Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2015 Fitness/ Health Challenge

1. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@Kbee: I'm horrible about skipping days or meals on MFP- I really need to commit to tracking!

@ScarletBegonia: I did the same disappear act last time. Let's call each other out if we aren't checking in, ok? I need to be more accountable!

I wasn't oerfect this week, but I did much better! I worked out 3x, and was under my calorie goal the last two days.

2. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

I've had a bad weekend food wise - its been pouring and we've been stuck inside with a convenience store just next door - you do the math I have run twice and gone to pilates this morning though. Really want to start next week on a good note!

3. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@ScarletBegonia: I am not 'letting myself off the hook' for this weekend or anything, but I am with you- totally hoping to rev back up on Monday when things normalize.

4. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

I'm in. I started at the gym in December but this winter got me off track which suck because I was seeing a lot of progress.

Goal: lose my love handles. And gain muscles!!

DD is almost 3 and I just don't feel great about myself. I am going to plan for 5 days a week (targeted lifting routine with about 25 min cardio at the end) at the gym and try to eat less junk. Back to the gym on Monday and can't wait.

5. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

I'm having a bad week too you guys. It's the first week in about 4 weeks that I've skipped so many days. It's REALLY hard to find the time when it's exam week. I worked out Monday and Tuesday, but with all the studying I've had to fit in, and working this weekend - I just had to give it up for now. I did however stay on track with diet... until today. I bought popcorn, m&ms, ice cream and brownies because that's what I do when I am super stressed and need to study :-P. With my tests being on Monday and Wednesday, and that means Monday is already out too. I MIGHT be able to fit in gym time Monday after I get J from daycare, and will try Tuesday, but I really need to do well on these exams so it's just really stressful trying to fit it all in

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Mrs. Pen: cut yourself some slack! Worry about your exams and the gym second. You can make progress just watching your diet. And we all have days like that when we eat like crap. I know I am going to today and I have drank too much wine this weekend. But we still gotta live!

7. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

Well, I'm down another 1/4 inch on my gut from eating less this week (due to stress and LO's illness), and I hope to keep that and lose a couple of pounds by next Sunday.

@Mrs. Pen: I second @Smurfette: Don't let it be one more thing on your stressor list during an already hard time.

That being said....ladies, I saw photos of myself today....you would think the half naked one above would be enough, but nope, the ones in my clothes, standing w/ family were waaaaaay worse. What a wake up call. Best/ worst motivation ever! I hope to blow up the thread this week with updates of me sticking to my diet.

8. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

Now that I'm back after Lent.

What are you targeting?
    Overall weight. I need to lose 19 pounds.

Why?
    I'm 10 weeks post-partum and I need for my clothes to fit!

What is your goal?
    Final goal is the 19 pounds, but I'd also like to get my endurance back up to 5-7 miles per run.

How will you reach it?
    At the start, I'm only going to do the 10,000 steps, 50 stairs, and log all my food. I'll target 1800 calories, because I'm still breastfeeding. (To take into account 500 extra for BF'ing.) So, it'll take awhile!!

9. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@lizzywiz: oh the family pictures. I'm with you there!

I'm a little late but I'll join too!

What are you targeting?
    Overall strength and weight loss

Why?
    When I got pregnant I was down 30 lbs and halfway to my goal weight. Unfortunately I stopped being diligent and gained 50 while I was pregnant. I've lost 28 of that at 7 weeks pp but I have a long way to go.

What is your goal?
    I have about 60 lbs to lose, but I know that might not happen while I'm breastfeeding so my immediate goal is to get back some healthy habits, feel strong again, and to run a half marathon this fall.

How will you reach it?
    My plan right now is fairly ambitious but I want to work my way back up to my pre-pregnancy routine. 1 kickboxing class per week, 1 yoga class, 3 run days, and a jillian michaels video 5 days per week, plus walks with the double stroller when I can. Whew. That sounds like a lot but it's all stuff I enjoy so I think it will be manageable once I can physically get there post c-section. I also plan to track calories in mfp and cut way back on white carbs and added sugar.

10. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Pen: be easy on yourself! Just focus on getting through your exams and then you can get back to eating right and working out. It's a temporary break in your fitness and we all need to allow ourselves a break to make the weight loss sustainable. Good luck on your exams and I know you'll be back at it once it's all over and you're recovered

11. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: let's do this!

12. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I had a great week diet and fitness wise - mostly stuck to my calories per day (had date night yesterday so that was my splurge). I worked out Sunday through Thursday and couldn't work out Friday bc of a family situation and Saturday was date night - but 5 days is a success for me!

And DH and I worked out this morning together so we could get it out of the way so starting the week off on the right foot. And it's paying off! After a long plateau in my weight loss I'm finally shedding lbs again - I was down 1.5 lbs this week. Both DH and my friends could see a big difference in my physical appearance this weekend and that felt so good. 11.5 lbs to go to pre-pregnancy weight!

13. CakeLady

pear / 1657 posts

I'm in - a week late to it, but better late than never right?

What are you targeting?
    Lose a little weight and get some muscles!

Why?
    I lost my pregnancy weight plus a little (yay nursing!) but I started a new job a month ago and have gained a few pounds back Even though my weight is ok-ish, I am so soft and flabby where there used to be muscles.

What is your goal?
    Lose 5 lbs. Strengthen my core. Gonna focus on core first, then worry about the rest of my flabby self later.

How will you reach it?
    Keep my hands out of that darn candy bowl at work! Pack healthy lunches with more fruit and veggies. Getting to the gym is a challenge with busy schedules but I think trying to do some core exercises 5 days a week will be manageable. Also more yoga and going on walks. Small steps right?

14. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I'm in too! I really need some motivation!

What are you targeting?
    Mainly my arms and abs.

Why?
    We are trying to get pregnant with our second and it isn't happening. Our daughter will be 3 in June and I need something to take my mind off this dang long process. Plus, I hate not fitting into any of my summer clothes and hate looking at myself in the mirror. We are also going to San Diego end of May for vacation and I want to look and feel better about myself!

What is your goal?
    I would love to lose 5-7 lbs or at least look/feel toner.

How will you reach it?
    Unfortunately, we live in the middle of nowhere, so a gym isn't a possibility. I will do Piyo videos, have a 30 day exercise app, and bought stretch bands to work on arms exercises. Also, try to eat better and cut out sweets and alcohol for the next 10 days. Once I can accomplish that, I'll feel good..dang Reese's peanut butter eggs!

15. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

Motivation Monday.
    The Fighter.

16. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

Has anyone done 30 day shred? I do have that video, so maybe I'll throw that into the mix. Unfortunately, we can't get internet at our house, so youtube workout videos aren't an option.

17. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@NorthStar: I haven't done 30 Day Shred, but I have her Ripped in 30 and I LOVE that one. I'm assuming they are similar?

18. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

I am doing good for diet today, but my attitude (about dieting) is the pits. Restricting my calories makes me so angry. Like, HULK angry, ha.
    I don’t get it.
    I like being and feeling healthy. I hate feeling like a slug or bloated or overly full. I have recently been shocked by my size in several pictures. I have had the reality check of having to go up in clothing sizes. I am two points away from being overweight by BMI calculators. My back hurts because my boobs have ballooned to double D. Everything about the 10 pounds I gained brings me down.
    There is no good reason for me NOT to be dieting (not even by my ‘love the body you’re in’ standards).

But, as always, as we approach the evening hours, I am thinking about what is on the menu. And although I like healthy food, I’ll tell you right now that prepping a big salad or portioning out a couple ounces of cheese for myself is the last thing I want to do after a long day of work and toddler wrangling.

I am trying, though, and I will just have to fake it until I make it.

So, we are having a non-dairy veggie pasta dish tonight, something I like and totally within reason as long as I don’t go for seconds, and I thought I might bust out some fancy plates and sparkling water to add some spark to the meal.

I am also going to try a tip I got on here to do a teeth whitening treatment as soon as I am done so I don’t try to snack the evening away.

Anyone else have plans of attack to beat the cravings?

Hey, and you know what? writing this post helped de-HULK me. I feel more positive, yay!

19. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@lizzywiz: you're doing great! Cravings are tough to ignore. I do the brushing teeth trick in the evening. Or sometimes cap my meal off with a tea so it feels more complete.

@CakeLady: this is exactly how I'm feeling. The numbers on the scale aren't so bad. But I'm not liking the way they look on me.

@Mrs. Pen: I hope your exams went well. I always binge ate while studying so I can relate.

Last week for me was a bit of a bust. Ate terribly (especially during the three family dinners) and barely exercised. I'm just really struggling to find a way to get active beyond going for walks. My lo seems to need me 24/7 and I just don't know how to take a break from her. She's almost 7 months so I know logically she'll be okay if I go for a jog. Hopefully once I take the plunge and go out once it'll become easier.

20. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Peasinapod: @sandy: @lizzywiz: @Smurfette: you ladies are amazing. Thank you for the encouragement. It's hard to know that I took a full week off, but I am so motivated to get back into the swing of things after my exam tomorrow. Once I pick up J from daycare tomorrow afternoon, we're going to go together and get back into it. I did do my weekly weigh-in today and I didn't gain anything so that's good! And I only binge ate for two days out of the five (and it was only snacks, and one dinner), the rest of the week I still ate really healthy.

21. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@lizzywiz: It's definitely hard to stay motivated throughout the whole day! Life happens, and for many reasons it can be so difficult to stick to a healthy diet. I always eat the best when I can plan and prep some healthy foods in advance. That ensures that I've got some healthy lunches and dinners in the drive and ready to go. Of course the problem is finding the time to plan and prep, but when I do it works very well.

I didn't do any planning and prepping for this past weekend, and my family was also in town - so my diet was absolutely terrible. I'm back to tracking my calories today, and squeezed in a Ripped in 30 workout between nursing sessions this morning before I came to work.

@NorthStar: 30 Day Shred is great! I love it because it combines cardio and strength training - and the strength training is really key to weight loss. I'm doing Ripped in 30 now, which is similar.

22. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

Just wanted to update! Tonight I made it out the door for my first jog in almost a year. Baby survived without me.

My husband and I have made a deal to alternate days working out, and watching the baby.

I hope the first time getting out really was the toughest part....

23. Mrs. Lion

@Peasinapod: yay! I hope you feel relieved!

24. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@Peasinapod: That's great! I have a hard time leaving to go on a jog too, but when I come back I feel so refreshed and energized and like I can conquer anything That helps especially on days when the baby happens to be having a particularly difficult witching hour!

25. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@Peasinapod: That's wonderful! Keep up the great work!

26. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

I hope it's okay I'm joining late...
    What are you targeting?
    General weight but tummy area

Why?
    I'm at my highest non pregnancy weight. After I weaned DD in January I gained an extra 10 pounds and was hoping we would get pregnant again right away so I wouldn't have to feel as guilty about it but now I just feel gross and my clothes don't fit well. Boo.

What is your goal?
    Eat healthier and hopefully get a little more toned, lose a few pounds.

How will you reach it?
    Stop with the snacking and sweets as much, meal planning to have healthier meals especially for lunches. Start doing yoga at home and going for walks more. I was thinking about looking into an exercise bike for at home but wasn't sure if I'll stick with it. I hate running and it's hard on my back so that's out.

I really need to get my eating and snackin under control. It's so hard when we have snacks around and there is alway candy at work. I've been putting it off because of TTC but I want to be able to start healthy habits I can keep up with if we get pregnant soon. I feel like yoga, walks and clean eating are doable though even if I need to slow down and adapt later on. I'm sick of feeling gross.

27. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Peasinapod: that's awesome! I think you are right- scheduling that first and doing it is the hardest. It took me 2 years postpartum to really prioritize exercise ti!me and now it feels weird to miss a session.
    @Mrs. Pen: no gain is definitely a win! Hope you rocked exams

I am doing well w/ less dairy and less alcohol, on track w/ running and strength training schedule for the week and just trying to keep my head in the game, because my motivation to eat healthy always peters out later in the week.

28. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

Been to the gym twice this week, and today is leg day! I am weaker after a few weeks off, but feeling good and sore I am buying some dumbbells and a bar off a FB resale site so that if I can't make it to the gym I can still get in a workout. I am excited about that.

29. Mrs. Lion

@bpcmarj: nice!

I ran for the first time today since about a year ago when I got pregnant! I didn't do much, as per my OB's instructions, but it felt so good to be able to move and I was actually in better shape than I was expecting to be in! Planning on starting 30 day shred next week. Eek!

30. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@bpcmarj: How much was your bar?

My condo's gym doesn't have bars just dumbbells and I'm not a fan

I've been doing great! I'm travelling this week so I'm not sure if I can get any workouts in. I might try to get a run in but it'll be a little hard. You all sound amazing!

31. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Congrats! I fell my first run back hahaha but I did such an amazing job. It felt great.

32. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@bpcmarj: girl you are looking hot!

33. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@namaste: I lucked out. 2 12lb and 2 20lb dumbbells plus a bar with two 10lb plates for $20!!! I had to buy them just in case I need them!

34. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@Smurfette: @Mrs. Lion: thanks!!

35. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@bpcmarj: you look great!

36. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

I'm in! I don't know why I haven't seen this thread until just now!

What are you targeting?
    I still have about half my pp weight to lose, so mostly everything...but honestly at the moment I would be happy if the rest of that weight just fell off my stomach. Everywhere else doesn't look too bad.

Why?
    I have 4 beach holidays abroad to look forward to this year and I do not want to look as bad in a swimsuit as I did last year!

What is your goal?
    To lose 14lbs. That will get me back to my wedding day weight. I'd love to lose a further 7lbs on top of that, but I don't think it's going to happen. My short term goal is to lose 7lbs by the end of April.

How will you reach it?
    I go to fitness classes 3x per week, so that's great motivation...but honestly the only thing that makes me lose weight is to watch my calorie intake like a hawk! Especially at dinner...I stick to 300-400 calories max in the evening.

37. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

I'm off work this week and next, and have still been taking my son into daycare, so I've been really good exercise wise (swam 1.5km 3 days in a row, and squats while netflixing Gossip Girl), but not so great with food - because of been meeting up with friends and taking advantage of having my hands free! Oh well.
    Getting back in the pool has been so awesome. My husband and I have been trading off working out in the mornings when I'm working, and it takes too much time to get to the pool and back, but i really need to work it into my normal schedule. Its really the only exercise that I feel good at!!

38. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @Kbee: @NorthStar: @lizzywiz: thanks for the support guys!

@illumina: welcome

@ScarletBegonia: hopefully getting back in to it on vacation will keep you motivated after.

I am happy to report I jogged 3 times last week, increasing distance each time. Trading off nights with my husband has worked great. I also feel really good that I've been able to trust lo is safe while I'm gone. I was having a really hard time taking that plunge.

39. Mrs. Lion

@Peasinapod: yay! Good for you!

I jogged or went for a long hilly walk 5 days last week! Then I caught a miserable cold and could barely get off the couch all weekend. Newborns and toddlers don't exactly give mommas sick days. So I'm putting exercise on the back burner until Im better...which means I really need to eat better.

Anybody have advice for what to eat when I'm on the go with the kids and my only option is a drive through? Hopefully I'll plan ahead better in the future but this always gets me. I end up eating crap because I can't think of a better option.

40. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

Ok joining super late but I'm in too!

What are you targeting?
    General health but mostly the baby belly.

Why?
    I was pretty much at my normal weight by the time my daughter was 1. I got pregnant again this January and started gaining quickly. I had a miscarriage that required a D&C, so with the weight from the pregnancy and all the 'sorry for myself' Dairy Queen blizzards, I'm feeling gross and not fitting into a lot of clothes! I'd like to feel healthier before we start TTC again.

What is your goal?
    Fit into my clothes again!

How will you reach it?
    Just started running again with one of those Couch to 5K apps. I really haven't worked out at all since before I got pregnant. Also, eating more veggies and drinking more water.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee