Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Jealous of your beautiful weather and outside space! I'm so happy to hear that she had a great time! And so thoughtful of your family to buy some big ticket items that she'll really use for a long time. That's awesome.

You know it's a fun birthday party when the grown ups enjoy all the beer!

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Sounds like a fun party! That is awesome that she got a playhouse.

Tonight Isaac had the most epic melt down/temper tantrum. I don't even know what started it but he ended up missing out on bath time and we put him straight to bed. He would just not calm down. He fell asleep after half an hour, I'm hoping he sleeps right through to morning.

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Yikes!!! Sorry to hear about you living in tantrum city. How did the rest of the night go?

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He woke up a couple times but was right back asleep. Usually he is awake now though, so maybe he will sleep in again.

5. Adira

@ALV91711: Glad the rest of your night turned out okay!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: I hate when those happen.

7. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Ugh, sorry you had to deal with that. Hope he is feeling better today!

We switched Pete's car seat to be forward facing this weekend. He was fighting us every single car trip so we decided to give this a try to see if it helps. So far, so good! I will say, he's a bit of a distraction to me back there. I keep wanting to look in the mirror at his sweet little face at every stoplight!

Also, we had a bit of an incident on Saturday afternoon. He was in his crib singing instead of napping and must have taken a poop. Eventually, I heard him yelling for me and when I opened the door to his room, I was greeted by an almost-naked boy standing in his crib, with poop and pee all over. Not fun! And he still seems to have no interest in using his potty until "someday."

8. Smurfette

@QueensBee: DH wants to switch R so bad. I kept saying not till 2, so I have a feeling we will be switching her this weekend. I don't see the point since she isn't fighting it. Her legs look a little cramped but she isn't complaining. But he is insisting she will like it better. Sigh.
    Oh no! Sorry you had to deal with that!!

9. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad forward-facing is going well for you. Bummer about the poopy incident though! Gross!

@Smurfette: Do you know why your husband wants to switch her so badly? But it's impressive you've been able to make it to two RFing! Most people I know IRL don't even get close!

10. Smurfette

@Adira: He just thinks that she will like it more and she will have more leg room. Plus it will be easier for us to hand her things, when we have too. Most people we know in IRL switch before 2, so I am glad that we made it to 2. I am going to wait for him to bring it up and then we can switch her.

11. Adira

@Smurfette: I definitely agree it'll be easier to hand her things if you need to! Sometimes Xander tries to hand me stuff by holding it above his head and I'm just like "Nope, you hold onto that until we get out of the car."

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: If she's happy back there, I'd probably try to stall him from switching it too. But yes, I think getting to 2 is pretty darn good!

13. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: @Adira: @QueensBee: my issue is the leg room! Two rear facing seats eats away a lot of my leg space while driving. Grumble.

14. Smurfette

@blackbird: as tall as you are, I don't know how you do it!

15. blackbird

@Smurfette: She's on the passenger side for now!

16. Adira

@blackbird: @Smurfette: I hear you about the legroom. The infant car seat takes up even more space than Xander's convertible, so whenever Hubs rides in my car, he's a little cramped. And his car is even worse! He wants to get a new one for this very reason.

17. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Smurfette: We are going to switch LO 2 at 2. Lo 1 stayed RF for 2 years and maybe 9 months but I think it will be easier for us to switch earlier this time...I don't want to wrestle her in anymore with a big belly!

18. Adira

I love that Xander know how to say "I love you." Yesterday when he was feeling sick, he was crying and I got down on my knees to hug him and he just latched onto me and said "I love you I love you I love you" over and over again.

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: awww, that is heart melting.

@Smurfette: That is great that you've kept her RF'ing. Isaac's seat is still RF in my card but it is forward in DH's truck. I was going to change mine in the fall and never got around to it, too cold to do it in the winter. When it warms up a bit I'm going to change it around.

@QueensBee: Doesn't sound like a fun afternoon clean up. Hopefully he changes his mind to sooner than someday.

Daycare has been putting Isaac on the potty once a day this week. I forgot to ask if he is peeing on it. We've been working on pulling his pants down this week and hopefully this weekend he will give the potty a try.

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Awwwe, your heart must have melted! So sweet!

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

For a laugh: A friend posted this on FB tonight and it reminded me of our carseat discussion earlier this week. My favorite one is, "Bend! BEND!"

22. Adira

@QueensBee: Haha, Xander has done all of these!

23. Smurfette

@QueensBee: lol!

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: lol! I get the rod all the time!

25. Smurfette

I over bought at Christmas, so we planned to give her a bunch of little things for her bday. Since DH didn't get home till late last night we didn't give her the presents on her bday. I was going to wrap them tonight. But DH and I decided to skip them and save them for a rainy day. She got so much other stuff and not like she is asking for presents. Is that horrible?

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I don't see anything wrong with that. At this age you can get away with it since she doesn't know. We aren't giving Isaac anything big, just some things that he needs and I'd probably buy anyway.

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Wow so many 2 year olds already!

@Smurfette: I'd totally do the same thing. Actually we're planning on only getting him some books since his birthday is easter Saturday this year.

@QueensBee: hahaha, luckily I have a kid who's usually easy to put into a carseat. He's still RF and we plan to keep him RF for at least another year since we have way higher speeds here (we don't have speed limits here so traveling at a 120mi+ is not uncommon).

Other than that things have been pretty smooth except for some sleep issues again. I've spent more time sleeping in the chair in his room than in my bed this week. Since the poor sleep appeared out of nowhere last week I hope it'll disappear as quickly as it came. Also things in the new house are slowly taking shape and the move is getting closer and closer. After this weeks sleep I'm just so over solo parenting 2.

28. blackbird

@QueensBee: omg E is in "the rod" stage. If she comes over to me, she'll happily go in her car seat. but i don't always have time to play games and shit, so sometimes i just put her in and she goes all stiff and tries to melt over the side of the seat.

What are you guys hoping your kids get for their bdays? We bought E a kitchen and she's REALLY into this little people barn our daycare lady bought her last year, so I hope she gets some more of those pieces. She could also use some clothes and pajamas for the summer, but that's really about it!

29. Smurfette

@blackbird: She got stuff that I told people to get her! I told my parents to get her a little table and chairs. My Aunt asked what they could go in together on and they found a playhouse for outside that they could afford. I told everyone else craft/coloring stuff, play-doh(which she hasn't used yet), Leap Frog Laptop, puzzles, Magformers, and this is her favorite toy.

30. blackbird

@Smurfette: OMG mr potato head! I didn't even think of that!

My mom wanted to know what to get her and I suggested a kitchen months ago. When I sent her a link, she said my dad decided to go to toys r us and pick her out something. So I have zero clue now lol. They aren't even coming to her bday because they told me they forgot and scheduled a trip to mexico they were just there in jan, too.

31. Smurfette

@blackbird: There one at day care, so it reminded me about it. She has to bring a toy today for show and share. She told us this morning that is what she wanted to bring. It is huge and she can hardly carry it, but whatever.
    That is sad that they aren't changing their plans.

32. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

My ILs got him a train table and my parents got him some tracks and trains. We got him a scooter and helmet. We told everyone else no presents. We have way too much already. L's birthday and party are tomorrow. Today I'll be making cupcakes!!

33. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Happy Birthday to L!! Hope he has a great party!

34. blackbird

@Smurfette: haha i bet! it's as big as her!

That's how they roll, unfortunately. Not like her bday actually changed since I had her! My dad wouldn't even come, it's too "stressful" he says. They have some pretty whack priorities (hence why I've seen a therapist for 2 years now!). But I'm really looking forward to her party and I'll be able to avoid all the stress and peanut gallery comments from her since i'll be 36+ weeks pregnant

@travellingbee: Ah, party time already! Trains are a good gift--E got a hand-me-down from SIL and loves to put the tracks together. I don't think she quite 'gets' it yet, though.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Not horrible at all! I'd do the same and R doesn't know the difference.

@Pumuckl: I have no idea how you're solo parenting 2. I've had to do it for an hour at a time here and there, and it drives me insane!!

@blackbird: Sorry to hear your parents are missing the party. That's such a bummer.

@travellingbee: Fun! Xander loves his train set!! Happy Birthday to L!! Have fun tomorrow!

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I think it's a brilliant idea! She had a wonderful birthday party filled with treats and time with friends. I think that's the best gift at this age!

@blackbird: I think we are going to get one of those toddler play tunnels for the party and count that as his gift. We may also get him a scooter but I'm undecided because our town doesn't have sidewalks and our driveway is unpaved.

Sorry that your parents are jerks about the birthday. I'm glad you can have a positive attitude and enjoy the day without them!

@travellingbee: Have fun tomorrow!

@Pumuckl: Wow, you have a lot going on! I hope the sleep gets better so you can have some energy to balance baby and move. In the meantime, lots of coffee?

Pete is starting to talk about his upcoming birthday party a lot! He knows that he's turning two and that his grandparents, Aunt Meg, and her (super fun lovable) dog will be coming, and he gets really excited about it! I think he's going to have such a good time, I can't wait! Also, I ordered his cake from our favorite bakery today. I absolutely love their buttercream frosting so I am counting down the days until I can have my slice of cake too.

37. blackbird

@QueensBee: that sounds so fun! I'm amazed at his verbal skills!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I hope those sleep issues resolve quickly. I don't know how you solo parent 2, you must be exhausted.

@Smurfette: Isaac has a Mr. Potato head and loves it. Could you put some of the things you didn't give her for her birthday in her Easter basket?

@blackbird: Wow, how do you forget? It isn't like it changes every year. Sounds like you'll have a fun day anyway without them there.

@travellingbee: Hope you have a fun Birthday party. Happy Birthday to L!!

@QueensBee: That is so awesome that he understands and knows about his birthday. Sounds like he will have lots of fun. I can't believe in a week we will have 2 year olds.

Today I was talking to Isaac about how Grandma is coming this week and she will be sleeping in the spare room. I figured that I should get him used to not playing in there for a few days. Then he started asking if Auntie Mel was coming too. He hasn't seen my sister in a year, but they did skype a couple months ago and is always talking about her.

39. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: yeah L's excited about his party too. He talks about it a lot and today when we went in to school, he walked up to his teacher and said, "happy birthday lukas!" She laughed and he asked her to sing happy birthday to him. so she did and he stood there shyly smiling. I brought ice creams and fruit salad to school and the kids had fun. Looking forward to his party tomorrow!

40. Smurfette

We just got in the car to go to the Children's Museum and DH has mentioned twice that we are switching her FF this weekend.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee