Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: My DH loves the nickname Trixie! We don't get the best reactions on names but that is alright. I am highly indecisive.

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@cheesetomywhine: beatrice is a grandmother name for us, so we considered it or Beatrix and trixie!

3. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

Thanks for the lists ladies! I totally forgot about all the nursing stuff for myself. Duh. I know you don't need everything right up front, but the type A in me wants to be as prepared as possible lol. I can't believe tomorrow is August - that means these babies will be here next month! So exciting

4. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: We've gotten nowhere on names. We have a boy's name picked from last time, so that's comforting. Girls though we are still all over the place. I asked my dh last night and he was like I really haven't thought of it. I think we have it narrowed down to at least 2 or 3 though!

5. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: our middle is a family name too! Love your options!

@Banana330: Love beatrice/trix but my DH did not

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: Oooh, good luck with the big girl bed! I'm sure it'll go fine :).

Ruby always reminds me of Ruby Gillis from Anne of Green Gables. I have way too many name associations in my head. But I do like that it's coming back in fashion.

@Mae: I showed the list to DH and got zero response. So I prodded him...any that appeal to you? DH: I don't know, I have to think on it.

Our kid is going to be unnamed T_T

7. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

So I went for my 32 week appointment today, and found out that I measuring more than 36 weeks. They scheduled me for an ultrasound at MFM for next week. My OB said it could be extra fluid (she measured a bunch of pockets of fluid with their office ultrasound machine), but I'm still a little freaked at how off I'm measuring. Anyone experience this before?

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: I'm sorry, I have no experience with this :(. Sounds like even ultrasound measurements can be really off in the third tri, and sometimes you catch up on your own.

9. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Mamag511: crazy! keep us posted.

I was supposed to have my sono/appt next week (I'm super late and off on my appts!) but the sonographer called and is out of town next week so she is doing it tomorrow. Super pumped! I am still having REALLY bad pain when walking, stairs, etc I'm assuming is SPD and I really need to talk to my dr about it. I just had 3 days of nothing but sitting in meetings and I'm pretty sure it made it worse. I see the chiro tomorrow though also, so I'm hoping he can help.

We have only a few names picked out for boy and girl but nothing I'm set on. Pretty sure this one won't have a name until after it's born!

10. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Mamag511: Hopefully just pregnancy randomness! I haven't measured ahead, but I try to keep in mind everything "normal" is just an average. Some people measure big and some measure small. Maybe baby is just a chunker

11. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: @matador84: Thanks ladies! I'll keep you posted after my ultrasound!

@Mae: You are totally right. I think they just caught me off guard with wanting to get the extra ultrasound before my next appointment. I need to keep reminding myself that the measurement they do on the outside of your belly isn't 100% set in stone and like you said, that normal is just an average.

12. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

Sono yesterday was good. I can't believe how chubby this baby is in the face compared to my other two!!!! The sonographer couldn't believe it either. Anyway, she asked how much my other two weighed at birth and when I told her she said she thought this one would be bigger because the femur was measuring very long and the torso was big.

My bump is absolutely gigantic and I can hardly walk this week. It feels like an eternity since my last drs appt so I am definitely going to mention the pain to him that sounds like SPD I griped about in an earlier post.

I have had tons of BH today and it's making me so nervous. I let the kids watch a movie tonight and I laid down on the couch with off/on cramps. It made me think about how I need to get a new car seat asap!

13. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@matador84: glad to hear all is well!

14. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@matador84: Glad everything looked good! Hope the BH contractions slowed down for you! I know that mine have been picking up too!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

15. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

Dr appt today went well. I go back in two weeks where they'll do GBS test and I'll register at hospital. Getting into the home stretch! I ordered a new infant seat yesterday. All I need to do is get some diapers, wipes, gender neutral clothing for the first few days and I think I'll be about baby-ready!

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: At least measuring big maybe explains how you're feeling about your bump! Glad everything is going well.

How's everyone doing? Home stretch! I had my 36 week appointment today, everything was fine, and I had my GBS test. My blood pressure was the lowest it's been which was surprising since we've put DD1 in her big girl bed and we've had a hellish weekend of trying to get her to sleep in it. I'm super exhausted and so happy i'm off work now to rest while DD1 is at daycare. 3 weeks to go to my c-section!

17. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

So I went for my ultrasound today at mfm. Baby is doing great and measuring right on track - looking so cute! I have excess amniotic fluid though (they said the name for it, but I can't remember). It's a mild case, but it sounds like I'll be going for weekly non stress tests and a few more ultrasounds to monitor everything. I feel relieved that the baby is doing well. I'll feel better once I get the official game plan of all the monitoring from my OB.

@Banana330: I can't believe it's only 3 weeks to go!! That's awesome!!

18. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: yay for three weeks!

All is well over here. Baby is nice and head down and I am measuring perfect. I found it funny that the midwife repeated the signs of labor and when I should call about five times at my 36 week appointment. I have done this three times before I am all set with stuff for baby and our bathroom has been re-tiled!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mamag511: that's great news!

@cheesetomywhine: that's Hilarious, just in case you were sure 🤣

20. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: omg i can't believe its in 3 weeks! That is kinda terrifying for me lol. I'm not ready! (I mean, I could be if I had to be-- but omg!)

I'm doing good, I feel like we're sort of starting to be ready home-wise. Nursery is coming together, we have all the big stuff now and I'm starting to do some of the decor stuff, which is fun! I still have some stuff to do medical-wise. My next appt is Thursday. I need to write and take my letter pleading my case for tubes tied (massive eye roll). I also need to ask about pre-registering... I don't know how that works with my current doc because if I go into labor spontaneously Im supposed to go to whichever hospital he is at, which is one of 3! But maybe because they are the same health system it doesn't matter? No idea about GBS test, no one has said anything about that but I'm only 33 weeks tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I want to talk to my doc about cervical checks at my appt Thursday. His nurse casually mentioned at my last appt that at 35 weeks I'll start weekly appts and weekly cervical checks. And I want no part of that. I mean weekly appts are fine but I'm not really a believer in cervical checks. I declined them all until 40 weeks last time, but I was with a midwife practice who *barely* suggested them anyways. I'm curious/nervous about if he pushes them as really necessary bc I really don't want to do them, but also I'm pretty deferential to docs with strong opinions so I guess we'll see. (Although TBH he shouldn't be surprised because we declined all genetic screening and came to him for a better chance at VBAC, I feel like the fact that I'm a little anti-medical should be expected haha).

21. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: are cervical checks painful? I'm supposed to be getting them at 36 weeks. I will see how the first one goes at least I guess.

22. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Bibliolove: my experiences with cervical checks are that they can be painful but are mostly uncomfortable. My doctor won't start cervical checks until 39 weeks when it's considered full term because cervical checks can cause labor. With my first I bled after my 39 week cervical check, but didn't bleed after my 40 week check. I ended up having my son at 40w4d so they don't always lead to labor.

23. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Bibliolove: not necessarily but it's more that it's uncomfortable and I think unnecessary. They aren't terribly predictive of anything, especially early. And I'm not that curious that I just want to know. And as a general rule I try to minimize unnecessary hands up my vagina lol

24. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Bibliolove: Mine last time we're more uncomfortable than anything else. It depended on the dr who did them too. I can remember feeling crampy for a few hours afterwards but then getting back to normal fairly quickly.

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: Glad to hear the sono went well! Hope your BH calmed down.

@Banana330: 3 weeks!!

Had another blink-and-you'd-miss-it doctor's appointment Monday (34 week). I'm so sick of the things I'm eating and having to time/track everything. I will never eat eggs again when all of this is said and done. Or yogurt.

Picked up some newborn onesies at Carter's over the weekend. I'm feeling like it's getting to be time for me to throw a bag together for me and for DD (since she'll most probably be spending the night either with my mom or with a friend). I even managed to find all my old nursing tops :). So far for my/baby's bag I'm thinking:

My bag:
    nursing tops
    some panties I don't mind throwing away (I'll use mesh they provide to start)
    comfy pants and shorts I don't mind ruining
    socks
    chapstick
    travel size shampoo and conditioner?
    charger and cord for phone
    contact lens solution
    contacts case
    extra contacts
    glasses
    toothbrush and toothpaste
    no jewelry
    photo ID
    insurance cards
    backup of forms filled out
    camera, battery pack and charger

gift for DD from her little sister...no idea what to give her. I do have a stockpile of "too good to pass up sale" gifts, so I need to go through those at some point and see if there's anything appropriate/portable enough. And snacks. Lots of snacks

Baby stuff:
    onesies
    pacifiers
    1-2 blankets

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mamag511: so glad the baby is measuring on track and that it's a mild case of excess fluid!

@cheesetomywhine: ha! with my memory I'd need the refresher, but maybe not multiple times in the same appointment

@Mae: I think preregistering just speeds things along. I wasn't too concerned...I'm like, what are they going to do, tell me I can't push out a baby? Finally got the postcard back that they received my paperwork.

I can't remember what the practice was on cervical checks at my OB with my last. I was just assuming they'd start up at 36 weeks. I only remember one OB being rough (and I almost had her for delivery...thank god for that shift change!). I love your "General Rule"

27. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

I have never had cervical checks but maybe that is because I see midwives? Who knows.

@StrawberryBee: lol! True. My memory isn't always the greatest but my youngest is only 20 months (today!) so it is still relatively fresh in my mind. Apparently my memory keeps the painful experiences intact while forgetting other useful things. Our hospital bags are pretty similar. I also added floss and nipple cream for me as well as the baby book for footprints, a couple of hats and going home outfit for baby. Full disclosure is that I will definitely be adding snacks for myself as well.

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: omg you're so on the ball. Literally had not even thought of a hospital bag yet! Oops lol. I don't feel like i used a ton of stuff last time though. I should put some thought into it but mostly I think I"ll just take some clothes, a charger, and my kindle...? lol. I like the big sister gift idea. I should think of something the baby can get Fiona!

@cheesetomywhine: yea i think they are less likely with midwives. I was with a midwife practice last time and they offered them starting at 37 weeks but didn't really recommend them. At 40 I only had one because they said if I was dilated enough they could do a cervical sweep to help move things along.

29. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

I've reached the weekly appointment stage. I've been having a lot of cramping that I had never expirenced before but my OB said it was normal.

Today was also my group B strep test day.

We gave notice on our apartment and we have been looking for another place to live but so far nothing great. I figure I'll be moving with a newborn at this point.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!

30. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@YouGotMe: good luck moving with a newborn!

My appointment today went well. I really like my doc (and I'm so grateful I do!). Not too much to report. I'll have another ultrasound and GBS test at my next appt in 2 weeks (35w). After that I"ll go in weekly. I approved a general exam at the next appointment because he said he wants to evaluate the size/shape of my pelvis and what my cervix is like because that will help him advise me best regarding my VBAC attempts. But after that he's fine skipping cervical checks until 40 weeks.

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@YouGotMe: moving with a newborn! I hope you're packing what you can now or paying someone to do it for you!

@Mae: these appointments can feel so short, fingers crossed your doc finds things favourable.

I'm struggling with sleep so much lately. It's really making me feel horrible most days and making my patience for DD thin at best.

32. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@Banana330: hah. I have a box delivery arriving this week for me to start packing.

My mom will come help pack and clean if needed.. I'm so not looking forward to this but I knew it was going to end up happening so I've just accepted it.

33. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: Ha, I'm very much not on the ball, since none of this has actually translated to putting bags together lol. But I have a plan and that has to account for something, right?

I called up our Short Term Disability company and set up my claim just to get that squared away. Got the paperwork...and they wrote that I was expecting to go out in August instead of September. NBD except the only person who can fix it is on vacation and left no one responsible for her stuff while she's gone. Good times.

I'm glad you were able to compromise on the cervical checks with your doc!

@YouGotMe: hoping for a smooth moving experience for you.

@Banana330: I've been waking up a LOT to pee the past few nights. Then I wake up at 3am and stay awake. Really looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning (as much as I can with DD's party tomorrow)

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: I wish you luck sleeping in! The universe doesn't want me to do it. I swear the days I CAN sleep in, I'm incapable. The days I have to be up early, I"m dead to the world when my alarm goes off. Because of course.

I'm starting to get both excited and nervous. Excited to meet this little one. Excited to be done with childbirth forever. Excited to get the newborn stuff over with forever. (lol really not a baby person). But also really nervous about how our 3.5 year old will cope with a newborn. Having all those hormonal "omg her life is going to change, she won't have as much attention, she won't have much 1-on-1 time... gahhhhh" feelings. But I know this is all normal and it will all work out... somehow... lol.

I'm also being really excited about our nursery, all the big stuff is pretty much done! Got light installed, curtains, crib skirt, glider all in place. Still need to do all the wall decor but it's so close to done!! I'll post pics below bc they are on my phone.

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

(Mirror needs to be hung if course)

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: ha, yes, sleeping in may be wishful thinking! With my luck I'll be up at 3am again 😜

I second all you're feeling. A memory came up on Facebook today of DD just three days old sleeping on DH. He captioned it "She's been like this for about 90 minutes. That means Mommy has been asleep just as long. The most rest for both of them since getting home." and I was like, shiiiiiit, newborn stage, someone please come save me! I remembered being weirdly wired and incapable of sleeping for the first few days. Like I felt I would never have to sleep again.

LOVE the nursery, it's so pretty!!!

37. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: Oh man, my hormones were ALL over the place at first. I spent 3 nights in the hospital because I had a c-section and I was wired with all the happy. I barely slept (prob no more than an hour at a time the whole 3 days), I wasn't tired, and I was SO HAPPY. I remember driving home from the hospital with my husband being like "I know some people get sad after babies but I'm SO HAPPY and I can't imagine not being SO HAPPY." Then the next day I was sobbing about how we'd ruined our lives having a baby and we were trapped forever. Then the day after that our daughter started screaming, and didn't stop for like.... a month. And we both hated life for a month. Reaaaallllly hoping that this one is one of these mythical "easy babies" I hear about.......

And thanks!

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: lol, exactly!! It was like I was so high on endorphins that sleep was no longer a necessity or even a passing thought. I hope you get the HAPPY this time without being followed by a month of screaming 😅

39. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Mae: The nursery is adorable! We are working on moving some furniture around today to make room for the baby in our room for the time being! Excited to get it going though so I can feel like I've gotten something ready for this baby!

@StrawberryBee: Love the hospital list. You inspired me to start pulling out clothes and start washing them to get stuff packed!

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

With babies coming in the next few weeks, anyone interested in starting a more private Facebook group? Not sure how to go about it - just wanted to see if anyone else was interested!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee