Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 07/17

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Hey gals, late to the game as usual. Kinda have a headache, so I just skimmed the thread.

No updates. 90% sure I'm not PG. Took tests on 9dpo and 11dpo and both were negative. (12dpo today.) So....just waiting for AF to show in a few days and then I can start injections again!

Just a thought, and I didn't really want to post this as it's own topic...but does anyone else kind of wish there was an IF blogger? Or at least a "long term-ish" TTC blogger? I enjoy reading most of the blogger Bee's entries, but I admit I find them hard to relate to a lot of the time. And there are some who HAD gone through IF, but now they have LOs and it's like, "Well, I'm happy for you, but......" You know?

Maybe I'm just being weird/overly sensitive today. I dunno. It's a blog for babies, so what do I expect. I did join when I was pregnant, and I guess I just couldn't stay away

2. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@babycanuck: Wooo!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: When I first started TTC, I asked Mr. Bee about the TTC bloggers because there use to be a couple. He said it's hard to find ones that stick around, I guess, but they're open to guest TTC bloggers? I agree though, I just don't know how it would work... Maybe have a blogger start as they start to go through IF testing or something? If I had known I'd be in this boat still, I would've started a blog back at month #1 and applied to post them after the fact, if that makes sense?

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Went to the RE this morning. All looked well, just waiting for a call back on blood work and then starting Clomid again tonight. The RE had a tough time finding my left ovary due to some colon obstruction in the way. How attractive, LOL! Guess I need to eat more fiber gummies?!

4. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@LindsayInNY: I think the guest bloggers are tricky because it might be hard to get emotionally invested in them, unless they were blogging regularly, in which case...why not just have them be bloggers?

And "oh my" to the colon obstruction! Have you been feeling...obstructed lately?

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: @LindsayInNY: I would be interested in reading a TTC/IF blog, I think... Having said that, I am kind of hit or miss (a nibble here, an occasional binge there) when it comes to reading blogs at all! Wishing you both luck and sending good thoughts!

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Here was my initial suggestion with Mr.Bee's response: http://suggestions.hellobee.com/topic/more-ttc-bloggers

Usually vacation throws my system off a bit. And maybe changing from oatmeal at breakfast to egg whites? The RE was good about it though and I LOLed! Appropriate, I thought

7. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@LindsayInNY: hmm.

And lol Yeah I could see something like that happening to me. I always have bowl problems. Oy!

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I would love to blog about my TTC journey but I don't even know where I would begin at this point... I would basically have to go back in time and post retroactively?

9. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@LindsayInNY: I actually always worry about that before U/Ss and try to go beforehand! I know it has been mentioned to me before (in jest) that it was clear I was "full"! So embarrassing, but they really can see it all!

10. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@GreenThumb: I tried that morning too!! I knew I hadn't been "as regular" but after my blueberry overdose I was a little hesitant, LOL!

11. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@FliegepilzHut: I asked MrBee if there was a way to catch up on all the IF related blog posts and he gave me this link. http://www.hellobee.com/tag/infertility/feed

12. BSB

@TheSwissWifeStyle: We have a few IF bloggers. I forget which ones. Mrs. Pinata. Mrs. Polish

There's another one that is fairly new.
    ETA: Mrs. Sea Otter is new.

Mrs. Oatmeal (RedSmarties) & Mrs. Jump Rope has had IF in the past and are newly pregnant, I think.

Mrs. Train has had IF before pursuing adoption and getting a pregnant during the adoption process. She gave birth to twins and adopted a son within months, I think (or vice versa.)

ETA: Mrs Green Grass did a guest post.

Mrs. Cowgirl went through 3 years of IF treatments before adopting.

And there's Mrs.Pink.

13. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: Thank you!

14. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bluestriped bee: True! Thanks for doing that.

15. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Shutterbug: I am in NH Not too far from the MA border. My appointment went really well actually and she didn't bring up my weight for once which is shocking (I think it helped that I lost 10 more pounds since the last time she saw me). She said that while the cycle failed there were a lot of silver linings. She said the embryos they transferred were excellent quality and while obviously we don't know why implantation failed, she was really encouraged by that. She also said it's positive that now she knows what I need for meds and doesn't have to keep changing my doses, which she said would help the eggs mature and hopefully have more of the higher quality embryos next time. Now I just wait for AF and then start back on BCP. IVF #2 should be late September which will give me time to lose some more weight as well. All in all, it was a MUCH better appointment than I thought it would be.

@winter_wonder: FX during your TWW!

@babycanuck: Yay for positive OPK!

16. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Sunshine1810: So glad!

17. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Thanks, me too! It took a lot of the stress off.

18. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@babycanuck: Yayy!!!

@greenthumb: Thank you! I'm doing well in the TWW. Although, my feelings of anticipation may change when my new shipment of hpt come from Amazon tomorrow

@theswisswifestyle: Ugh, I'm sorry you think AF is on the way. I would love to see more blog posts about IF. I would definitely find those posts more relateable. It's hard when you see those posts about LOs and it's like "well, I hope I'll get there...but..."

@lindsayinny: lol

@sunshine1810: Glad to hear your appointment went well! Congratulations on your weight loss, that's not easy to do! Nice job

19. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@winter_wonder: Thanks!

20. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Just posted on the IVF thread, but I have to share here, too! I am 6dp5dt with 2 frozen embies and I got a ! Oh my goodness!

21. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@GreenThumb: YAY!!! That's awesome!!!!! So happy for you.

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@GreenThumb:congrats!!!

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@GreenThumb: That is beautiful

24. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@GreenThumb: congratulations!!!!

25. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

I want to apologize if my post hurt anyone's feelings. I didn't mean to discount anyone's IF journey just because they have a LO/LOs now. I realize that was pretty selfish of me and I'm sorry. I'm just falling down a hole of "me me me" at the moment. I can feel that IF/MC depression trying to suck me back in. I was just thinking about it, and I needed to own up to that and say I'm sorry.

I really do appreciate everyone's contributions and stories, and I have respect for everyone's journeys. Big to you all.

26. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@GreenThumb: YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!!!

27. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@GreenThumb: Popping in to say congrats!!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I get what you are saying about TTC/IF bloggers. I like to see one too!

28. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@GreenThumb: ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! Yay Congrats!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I didn't take it that way. Your post definitely resonated with me. I don't see it as you being selfish, just that we would like to see more from long-term ttc'ers. Or, maybe that means I'm selfish too

29. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@LindsayInNY: yay for starting the next step/plan!

@Sunshine1810: woohoo for a great consult!

@GreenThumb: yay! Congrats! Let the BFPs start rolling in! Is this your first IVF?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: all of us have those moments & I think many of us on here feel that way at times. I didn't see your post as selfish. It's a hard situation to be in, regardless if it's TTC #1 or more, IF just plain sucks & the roller coaster of emotions can suck it too! I'm pretty sure I'll be feeling a whoa is me bout of emotions soon once AF arrives. I'm 12 dpo today as well! I couldn't help myself & tested yesterday because I was so hopeful...yup, BFN.

30. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@GreenThumb: congrats!!!!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@GreenThumb: Woooo! Congrats!!

32. BSB

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I can't speak for others but I understand exactly where you are coming from and I, too, have had those thoughts. We, all, have had those moments. I wasn't bothered by it but then again I don't have any LOs yet, but the good thing to mention is that fact that you realized how you might have come off and apologized. That's why I love our group. Even though, we are having a rough time TTC and it is taking forever for our miracle baby, we can still turn around and show our excitement to the next [insert baby related news here] we see on here.

I'll, also, admit that I've thought that way about some of us who have gotten pregnant and unfortunately miscarried. The selfish side in me thinks, at least, you can get pregnant. (Coming from someone who has never seen a BFP.) Though, I know I would never wish a miscarriage on anyone or let alone have a pregnancy and have it end in a loss. So whenever I have those thoughts, I need a reality check and that we all struggle with some part of TTC and that we shouldn't be jealous. (Also, having a BFP, is not always as glamorous as it sounds.) Not saying we can't have those thoughts because we are human.

I, also, don't mind when fellow IFer who are currently pregnant complain about having a rough pregnancy. I've never been pregnant but, I'm sure there are challenging times. There are people who love being pregnant and some who don't. I have no idea how I will feel. I forget who said this, but going through IF, you put pregnancy on a pedestal because we try so hard to attain it. But then when we are pregnant, we are conflicted when our pregnancy isn't perfect and are pissed that we even have these thoughts after ALL that we've been though. I think we need to give ourselves a break and not force ourselves to love being pregnant. We can definitely be extremely grateful but not put too much pressure on ourselves. At least, that's what I'm going to do. Also, there's always the saying 'The grass is always greener on the other side.' If I complain (whenever I get pregnant), I definitely won't be complaining all the time. But I think venting here and there is fine. Though, my history of depression may make me complain more and have a higher chance of PPD. Our very own Spanielove admitted to having PPD or might having it, so it is possible for us to get that. So the negative thoughts that pregnant women have might be something that they themselves can't control.

33. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: @LindsayInNY: @bluestriped bee: I agree with you ladies, it would be nice to have more IF content on the blog.

@lazypanda: Sorry about the BFN

@Sunshine1810: Nice to hear that your appointment went well and the RE was able to identify some positive take aways from your cycle. Good luck with the weight loss...I know how hard it can be

@GreenThumb: Yay again!

34. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I pretty much ready for my ER tomorrow, my abdomen is soooo hard and I swear I can feel my ovaries... Can't believe the day is finally here!

35. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    LittleK
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: EDD 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop
    MrsTal: EDD: 2/7, Beta#1: 26, Beta #2: 89
    Mrs Bunchy: BFP 7/8/14, Beta #1: 44.2 Beta #2: 324, u/s 7/18
    FliegepilzHut: BFP 7/15
    GreenThumb: BFP 7/21

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish: 6 month wait list for new doctor
    Septca
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    Mrs. Piñata: using some essential oils and Vitex; seeing chiropractor and Naturopath; re-evaluating in Sept/Oct
    Leialou
    doxielove
    Kelli_Deluxe
    Sunshine1810
    PurplePumps: unmedicated cycle, then start IVF next cycle

TWW
    lazypanda: HSG, unmedicated cycle
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    Winter_Wonder: Femara, IUI#1
    BeeBee: Femara, ovidrel, IUI #1

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    alohaorchid: new RE appt in June
    MrsWin: baseline u/s on 7/6, start stims on 7/11, acupuncture 7/12, monitoring appt on 7/16, ER 7/22!
    Jenn23: IVF in late July
    Boopers: 7/8 u/s and WTF consult 7/15
    CupQuakeWalk: starting month 1 of new plan - Synthroid, clomid, estrogen, monitoring and TI
    Shutterbug: waiting for results
    Just_Ju: moving onto IVF in August (yay insurance!)
    Macintosh: start stims on 8/3, ER 8/14 for IVF with ICSI
    TTCbabyP: 2nd round of clomid
    babycanuck: results appt with dr on 7/24
    Robyn_ZA: lap on 7/16, IVF consult 7/29
    Warbler: will be setting up appt with RE for IVF with ICSI
    owlteach: RE appt 8/18
    Kelli_Deluxe: looking for new RE in AZ
    bluestripedbee: Femara, CD9 u/s, IUI#3
    LindsayInNY: Clomid, IUI
    FliegepilzHut: u/s and f/u appt 7/30

Life & Updates
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job?
    doxielove: house hunting in the fall
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy Isis!
    Boopers: new job!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students
    bluestripedbee: Disney World in August!
    Kelli_Deluxe: seeing DH during long weekend and in September during fertile window before deployment; moving to AZ
    PurplePumps: FL trip!

36. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrswin: Thanks! We'll see how long this cycle will be since I'm planning to take a med free cycle break again. Silver lining is that I at least know I ovulated and my boobs have increased in size (for now). Good luck tomorrow! FX that you'll get the same luck as @FliegepilzHut: & @GreenThumb: .

37. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@mrswin: Wishing you lots of tomorrow!!!

38. BSB

Sorry, I hope I didn't offend anyone with my last post. I'm so sorry if I did.

My update is the AF is finally showing! 12 days til we leave for Disney and last month I triggered for my IUI on Day 9 and IUI was on day 10 and 11. So I'm hoping that I can repeat that schedule this month. Also, the last two months, I started my femera a day late. If I start it on Day 3 like I'm suppose to it might make increase my chances for an earlier IUI.

39. BSB

Sorry, I thought I replied this weekend to some of you, but apparently I wasn't in the mood to respond. I took some time off this weekend to mope and get pissed off at our situation. By Sunday, I treated myself to a tall glass of Cherry Mojito. Haven't been in the mood to drink and usually I make these mojitos for July 4th, but guess I didn't have the need to drink… well, definitely had a glass this weekend. It was delicious!! I'm not a drinker but I think I'll make another. Just because.
    Anyway, I'm catching up on responding to you all.

@CupQuakeWalk: Thank you. AF started today. I took the weekend off from HB. I posted something on FB about needing to keep hope. This quote was extra meaningful to us this weekend. "HOPE is the little voice you hear whisper ‘maybe’ when it seems the entire world is shouting ‘no!’" I then posted a picture of my IF tattoo and DH's. I got a lot of FB support. Because the quote, may make it seem like the 'entire world' was directed at family and friends. I commented on my post that… "I know all of you have our support but in this time of weakness, we don't quite understand why we are on this difficult journey and others have it easier. We mentally and financially have put everything we can to become parents and month after month, we are denied. We just don't know what we have to do to become worthy. So many questions and not enough answers…" Got a lot of people to understand and support us in this time. Which felt great.

@FliegepilzHut: Thank you. I pulled out my IVF folder to remind myself of prices. Scary to think about because I have to decide between the $28K guaranteed (or money back) plan or the $16K one IVF plan. So that was on my mind this past weekend. But now that AF came, I'm trying to think about this last IUI. Gotta think of today instead of worrying about the IVF route.
    @LindsayInNY: I'm sorry about your sister. My younger sister was married before me but and they weren't ready to TTC for a few years and then I started TTC. But then at Christmas, my sister told me that they might be ready to TTC soon. All I could think of was "Great! She's going to get pregnant before I do. Just watch. " Yup, having IF makes us psychic!

@mrswin: Thanks. AF just showed up. So I'm hoping we can fit an IUI in before Disney.

@owlteach: Yeah, I'm a planner and having IF really sucks as a chronic life planner. So sorry about all the pain you are having and all the money we have to put in to try to get pregnant. Hugs!

@Sunshine1810: Yeah, it is so hard when my DH showed how upset he was. He doesn't have the support of HB and so seeing him so angry and frustrated was so heartbreaking. He did vent to his one friend and he let me read the text and I could tell that he was really frustrated. If you read my reply above to CupcakeWalk, I posted on FB and I think it allowed us to get the support we needed from our friends and family. I think that helped us get our frustration/emotions out.

@just_ju: Thanks. AF just showed so I'm hoping we will be able to get in IUI in before our disney trip.

@babycanuck: Yay!

40. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bluestriped bee: Thanks for your well thought-out words, as always! And a cherry mojito?! Never had one, but it sounds delicious So, you might be in the TWW when you get to Disney?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee