Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2015 Fitness/ Health Challenge

1. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Mrs. Lion: When I'm stuck with drive-through or nothing, I get a kids meal. Now that all these places are on a health kick, most of them come with a fruit and I get milk as my drink. My favorite drive through choice is an Arby's turkey sandwich.

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I get salad or like CFA nuggets and a side salad. Or you can always get a sandwich but then don't eat the bun.

I had a bad weekend. Just feeling super unmotivated. Weight loss has stalled. Getting bad on board today. Leaving Friday for a weekend away with friends, so it will be another set back, but going to try and make smart choices.

3. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Lion: i sometimes get a kids meal or just a burger (no mayo or cheese & no fries!!) or a salad if that's an option and just have a little bit of dressing. I like the fruit & yogurt parfait at McDonald's for a quick snack. And I used to get chili and a baked potato from Wendy's often.

I have only lost half a pound in the last couple of weeks which is discouraging. But I fit back into some of my pre-baby pants which is exciting. They are a size up from where I want to be, but at least it is small progress.

LO went to bed early last night so I spent some time washing & cutting fruits and veggies for the week and portioning out things like trail mix for healthy snacks. I used to do this every Sunday when I WOH, but haven't done it much lately.

4. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Smurfette: it's so hard to push through when the weight loss stalls - good for you staying motivated through the week! I think getting back to healthy habits during the week will carry over into the weekend!

5. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@jhd: yay for fitting into prebaby pants - that's a huge success! I think the number on the scale doesn't matter as much as inches to lose and muscles you tone! I wish I could say I fit into my prebaby pants!

6. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I'm finally 2 lbs down so 11 lbs to go to my first goal weight. I am excited to possibly be entering a range of numbers on the scale that I haven't seen in over a year.

Workout wise I have been doing great - 30 minutes on the elliptical every night after LO is in bed. Working out with DH helps so much bc there were a few days I wanted to skip out but didn't bc he was working out with me.

Food decisions have generally been ok but I indulged Saturday night at dinner with friends. Also met a friend for Mexican food today and ordered my favorite enchiladas. But now it's time to get back to eating healthy!

7. Smurfette

@sandy: that is awesome! Good for you!

I got a new scale and the number is higher then my old one so that sucks. I feel like I am starting over. Why is this so hard?

8. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@sandy: thanks! I still think it's just awesome that you and your DH are working out together. 2lbs down is great!

9. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Mrs. Lion: probably not the healthiest option, but if we have to go to McDs or similar I just get chicken pieces, nothing else...apart from maybe a salad if I have time to sit and eat that.

I'm only down 2lbs since last week. Which sucks because I'm supposed to be going out tonight for dinner, then this weekend I'm away with friends where we'll be eating out and drinking...ugh. I can see so many calories in my future! What alcoholic drinks are lowest in calories?

10. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

I didn't do too bad in food choices this weekend, even though I was out of town with my girlfriends. I had salmon and salad and didn't have too many grains. The kicker was the beer, wine, and dessert on Saturday night.

But, I still seem to be down about a pound and am trying to cut out the sugar. Major headache last night from it, I think. I need to get back into exercising. My daughter has allergies, so was up a ton last night, so couldn't get out of bed this morning. Maybe I'll just try working out tonight instead.

11. NorthStar

pear / 1881 posts

@sandy: Great job on losing 2 pounds! I'm pushing my husband to get an elliptical this fall. Any suggestions on where to get one or good kinds?

12. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

Had a good week exercise wise, and now I am focusing on the eating part. Went onto my fitness pal for the first time in a while to track what I am actually eating and see where the missing links are (protein, carbs, etc). Went to the gym yesterday and will skip today because the laundromat is calling my name.

Biggest win this weekend was buying a pair of jeans in a size lower than I have been buying for years. The last time I bought pants in that size was like nearly 10 years ago.

13. Smurfette

@illumina: I always do vodka-soda with lime. Beer and wine has more carbs and calories.

14. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Smurfette: good to know! I'll stick with the vodka and soda!

15. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bpcmarj: great job! I bet it felt awesome to get those new jeans!!

16. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@sandy: @bpcmarj: hurray!!

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm trying to get my diet and exercise back on track. Yesterday I started counting my macros (I've been wanting to try it for awhile) and I went back to the gym. Those were the hardest two miles. Does anyone else get super tight when they run on the treadmill? It's so hard for me to run on one after being outside for awhile. I also wore shorts for the first time in forever and forgot all about the chub rub that goes on . But it's a start. Two weeks until vacation!

18. ScarletBegonia

persimmon / 1339 posts

Yikers, bad weekend food wise!! I had dinner out Friday and Saturday, with lots of booze both nights. Saturday at least I did a pilates class and walked about 7-8 km, but other than that I was pretty lazy and with the amount of grease and carbs I consumed that was not a good idea. This week has been okay so far, I've exercised a bit and been okay on the food.

I just feel like my motivation is at an all time low. I sometimes just want to be fat and eat whatever I want.

19. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

For those looking for easy healthy snack options - I just saw these little ready made salads and snack packs at costco. The snack pack had a hard boiled egg, apple slices, nut butter, and some dried fruit. Looked pretty good! I bought some of the salad packs and it's a tiny salad but it tastes good! It's 260 calories so it would be good as a side salad with extra protein or as a snack.

20. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@sandy: I have been buying little pre-made salads for lunches, too but I really need to make some chicken or something to add to them since they are really not enough alone.

Today is leg day at the gym. Hoping to finally squat with the full sized bar today Last week I was in serious pain for like 3 days, so I imagine I will be feeling the same way this week, too.

21. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@bpcmarj: you look great!!! Good luck on the squats.

@Peasinapod: so happy for you that you found a routine that works

@jhd: pre-baby pants IS exciting!

@sandy: congrats on the milestones- I want to be saying the same, so it is inspiring.

@bpcmarj: smaller jeans- that's my golden ring!

@avivoca: I can't run on a treadmill at all. I can't get my stride.

@ScarletBegonia: "I sometimes just want to be fat and eat whatever I want. " that's me...everyday...at about 7pm.

@sandy: Thanks- I am going to check those out!
    That is one concession I have made in this attempt to do better: I am buying a lot of pre-made foods like that from Costco and Trader Joe's that I never would have sprung for before. It does help to have a healthy meal ready to go.

I am doing great on exercise and this is important because I have finally reached the point where it feels routine, good and energizing. I haven't felt this way since pregnancy. In that way, I feel like my old, active self.
    I have kept off the 3/4 inch but have not lost more since my last post because, well, nachos. 'Nough said.

I AM making better food choices on average, but still falling into the pit of rewarding my self with salty, cheesy deliciousness when life is no fun. So, improvements made, more improvements needed.

Also, I can't believe I have become this person but PMS f-ing wipes me out, now. Prior to LO, I didn't even know when I was gonna start and now I am tried and hangry and crampy and swollen. One more special post pregnancy gift to my body, ha! Exercise does help, though.

22. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@lizzywiz: PMSing has been KILLING me since weaning LO (after 27 months), too. Like, my boobs will be swollen and painful for a week, then I will be so bloated that nothing fits, and too tired to do anything. I feel like I am dealing with it for 2 weeks a month. and it kills all my workout motivaton.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@lizzywiz: I feel that way too! Plus I was wearing shorts and I hate wearing shorts when I run, so I ended up rubbing some of the skin off my calf because my legs were too close together trying to keep my shorts from riding up.

24. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@bpcmarj: Yup, when I weaned, too. And, yup, two weeks a month at least. My first is bigger, painful boobs which last about two weeks and moody, bloated and tired for about 5 days prior. I hate it. Makes me feel a bit out of control of myself. I use to mock people who complained about PMS and now I'm like, ooohhh, this was what you were talking about. Karma, man.

@avivoca: Aw, man, ouch! And I can only wear spandex shorts if I wear 'em at all (chub rub, indeed). So, so sexy,...maybe I will just stick to pants.

Seems like we have a lot of joggers/ runners on the thread right now. It is my favorite for my mental and physical health. One of my vanity goals/ pie in the sky dreams, is to be able to pull off those little running shorts/briefs that require minimum chub rub:

25. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@lizzywiz: I love running skirts because they have compression shorts to minimize the chub rub and offer a bit more coverage of my derrière. I've got thunder thighs.

Snapped an awkward yoga selfie at the gym a few days ago as part of an exercise challenge. Yoga pics are hard! I have friends who do them and I am always amazed.

26. Mrs. Lion

Tell me about the good stuff you are eating! Trying to sta away from prepackaged carbs and I'm kinda tired of eating the same stuff!

27. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@avivoca: lanacane anti-chafing gel is the best stuff ever. I have the same problem

28. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@Mrs. Lion: Greek yogurt with Chia seeds for breakfast but it could also be a good snack

29. Smurfette

@Mrs. Lion: My favorite easy dinner (for me) is eggs, feta, sausage, and spinach scramble.

30. Mrs. Lion

@Smurfette: ooh I've been making that for breakfast with cheddar but feta sounds so much better!

31. Smurfette

@Mrs. Lion: It is so good! I love it is so easy to make for me once a week when R gets mac n cheese or something super quick. Otherwise I eat the same stuff during the week, DH is gone so I don't cook much, salad with protein, chicken sausage, grilled chicken, tacos with lettuce wraps, kielbasa, and then a veggie.

32. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

Proud to say that I finally squatted with the full sized bar yesterday after using the small bars to work on my form. DH, who is a champion powerlifter, has been guiding me into lifting said that I should keep watching my form next time and try for lower reps with the higher weight but with the right form because I did 8 reps but only about 3 were with good form. But I am proud that I did it at all when just a couple months ago I couldn't even squat with proper form at all using no weight!

33. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@blackbird: I'll have to look into that. I've been using BodyGlide but it wears off after nine miles or 1.5 hours of running. I also sweat profusely in that area, would the gel be able to keep up?

34. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@lizzywiz: may I join you ladies?
    I'm a little over 7 weeks postpartum with baby #2. I was not at a happy weight when I got pregnant and gained too much while pregnant (stress, carbs, and no exercise besides toddler chasing). I'm unhappy with my overall weight and especially my stomach, love handles, and thighs. I also just want to feel good and healthy!

I'm 174 today and would love to eventually get back to 130. I'm breastfeeding so I cant do anything drastic. My initial goals are to drink at least 8 cups of water a day, take my prenatal vitamins and walk at least 10 minutes a day (preferably outside). I took some measurements and pictures today but I'm not sure im brave enough to share!

35. blackbird

@avivoca: I've never ran that long, so I don't know! . The hardest work out I put it through was a crossfit+5K outside in July last summer for about 40 minutes. I drip sweat from my legs, though....can you hook it to your water bottle or something and reapply? Kind of a PITA, though.

36. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Lion: my favorite snacks this week are hard boiled eggs & string cheese. I want to check out salads like @sandy: posted.

@Smurfette: that sounds good! We often do eggs with veggies but adding the cheese and sausage would be more filling.

@bpcmarj: that's awesome!

37. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@blackbird: I'll have to try it in my next half. I'm only up to 4 miles right now and have embraced capris and running skirts as my summer running bottom of choice.

38. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@jhd: I'm also loving deli meat wrapped around a stick of cheese. Sooooo good!

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cmomma17: Welcome!

40. blackbird

@avivoca: I have a lululemon running skirt that stays down really well! it has a rubbery material around the inside of the leg. I've tried a few kinds and this one stays put!

argh i can't wait to start working out like normal again, even if it's 2+ months away.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee