Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: That sounds awful! I've never heard of that.

I feel like my bump doubled in size today. Baby was super active last night and today I look the same size I did when I delivered last time. I seriously don't know how my body can handle the next five weeks.

2. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@babybunnylove: I definitely feel way more run down this pregnancy than my last. I'm chalking it up to age, but maybe it was also the GD causing sugar crashes. I no longer crawl into bed the second I get home.

@YouGotMe: I'm so sorry about your swelling, that sounds miserable!

@Mae: I've never heard of this either, how awful :(. I just did a quick search...is it Meralgia paresthetica/Bernhardt-Roth syndrome?

3. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh god I have no idea but I'm not googling that bc it sounds scary lol!!! My doc explained it all but I'm not even sure he gave the real name.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: I know, I don't think I could even pronounce it!

5. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Does anyone else work a desk job? I've been mostly grateful I'm not on my feet. But sitting in this chair 9 hrs a day is getting hard. My hips and pelvis are so stiff by the afternoon

6. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

@Mae -- Yes, I work a desk job. I feel worse on the days that I work in the office vs working from home. I have a step stool to put my feet up on and a sit/stand desk to try and not sit all day, but it's hard. If I sit at my desk longer than 1 hour, I feel like everything is very stiff and cramped.

7. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

@Banana330: I looked at a picture of my belly 2 days before I had my last DD and I'm currently bigger than that and I have 8 weeks left. I'm similar weight wise as before too. It's crazy how much things change between pregnancy.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: ya my feet seem to swell on days I'm in the office too. I love work at home days.

@babybunnylove: it's crazy! My midwife just told me #2's are often up to a lb bigger (but #3's are similar size to #1). I wouldn't mind another small one again (DD was 6lb13oz) but I have heard bigger babies sleep better!

9. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@babybunnylove: I weigh the same now as when I delivered my first (I gained 80 pounds with that pregnancy). Shirts I wore with my last two kids are way too short already and I don't want to buy more clothing when I don't have *that* much longer left.

I am REALLY STRUGGLING this past week! I'm having lots of bad heartburn so I'm really having to watch what I eat (I take 300mg of zantac daily--double what I did with the last kids) I have also had pain in my stomach, sort of like contractions but not really contractions because I know how bad those are... ...but I am realllllly really big and my next appointment isn't until 8/7 because I had to move it a week due to some meetings I can't get out of. Totally paranoid I'm going to have preterm labor!

@Mae: I have a harder time sitting than I do standing. I just went to work this week and am having bad swelling problems in my legs from the knees down--I've been in meetings 3-4 hours a day or more!

10. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: interesting, I haven't heard that! my 2nd was 3 weeks early so weighed only 6 lbs 3 oz, my 1st was 40 weeks and 6 lbs 14 oz. No idea how this one will go! I look huge, but I also was very big with baby 1 and carried A LOT of water weight.

11. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I'm taking Prilosec daily for my heartburn and it's amazing. Zantac did a number on my digestive system so I couldn't take it.

12. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: so sorry you're struggling!

I feel like I'm just having a hard day. I've just been so sore and stiff. And I swear today it even hurts to stand up straight, like my lower abs hurt or something? I almost wondered if I was having braxton hicks or something? But I didn't really have those last time so I don't know what they're about. I'm pretty sure LO flipped back to breach last Friday though and I think that's a lot of why I'm so uncomfortable. I have an u/s on thursday so I guess it will be confirmed or not then... but that's my best guess of what's going on. Or maybe its just wishful thinking bc I don't want to think it just sucks this bad for no reason with 9 weeks to go.

13. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mae: preach, I feel the same way!!

14. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

A (small) sigh of relief...for now. The ultrasound showed that this little guy is finally head down!!! He's curled up like a cashew in there, but he's head down. The tech said he's around 4.5 lbs. and estimate him to be 8 lbs at my due date. We were also told we won the "most active baby award"....he just was moving non-stop. Since he's so active, my midwife said we'll be having a few more ultrasounds the last month before my due date to keep checking on his position. A cute moment too was when the ultrasound tech showed us that he's got some hair!

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: I work a desk job, but for me the sitting part is easy. Every time I stand up it's like this ton of bricks falls straight down (right on my most sensitive part), and it's SO achey/uncomfortable. I usually have more of a problem with my hips when I've been walking a lot, which then makes getting out of bed super difficult and painful.

@matador84: I saw your other thread. How you are feeling, and are you going to try to get checked sooner than 8/7?

@babybunnylove: Congrats on being head down! and hair

16. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

The end is (kind of) near for us all! Though in reality, two months seems like a long time to me. I've got one more load of baby clothes and blankets/swaddles to wash, then I will be set I think until he arrives.

I think I was on my feet too much this past weekend, as by Monday night I could barely walk due to soreness.

What is everyone looking forward to post-birth that is unrelated to baby? For me, it's coffee, nice lingerie, and sleeping on my tummy.

17. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: I sit at my desk all day, but have a foot stool I found and a chair that leans back a bit that can rock.

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Bibliolove: I'm looking forward to cold cut sandwiches without heating up the meat, sushi and being over to bend over with ease again!

We are going to NYC next week for a wedding and I seriously don't know how I'm going to do it!

19. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Bibliolove: looking forward to FOOD! I miss sugar so much. I don't want a lot, just something. And not having to pace out carefully selected meals. I miss frappuchinos. And being able to sleep on my belly. Being past the birth so I can check on her constantly and reasssure myself that she's ok.

20. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Bibliolove: Looking forward to sushi and normal pants.

I didn't exactly give up sushi this time around but I stuck to vegetarian rolls only and it's not the same at all.

21. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Bibliolove: I'm impressed with how ready you are!! My to do list just keeps getting longer and longer!

@babybunnylove: That's great news about your ultrasound!

@matador84: I saw your other thread too. How are you feeling? Were you able to move up your appointment?

Ahh I can't wait for coffee, wine, and sleep lol. And like @StrawberryBee: said, just being able to check on this baby in person. I've had a hard time relaxing this pregnancy, so I think that's something to look forward to!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: can I say I'm looking forward to sleep? I slept way better after DD than I did in the last few weeks pregnant with her. And feeling lighter and like I can walk again.

Insomnia has kicked in big time. I try to go to bed earlier and I'm up all night and struggle to fall asleep! Then I'm exhausted all day. It's a horrible pattern.

23. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I had my 31 week checkup today. I'm at the point where I'm rotating through the various doctors in the practice before going back to my regular ob when weekly appointments start. The ob today gave me the ok to fly next week. She also checked by feel and thinks he is head down so I'm just hoping he stays that way! I was almost certain he was head down based on his kicks and hiccups, but I felt relieved when she confirmed he is head down.

Anyone have anything fun or exciting coming up pregnancy related or not?

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: I have two more days of work, that's pretty exciting. I had a bunch of leave I decided to use to shorten my work week and due to the struggles of commuting on transit etc i've been signed off for the three weeks before my c section! My student midwife was making small talk and was asking if we had any vacations planned.. i just looked at her and said i'm about to have a baby I can't really go on vacation now!

25. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: @StrawberryBee: I am feeling okay, but I am pretty certain I'll never make it to 40 weeks! I feel a lot of pressure at night especially. Just different than my other two pregnancies and it worries me.

I couldn't get out of my meetings at all next week and tried, so it looks like my appointment will stay the same.

26. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: lol you should have told her yes I'm planning on scuba diving in Aruba next week.

27. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Boopers: I have a week off stay-at-home vacation planned and that's about it, in August! I'm hoping to make some freezer meals during it. Just enjoying the rest of the summer otherwise, trying to slow down and relax before the madness of the fall.

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@babybunnylove: yay! And so cute

@Bibliolove: You are so prepared! Honestly I'm really looking forward to a break from work haha. I know that maternity leave is not a vacation. I REALLY know that. But last time I had no help. My husband worked full time and went to school at night and my family wasn't local and my friends all had jobs. This time my husband is *just* (lol) working, my parents are local, and my local bestie is a SAHM. Plus I feel like I'm going to be a lot more relaxed about the mom thing second time around... but I guess we'll see what my hormones have to say about that. Last time I didn't have an hour out of the house to myself (other than doc appts) until 7w postpartum when I had a massive breakdown and my husband sent me out to dinner with a friend. This time I think/hope with my mom being local I can actually have little breaks regularly.

@Banana330: so exciting to have some time off prior!

I had my 31 week appt today and all is well in baby land. She is finally head down and I'm hoping she'll stay that way because it is so much more comfy than when she is breech. Doc had no real suggestions for my pelvic/hip pain. Actual quote "Rachel, your pelvis is literally being ripped in two. It's going to hurt. Lay down as much as you can, and otherwise it will just suck until birth." lol. I appreciate his honesty.

My frustrating part of the day was talking to my doc about maybe getting my tubes tied. I asked about pros/cons of getting it done IF I elect to have a RCS. His opinion is that it is basically no extra risk/recovery/cost and very effective and he is fully in favor of it for me.... except the hospital I'm planning to deliver at is apparently catholic affiliated (I had no idea). Which means that they forbid elective sterilization, apparently. He said I have a decent argument that it is medically necessary because having a 3rd c-section (which would be inevitable if I had 2) at 35+ does legit put my health at risk, so he coached me through writing a letter to the ethics committee which he will back and we can see if I can get approved. But I'm having a lot of feminist rage at having to ask permission to be done having babies. Like, a LOT of rage. Sigh.

29. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Finally started going through some of the boxes in the baby's room. It's organized chaos lol. Full disclosure, here are some pics!

30. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: So exciting though! I just scheduled a weekend with some of our family to come and help us move furniture around so we can do the same thing. I cannot wait to just get it done!

@Mae: That's frustrating about your hospital. I would've had rage too with having to write a letter to them!

31. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Anyone want to share their list of things to buy or must haves for newborn? I'm working on mine, but I can't remember all the things I used for my dd when she first got here! Help jog my memory

32. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: DH offered to put the dresser together (that's the long boxes on the floor lol) so that we have a place to put things away. He hauled @ss this weekend and last and we got the powder room fully redone, and made great strides in the basement. My sister's bringing her boyfriend for the first time to meet the family next weekend, and after that is DDs birthday party, so I feel a need to have things somewhat decent.

Must haves:
    Safe place to sleep
    Sheets for above item
    Wipes
    Dipes
    Bottles if pumping or formula feeding
    Clothes
    Car seat

Better list of helpful things:
    Stroller
    PNP
    Pacis
    Boppy, my breast friend, or similar, with washable covers
    Changing pad with washable covers
    Something to help dry pump parts/bottle parts
    Someplace comfy to feed/nurse
    Nightlight for night time feedings
    Covers if nursing and you prefer that type of thing
    Comfy clothes for you to nurse in if you choose
    Nursing bras?
    Baby wearer if you choose

33. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Mittens/socks
    Baby nail clippers
    Velcro swaddles
    Monitor
    Baby tub
    Baby shampoo
    Play mat
    Burp cloths
    Diaper cream
    Nursing pads

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: woo! progress!!

We've been working a lot on the nursery. Got it cleaned out 2 weekends ago, painted last weekend, and furniture put together this weekend! It's a bit of a challenge because it's so tiny and we aren't used to dealing with that (our LO1's room is HUGE but our house has a weird floor plan and the only room that makes sense for a second nursery is this tiny 10x10). But it's really excited to see it coming together. I'm going on a bit of a buying spree buying all the stuff we still need. Anxious to start getting things in there/put away and decorate! I'll put a post below from my phone with a pic of the nursery as it currently stands

@Mamag511: So the stuff I'm making sure we have for #2 includes:
    - white noise machine
    - second camera for our monitor
    - baby carriers (I was a big wearer with LO1)
    - Need to rehab our cloth diaper stash
    - Using pack n play with bassinet for our room to sleep at first, and crib from LO1 in nursery
    - caddy for carrying around diapers, waterproof pads to change baby on couch/wherever, diaper cream, wipes
    - enough clothes for the first few months
    - swaddles
    - new bath sponge thing for our sink for bathing (we like the cheap ones you get on amazon for like $10 that just sit in the sink to cushion baby).
    - lots of hangers for baby clothes
    - whatever decor stuff you need
    - extra bases for our car seat (re-using infant seat from LO1 but we only had 1 base, we need 2 more for DH and my parents' cars)

I haven't bought real specific stuff like bottles/pacis/whatever. I'm not sure what I'll want/need and like... target is 7 minutes from our house. I'm trying to keep in mind that it's not like we need to have EVERY SINGLE THING when the baby gets here. We can totally buy stuff as needed.

How's everyone coming on names? I think we are narrowed down to Eva, Penelope (Penny), or Zoe. Middle name Mae. I'm really struggling to pick a favorite, and ultimately my husband is leaving it up to me. (He had lots of input getting to this point but both times he's liked me to have the final say since he likes them all and I have to like, grow the kid lol). He did tell me today he thinks his favorite is Zoe though... so that seems like a likely outcome...? Not for sure yet though because I feel like I just need to think about it more. I have a hard time committing!

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Nursery! Accents will be coral and gold.

36. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mae: love the colors! Also love your name choices. So cute! They all go with DD's name too.

My list of things for this babe includes: nursing pads, nipple cream, diaper cream, diapers (mix of cloth and disposable), dimmer lamp for our room, new thermometer, some extra swaddle blankets and baby book. I already have most of everything else seeing as this is #4 and they are all relatively close in age.

As for names we have Quinton and Wallace for a boy and thus far Ebbamae or Ivy Jane (Ivyjane/Ivy-Jane?) for a girl. Problem for a gal is all of us have 7 letter names and my DH wants to keep that trend. DH prefers Ivyjane but I think it looks a little strange? Oh and Beatrix too.

Excited to have reached 35 weeks! I am a strange one and love being farther along.

37. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: UGH on not being able to choose what's done to your body as recommended by your doctor! I would rage too. I hope they're feeling magnanimous and give you "permission."

I LOVE your nursery! So much better than the current state of mine . Also love the name Zoe, it's on our list as well :). We're making zero progress with names. I'm toying with using Miriam as middle because it was my grandmother's name, and DD got DH's grandmother's name for her middle. I don't love it enough to use it as a first name. So far I've got this:

Lyric
    Tessa
    Lyra
    Liliana
    Zoe
    Calla
    Ruby

DH has put in zero input.

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Bibliolove: I should have!

@Mae: I'm still slightly blown away by US healthcare and that religion can have such a hold on it still. I hope you can get what you want, and can advocate for yourself.

@StrawberryBee: I feel like my house has looked like this for months! We finally shipped DD1 to grandmas for the day on sat and did a big clean and got her big girl bed built. We're going to move her next weekend 😬

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: I agree you don't need everything on hand when baby comes. We had lots of trial and error finding things that worked for DD1. I recommend chatting to friends about what they have (bouncers, swings, tubs etc) that you could borrow. We found we could borrow lots.

Lots of diapers and wipes
    Change pad
    Diaper pail
    Zipper sleepers with fold over cuffs
    Muslin blankets (lots if they are a puker)
    Netflix
    Water bottle with straw
    Protein snacks for mom
    Pacifier
    We did a bassinet in our room
    White noise
    Carrier (super useful for #2).
    Nail file

Everything else we picked up as needed.

40. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mae: cute names! We are waiting until we see her to name her but are slowly building a list of likes. Love the nursery colours!

@cheesetomywhine: I like Beatrix, mostly cause I'd love the nickname trixie!

@StrawberryBee: my friend just named on of her twins ruby. Names are so hard!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee