Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Entering Kindergarten Sept 2016: Moms Chat

1. looch

wonderful pear / 26210 posts

@808love: When I got home yesterday, my son showed me that he had completed the second level in his workbook (it's 8 or so pages, really simple stuff). So he seems to be motivated to do it, so we'll just keep going for now.

2. 808love

pomelo / 5866 posts

@looch: That's great!! DD loves it too!

3. 808love

pomelo / 5866 posts

@looch: I saw your post about the desk on the other thread. DD is getting her first desk in her room on Wed. We got rid of her ginormous dollhouse so there is space. She is into building things and crafts so this is a wonderful addition. The only thing is it is in her room and we are so used to DD being in our shared workspace. Such a big girl move. It was somehow comforting to hear you have already transitioned into that and you seem to enjoy it.

4. looch

wonderful pear / 26210 posts

@808love: I always had a desk in my room growing up, our house was very busy and there would have been no way I could have done my homework in the kitchen or any other place in the house for that matter!

Since we already had it (it is a regular desk with drawers and a bookshelf hutch on top) in the bedroom, I just used it to store things until it was ready to become a full on desk.

Now, my son has made it his own and I think he'd be opposed to having to work in a different space!

5. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

I started a new 1st grade thread if anyone wants to join.

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/entering-1st-grade-2017?replies=1#post-2767106

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee