Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In 02/27

1. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: the suppositories are kind of gross, but not too bad. I hope it's an easy fix for you! Are you still feeling down?

@faithfertility: good patience, lady!

2. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: Sorry that I don't remember the specifics but are you being monitored with u/s and blood work while on meds? How long are your cycles normally?

@bluestriped bee: Glad things are moving along towards your IVF cycle!

@babycanuck: I am the same way with needles, I get all sweaty and nauseous. Make sure you tell them you are really nervous and hopefully they will be able to help you through it.

@FaithFertility: Can't believe you are holding out on testing!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrswin: hahahah I'm a weird one, I get all crazy before, but I'm so used to BFN that I just am scared.....but I will Tuesday for sure!!!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@babycanuck: I promise I'm the same way with needles, I get sick just thinking about it! Even though I have now been poked 100s of times I still get sweaty and nervous, I try to take huge breaths and count to three, also tell them your nervous all tje nurses at my RE office know to go quick and easy with me....lol

5. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@happygal: @mrswin: I'm not currently being monitored while on the femara, just getting the cd21 progesterone test and TI. Since last week's test was a bust and I had a near positive OPK, I talked to the RE nurse on Monday and they scheduled me to have more lab work yesterday in the hopes that I may have O'd late. The RE nurse I spoke with on Monday said that with my cycles being all weird, that she would talk to the RE about having me monitored with u/s, have trigger shots and TI. I have always had irregular cycles with the exception of BCP. I went off BCP in August 2012 in hopes of beginning my TTC journey. I'm trying to distract myself and think positively regarding this latest news. So the positive of having this low progesterone test might be that I will have more monitoring the next go-around.

@faithfertility: I've got my fingers crossed for you. I may still POAS when I see your update for POAS just for the heck of it…unless AF arrives.

6. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@babycanuck: DH and I had our blood taken last weekend. 3 vials of his blood and 5 of mine. Our RE does a TON of
    Testing. :(. Not fun

7. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: I think you should really push to be monitored (I assume this increases the cost for you), it seems like there is some sort of issue and it is not correcting itself just with oral meds.

8. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrswin: surprisingly, my infertility coverage is great, I don't have to pay for labs, imaging (X-rays) or for "infertility special procedures." The difficulty for me is that my RE's office is an hour and a half away from work.

9. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: oh wow, that is far for sure! I am glad to hear that at least your insurance coverage is good. Are there no clinics closer? Are your work hours flexible or work from home at all?

10. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: that is tough! My RE is about 10-15 minutes down the road from me. I'm also thankful my work schedule is pretty flexible right now. I've wondered how people with full-time jobs and set schedules make it work! I imagine I would have to tell my employer what was going on. I'm with @mrswin and a proponent of as much monitoring as possible--I hope something can work out for you.

11. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrswin: @happygal: my RE's office is about 20 minutes from my house and I commute to work, about an hour each way. I don't have the option of working from home anymore since I switched departments in the hopes that a less stressful job would help with TTC. If/when I have to be monitored more closely, I will just have to do so and take sick time (we're allowed to bill sick time for medical appointments).

12. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Alright! The tech was awesome! I told her how nervous I was, she was so good, I could hear her changing the vials but didn't feel it at all. 6 vials in less than a minute and DONE!

13. littlek

@babycanuck: good!!!! Glad it went well!

14. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@babycanuck:

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: how do you feel about your commute? I've commuted before. Sometimes I appreciated the time to decompress and enjoy my coffee on the road. Other times I wished I could still be sleeping!

16. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: I'm glad that you can bill the time you miss against sick time. I do the same thing when I miss work for monitoring or appointments. I usually just stay later so that I still make my billable targets for the month

@babycanuck: Yay for a good tech! Glad everything went well

17. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@babycanuck: that's a lot of vials! Glad it went well.

18. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@happygal: I had a long response and it didn't show up on my phone. I'm used to the commute now although several years ago DH and I did move closer to work which was a 15 min commute. We sold our home and moved to where we are now when we decided to TTC to be closer to family.

@mrswin: I'm hoping that I won't have to leave early from work too often but prepared to do so. I've been with my company for almost 9 yrs so I have A LOT of sick time accrued!

19. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@faithfertility: did you make it out to buy a test, or are you holding out for tomorrow?

Here's an updated list!

Waiting for AF
    Shutterbug: taking lupron to prepare for IVF cycle #2
    Mrs. Polish
    BHBee

TWW
    ThisIsMe: middl(ish) of TWW
    MrsTal: 9 dpo on March 3
    Sprite: 8 dpo post IUI on March 3

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    MrsWin: WTF/Next steps meeting on March 18th
    Shutterbug: starting IVF
    Just_Ju: started Letrozole, mid-cycle scan on March 7
    ThisIsMe: beta March 7!
    Mrs Bunchy: Progesterone test March 5

Cycle Number Trying
    Happygal: cycle 18
    Mrs. Polish: 4 years
    Shutterbug: cycle 25
    LittleK: cycle 7
    LazyPanda: cycle 8/9 (14 months)

20. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Upcoming tests: 3/6 - ultrasounds
    Cycle # trying: 16 I think now?

21. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@babycanuck: you started trying in March '13--are your cycles short? Hopefully that's something an RE can easily straighten out for you! I'll make sure to include your info next updated list! Are you taking medications this cycle, or is the ultrasound for part of your testing?

22. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@Happygal: We started trying Jan 2013, I've been tracking since 2012. Normally I'm 28 days but I've had some really short cycles in the last year. No medications, just u/s as part of my testing

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@babycanuck: Wooo! Glad it went well!

Upcoming tests:
    Progesterone - TBD (waiting to O)

Waiting on official CD2/3, HSG and SA results from my doctor.

24. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@LindsayInNY: So glad to hear your HSG went smoothly!

@bhbee: I am sorry to hear it was an evap. I admire your positive attitude though. And thinking moving to a state with a lower cost of living should be a fun distraction, I love thinking about spending money.

@babycanuck: boo to AF and also to having to wait on testing. That stinks! But glad to hear your blood draw went ok!

@littlek: testing at 7DPO?? you are as crazy as I am...

@lazypanda: sorry to hear about your progesterone levels. Mine were on the low side even when I was on Clomid, and my RE put me on progesterone supps that seem to be helping. Hopefully getting more monitoring will help, even though that is quite a drive!

@bluestriped bee: good luck with your IVF cycle. A mother's day POAS sounds exciting!

@happygal: hope you're surviving the snow!

@faithfertility: thinking of you and looking forward to your POAS update!

25. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@babycanuck: So glad to hear your BW was easy! Did you ask to use the butterfly needle? I just recently had a nurse use one, and I couldn't believe no one else has ever done that for me! I have terrible veins, and it made a huge difference! I'm also the wimp who always has to lay down...Hope Thursday's appt goes just as well for you!

26. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@thisisme: Any time I go for any type of blood work I insist that they use a butterfly which sometimes gets me an eyeroll but I have had one too many collapsed veins and "re-trys" to let them use a regular needle

27. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

@thisisme: I have no idea...when I told her I was nervous I closed my eyes until she was done lol. I'm such a wimp!

28. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrswin: I used to get the eye roll but that stopped when I started coming in with one sleeve already hiked up. This way they knew I was not joking around or being a baby, also they'd see that my arms are skinny like a little kid.

So I have a WTF phone consult with RE scheduled for Thursday. I just got off the phone with the RE nurse who said I should expect AF to arrive this weekend and to call her if I get it sooner. She said my consult would be regarding what I am interested in pursuing next. Either upping dosage, changing meds and scheduling u/s to check for ovulation rather than using the OPKs. Now a part of me wished I had an RE who worked M-F as opposed to a researcher/professor. oh well, cheers to the next step, I'm gonna tell DH we should have a sashimi dinner or have beef carpaccio to make me feel better since I should get my period.

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@lazypanda: my RE is 45mkns away on a good day, does make it hard, so I can only imagine 1 nr or longer!

@Happygal: I am testing tomorrow bought the good stuff FRERs

@mrswin: I am a butterfly needle girl as well....lol

30. littlek

AF showed up early. :(. On to cycle 8. I have appt with RE for CD3 blood work.

31. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: yeah! How are you feeling?

@littlek: sorry, but that's good you have an appt lined up!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littlek: ughhhh, I am sorry! It is always a sucky day! I'm glad you have cd3 b/w moving forward, hugs to you today!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: I am scared to test, even though I know it is slim chances that my body just decided to do its things this month and we were to BD on good days and get a BFP, I try to always be hopeful, so I pray it is it!!!!! No AF CD 30 tomorrow, no rwal symptoms of anything....sooooo we shall see, I want to POAS now....lol

34. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@lazypanda: Enjoy your dinner! What's your RE's schedule like as a researcher/professor? That sounds kind of cool!

@FaithFertility: I've decided to test with a FRER tomorrow, too! I think that'll be 7dp5dt. Fingers crossed and praying for your miracle too!

I "cheated" earlier today... This is from an expired wondfo:

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@thisisme: Ohhhhh... :))) praying for you too!

36. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@thisisme: As I said on the other thread it looks like a pink line to me!! Good luck tomorrow

37. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@thisisme: here's what I have to say:

38. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@thisisme: that looks ! FX that line gets even darker! As for RE's schedule, I talk a lot more to the advice nurses since he's only in the office 2 times a week, there are 3 REs at the hospital and he was available for the time that we had off for our initial consult. I liked our meeting with him and he made us feel at ease which is why last cycle I was extremely hopeful. He definitely helps normalize the process and has really good bedside manners, especially considering it was my first ultrasound during my initial consult with him.

@faithfertility: yay! FX for you! I couldn't help it, I POAS when I got home (BFN) so that I would feel at ease to eat sashimi and drink wine, just in case my progesterone potentially could have increased significantly in the last 2 days (wishful thinking).

@littlek: boo to AF, hope the next cycle is it for you!

@lindsayinny: I hope you get your answers from the doc soon. Did they give you an estimated time of when you should hear back?

@sprite: FX for you that the IUI is what it took for you to get your BFP!

Dinner was yummy, haven't had sashimi in such a long time! Afterwards, we went and bought a bottle of our wedding wine (it was on sale, not the same year though) and enjoying it as I haven't had wine in quite some time.

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

BFN for me today stinky but I was welll aware it was a shot in the dark....sooooo hoping AF sometimes decided to show on her own, so I don't have to take provera! My WTF apt is next week 3/12 so looking forward to that and our cruise 3/21 :))
    Thanks ladies for your constent support!

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@thisisme: I hope to seee your BFP this morning!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee