Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 moms!

1. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@StrawberryBee: This is def a fear of mine as well, especially since I'm having RCS. I just don't want anything to mess that up.

@Mae: I think that's a great plan from your doc. It's so hard to decide what to do and it sounds like it gives you some options at least.

@annem1990: I feel ya. I've been feeling this way the past few days as well. The combo of being physically and mentally exhausted from lack of sleep and being so massively huge is just getting to me. Pretty soon we'll get to meet these sweet babies!!

2. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: ha! You have no idea! My first baby arrived in less than 3 hours and my second I didn't even make it to the hospital. It was less than 20 minutes!!!

3. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@matador84: sooo, tell me about this 20minute labour. It seems both awful and amazing.

LO1 was a 12 hours start to finish. I'd like things to be a little quicker than that.

4. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@YouGotMe: it was both!!! I'll try and find the birth story thread

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/my-side-of-the-road-birth-story

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: omg that is both amazing and terrifying!

Yeah I keep on having to tell my mother that she's not going to have hours and hours to take her dear old time getting over to our house to watch DD. I've been told everything from "I'll only be an hour and a half away" (if she goes over her boyfriends house in another freaking state), to "well you're not going to go now, you have four weeks left to go" (I have three, mom. I'm 37 weeks). I don't know how many ways I can tell her I'm not in charge of this show.

I wish there was someone else who could watch DD, but if mom just stays the frig home and takes me seriously she's only 5 minutes away. I have a friend who's backup but we'd have to drop E off at her house on the way to the hospital.

6. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh man that is stressful! I hope she stays close! There's always the back-up of an ambulance too (or uber lol) if your husband needs to stay and wait and you need to go. I don't really worry about going fast because 1) I find it hard to imagine going into labor at all, since I never did with my first and was finally induced at 41.5 and 2) I labored for 18 hrs and stalled. So I'm not having this baby fast. But still I'm glad my parents are only 20 min away. Even waking them up MOTN I think they could be here in half an hour. And worse comes to worse, I'll ask a neighbor to drive me to the hospital. We're literally 1 mile away lol.

7. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: that's the other thing that's making me nervous; in good traffic we're a half hour away from the hospital. And unless I want to go to a rinky dink local branch, all the decent big ones are the same distance away. Worse comes to worst we take DD nearly all the way to the hospital with us; another coworker/friend lives very close to it ;). Bye honey mommy loves you! Lol

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So blood pressure was totally normal today. I'm all clear to just wait it out until my c-section next wed! Whew!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: YAY!!!

10. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Banana330: nice!! Wow, next Wed!

11. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Banana330: excellent news!!! Omg - wednesday!!!

12. babybunnylove

grape / 90 posts

@Banana330: That must feel like a relief!

I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. Got my GBS test done and got a cervical check done. I'm 0.5! I was a bit surprised that I was anything, even though it means really nothing at this point except that my body is preparing. The little guy is still head down and she said she could feel his head. I'm actually wanting him to wait until his due date and not come early, but I know he will come when he's ready. I can't believe how fast this time has gone. Very bittersweet as it's our last.

13. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@matador84: that is intense!!!

14. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: eeeee soo soon!

@babybunnylove: lol I got a cervical check with my GBS too and my doc didn't even comment. I was like "yea I'm assuming there's nothing going on down there?" Him: "Let's just say, i'll certainly see you next week."

15. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@YouGotMe: see why I'm so nervous?!

16. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@matador84: haha yeh that explains a lot. Although I have to be that person and be supportive that everything will be fine and go a little slower for you this time

I live about twenty minutes from our hospital and I work even closer. But anyone who can watch LO1 is over 6 hours away.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: i guess it's too late but could you do midwife/home birth? What does your OB say about coming in?

18. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: not really interested in home birth but it might happen anyway. We are only 3 miles from the hospital and I went almost immediately last time and still didn't make it! He has told me to go in as soon as I feel like I need to but that doesn't really reassure me. There is like a neighborhood ER right outside my neighborhood and I thought about going there if I can't get to the hospital. If I'm at work I'm in big trouble because it's about 15-20 minutes and 8 miles.

I don't think there are any midwives here, or if there are I don't know about them!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: understandable. our midwives here can do home birth, birth centre or hospital births but I understand the anxiety of getting there on time!

20. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@Banana330: I'm really feeling nervous tonight!!.

I woke up at 2am to pee and couldn't go back to sleep. I was having some extremely minor cramping (like period), where the tops of my thighs hurt a little. Truly minor pain but it's making me second guess myself. I feel fine but am starting to kind of freak out for when I am in labor. On top of it in pretty sure my DD gave me her sinus infection because I'm super congested!!

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@matador84: I hope the cramping subsided! With your history, would your OB be open to an early induction so that you're already at the hospital for something planned vs a precipitous birth in the car or the side of the road?

And ugh on the sinus infection, it sucks big time (especially post nasal drip). I've been using ayr nasal spray and robitussin (sparingly but I need something to knock the crud out of my throat and lungs) along with gargling salt water.

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: I had something similar to that a few weeks ago. I was awake for hours with lower back pain and period cramps but I never quite got to the point of timing them. My midwife suggested it was likely dehydration and to really make sure I'm resting and drinking tons.

I agree maybe a chat about induction might be a good idea!

23. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Banana330: I might consider induction, but I didn't even make it to 39 weeks (delivered at 36) with my 2nd child...so even if I plan one, it might not matter!

I've been drinking a lot of water today. My face/head are killing me and I can't even imagine delivering when I can't breathe through my nose. Ugh.

24. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

We finished the nursery this weekend! I'm so glad to have it done. It's such a dumb thing bc like... who cares what the nursery looks like other than me. But it just makes me really happy

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mae: it's not dumb, it makes you happy . Well decorated rooms make me happy too! Not to mention the sense of accomplishment. Ours is still a work in progress.

I know i already said this, but I absolutely adore the star wall! So happy to live in a time of decals!

Got to my 37 week dr appointment early, so hanging out in the car until they open.

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@matador84: hope you feel better soon!

@Mae: love it! It looks great. The dark wall with the stars is fantastic.

DD1 is finally adjusting to her big girl room and we've had more success at keeping her in bed until "mr golden sun wakes up" (literally the sun)! I'm still not sleeping great but it's so much better than a few weeks ago! My hips and pelvis make me feel 80! Two more days until eviction. Still doesn't quite feel real.

27. Bibliolove

kiwi / 526 posts

@Mae: wow I love it!! So adorable!! Beautiful navy star wall.

Our nursery is done as well, I have a pale yellow on the walls and a nature type theme. I need to get pictures before he arrives!

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Banana330: congrats on DD sleeping in her bed! Two days, wow 😳

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@StrawberryBee: it feels like a frickin miracle! Hopefully the new baby doesn't regression her too much!

@Bibliolove: yes share pics! I love all the pretty nurseries.

30. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Banana330: and meg still can't believe your lot is coming THIS WEEK!!!

@Bibliolove: def snap some pics! That's what god invented camera phone for

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

group B strep negative and 1cm dilated

32. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: I had my 37 week appointment today also! He didn't do a check today because the hospital checked last week but I am also 1cm and group B strep negative.

I really enjoyed explaining about group
    B strep to my much younger coworkers

33. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@StrawberryBee: @YouGotMe: yay! I had my gbs test last thurs but haven't heard yet. I don't know if they will call or just wait for my appt thurs

34. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Banana330: so soon! Hopefully she will be okay with the new baby. Maybe it will inspire her to want to stay in her big girl bed even more!

I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow- I think I will be scheduling my 40 week one though. This baby hears its crazy siblings and is content to stay in lol! Thankfully I still feel great, though my ankles are a wee swollen. Such a waiting game!

@Bibliolove: I'd love to see photos too!

35. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mae: I love your nursery!! It's beautiful!

@Banana330: omg I cannot believe you are having her this week!!!! I'll be thinking of you!

@StrawberryBee: I also found out I'm GBS- too! Last time I tested positive in the 2nd tri so I'm glad to not need all the antibiotics once I'm in labor!

I've been an overwhelmed, stressed and emotional mess trying to get everything at work in place before I have the baby. I've been extra emotional thinking about LO1 and how we are running out of time with just him by himself. I know I'll love having a second and I've read most moms feel this way before having another, but it has hit me really hard these past few days!

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: lol, I've traumatized our younger coworkers. They saw my "Going into Labor" FYI paperwork from my last appointment and got to learn about fun things like "bloody show" and "mucus plug."

@Banana330: tomorrow!!!

@Boopers: I was GBS negative last time too, so I'm grateful to not need to know about all the antibiotic requirements. I know it's not a big deal overall, but just one less thing to have to think about :). I'm in denial about how our lives are all about to change again in a couple of weeks. I've been a snappy, irritable mess.

My sugar numbers have been great...they've almost been improving? So weird. I'm looking forward to having a cupcake when this is all said and done.

37. YouGotMe

apricot / 477 posts

@StrawberryBee: hah it's my favourite thing. They are all 19-23 and dying when I tell them things.

38. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@StrawberryBee: you deserve a cupcake once you have the baby!!

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@YouGotMe: Here's what they didn't tell you about in health class ;D

@Boopers: I'm literally stalking a local bakery lol. We went on Saturday to treat DD after her 4 year shots...tortuuuureee...

40. Mamag511

apricot / 309 posts

@Banana330: Good luck tomorrow mama!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee