Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@cmomma17: happy birthday to your LO!!

@Adira: that happens to my lil' guy too - toddlers are strange, unpredictable creatures!

@Silva: aw poor girl!! glad the drugs gave her some relief, and like blackbird said, hopefully the worst is behind you now!

@travellingbee: enjoy your wedding and time away!! J is almost getting the hang of opening doors, but ours are the round ones and not the ones with the handles so he still can't quite get it yet.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: Wow, really??? I just can't imagine J being anything but happy, based on all his pictures, haha! But I guess it must be a normal thing at this age. I just hope my guy is in a better mood tonight (and actually eats dinner)!

3. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@jodyblair: excellent! That's exactly what I was thinking of doing, just waiting for his eczema to clear up a bit so I'll be able to tell if he's reacting. (We know he is also sensitive to other things but haven't been able to figure out what...so frustrating).

@cmomma17: happy birthday!

@Adira: B has been ridiculously clingy the last few days...no idea what's up with that. I'm calling it a phase! (I hope )

In other news, we went to the zoo this morning, and B was in AWE. So much fun. I always feel bad that we don't do as much stuff with him as we did with N, but I think dropping the second nap has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

4. Adira

@Baby Boy Mom: I want to do something like that!!! We haven't really brought Xander anywhere interesting, so I feel bad. I want to go to a zoo or the aquarium or something!

5. Mrs. High Heels

@Adira: Oh yea, he has a temper and STRONG opinions!! He's a passionate lil guy, meaning he can go from very happy but veryyyy mad in about two seconds! I hope Xander is in a better mood for you later today!

6. Mrs. High Heels

@Baby Boy Mom: the zoo - how fun!

@Baby Boy Mom: @Adira: J has been in a clingy phase for the past couple months, ever since he turned one it got pretty extreme. He's pantsed me a couple times while trying to crawl his way up my leg!

7. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@baby boy mom, Oh yay! i can't wait to take E to the zoo next week. Last time, we went at Christmas for Zoo Lights and it was really more for us than her.

8. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: #1

9. Smurfette

@Baby Boy Mom: We took R when she was like 2 months old so I can't wait to take her soon. And to the aquarium! We are going to TN over Memorial Day weekend and going to that aquarium too.

10. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Adira: The first or last one.

11. Smurfette

Sweet Jesus!!! The bottom molar is in. And even better the top two are half way!!!

12. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Smurfette: Finally!!!! Sweet relief! Hope R is feeling better now

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: yay, nearly done with molars right?

B has had a not so great day. He has a terrible cough that woke him at night a couple of times and I think that last canine is still bothering him. He hardly ate anything at breakfast although it was basically only his favorite foods. He's down for his first nap now (after it taken nearly 1h of me rocking him to sleep) and I really hope he'll be back to his happy self after it.

14. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: is he feeling better?

And now the canines are starting. Shoot me!

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Pumuckl: Yes how is B doing?

@Smurfette: You just can't catch a break!

16. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: I LOLed at being pantsed; that's definitely happening around here too....especially in the kitchen when I'm trying to get dinner ready...

@Smurfette: That's awesome! R will have so much fun! And glad to hear things are improving on the teething front!

@blackbird: Have fun! I'm sure E will love it!

@Pumuckl: How's your little guy doing?

Ok people, tell me we have a wonder week coming up? B is acting totally nuts! Two days ago he climbed up onto the stroller. What?! Then yesterday he climbed on a box of diapers and STOOD UP. DH rescued him in the knick of time, but we are pretty sure he was about to jump! What is going on? I'm on the verge of a heart attack multiple times a day...

17. Smurfette

@Baby Boy Mom: I don't know about a wonder week but R is obsessed with climbing things lately.

18. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Smurfette: Well that's good to know! I was just thinking clinginess + crap sleep + climbing stuff = wonder week...

19. Adira

Ugh, Hubs and I caught Xander's stomach bug... booo...

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I like the first shirt the best. I hope your feeling better soon.

@Baby Boy Mom: I am not looking forward to standing on things!

@Pumuckl: How is your guy doing? I hope he is feeling better.

Tonight is going to suck! Isaac has been in bed for 1.5 hours and is now awake for the 5th time. I don't know why he won't just stay asleep.

21. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Adira: Oh man! Hope you feel better soon!

@ALV91711: FWIW I don't remember my eldest being wild with his climbing, so maybe you'll be spared the pleasure. B was also in our bed for many hours last night...wishing both of us restful nights tonight...

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: I hope you get some sleep tonight.

6 wakeups in two hours. Most only a few minutes, but lots of shrieking. The fourth wake up I went upstairs and found it was really warm, so I opened a window and left bedroom doors open. The 6th wake up I go in and he is standing. He had a soaked diaper. So a change and a quick rock and he's been asleep for 15 min. I hope he will sleep a nice long stretch now.

23. Adira

@ALV91711: Yikes! How'd the rest of your night go??

And it appears my stomach bug was only a 24 hour thing. I'm feeling much better today!! Going to stick with BRAT-like foods though just to be on the safe side.

24. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ALV91711: T did that the other night, up every 40 minutes or so and usually putting herself back to sleep, until I nursed her at 10 and then the night continued as normal. I realized the next morning that she was finally getting her bottom left incisor!

I have no explanation for last night, however, other than maybe she wanted to comfort her mama who was sad about her turning one so she slept like a newborn again.
    Happy birthday to my bug! I was having flashbacks of labor and delivery last night.

25. blackbird

@Silva, Happy birthday to T!!!!

@adira, glad you're feeling better! Our household had that a couple weeks ago, so awful. Ugh.

We also had a shit night of sleep last night. Babies are such weird little creatures.

26. Smurfette

@Adira: Glad you are feeling better!
    @ALV91711: Oh no!
    @Silva: Happy Birthday T!!!!!
    @blackbird: oh no!! How much was she up?

27. blackbird

@smurfette, well she was up from 6:45-8:15/8:30-ish, then up from 3-4:15 or so. Usually she's a 7:00pm-6:00am sleeper. Just a WTF night

28. Smurfette

@blackbird: Did she go back to sleep ever?

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Sorry to have been pretty absent for easter! But goodfriday and easter monday are holidays here so my family came down and we all hung out at my grandma's place.
    B is doing a lot better. The weird rash he had friday disappeared by sunday and he was slowly getting better. Yesterday he was back to his smiley self again. It was still a lot of faces for him to deal with and he got tired a lot earlier than he normally would. So he was sleeping in his stroller a lot. Other than that he did fine and I was just glad everyone got to see the "real" B yesterday
    Now I just hope we'll not have too many teething episodes ahead of us. He's still missing some of the occlusal surface of his top molars although all peaks are through. The canine has also made its grand entrance.

@Smurfette: Sorry to hear R (and her mama) aren't getting any break on the teething front! Hope the canines are less painful for her!
    @Silva: Happy Birthday to T!
    @blackbird: Sorry, about the rough night. Hope tomorrow will be a "non-WTF-night"!
    @Adira: Glad you're feeling better. I heartily hate stomach bugs! I like the first t-shirt.
    @ALV91711: Hope Isaac went back to sleep for you and didn't keep up that insane waking rate.
    @travellingbee: How did your wedding go? Did L do okay with you not being there?
    @Mrs. High Heels: B also has these 2 second mood swings. I just try not to laugh all the time.
    @Baby Boy Mom: I remember my mum telling me that my little sis was also a little daredevil. Maybe it’s a second born thing… But it nevertheless sounds really scary!
    @AprilFool: How's H doing?

30. Adira

So it's not a word, but that Xander has started making car noises when he plays with her car toys! It doesn't actually SOUND like a car noise, so it took us a little bit to figure out what he was doing, but he's definitely been mimicking me, just higher pitched, haha! It's so cute!

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: Great update! Glad B has his energy back and is all smiles again!

@Adira: Awe, I love this!! Instagram video, please!! I just love watching Pete zoom around the floor with his little cars.

@ALV91711: @Silva: @blackbird: Sounds like we are all having some rough nights this week! Ugh! Pete woke up at 11:20pm last night and could not fall back asleep. We tried everything- rocking, snuggles, back rubs, milk, water, CIO- and it still took over two hours to get him to sleep. So tired today!

Yes, here's hoping no more WTF nights for anyone tonight!

@Silva: Happy Belated Birthday to T!! How did the day go?

My exciting news is that Pete has FINALLY started babbling like a normal baby! He still hasn't said any real words but he is making a ton of different sounds and practicing his sounds a lot. I know some babies take longer to say words and I'm okay with that. I was worried that he hardly ever even babbled. But now, I just love hearing his sweet little voice gab all day long.

Aside from last night, we had a really nice five day holiday together. We had baby playdates with our new neighbors, went hiking, and overall felt like we were in a good groove. It was so hard to leave him to go back to work today. 39 days until summer but who's counting?

32. Adira

@QueensBee: I'll try to remember to videotape it next time he's doing it!

And yay for babbling!!! Xander still only really says three words, but he babbles and ton and it's soooo cute!! Glad Pete finally joined in on the babbling bandwagon!

33. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: Great update! Keep us posted on the liver markers.
    @Adira: too cute!
    @QueensBee: Yay!!! Sorry he is having trouble going to sleep. R took 45 mins tonight. How is the new day care?

34. Adira

OMG girls, I had the strangest dream last night! I dreamt that I was pregnant (with Xander I think), but I was still getting my period. I wanted two kids and I wanted them close in age, so Hubs and I immediately started trying again. So I got pregnant AGAIN (WTF - how is that even possible???) and so I was apparently pregnant with TWO babies that were due only a few weeks apart from each other! (I don't know how this works because when I took the second pregnancy test, how did I know it was telling me about the second pregnancy and not the first???) So at first I was really excited that my two kids would be close in age, but then I started freaking out because I was basically pregnant with twins (except they would be born weeks apart) which made it a high risk pregnancy, and so I started worrying about both babies and whether they would make it to term!

35. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: That's a crazy and hilarious dream! I'm impressed you remember it so vividly!

@Smurfette: New daycare is going okay. He still doesn't nap as well as I'd like there but he's happy so I'm happy! Did you decide to definitely switch R to the closer-to-home center?

Last night was so much better than Monday. He woke up at 11:45pm again but put himself back to sleep within five minutes. Thank goodness! And then he slept until 4:57am. I brought him into bed with us at 5am and he slept like a log (snoring!) until we all got up at 6.

36. Adira

@QueensBee: Pregnancy dreams are so crazy!!

That's awesome that Pete was able to put himself back to sleep when he woke up!! And then basically slept through the night! Also, I'm totally impressed bringing him into bed with you put him back to sleep. Xander would be all "PARTY TIME!!!"

37. Smurfette

@Adira: Weird!!
    @QueensBee: I hope P starts napping better there.
    We are going on Friday to look at it. Her teacher told me today that they call R the shadow cause she follows her teacher everywhere. That makes me feel bad about moving her but I know in the long run it will be better. We are going to take R with us to tour the place. So I am hoping we can see the teacher interact with her. Glad that you got better sleep!!!

38. Smurfette

How long does everyone's LO sleep at night? R goes to sleep 7 t0 730 but no matter what is up at 530. She wakes up and wants to go back to sleep but can't. She rolls around the crib, sits up, and then lays down, over and over. Usually around 6 she starts whinning.

I don't know how to get her to sleep longer. So most days she gets 11-12 hours total with naps. Not enough sleep at all.

39. Adira

@Smurfette: Lately it seems like Xander is getting around 10, MAYBE 11, hours at night. He'll go down between 6:00 and 7:00, depending on his naps, and will wake up between 5:00 and 6:00. It seems like after I nurse him, he rarely falls back asleep, and Hubs ends up just getting him up around 6:30 because he's whining. On the weekends, he'll usually sleep a little longer though because I don't get him immediately when he wakes around 5:00 and he'll often fall back asleep until around 7:00. But I don't think he's ever gotten more than 11.5 hours of sleep (and that's with wakeups).

40. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@QueensBee: Jack doesn't have any words yet either - I THINK he might be trying to say "hi" and "uh oh," but nothing for sure. He definitely babbles all day long, but doesn't say mama or dada anymore, which bums me out.

He also refuses to walk, even though I know he can. He cruises everywhere, and I've seen him take solo steps in the pack n play and in his crib on the monitor, but if we're watching/encouraging him, he drops to his knees and crawls around laughing like a loon.

I'm not worried about his milestones - he's a really hefty baby (26 lbs, 31 inches) so I know they tend to be later walkers and he was a late crawler, and boys are often behind girls in words. But MIL is definitely stressing since apparently DH was walking at 9 months and saying "hat" before he was 1. I just laugh and say Jack must be slow like me, hahaha

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee