Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: B is a little giant, he shouldn't be your norm. Although one of his daycare buddies is the same age and even taller!

@Adira: hope Xander is doing better today.

@Smurfette: your trip sound amazing! Enjoy and lol on the battle for bedtime between you and DH.

All of your responses on how well the littles handled a couple of days with the grandparents makes me less hesitant to book a 4 or 5 day trip with DH and J (I'd be too much of a hassle to leave her with pumping etc.)

2. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Pete is a pretty good eater but he doesn't really like those foods either. I made him a cheeseburger for dinner yesterday. He took one bite, spit it out, and ate cherry tomatoes, half a banana, and raw carrots instead. I tried giving him a few bits of leftover filet with his breakfast this morning and he pushed it aside. He does like meatballs so I'm going to try to cook a bunch of small beef and spinach meatballs, freeze, them and then heat one up each day. I hope he eats them!

@Pumuckl: Wow, he has a friend who is even taller?! It must be the hearty German cuisine! You should totally do the trip! You guys must be moving soon now?

@Adira: Yes, we have the two peanut boys! But I do love them!! How is everyone at your house feeling today?

Pete had a great night of sleep for the first time in a while. He went to bed without crying (!!!!) and slept from 8pm-7:15am. It was blissful!

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: Yay for a good night of sleep! Ours was cruddy. L has a cough and some eye infection. He freaks out when we out the drops in...

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@QueensBee: Well Logan has a new cold, but so far it's not bothering him much. And poor Xander is teething, but seems over his illness! Though the diaper rash he got during it is brutal...

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Ugh, sorry about that. I hope he feels better soon. Pete hates eye drops too. It was hard getting him to sleep tonight again. I really want DH to find a job that gets him home earlier than 9pm because the late and drawn out bedtimes are slowly killing me!

@Adira: Oh no! I hope the warm weather brings you some relief from the illnesses this month. Diaper rashes make me so sad. They always look so painful!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: R has a bad yeast rash:(

I saw one 2 yr molar is in! Maybe that explains the constant crabbiness and tantrums.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: A few day getaway is a great idea.

@travellingbee: Eye drops are terrible to give. It usually takes both of us to do it.

@Adira: Is he getting his 2 year molars.

@QueensBee: I can't imagine doing bedtime on my own every night. You must be exhausted.

@Smurfette: Poor thing, hope it clears up soon. Hopefully the other 3 will follow soon.

My mom left yesterday after a week here. Poor Isaac all morning kept asking where's Grandma. It just broke my heart.

8. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, Xander's had a yeast rash before too. We have meds for that. I'm actually wondering if his diaper rash might be a yeast infection and I should use the cream I have...

Ugh, molars. We're in molar hell right now too. Xander's never been so crabby getting in teeth before, but these are really bothering him! I hope they all come up quickly for our kids!

@ALV91711: Yep! He's getting those nasty two year molars! And how sweet Isaac loves his grandmother and misses her!

9. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Oh no, that sounds terrible! I hope the creams kick in quickly. Also, I think you are probably on your way to vacation right now! Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing trip!!!

@ALV91711: It's sweet that Isaac loves his grandma so much. Pete's grandparents left on Sunday and he asks about them a lot too. "Grandma and Grandpa on airplane? At airport?"

@Adira: Yikes, you have your hands full this week! Are you still able to send the kids to daycare or are you handling it all at home?

10. Adira

@QueensBee: This week was a mess. Monday I took Logan with me to visit my mom while Xander went to daycare. Then Xander was sick Monday afternoon/night, so my husband stayed home with him and Logan went to daycare. I stayed home with Xander yesterday while Logan went to daycare. Both kids are back at daycare today, although Logan has a cold. And then tomorrow I'm staying home with Xander AGAIN because he has a dentist appointment! Gahhh!!!

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: sorry about the molars. B has all of his and with some of them I didn't even notice they came in so maybe it'll get better. J on the other hand also seems to be an early teether I can see her two buttom incisors already

My little dude is getting ready to potty train. He's been going #1 and #2 on the potty for a couple of weeks now if he wants to. Yikes... We'll definitely wait until we're settled into the new house and daycare though to fully jump into it.

12. Adira

We had our first dentist appointment today! It went about as well as I expected. Xander was totally fine until they called his name and then he got quiet and then started crying when I brought him back into the exam room. He sat on my lap, but refused to open his mouth for the hygienist. After she gave him some stickers, he warmed up and opened his mouth briefly for her to look. Then the dentist came in and had him lay back on me so she could look at his teeth. He screamed his head off during that part! But then it was over and we got to go home. Next appointment is in October!

13. Adira

Apparently the Dentist (and visiting a friend this morning) really tuckered Xander out! He went down for a late nap at 1:30 and is still asleep (it's 4:00)!!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: That is so awesome that he is using the potty. Sounds like he will be easy to train.

@Adira: After going to the doctor this week I'm so scared to do the first dentist appointment. I think Isaac will have pretty much the same reaction. I hope he goes to bed good after such a long nap.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: Yeah! My last few trips to the doctor made me think Xander would freak out at the dentist and he did. Hopefully next time will be better. And he surprisingly went to bed just fine! I think he's coming down with a cold and needed the rest.

16. Adira

Xander had pizza for the first time today!! We bought a Vegan pizza and it was actually really good!

17. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: It does sound like your week was a mess! But thanks for the info re:the dentist. It's good to know what to expect! Honestly, I think it would probably be abnormal for a child to have a stranger poke around his mouth without screaming, so the doctor must be used to it! I still dread it though!

@Pumuckl: Ahh, let us know how the potty training goes! It does sound like he is ready. Our neighbors have an LO who is 2 years 5 months, and they are trying out the three day method this weekend. They've been sending us some updates from the trenches but no success yet!

So I have a bit of good news!
    We assembled the toddler bed today and Pete is currently asleep in it right now! He definitely put up a fuss before his nap and insisted that DH put him to bed instead of me (ouch!), but he did fall asleep. I can't believe he's really in there! I do miss his crib and I may or may not have cried a bit when we took it apart. I hope tonight is as successful!

18. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: How fun!! What brand did you find?

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Pizza is a favourite food around here.

@QueensBee: I hope he has a good night sleep in his bed. What a big boy.

I love seeing all these things they are doing and discovering but it is making me sad at the same time. How did our babies turn into toddlers so quickly?

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: I know, I truly can't believe that we're putting away so much of the baby stuff. They seriously grow so fast!

Toddler bed report #2 is not so positive. Bedtime took over 2 hours and he just fell asleep now (10pm). I have no idea how we are going to go through this during the work week. I hope he adjusts soon!

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: That is a rough start to the night. How did the rest of the night go?

22. Adira

@QueensBee: It was by American Flatbread. Although the store didn't have it when I went to buy it again.

Yikes! Sorry to hear about the rough bedtime! Hopefully he slept okay the rest of the night and tonight goes better.

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: yikes that sounds rough. Hope last night went better.

For us the countdown is on. In two weeks the movers will be here.

First we'll have to celebrate B's second birthday on Saturday though. We're not doing anything fancy with it being Easter.

24. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@QueensBee: Oh nooo! Did he at least STTN and stay in his own bed?!

25. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: @blackbird: Okay, we are three nights into the toddler bed and it isn't too bad! On Saturday, despite all the protesting and crying, he slept in there from 10pm to 7am. I heard him making noise at 7am on Sunday morning so I went into his room and found him reading books in his little bed. And yesterday, it took about an hour to put him to sleep (and lots of crying) but then he slept from 8pm to 6:30am. I actually had to go in there to wake him up for school, so he would have slept in even longer.

We're using a gate at the door to keep him in room right now and this clock to try to keep him in bed:
    http://www.amazon.com/Onaroo-Childrens-Alarm-Clock-Nightlight/dp/B00EAHSBV4

The clock doesn't completely work (he'll put up a fuss going to bed when the clock is yellow), but he smiles and feels really proud when he notices that the light is green when he wakes up.

@Adira: I hope they get the pizza back in stock soon! I love that brand!

26. blackbird

@QueensBee: I've heard good things about the light up clocks!

27. Adira

@QueensBee: Good idea about the gate at the door! What gate do you have?

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: It's actually a gate that we've been using for years for our dog, similar to this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/North-States-Industries-Supergate-Safety/dp/B0065ADP4C/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1427726313&sr=8-20&keywords=dog+gate+pressure
    I'm pretty sure he could climb over it but he hasn't figure that out yet!

29. Adira

@QueensBee: Thanks!

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: It doesn't have to be fancy to be fun! I re-used my decorations from last year and we just had grandparents here. Isaac had a great time.

@QueensBee: That clock is cute! I can't remember if you said, do you do any extra toddler proofing in his room or was it done already?

I keep meaning to ask but forgetting. What is everyone doing for milk now? Our pediatrician said we can switch to 2% whenever but I haven't. Except at daycare, they provide 2% there so instead of sending milk anymore he is drinking theirs.

31. Smurfette

@ALV91711: we switched to 2% per the doctor and this way we only have to buy one kind. We used to get FF since we just use on cereal or cooking so we are all switching to 2%.
    @QueensBee: glad that it is going well!!

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Only having to buy one kind will definitely be easier. How was your get away?

33. Adira

@ALV91711: I'm not going to be much help since Xander drinks hemp milk! I did ask the Hive recently about this though and it sounded like most people switched to 2% if that was what they (the parents) drank and otherwise kept doing whole milk.

34. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: we're still using unhomogenized whole milk. That's what we're using for our coffee too. Milk comes in smaller container sizes here though, it's one liter, so about a quarter gallon. So technically using different milks wouldn't be a problem.

@ALV91711: I'm sure he'll have a great time since he adores his grand parents and they'll be here.

Sleep has gotten to be an issue again here My poor DH spent three hours last night in B's room. We'll really have to work on it once we moved.

35. Adira

@Pumuckl: Yikes! Sorry to hear about your sleep issues.

Boo, I'm bummed! We're going to my SMIL and FIL's for Easter and I was excited for the Easter Egg hunt because I think Xander's old enough to enjoy it this year. I ordered a few dairy-free items to put in Xander's eggs that I knew he'd be excited about, but now SMIL and SIL are preparing and hiding the eggs the night before, so I can't contribute since we won't be there until the morning. I know it's not a big deal, but I wanted to be able to put stuff in Xander's eggs that I knew he'd enjoy and now I just have to leave it up to SMIL and SIL.

36. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: dr said it didn't matter since he doesn't drink that much. Right now, I'm still buying whole. I might switch to 2%.

37. Smurfette

@ALV91711: It was awesome! It was so nice not having a little one to look out after 24/7 for 5 days. She had a blast with my parents. To much! In fact we walked in the door and she ran back to my Mom, she didn't want them to leave.

@Adira: Can you do a mini hunt at your house before you leave?

38. Adira

@Smurfette: That would be fun, though I don't think we'll have time. Though maybe we could do one when we get home! Good idea!

39. blackbird

@Smurfette: Yay! Glad you had such a stellar trip!

40. Smurfette

@blackbird: Is it bad that I am already counting down till November when we get to do it again?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee