Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Oh yeah we bumped to a 7:30pm bedtime, but still on a 6:30-6:45ish wake up time.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@QueensBee: I hope that's not true, haha. I love the afternoon nap!

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We put Isaac to bed at 7 (I don't know what time he actually falls asleep) and he's up at 5:30 every day. Except today he slept until 6:15. He still has a 2 hour nap every day. We've tried to put him to bed 30-60 minutes later but he won't sleep later and just ends up being cranky.

4. Adira

@ALV91711: Thanks! So it sounds like Xander's bedtime is middle of the range. And he generally goes down pretty easily around 7:30 - it just takes a lot of warm-up (brush teeth, diaper change, pjs, inhaler, play play play, THEN books books books). I wonder if he's just getting up early lately because he's been sick. And he still does have a 2 hour nap too.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Getting ready for bed here starts at 6!

Ladies, we are going to try to start potty training tomorrow. Yikes!

6. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, yeah, it takes a good hour for us too!

Good luck with the potty training!!! I'm too scared to start...

7. blackbird

@ALV91711: good luck!

@Adira: Daycare advised I start closer to 2.5/3, so I'm waiting until about Dec maybe?

8. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: good luck!

@Adira: boys usually are later and harder. So I would hold off!

@blackbird: I am hoping we can try this summer. But so far she isn't ready at all. I mean she can't pull her pants down yet, so I am not in a hurry.

9. Adira

@blackbird: @Smurfette: Thanks girls!! Xander seemed interested initially when he got his new potty, but now he doesn't seem to care, so I don't think he's really ready yet anyway.

10. blackbird

@Smurfette: Ah definitely. E can pull her clothes off and will tell us "I pooey" when she poo'd. The problem is that she likes to tell us she pooey'd ALL THE TIME. Even when there's no poo. What she really likes to do is watch me pee, though

11. Smurfette

@blackbird: R is the same way. She loves to watch me pee and giggle. She says she pooped and then we look and she didn't. But at least she tells us now and we can change her right away. She runs right for her room.

12. blackbird

@Smurfette: It's definitely a start!

13. Adira

Ahhh!!! I just scheduled Xander's first dentist appointment! I'm scared! Has anyone else done this yet??

14. Smurfette

Nope! We will probably take her this summer.

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Good luck and definitely let us know how it goes!

Pete shows absolutely no interest in the potty and won't even sit on his. If I ask him when he plans to use the potty, he says, "Someday." Very vague! I don't feel rushed right now and I'll keep on mentioning it, reading books about it, etc. for a while. I hope he comes around by next year this time!

@Adira: I am so terrified to do this! It's still so hard to brush his teeth. He doesn't let anyone near his mouth, I can't imagine how he would be at the dentist. But I know it has to be done, probably this summer. Let us know what it's like!

16. Adira

@QueensBee: hahaha, I love that Peter answers your with "someday!" to your question about the potty. Not sure Xander's clever enough to answer a question like that.

@Smurfette: @QueensBee: I'll definitely tell you girls how it goes! His appointment is on the 27th (right at lunch time, so I'm kind of nervous about that too).

17. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

DH and I spent the day converting LO's room into a big girl room in preparation for LO2 due in June. DH is bringing her home any minute. Wish me luck with the big girl (floor) bed transition. I am so scared.

@QueensBee: "Someday" - I love that.

18. Smurfette

@Corduroy: good luck!

19. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Adira: Our ped says there's no rush. She said at this age it's more for introductions and getting her acquainted with the dentist. We don't have dental insurance, so I don't want to pay $200 for a meet and greet!

@Corduroy: Good luck!

So, Sadie has started asking me for a baby sister! Like several times a day. I blame Daniel Tiger. Sorry, chick... not any time soon!

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: @blackbird: @Smurfette: @QueensBee: Thanks ladies. So far this morning he does not want to put underwear on. I'm not going to push him and make him. I just figured since he was asking to use the potty and we don't have to be anywhere that we would try and start.

@blackbird: Every morning when Isaac wakes up he yells I poop again, but usually he is just wet.

@Adira: I'm just waiting for my benefits to kick in later this month and then I'm going to take Isaac. I hope your appointment goes good.

@QueensBee: I love his answer! How do they even know to say these things.

@Corduroy: I hope she loves her big girl room and sleeps good in her bed.

@photojane: Oh no. What do you tell her?

21. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Thanks for the good wishes on the bed transition. Last night went well and she's fallen asleep for nap. She stayed in the bed after I left the room both times. The Elmo Big Enough for a Bed book seemed to help her with the transition.

I was really worried about her waking up and causing trouble in her room. Silly me, I forgot that she wakes up crying every single time so I don't think knowing she woke up will be an issue after all. We did some pretty extensive toddler proofing to prepare anyway. DH's little sister has a (very small) facial scar from falling off a cabinet or closet shelf in her room when she was 2 so DH was much stricter about everything than I would have been. Glider was removed, closet door locked, dresser anchored, dresser drawer locks ordered, floor bed. Is that typical? Maybe I'm just really lax.

22. Adira

@Corduroy: We haven't anchored anything, but I know that we should, just to be on the safe side...

23. Adira

I apparently have to teach Xander how to eat a cupcake correctly...

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is cute!

@Corduroy: Glad she is sleeping well. I haven't anchored anything yet, but have thought about it for once we put him in a bed. I never knew about dresser door locks, that would be handy.

Tonight while DH got Isaac ready for bed I emptied his closet of all baby stuff and clothes. Now to sort through it and figure out what to keep and what to give away. I didn't realize I had so much stuff crammed in there. Good thing I have wine and DH is out.

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How is everyone doing with the time change so far?

I was a bit nervous about bedtime tonight. But then his nap was about 20 min shorter today and he was tired. Went down at 7 no problem. I'm just hoping this doesn't mean an early wakeup tomorrow.

26. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@photojane: Awww, haha. That's a big request!

@ALV91711: Any success with the potty this weekend? I know, it's crazy how much baby stuff we have accumulated and how quickly they grow out of it!

@Adira: I admire his no-nonsense approach to eating the cupcake! Hands are overrated anyway!

@Corduroy: Sound like a success so far! Thanks for mentioning the Elmo book, I'll have to check that out. I think it's smart to go over the top when babyproofing their room, if only for your own peace of mind. You'll sleep better knowing that there's nothing that can get her in trouble in there! We do have the furniture anchored Pete's his room, and most rooms in the house. Depending on the age when we move him to a bed, we may or may not remove the glider and bookshelves. We also haven't decided on the floor bed or not yet.

@ALV91711: I don't know if it's the time change or something else, but Pete's had a weird sleep weekend. He took a 20 minute cat nap in the car on Saturday and no nap on Sunday. He's been waking up super early in the mornings too. Ahhhh, I hope we can back on a proper nap schedule because I'm not ready to give up the nap. He feel asleep around 7:30pm last night, woke up at 3am and came into bed with us, and is now sound asleep at 6:20am. I'm going to have to wake him up in about ten minutes for school...

27. Adira

@ALV91711: I completely forgot about the time change. We all got up late (except the baby - he got up at his normal time). And then Xander went to bed late. So... parenting fail. I'm curious how today will go. Although maybe now Xander will actually sleep until 7:00, when he had been waking at 6:00.

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: No potty success. But that is ok.

It is just about 6:30 and I'm going to have to go wake Isaac up so we can be out the door on time. He never sleeps this late or this long.

@Adira: Hopefully it will get Xander to start sleeping later again.

29. Smurfette

R didn't fall asleep till like 845 last night. We were out to lunch with the ILs and then she wouldn't fall asleep for her nap yesterday. So at 4 I woke her up cause I didn't want her napping later. So that could have been why she went to sleep late too (took her an hour to fall asleep). This morning I had to wake her up. I hate leaving the house when it is dark still!

30. blackbird

@Adira: hahaha! While you're at it, teach E how to eat sandwiches. @Smurfette: I do, too! And E was crabby when i woke her up. But i love having all the light in the evening

31. Smurfette

@blackbird: ha! R takes sandwiches apart to eat them, does E? Yes the light in the evening will be nice. We can start taking walks again when we get home.

32. blackbird

@Smurfette: YES!!! She peels them apart and then either picks the peanut butter or melted cheese off it. And then kind of eats the bread. But mostly just licks and picks the fillings off. Kind of drives me insane!

33. Adira

@blackbird: @Smurfette: Is it terrible that I don't even know if Xander knows how to eat sandwiches or not because I never make him any??? I made him a peanut butter jelly one once, but I cut it up into small pieces and he pulled each piece apart and just ate the jelly side...

34. Smurfette

@Adira: we do sandwiches at least once a week. If not for dinner, then for sure for lunch. She eats the bread, then the cheese, and then the meat. Yesterday we were out for lunch. We got her grilled cheese. She wouldn't touch it. I finally got one piece in her mouth. Then she picked off the bread, ate it, and then started picking the cheese off. Weirdo! I on the other hand was drooling over her grilled cheese as I ate my salad.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: hahaha, now I want a grilled cheese!

My husband is very anti-sandwiches for dinner and I usually just forget to even think about it on the weekend. I know he gets them at daycare, but I don't know how he eats them, haha.

36. Smurfette

@Adira: we do them for dinner when DH is gone if I am not in the mood to cook.

37. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, good point. If my husband was away as much as yours, I'd probably have sandwiches more often.

38. blackbird

@Adira: we do them for weekend lunches a lot! I love me a cold turkey sandwich. Sometimes I throw a PBJ at her if DH has class and I have something like spicy thai curry that I know she can't handle

39. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I meant to ask you this weekend, how was R's party? Those Minnie Mouse pretzel treats look sooo cute (and yummy!) on IG!

40. Smurfette

@QueensBee: It was great!! The weather was perfect! It got chilly once the sun went down but that was ok. People could still hang out outside. She has a blast playing with her cousins. We had just enough food, but we did run out of buns. Opps! They drank all the beer too! She got some good gifts. 4 families went in together and got her a playhouse for outside, so that was nice. So I don't think she got a ton of little stuff. Lots of playdo and coloring stuff.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee