical cord around her neck and hands and feet twisted around like a pretzel delivery. I have a huge huge fear of having a csection and I started to have a meltdown today. Please pray he decides to go head down before 36 weeks and stay that way for the delivery.

32. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@babybunnylove: sorry to hear! I am same way--I have no desire whatsoever to have a c section! My first child was transverse but then did flip, I ended up delivering sunny side up and cord around neck also, needed an episiotomy and vacuum delivery (I didn't have any kind of medicated birth). This one was already head down at my last sono at 20 weeks but I think may have flipped back depending on what I feel.

33. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: I hope he flips for you soon and stops causing his momma stress.

Mine was still breach last ultrasound, but I've felt her turning a lot lately, so I hope she settles head down soon and stays there.

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@babybunnylove: oh man, hopefully kiddo turns! Is there a reason you couldn't try a breech delivery? especially considering you've already done one?

Both my kiddos have loved doing somersaults in utero. I can generally tell how they are laying from about 20 weeks on (I always tell the u/s techs my opinion and have not yet been wrong so I think I'm pretty good at telling). My first daughter flipped head up/head down every several days until around 32 weeks, when she finally flipped head down and stayed that way. This kiddo is following the same pattern with flipping at least once a week. I'm 29 weeks right now and she is head up/breech today-- although Monday at my appointment she was head down! I'm hoping she flips down and stays soon because I find it a lot more comfortable when the kiddos are in proper position.

I still don't know what i'm going to do about RCS v. VBAC. I don't really have to decide until about 38 weeks but it is SUCH a hard decision. ugh.

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

All good news from my consult with the high risk OB. Baby is measuring right on track at 3lb 3oz, and if she continues in that way she’ll probably be in the 7lb range, same as my first. Currently head down (yay!!!!). She was moving a lot last night. My blood glucose numbers are “perfect normal” with the diet changes, so he’d be “very surprised” if I had to go on meds as the pregnancy progresses. As long as I don’t go on meds, he sees no need to require an early induction. Everything looked good on the ultrasound.

I'm feeling very relieved.

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yay, that's great news!

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

how's everyone doing?

I'm 6 weeks out from delivery and getting sooo uncomfortable. I'm sweaty, slow and and feel like i'm at max capacity already. Lots of braxton hicks and uncomfortable rib poking.

We're building our name short list, and we'll decide when we see her at delivery. Anyone have a name picked yet?

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: we have no names T___T. I've come up with a few and DH has put in zero input, and I'm not even sure I like any of them. I'm so bad with names.

39. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: we have a name I think, we had trouble with boy names. But I think we are set.

I had my 30 week appt, baby is getting tight in here she said. My uterus feels so tight against baby (not BH), just like a round taut drum. He must be getting bigger! My maternity work pants are too small.

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Banana330: Boy name yes, girl name no. But in all fairness - we had a boy name from last time so that gave us a head start. Def having trouble narrowing down the girls name choice though.

@StrawberryBee: great news about your appointment! Glad you are feeling some relief!

I have my 30 week appt tomorrow. Overall just feeling so huge and sore already. This heat isn't helping either. I feel terrible keeping my dd inside all day in the ac, but I just cannot handle the heat. I had a little scare last week with contractions from being dehydrated so I think I was just pushing it too hard. We're getting there ladies!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee