On saturday we decided to start the 3 day potty training technique in hopes that by day 3 Mavrick was fully potty trained.

From day 1, Mavrick understood night time, so I was shocked to see that he would always wake up dry but pee 2 mins later on the floor. But regardless, he NEVER wet his bed (yet)

Day 1, 2 had no success... other than a frustrated toddler. Day 3, i was discouraged... but I ask Mavrick if he wanted to pee before nap time and he said yes. And he did. I was hopeful... but it was a one time deal. I decided to keep him home from daycare for day 4, thinking it would help... but no, he didn't do 1 in the potty.... clearly it was going downhill.

On wednesday, he started a new daycare where all the boys are potty trained, so I figured it might help. After a full day, I asked the care taker if he peed in the potty, she said no and showed no interest. BOO! So I decided to let him wear pull-ups all through the night. At 4:30 he woke up, DH went to check up on him, asked if he wanted to pee... he said yes, and peed in the potty!!! YAY!!!

I was beyond excited, but how could my soon to be 2 year old be night trained but couldn't care less about day. He has it all wrong (the night training is the tough part) Anyway, when we
brought him to daycare we told her that he did it in the potty... so she said, okay let's see how today goes.

Well I picked him up from daycare and he peed in the potty 2x and woke up from his nap dry. WHOOT WHOOT!!!! He's definitely getting much better. We got home and I asked if he wanted to pee, and he pulled a fit (maybe I'm the problem) because right before bed DH asked him if he wanted to pee, and he did!!!!!!!! That's 4x in the potty today, when yesterday there were zero!

I am beyond excited, but I have to admit I was sure by day 3 we were good. Clearly I was expecting a little too much... ha! We are at day 6 and still not fully trained. Honestly if it takes 2 weeks... then so be it. He's still young so I'm happy he actually understands the concept (even if he doesn't really verbalize it)

Have you tried the 3day potty training technique? Did it work for you?