Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2017 POAS

1. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

alright ladies, I need some bd advice. I think the myo-inositol is delaying ovulation, or at least changing my pattern. I thought I might o soon after my fairly dark test, but it's just gone back and forth for days since. and never a true dark positive though I've had a couple very close that then go lighter.

today I had a ton of EWCM, which I would usually only see when I had OPK+. but it's still very negative this afternoon. hopefully, it means it's giving me a better shot overall. but I don't know how to approach bd. we've hit the last 3 nights and we can't keep up every day during the week (or at least, it will be tougher). but I really have no idea how long it will go before I get a positive opk!

would you do EOD? try to keep up every day? I hate to miss any time with great cm, but I don't want to burn out before we get close!

2. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@bhbee: I think if I were in your shoes, I'd switch to EOD until CD 35 - like SMEP suggests if you never get a positive OPK. I too would hate to miss good CM but I don't think my DH and I could hit more than a few days in a row without it becoming unsustainable. Good luck!

3. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@bhbee: I would go with eod. We logistically can't do it every day for that long, we're just too busy and worn out by the end of the day lol. And sperm will live for a few days, so eod should really cover it. We also use preseed, so that helped me not feel like we were "wasting" an ewcm day.

4. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@Bernieboo: @MrsJBeeG: thanks ladies, you've talked me off the bd ledge I'm going to skip tonight and go for tomorrow. And hopefully I'll have an opk positive tomorrow!

5. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@bhbee: also! Are you doing a hold before your afternoon/evening opk? I got a lot of afternoon negatives previously and I think it was bc I drink a ton of water and my urine (and therefore my LH levels) are too diluted. I started doing a 3 ish hour hold this month and got my positive!

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@Bernieboo: yeah I did think about that. I've been trying to be healthier and drinking a ton and going to the bathroom a ton so im not sure how well my hold attempts worked.
    My cm would say I already ovulated, but it's possible I tried and failed too, esp since I don't temp anymore to check. But if tomorrow has no good cm and no opk+, I'm just going to assume I ovulated during my near positives and ewcm and call it a day! No way we can eod the whole month

7. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

So I need to share to the sweet HB ladies that don't judge and will understand my tempered excitement. I'm not telling anyone else. I just bought some cheap pregnancy tests - I've always used frer but hate the cost of using them at times. So I used the first one of these cheap tests this morning since I'm only at cycle day 21 and likely 7 - 8 dpo. But ladies, I swear there is the faintest second line that came up during the 5 minute window. I didn't take a picture as a picture doesn't show the line at all. I'm not counting it as a positive as it is so faint it's barely detectable even to me and I'm in the limbo of mentally wondering "did I imagine it???" I'm going to test again the next few days and see what happens. But please keep your fingers crossed that I haven't imagined it and it is a second line that gets darker. I'm prepared for a bfn since this is our last month to try due to a summer move, so I'm not going to get my hopes up at the moment.

8. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@MrsJBeeG: ahhhh! So exciting! Definitely hoping you aren't imagining it pics tomorrow with fmu!

9. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@MrsJBeeG: omg so exciting!!! Sending you all the positive thoughts!!!!

I'm in full on TWW crazy town over here. I've been symptom spotting like crazy. We were camping over the weekend with my parents and I didn't even have any access to tests, so I was ok all weekend. Then, yesterday when we were driving home, I had some bad breast pain and today my temp is elevated and I've been on and off nauseated and not interested in food. Both could be bc I have a cold. I have to keep talking myself down and convincing myself again that I won't test until Friday!!! According to FF, AF is technically due Thursday, but I want to test on a day I work from home, so I can properly freak out lol. Friday is so far away!!! 😫

10. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Bernieboo: I totally get it. I had terrible breast pain the other day - just in one - and said OMg - is that a symptom. And haven't felt like eating and get nausea at times - smells are bugging me like crazy. I keep telling myself I had some idnthis last month and clearly was not pregnant so i need to chill. Easier said then done! fx for you!

I said I wasn't testing until early next week. I think I'll give it a few days before testing again. At the moment I think it is my imagination. Glad I'm going to the office to work and forget about the craziness.

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@MrsJBeeG: can't wait to see what you get in the next few days!

12. sunflowerbee

cherry / 132 posts

So I had a transvaginal u/s yesterday with my OBGYN on CD 13 to see if I ovulate on CD 14 like a "normal/textbook" 28 day cycle or if I might have a LP defect. The u/s tech was able to find a follicle on my right ovary that measured 15 mm, which means that ovulation would be 72 hours away. This would indicate that I would O on CD 16, which is 4 days earlier than I typically O. I definitely think this is thanks to the B6 vitamin I started on this cycle, so that's good news!

For those that took B6 to lengthen their LP, once you got a BFP, did you stop taking the B6 or did you continue taking it into early pregnancy? Did your doctor indicate if/when you should stop?

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Pretty certain that my period is coming. I'll test tomorrow (12 dpo) if not, but I'm thinking I'm out. If af does come, I'm really excited that my luteal phase is longer!

14. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Bernieboo: @MrsJBeeG: I hope it all works out for both of you!

I am currently on cd 10 after my first round of femara and go on Friday to have bloodwork and ultrasound. Hoping to have some big follicles and will find out if I have to use Ovidrel or not. Anyone have any stories about your use of femara and/or Ovidrel? At my cd 3 uktrasound, I have 8 follicles on one side and 9 on the other. Hopefully they are growing well!

15. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@LabradorLover: I was on clomid but I thought ovidrel was pretty easy! I did the shots myself. And it takes the guesswork out, although it's annoying that you can have tiny lingering bits of hcg up to 10-11dpo even. So early testing is not reliable at all.

Good luck! I've heard femara is so much better than clomid.

16. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: my RE's office doesn't recommend testing with hpt because of the hcg possibility from the Ovidrel so not sure what I'll do there but I'm excited to see what happens on Friday and assume it'll be a busy weekend for DH and I did it end up working well for you? I can't remember if this is baby #1 or #2 for you.

17. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@LabradorLover: this is baby #3 but no, the only thing I got out of 4 clomid/ovidrel iuis was a chemical. Could be chance but I actually wondered if they didn't time my iuis right, or if clomid was destroying my lining. Issues it sounds like you won't have!
    I had my first on just clomid and ti, and my second on a break from meds, and this time I got pregnant the first try (but lost it for a genetic issue) so you never know what will work! Wishing you luck for Friday!!

18. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bhbee: thank you! I'll keep you updated!

19. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Hello HB! Long time no talk, lol. But here I am, 9DPO, anxiously waiting till -tomorrow- to POAS and I realized I needed the support of ladies in the same tortuous wait with me

20. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

Cycle Day: 22
    TTC Cycle: first for this baby
    Ovulation Date: August 29
    POAS Date: September 8
    Baby #: 4
    What's up this month: First month trying for baby#4
    For Fun: Did you like going back to school? What was your favorite subject? Yeah, I always liked going back to school. I liked math and English.

21. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

Still no sign of AF (due today or tomorrow and I usually have some pms by now...) and I've been nauseated on and off all day. I don't think my hopes can get any higher!! 😣 testing with FMU tomorrow!

@Navy_Mommy: fingers crossed for you! I'll see you here in the morning lol!

22. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Bernieboo: fx for you - that sounds super promising!

I think it's just the wondfo i got on amazon. Some women complain of shadowy lines on them - I think that's what I'm dealing with. Still only 9/10 dpo and my last pregnant I got a bfn on day 11 and then a positive on day 13 - so I'm not crushed it looks like it's a bfn now. Thinking I'll try to hold off using the frer until af is due or I get something that looks like a real positive on the wondfos.

Fx for everyone here!

23. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@MrsJBeeG: @Bernieboo: @Navy_Mommy: excited for all of you!!

24. Navy_Mommy

nectarine / 2458 posts

today. But I haven't lost hope. I'm only 10dpo, lol.

25. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

OK tell me if I'm nuts. I totally see a very faint line. This was taken right at 5 minutes, so it's not evap. I'm only 11 DPO and last time I didn't get a positive until AF was truly late. Thoughts????

26. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@Bernieboo: i totally see a line. I use similar tests and that is definitely a faint line. 😍😍😍 yay!! Have any frer's lying around?!

27. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@mamabird: I don't!!! Only a huge pack of Wondfos! I think I'll do an afternoon hold and then again tomorrow with FMU (because I'm a POAS addict!!!).

I also think I'll get ready to tell DH tomorrow! My thought was to wrap up a shirt for M that says something about being a big sister. And then thought I would include a digital test in case he doesn't get it lol. Any cute ideas???

28. MrsJBeeG

clementine / 787 posts

@Bernieboo: i totally see it! Congrats!

29. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@Bernieboo: yay!!

30. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@Bernieboo: Congrats!!! I defintely see another line!!!

I had my bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring appointment today to see if Femara was growing my follicles and of course they aren't big enough yet! I have two that are 13mm each and they said I have to go back on Monday to get checked again. REALLY hoping it works out on Monday and I can do the Ovidrel and get busy because I am going on vacation on Wednesday and won't be able to get checked out again.

Also, the nurse said that whether I use the Ovidrel or not, I don't need to come back for another check to see if I ovulated or not. Has anyone else ever gone back to make sure they ovulated or not? I was sort of thinking that I would need to but maybe I am just being crazy.

31. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@LabradorLover: they can grow a lot in a short time so hopefully Monday is it! I never had my ovulation checked but I know sometimes people get progesterone levels checked which will show if you ovulated. I forgot, do you ovulate without meds or not? I think they're usually most concerned when you didn't ovulate before meds.

32. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

Well crap. After having well timed (and relaxed!!) bd last weekend and having every post o sign, except that pesky opk, I was thinking I was 3dpo today. I then I saw some slightly fertile cm and thought to test and got a blaring positive - like the control barely shows up for a while! Which is weird because my cm was way way better a few days ago.

So I guess I did fail to ovulate before and the myo inositol delayed it. I'm glad we can try tonight but we basically got nothing else in bd wise since Monday.

33. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@bhbee: awesome that you tested!!! It only takes once! And if you have 24-36 hours for O, maybe tomorrow night will be in time too!!
    @LabradorLover: I'll think good thoughts this weekend that they grow!!

OK, so I guess this is real lol! I told DH and my FRER from this afternoon is undeniable. I hope I see all of you on the May due date board!!!

34. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

@Bernieboo: ooh what a lovely line! Congrats again!

My daughter was a later ovulation too so I'm going to try to focus on that as good luck!

35. mamabird

cherry / 188 posts

@Bernieboo: congrats!!!! Happy and healthy pregnancy xo

36. Bernieboo

cherry / 121 posts

@bhbee: @mamabird: thank you!

37. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@bernieboo: What a line!!! Congrats!!

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6085 posts

September POAS

9/8 - navy_mommy
    9/13 - mrsjbeeg
    9/14 - chypmunk
    9/16 - mamabird
    9/20 - math.nerd
    9/21 - sunflowerbee, bhbee
    9/24 - labradorlover, dr. pepper
    9/26 - marfi
    9/27 - runnergirl
    tbd - mrs. oreo

bernieboo

if it needs any updates just reply!

39. elljay

apricot / 262 posts

@Bernieboo: yay! congrats!!

40. LabradorLover

kiwi / 548 posts

@bernieboo: Congrats!!!!! And thank you! Hoping they get nice and big over the weekend, too!

@bhbee: hopefully you got it in time but just like bernieboo said, it only takes one time! RE said ovulation is my issue. I'm not sure that I don't ovulate because they were able to tell me last cycle (which was my last one before trying meds) that I did ovulate on my own. My issue is super long cycles and I would actually get two positive opks in one cycle so it's like my body was ready to ovulate but didn't do it was trying again later? It could get very hard to detect it sometimes and I would think I was in the TWW when really I was getting ready to try ovulating again, if that even makes sense! Haha hoping since they are pretty close to the size they need to be now that Monday is definitely the day!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee