Ultimately we will go with the flow and decide in the future what seems right, but my brain likes to analyze and plan. And I've been struggling with this one for awhile.

I know I want more than 2 kids. This isn't my last baby. But I have some concerns about having three children in a family....but 4 seems like A LOT.
With three kids, there's the "middle child syndrome," someone is always left out (like if you need partners for something), and there seems like a lot of potential for triangulation/unhealthy communication patterns. With four you are back at an even number.

I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just genuinely curious if other families with three kids worry about this, and how you avoid it. I know it's totally dependent in parenting styles and personalities. But I have at least three examples of three kid families where competitiveness and unhealthy communication dominated, and the middle child clearly felt like they were "left out."

(Full disclosure: my husband is one of three and his family is one of the ones that makes me nervous about three kids!)