Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 11/21

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs.Someone: who knew? So glad you found them. Anyone who's willing to help is a-OK in my book!

2. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LovelyPlum: thank you! Good luck wrapping up the semester. I know how crazy this time of year feels. Ahhhh, a nice long break awaits you. Enjoy every second of it.

@sprite: thanks for sharing! I remembered bits and pieces of your story. Femara was much nicer of a drug for me, although my lining was too thin, so I had to switch to injectables. I love your avatar, by the way--so happy.

3. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Gahhhh I always see this after a few pages of responses and then if feel like I can't catch up!
    This weekend I'm getting my hair did and going to a friend's baby shower. Womp womp. JK She's one of my besties and she had some IF issues of her own so I am really genuinely happy for her. It still makes me a little sad for myself, but no bitterness towards her.
    Also, I forgot my cell phone today when I left for work and my injectables provider called to confirm my order. Whoops! By the time I got home and saw they were already closed. I'm sure it's fine since I won't need them till next Tues at the earliest and they ship overnight. But I still feel like I missed something huge.

Hope everyone is well! I can't wait to go back and read the updates this weekend

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Happygal: I do. I'm going to update there after my appointment tomorrow.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Shutterbug: I'm going to message you on Monday so we can discuss Catching Fire!

6. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

OK, this shows how out of touch with popular culture I am..... had to Google Catching Fire. I want to see it, too!

7. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Hi!!

This weekend brings me nothing but work. (I work every other, so it's not too bad). I am however going to do some Xmas shopping today!!

As far as updates... Had blood draw for progesterone this past cycle. Came up at 13.5 on 50mg clomid. Dr wanted it to be at 15 or higher.. Rats!!! So close !!!

So, his notes were to up the clomid to 100mg this round (which I started on Tuesday). This cycle, all my key ultrasound days fall over Thanksgiving weekend, and they are closed. The nurse thought I may have to sit this cycle out, in which I firmly said that it wasn't an option! I'm so intimidating!! Anywho, we agreed to do the blood draw the first Friday in December and go from there.

Woot woot!!! No vaginal u/s this month!!

8. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs bunchy: hi back! Good for you for standing firm and letting them know it isn't an option! Seriously, the logistics of a RE's office boggles my mind. I should follow in your foot steps and do some Christmas shopping--I do it all online anyway, so I don't know what I'm holding out for!

9. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Does anyone else get annoyed with all the symptom spotting posts? I just want to go in and remind everyone that pregnancy symptoms are the same as AF symptoms and looking for them just ups your potential disappointment

10. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I know lol!! Symptoms are NOT a good way of determining whether or not you're pregnant. Also, most of these people are like 8DPO... just wait a few more days, then you'll know! It's impossible to know now anyway.

Honestly, the first thing I think is "n00b" lol!!

11. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@happygal.. The office is usually amazing !! I think I always get the same nurse on the phone and I am sure she knows my name and birthday by heart

Online shopping ... Sounds good!! I am someone who has to touch and see things in person!!

12. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs.Someone: They don't bug me, but I also don't read them I symptom spotted like crazy in the beginning, and while I never posted, I definitely read every thread I could about TWW symptoms! In fact, I remember my first cycle ever googling "symptoms+1 dpo, symptoms+2 dpo, symptoms+3dpo" and so on. I think it's a lesson that has to be learned the hard way.

@Mrs Bunchy: I don't like shopping or dealing with crowds, so I'm grateful for Amazon. And I've wondered about all the messages I've left for me office--I always am a good patient who spells out my first and last name, gives my date of birth, slowly provides my phone number and repeats it. . . I'm sure the nurse is thinking, "Yeah, yeah, we know!"

13. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@Happygal: um, I've been at this for years and I still google symptoms by day. It's like I've forgotten what my past experiences are like!

I've got major back pain going on today & yesterday evening. Is this possibly a side effect of progesterone? DH told me that I get back pain every time I'm pregnant, but I had it last cycle and wasn't. I'm wondering if it's a s/e of the suppositories.

14. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs. jump rope: well, I googled the side effects from progesterone, and it's a lot like googling the TWW symptoms. People have zero side effects, some side effects, no side effects--I'm pretty sure I saw someone mention back pain, along with leg pain, headaches, and more! Basically, I think there's no way to tell.

15. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Happygal: bummer. I like definitive answers instead of vague possibilities!

I'll have to wait and see what happens, and figure out of this is my norm!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Plans this weekend sleep, sleep and more sleep, I feel like I got none this past week!

Find out today IUI#2 ended in another chemical pregnancy So stinky, ok no it SUCKS!

RE is saying it happens and not to concerned yet, if it continues err might look into genetic RPL testing and such, but he doesn't see it going there!

S

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@LovelyPlum: School work always something to do

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs bunchy: Yay no u/s your office is closed? That is stinky. ....

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I swear progestrone had crazy side effects. ....... anything is possible!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Someone: AMEN...lol unless I'm puking I wouldn't believe it....lol

21. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@FaithFertility: oh no, I'm so sorry!

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: Thank you, this road of IF is a crazy one mo one says it would be easy, I feel like I now have a guard up anyone else feel that way? I mean I'm still optimistic but feel that I also know this road had many "pot holes"

23. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@FaithFertility: girl I am so so sorry. I just had to push my OB for RPL testing (after my second loss). I argues that it was basically just a blood panel and nothingness invasive and I wasn't willing to go through another loss just to see if we were missing something. I hope you find some time to heal.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@T.H.O.U.: We did the blood panel before so we know that is ok, I'm not sure what other RPL tests their are I've read about embryo biopsy.... sounds intense

25. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: Oh honey, I'm so sorry to read this. I saw you asking about mini IVF on another thread and raced over here for an update. Your analogy is a perfect one--a road with many jarring pot holes. It does comfort me to know that you have such a supportive family to be with you. Bigs hugs to you.

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Thank you so much, we are trying IUI again but I like to know "what next?"

27. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: I'm the same way! I told this to my RE, "I feel good when there is a plan." So now it's funny--she makes a point to say, "Okay, we'll try this for 3 more times, then reevaluate the plan."

28. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: yep I totally agree, right now "the plan" is wait for AF and in the mean time have some cocktails, because I dont drink a drop once I get it and start meds.....and focus on positive things.......finally had a good night's sleep last night, ever since the middle of the week when we got news it was not loooking good I've had terrible dreams

29. Mrs. Jump Rope

@FaithFertility: oh no! Im so sorry

30. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@SweetiePie: how was the baby shower? Are you happy with your hair do?

@FaithFertility: cocktails sound good! Are there any other "forbidden" pregnancy foods that you can enjoy during this time as well?

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: I cut out caffeine, and right after my IUI I stay away from all food you can't have PG, sounds crazy but its a mind game, you??????

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: How are you feeling? How is the progestrone?

33. Mrs. Jump Rope

@FaithFertility: I'm good. Soooo tire today even though I slept 10 hours last night. The progesterone has no effect on me that I've noticed. No leaking, no pregnancy like symptoms. I've had lower back pain, though! Not sure if it's a s/e or what..

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: hmmmmm...being tired is a good sign!!!! Yay for no leakage I stopped taking it yeasterday and I still have leaking....blahhhhhh!

35. Mrs. Jump Rope

@FaithFertility: I'm sure my time will come. Sorry if this is gross but last nights suppository broke into threes ... So THAT was fun

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: sounds fun.....lol mine are plastic tampon like tubes so I never experienced that....lol

37. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

@FaithFertility: Oh no, I am so sorry to hear.

38. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@FaithFertility: I am so very sorry for your loss. Hugs.

39. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@FaithFertility: Oh, no. I'm so sorry.

As for me, I just had my day 14 ultrasound and they found one mature follicle at 17mm. Lining looked good. I triggered today and IUI is scheduled for tomorrow.

Tomorrow going to be a crazy day. DH has plane to catch at 9am. Bright and early at 5am, we are going to take his checked bag to the airport. Then go home so he can collect his 'goods.' He has to drop off his 'goods' at 7am at the RE and I'm going to take him to the airport to catch his flight. Crazy! I know. Then I have to get to work, do some things. Have my acupuncture appt at 9:45a followed by IUI at 11a.

With work and this IUI, it feels like I'm fitting a whole work week in 3 days!

Can't wait for Thanksgiving to relax.

40. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: You can do it! Glad that the plan wasn't scheduled for today, I heard traffic was nuts with Obama's visit.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee