Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2015 Fitness/ Health Challenge

1. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I have been going to the gym for 6am classes for a few months now on tues/thurs, but this week I went on wed also. Hoping that extra spin class will make a difference!

2. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Lion: right now I am loving salads and can eat them every day but I always try to pair with a protein.

They have these chicken patties at costco that are stuffed with spinach and cheese and I love them. You just heat in the microwave and I cut it up and season with extra garlic salt and cayenne (bc I love spice) and will eat it with a 1/2 cup of brown rice/quinoa or will cut it up and put it in a wrap with lettuce, hummus, tomatoes or cucumber. I also just cut it up and eat it on the side with my salad.

I've also been loving this combo for salads - romaine, cubed Apple (like 1/4 to 1/2 an apple depending on size), private selection four leaf creamy balsamic, Gorgonzola crumbles and chopped almonds). So good!!! I'm addicted right now.

For dinner we grill a steak a lot of times and I'll cut up my portion and add to a salad or eat lettuce wrap style with veggies

3. Peasinapod

clementine / 770 posts

@sandy: that chicken patty sounds really good! Was it from the frozen section?

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@avivoca: good idea!

5. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@cmomma17: come on in!

@bpcmarj: well done! It is great that your DH can double as a free trainer, too

@jhd: I've been adding another work out, too. I feel like it has really made a difference in my energy.

I am boring for snacks and food. Raw or dry roasted nuts when I need a snack, any veggie pickled when I wanna nosh on junk but don't wanna blow my calories. The usual salads, soups, low refined food for regular meals.

6. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@avivoca: do you have a brand you like for the skirts? (cheaper than lululemon- I spend so much on good sports bras for D-DD, that I gotta save elsewhere, ha!)

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@lizzywiz: I get mine from Target. Champion's C9 line. They are awesome and don't ride up! The longest run I've done in one was 16 miles and I didn't have any chafing issues. Like you, I spend my money on good sports bras.

8. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@Smurfette: feeling any better? Plateaus are the worst.

9. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Peasinapod: it's actually next to the meat section where they have their refrigerated meals, deli meat, cheese, etc. they're vacuum sealed so they keep in the fridge for a good amount of time and you just microwave them for 90 seconds. So easy and I love them but I always add a little more seasoning

10. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@lizzywiz: I am still up 2.4 lbs but I got a new scale so I am sure that is part of it. I went off my food plan this week. Trying to stick to protein low carb still. I am going away with friends for the weekend so I was going to have to do it anyway. And I need a break. I am going to hit the ground running coming Monday though.

11. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@lizzywiz: @avivoca: Target has an in-ad coupon this week for $5 off when you spend $25 on C9 clothes. Or you can text C9SAVE to 827438 for a mobile coupon. I have never tried one of those skirts but might have to check them out. I have some yoga capris from old navy that I usually wear to work out.

12. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@lizzywiz: and yay for another work out and more energy

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@sandy: that salad sounds good. I always forget how much I like fruit in salad. Last week I had one with blueberries and strawberries and grilled chicken.

14. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@jhd: Thanks for the c9 heads up...My workout clothes are becoming too big for me!!! Like, they are falling off at weird places (like too low on my boobs since that's a major place I have lost weight).

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

I'm down 4 pounds today, but I'm pretty sure it's all water weight. I was crazy bloated this week during ovulation, but it still feels like a victory! I've started counting my macros and after a rough first 2-3 days, I feel a lot better and much fuller now that I'm trying to get enough protein in my diet.

16. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Met my teeny tiny goals of walking (20 min outside pushing baby stroller), water and vitamins yesterday. Already done for today too, took a 15 min walk with baby in carrier and pushing toddler in his bike.
    Still feeling crappy about myself though (huge bowl of ice cream last night, okay every night). And the worst part is my wedding rings don't fit

17. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cmomma17: it will come! Don't worry. You are still freshly postpartum and the fact that you made your small goals is outstanding. Try not to beat yourself up.

18. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@cmomma17: don't stress! Meeting those small goals is great!

19. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Thanks guys! I'm not beating myself up too much, just trying to take baby steps and be realistic. Usually I go gung ho (and then burn out of course), so it feels like I'm doing nothing right now. I got my walk, water and vitamins in again today even though it was LO's birthday. Of course we also ate tons of junk!
    I'm not sure what my next step/goal should be ...

20. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@cmomma17: baby steps is the way to go.

21. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

wish me luck, ladies: I am checking in w/ my physical trainer to get some numbers and an update to my weightlifting routine. I know I have not lost weight and I know why- because I need to actively cut and count calories and I haven't been doing that. But I am really hoping to see a decrease in body fat %.
    Since November I have been significantly increasing my strength and aerobic health. I am lifting x 2-3 times a week and running 2-3 times a week and I am happy with how far I have come. BUT, I am frustrated with myself for not dieting more rigorously and bummed that I am at the time of life (35+) where all of this working out is necessary just to maintain.

So a decrease in body fat would be super motivating, at this point!

22. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@lizzywiz: good luck! I hope you see good progress, because it sounds like you're working really hard!
    I know the saying about weight loss being 80% diet and 20% exercise is true, but it's always easier (for me) to do the opposite!

23. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

How's everyone else doing? After pigging out on LO's bday I decided my next baby step would be to cut out sweets for a while (not forever). DH and I have been on a really bad path of eating a big bowl of ice cream every night so I need to quit that cold turkey! DH is still enjoying his ice cream but I'm having better snacks like Greek yogurt with fresh berries and honey (yummy!!)

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cmomma17: I've lost an inch in my waist. Only two more until I get to my pre-preg measurement.

25. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@avivoca: that's amazing!!! keep it up girlie!

26. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

Still chugging away over here. I'm down a few more pounds -- just shy of 24 total since the second week of January, and almost halfway to my goal of 50! It's starting to actually seem like I could have a shot at it (when I set it, it seemed like a pie-in-the-sky kind of thing). I even tried on my older, smaller swimsuit the other night and was not completely horrified. Lots of room for improvement, but still.

I've tried a few new classes but have yet to add the strength training, so I need to get on that. I eat a lot of the same foods that are "safe" ... Fortunately I don't mind but I should probably work on getting more variety.

27. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: 24 lbs is no small feat, congratulations! I bet you will see more great results when you add strength training. It will really tone you up.

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: 24 pounds is fantastic! Great job! What kind of classes are you taking? I'm doing spin, water aerobics, and a modified barre class right now. Spin has been one of my favorites for a long time and I also love the pool since I don't have to feel the sweat! haha

@cmomma17: good for you for having yogurt instead of ice cream! i love greek yogurt, but ice cream can be tempting. DH had some last night and I was able to pass, but sometimes when I see him eating sweets it's hard not to want some too!

@avivoca: an inch is great! i really should take some measurements. i feel like i have lost some inches because my clothes are fitting differently.

LO has been sick the past few days which means I haven't been to the gym since Friday. I did walk everyday except Sunday because it rained the whole day. Yesterday and today I walked 4 miles. Hoping to get back to my early morning classes at the gym tomorrow and Thursday. I am down two more pounds. The scale was stuck for a while so I'm excited about that.

29. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I'm back after being in Vegas for the last 5 days. I didn't track calories while I was on vacation and we did have many great meals but I also tried to eat healthy for most of my meals. I also did not work out while on vacation bc honestly I didn't want to pack for it. I haven't weighed in yet so I don't know what the damage is but I'm ready to get back to eating right and working out again tomorrow

30. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@lizzywiz: Good luck with your trainer! I started tracking food this week because it was the one thing that I hadn't done.

@Mrs. Yoyo: Woohoo 24lbs! That's awesome!

I have been to the gym this week and lost a pound or two in the last couple weeks. But, my clothes are fitting better. But, all of my gym clothes are now too big. So, it's time for a little shopping!

31. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@bpcmarj: It's so motivating when your clothes actually start fitting better and when you can reward yourself with some new clothes! Good job!!!

32. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Weighed in this morning and only up 0.5 lbs from 5 days in Vegas! Didn't get much sleep last night but still planning to get in a workout today and get back to healthy eating

33. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@lizzywiz: I'm the opposite of you where I have been counting calories and not increasing my activity level bc I just hated working out. My weight loss stalled out for months and finally only after I started working out consistently has my weight slowly started to go down again.

34. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@cmomma17: Good luck with your next step- giving up ice cream when someone else is indulging would be hard for me (well, not ice cream, but chips, for sure!)

Speaking of baby steps...I am down .1% on bodyfat....soooo.....the babiest of baby steps, I guess.
    Not gonna lie- kind of disappointing. Just got to keep plugging away at it.

@avivoca: Congratulations! I tape my waist as my monitoring and it is so much more meaningful to me than the scale. I have about 1 3/4- 2 inches to go, too.

@Mrs. Yoyo: wow! and re: adding variety- if you want, sure, but I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sometimes routine is SO helpful to sticking to the plan.

@jhd: yay! Plateau breaks are so satisfying. I mean, I wouldn't know that about weight recently but at the gym when I can't get past a certain rep or weight I get frustrated and the day it finally comes I feel like a beast (in a good way).

@sandy: .5lbs over 5 days of fun is nothing- that is a feat! Also, I wish I could workout for you and you could diet for me

@bpcmarj: what are you using to track food?

35. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@lizzywiz: myfitnesspal. Though, I need to get an activity tracker because I don't think my adjusted calories are right after my hard workout (you add them manually and I usually just guess...).

36. Mrs. Yoyo

blogger / pomelo / 5400 posts

@bpcmarj: I highly recommend the FitBit charge HR. It plays nicely with MFP and the HR function makes it more versatile than the other fitbits.

37. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

@Mrs. Yoyo: thanks, I will look into that one! Thinking that will be my Mother's Day gift

38. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

One week in. Up 1.4 lbs to 175.4
    Blah

39. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@cmomma17: Don't let it bother you! I bet it's just water weight.

40. lizzywiz

persimmon / 1178 posts

@cmomma17: Yeah- you really are better hydrated than you were when you started.
    Also, I know I keep saying this, but picking a body part to tape can be motivating when the scale isn't cooperating. If I know I have been doing what I should, my tape measure almost always reflects it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee