Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@blackbird: Ha, yes, he is a chatterbox! It doesn't always make sense but he sure has a lot to say!

@ALV91711: Their memories are really impressive!

@travellingbee: Looks like he had a great time at his party and with his new gifts! He sounds like a little ham with his teachers!!

@Smurfette: Sounds like he hasn't forgotten! I will say that I do love Pete facing forward now. He's so much more a part of the car/conversation. But I'm also much more nervous driving around!

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: we switched it this afternoon and she loved it! She looks so grown up!!!

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

L's 2 year appointment was this morning. He's 35 inches (2 foot 11) and 30lbs. Think he's fallen a bit in percentages.

4. Smurfette

@travellingbee: big boy! R's is tomorrow, I can't wait to see how much she weighs. Guessing around 28/29lbs.

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Glad the switch went well!!

@travellingbee: Big boy! Xander's not even 25 lbs. And his height check was totally off. According to them, he's actually shrunk, which I know isn't right. Did L have to get blood drawn too? We just took Xander to do that yesterday and he was NOT a fan.

6. Smurfette

@Adira: what is the blood for?

7. Adira

@Smurfette: I think it's just routine lab work that they do yearly.

8. Smurfette

@Adira: I don't remember them ever taking blood from her. but I guess they have cause I know they checked her iron at 9 months.

9. travellingbee

The doctor said (here at least) that they often seem like they had less growth at this appt. because they said they switch from measuring them laying down (stretched) to measuring them standing up.

10. travellingbee

@Adira: no bloodwork here but he got his 2nd hep a shot

11. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, I THINK my office does routine lab work every year. Once the results are on, I'll be able to tell you exactly what they were looking at.

@travellingbee: Oh man, shots suck. Sorry!

12. Smurfette

@travellingbee: that is good to know (about the measuring). Not looking forward to the shots tomorrow. DH is taking the morning off to take her for her hearing test at the ENT (post tubes since they couldn't do in Jan) and I got the well visit in the afternoon. I like to go so I can talk to the pedi but I hate I always have to deal with shots. Going to bring goldfish!

I am ready for growth to slow down. We had to go buy more long sleeved shirts cause she outgrew hers! And leggings.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: He's going to be tall. Good to know about the measuring for height.

@Adira: Isaac is probably just 25lbs, we'll find out next Monday, but he is a small kid.

@Smurfette: That is good that you don't have to do both appointments. What shots is she getting. Isaac's last ones were at 18 months and he doesn't have to go again until 4-6yo besides the flu shot.

Today I asked Isaac what they had for lunch and he told me birthday cake. He is obsessed with birthday cake. When we were talking about his birthday this weekend and how we would all be singing to him at his party all he had to say was "and cake!"

14. travellingbee

@ALV91711: ha ha L says the same thing. He's also obsessed with cake!

15. Adira

@travellingbee: Ours measured the height laying down, but the nurse didn't stretch him out at all, so the measurement was definitely off.

@ALV91711: Oh good! Mine's not the only peanut.

16. Adira

@Smurfette: Got the bloodwork back. Looks like they ran 4 tests: "hemogram," "differential, automated," "scan," and "NBRC." The hemogram looks at stuff like white blood cell count, red blood cell count, platelets, hemoglobin, etc. Not sure what the other tests look at because I couldn't understand the results, haha.

17. travellingbee

@Adira: yeah I feel like the laying down ones are not super accurate

18. Adira

@travellingbee: Yeah, I agree. I hope next time he can get measured standing up. I think it'll be more accurate and he'll be less likely to freak out about it.

19. Smurfette

@ALV91711: I will let you know about the shots. We go this afternoon.
    When you ask R what kind of b-day party she had, she says Cupcake!

20. Adira

@Smurfette: I don't think R will be getting any shots at this appointment. Xander didn't. I think they were both on the same shot schedule and we were done with shots after 18 months (besides the flu shot) until they are 4 or 5 I think.

21. Smurfette

@Adira: I am pretty sure they told me that this was the last round till 4 when I asked at her 18M appointment. I got a notice from daycare that her immunizations were expired as well.

22. Adira

@Smurfette: Hmm... weird. Xander definitely didn't get any shots at his two year appointment and no one has said anything at daycare about it. I thought we were done with shots for now. You'll have to let us know what shots R gets this time.

23. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: @Adira: we're done with shots?! That would be awesome!

24. Smurfette

She is 27.10lbs(75%) and height is 34 9/8 (75%). Doctor said she is doing great. She got her 2nd hepatitis A one. She cried for 5 secs. She did awesome!! No tears for the doc either.

Can't believe we don't go back till 3!

And I got her a milkshake as a reward she loves it. And she decided she is just drinking it for dinner. Ops!

25. Adira

@Smurfette: Wow! Big girl! Bummer about the shot, but sounds like she did great! I can't believe you don't go back until 3! Xander goes back in 6 months.

26. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Hi Mamas!

Popping in with a quick update, but I know I'm terrible at keeping up with this thread.

K had her 2yr appt. yesterday (about a 1.5 week past her bday).
    Height: 35 1/4"
    Weight: 23lbs 6 oz.
    Had Pneumoccocal and Hep A. Was so fussy yesterday and today. Now she has a fever of 103.5. Maybe she's just not that great with some vaccines. I feel so bad. She keeps pointing to her leg and crying owwie.

And I've already posted a few places, but yeah - K is going to be a big sister end of September!

27. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Smurfette: sounds like a great visit. Milkshake sounds delicious!

28. Smurfette

@shopaholic: wow! K is really tall!! She has to be in the 85%. Congrats on the new baby!! At least after this you are done with shots for awhile. Hope she feels better! Hopefully resting on the couch will help! I find keeping them off their feet helps with the soreness.

29. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

Interesting hearing about all the 2 year appointments. DH took LO this time. He said they had her wear a paper gown now that she's 2. I really wish he took a pic because it sounds hilarious to me. No shots this time. I think the next round is at 4. I don't think LO has had her blood drawn since the itty bitty baby days, maybe even the hospital.

@travellingbee: Our growth charts changed from CDC to WHO (or the other way around) at 2 so LOs percentiles changed quite a bit.

@shopaholic: I hope your LO feels better soon!

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: She's tall! Milkshake for dinner sounds delicious!

@shopaholic: Hope she's feeling better soon. Congrats on #2!! K will be a great big sister.

@Corduroy: I can't even imagine how cute a paper gown would be. The only time Isaac had blood drawn was in the hospital when he was born.

I find it interesting how different the appointments for our LO's are in all the different areas. We go next Monday for the 2 year appointment.

31. Adira

@shopaholic: Poor K! I hope she recovers from the shots soon. And congratulations again on your pregnancy!!

32. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@shopaholic: Congrats!!!!!

33. travellingbee

@shopaholic: wow! So tall! Congrats on the new baby!

34. travellingbee

@Smurfette: she sounds perfect and very tall! We don't back until 3 as well!

35. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@shopaholic: congratulations!

We're going for our 2yrs visit at the pedi's office tomorrow. We put him on a scale the other day and he's 15.5kg (which is a little over 34 lbs) so he's a big boy. But the he's over 3 ft tall so I guess it's ok... Baby sis will be getting her first shots tomorrow not looking forward to that.

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@shopaholic: Congratulations!!

@Corduroy: A paper gown sounds amazing!

So, it was only after reading all of your appointment updates today that I realized I should probably schedule one for Pete! Whoops! Going to call the pediatrician as soon as I sign off...

Happy to hear all the toddler are growing in leaps and bounds!

I'm on spring break this week but I'm busy running around and prepping for the party. I think we are having it catered (ordered cake and italian hero sandwiches), so food prep shouldn't be a big deal. Just trying to pull together a few loose ends. I can't believe it's a few days away!

37. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Ack! I put Pete to bed tonight and I could hear him whining a bit from his crib. I was sitting in my bedroom on the computer waiting for him to fall asleep when I heard his door open! He had climbed out of the crib and opened the door to come find me! I am shocked! I guess we will have to begin thinking about a toddler bed. I'm so not ready for this!!

38. Adira

@QueensBee: Ahhh!!! This is my biggest fear!!! Especially because Xander's bedroom is upstairs and ours is down. Are you going to transition him to a toddler bed as soon as possible now?

39. Smurfette

@QueensBee: oh no!! That is my fear too!! R hasn't tried to climb out again, which shocks me.

40. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Thank you ladies! I'm getting more excited now that it's officially announced!

Not sure what's going on with K. Her fever still keeps coming back as soon as the medicine wears off after 5-6 hours. A few moms in our mommy group were worried about Roseola bc one of the kids had it and suddenly 4 of our kids all had fevers within a day of each other. One has turned out to be an ear infection. The other two started with fevers before K and they've ended and now waiting to see if a rash appears or not. I'm still hoping it's just a reaction to the vaccine, but she's had like zero appetite and not drinking much either. But it doesn't slow her down at all. She's as energetic as ever. So confusing.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee