Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@cheert16: Aww, poor guy! We haven't had bleeding.

2. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@jodyblair: have you given LO any dairy directly? That would be our next step, but I'm not sure how to proceed...

3. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@cheert16: poor guy! J wakes up with blood in his mouth sometimes too. that's great that you found such an affordable part time daycare for your lil guy!

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: Any word from the pediatrician? How is he feeling today?

@cheert16: Ouch! We had a week of molar hell as well. It still hasn't come out but now he is sleeping better again. And so awesome that you have such reasonable child care!

5. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: It totally freaked me out because it was more than usual.

I totally need to post some pics from Lil B's party this past weekend!

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Hi Ladies,
    Sorry for being mia today. Little B ran a 104 fever last night and it was still this high this morning. Since tomorrow is a holiday here we went to the pedi's. Since the fever was this high they needed a urine sample. In case you've never had to do that (I hope for you guys you haven't ) you stick a little plastic bag over Mr. Penguin and hope the littles pee into that bag. Now little B HATES these things and he doesn't see any reason to pee into them. So we sat 3.5h at the pedi's without a single drop of pee!
    Luckily DH was home so he could take over in the afternoon. About 6h! after the pee bag got attached he finally peed... It got tested and everything looks pretty normal. So we'll just have to wait it out. This evening the fever was down so that's a good sign.
    On the other hand they transferred us to the hospital because of the liver markers for a council. So will have to go there after easter.
    Thank you all for your thoughts today!

@cheert16: We've had some bleeding with some teeth. It always happened when the teeth cut through the gums but stopped shortly after it started.

7. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Pumuckl: Holy crap!!!! That sounds crazy!!!!! So sorry B is sick and you had to put him through that! Poor baby!!! Hope he's feeling better soon!

8. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: OMG! That is a long time to not pee. Poor guy. And Mom and Dad. I hope he feels better soon.
    What does the low liver markers mean?

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: that is complicated. The acute markers are normal but the longtime ones are elevated. So basically this means they can rule out any acute liver disease like hepatitis. So I guess at the hospital they'll do an ultrasound of the liver and then we'll see from there. They are all not really worried since he is otherwise healthy (well minus the stupid viral cold).

10. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

ugh so stressful!

11. Mrs. High Heels

@Pumuckl: it took me a bit to get what you meant by "mr. penguin", ha! wow, 3.5 hours without a single drop is a long time. hope he's feeling better and that fever is down!

12. Adira

OMG - someone's been sooooo fussy all evening! I couldn't get him to eat dinner! I got him to have a pouch, but he usually has 3-4x as much! I'm worried about tonight...

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Whelp- buggy skipped her afternoon nap today. I tired to get her to sleep for an hour, and she just wouldn't go. I took her for a short walk and she slept for maybe 10-15 minutes (would have gone longer, but was with a friend who wasn't up for it).
    So I put her to bed at 6:00 and she was out like a light.

I am looking forward to one nap a day- but dreading the transition. I am terrible at adjusting our routines- I love a good schedule!

14. blackbird

E skipped two afternoon naps last week, I thought for sure she was transitioning! Nope, back to two. I think they think about it for awhile

15. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@blackbird: yeah, she likes to practice things for EVER. she tried to crawl for like 4 months before she got the hang of it.

She was actually pretty pleasant, all things considered. As long as I take her outside or give her food she's happy. She ate a ton of my fancy goat cheese And I'm not going to complain about a 6:00 bedtime (although its sad her dad didn't get to see her, he's still not home at 7:40 so he wouldn't have made it for bedtime anyway). I drank wine and cooked dinner and it was QUIET. The whole time. Just QUIET.

16. blackbird

Sounds like a NICE one off evening to me!

And yeah why are they always interested in the expensive stuff? Haha

17. Smurfette

@Adira: I am sure he is going to be fine!
    @Silva: At least she went to bed early and no issues!

18. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@blackbird: haha I know- I kept trying to give her string cheese and she kept giving me "bitch please" looks, and screeching for the goat cheese.

19. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: we have! Our pediatrician recommended starting with plain, unflavored yogurt and adding our own fruit to it so we could isolate any potential reactions. He has done totally fine with all dairy and hidden soy. I still haven't tried anything like edamame yet, but I don't think it would be an issue. I was so nervous to introduce dairy since he was so sensitive to it in my milk, but I'm really glad I finally bit the bullet and tried it.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: A daycare close to home would be good even if it is a bit longer day. That is what we do. I can't believe how much you pay!! Ours is $950/month and I thought that was a lot.

@Mrs. High Heels: That is a good deal for daycare. I'm sure that J will adjust fine.

@QueensBee: Wow, I can't believe you pay that much for 3 days a week!!

@cheert16: I hope those molars come in. I'm so not looking forward to them! What a good deal on daycare.

@Pumuckl: What a long day. I hope that he feels better soon and hopefully everything with the tests turn out all right.

@Silva: I hope she sleeps good for you tonight. This transition to one nap can be tough some days.

@jodyblair: I hope that the introduction of dairy goes good.

So happy to have four days off. We only have three off work, but daycare is closed Monday, so I took a vacation day. What is everyone doing for Easter?

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: we have 4 days off here and my parents will come down and we'll all hang out at my grandmother's place. Really excited to see whether B will find his easter basket

He's doing so much better today. No fever but a rash all over his torso. It doesn't seem itchy though. Just glad I have my happy baby back.

@Silva: B always knows when I have "better" stuff than he does and he'll sit there pointing at me and trying to steal it from me

@Adira: Hope Xander did ok last night and you all got some sleep.

22. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Enjoy your long weekend!!!! I am hoping work lets us out early today but who knows.
    We are going to church with my parents on Easter. Then meeting more family back at my parents house to spend the day. We have an annual cornhole and bocce ball tournament. R should be in heaven all day since we usually are outside all day. Tomorrow morning we have a Spring Festival at day care and then Easter Bunny pics in the afternoon. Pretty sure she is going to freak out.

23. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Ladies I have been horrible at keeping up with this thread after I introduced myself, I'm so sorry!

My baby is ONE today though! ONE! how did that happen??!!

24. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: We had tacos for tea tonight and H had deconstructed tacos and my did she kick a fuss about it. Staring at our food and whinging. I was like it's the same thing!!! Eventually she ate it.

@blackbird: We got backwards and forwards on one nap or two depending on what time she gets up and what we have on. The last few afternoons have been a struggle for any nap so we might never be leaving the house again

@ALV91711: We went for a picnic in the park with my parents today and Sunday we are off to the inlaws.

@Smurfette: The Easter Bunny was wandering around the mall the other day and I took H past. She was ok but was really unsure and then freaked a little and reached to be picked up (she was in the stroller). It went better than Santa anyway. Haha

@cmomma17: Hip Hip Hooray!!! Happy birthday

25. Smurfette

@cmomma17: Happy Birthday to your little man!!

26. Adira

@cmomma17: Happy Birthday to your little one!!!!!

Gahhh girls, what is wrong with my boy?? So he basically had no dinner last night, but he slept really well (yay!) and slept over 11 hours. When he woke up, he seemed in a good mood, so I got him up and nursed him and everything was going well. But then I changed his diaper and he FLIPPED OUT! Which is often normal for diaper changes, but then he would not let me put him down!!! Every time I'd put him down, he'd cling to my leg and cry! I finally just had to abandon him with Hubs so I could go to work and he was still crying when I left!

27. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@cmomma17: Happy birthday! Yay!

@AprilFool: The Easter Bunny costumes freak me out. All I can think of is Donnie Darko.

Bugs had a bit of a rough night- at first she was crying out every hour, but settling quickly, in less than a minute. After maybe 4 hours of that she started having trouble settling, and then she was waking every 20 minutes. My husband put her back down once, but I finally went in around 11 and nursed her. She woke up at 4 and then 6 for the day...and then I saw the tooth we've been waiting on!
    She was a wreck this morning, so I gave her some tylenol. She was much happier after that kicked in, and then practically begging to be put down for a nap.
    Yay drugs!

28. blackbird

@cmomma17, Happy birthday to your LO!

@smurfette, that all sounds so fun!!! With all the spring blooms here, I'm dying to get E out for some pics. I just haven't found the right spot and the time frame is shrinking!

@silva, aw poor little lady At least the tooth is through! The worst is past hopefully!

@aprilfool, I hear ya. I will be taking E to the zoo (mid week) next week right at nap time. I wonder what'll happen, ha. She's always at daycare for her naps! Eep

29. Smurfette

@Adira: R has mornings like that. Cries all during her diaper changes and getting dressed and won't let me put her down. Makes it really hard for getting us out the door on time. Did you have to wake him up? Or did he wake up? Maybe he was still tired? Hopefully he calmed down for Daddy!

@Silva: Glad the tooth is through and even more, yay! for drugs. R's molar still isn't through even after that rough day. Over over over it!

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Smurfette: After hearing your story I'm seriously dreading the molars. How did you know they were coming? I barely got her mouth open to see the glimmer of white for this incisor!

31. Adira

@Smurfette: He woke up on his own, so I didn't THINK he was tired, but after he was done nursing, he seemed to just want to be held and to rest his head on my shoulder, so maybe he was still tired? I don't know! Hopefully the rest of his day goes okay! And I'm glad to know this isn't totally abnormal and that R sometimes does this too, even though it sucks!

32. Smurfette

@Silva: We could can see the gums were swollen. Even her pedi mentioned at her 12 month appointment. Then we feel in the inside of her mouth and you can feel them right under the gums. The tops are just swollen still.
    @Adira: Maybe he was still waking up or tired but just couldn't get back to sleep. R wakes up and lays down, sits up, lays down for awhile, so I know she is still tired.

33. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, I'm not sure! He had woken up earlier in the morning, but I just let him settle back down and fall back asleep. And when he woke up this time, when I walked in, he hopped up and was wicked happy to see me and was jumping up and down in bed. I thought he was awake!! So I got him up and nursed him, but maybe that made him tired again? It's hard though because I only nurse him in the mornings and I have to do it before I go to work, so sometimes his wake-up and when I need to nurse him don't line up. I probably should have just nursed him the first time I heard him stirring and then he probably would've fallen back to sleep after and gotten to sleep in until Hubs was ready to take him to daycare.

34. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Ugh I had a whole bunch of replies and then my computer crashed!! So I will just update quick and then reply to others later.
    Today we are going away for a wedding without L! First time we'll both be away! Yikes! Also Lukas learned two new skills. First he learned to kick a ball. It is so cute!! Also he learned to open doors. Not. Cute.

35. Adira

@travellingbee: Oooh!!! Have fun at the wedding!!!! And how does he open doors? Xander doesn't seem tall enough to reach door knobs yet!

36. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Adira: He's pretty tall but also we have the handles that are like levers rather than knobs you twist. So he just reaches up and pulls down.

37. Adira

@travellingbee: Ohhh, gotcha! We have knobs, so I don't think I have to worry about this yet! But Xander LOVES opening and closing doors (assuming they don't latch, so he can continue doing it)!!

38. Smurfette

@travellingbee: This is why we stopped replacing our door handles for the time being. We are replacing the ugly gold ball ones the previous owner had with the lever ones but we stopped for now, putting it off why we can. I don't think she is tall enough yet but getting there. Too cute about kicking. R just looks at the soccer ball when we kick it to her, and then she picks it up and tries to eat it.
    Have fun at the wedding!!!

39. Adira

Okay ladies - help me out here. I'm planning on getting a t-shirt (or onesie) for Xander to wear to announce to our parents that we're expecting (not until June). Which of these do you ladies like? Or do you have other suggestions?

40. Mrs. High Heels

@Adira: I like #3!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee