Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 1/16

1. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: we have the same television setup...right down to the finnicky antenna. I'm intrigued by this chiropractor's success. I've never heard of using one for IF.

2. Mrs. Polish

@Mrs.Someone: how did you get pregnant if you were stressed? I hear it's more effective than a condom.

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Mrs. Polish: Hah! Who knows

4. Mrs. Polish

@TheSwissWifeStyle: ROBES!? Whaaaaat? Haha. I'm glad you're feeling so good about this and I'm so excited about the robes. That's how you know you're in the right place. Crappy Dr's wouldn't get robes.

5. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Mrs. Polish: Yay for CD14, I hope you are on your way to having a "normal" cycle again!

@LovelyPlum: So glad you are doing well, can't believe how quickly time flies

@LindsayInNY: Glad you got you RE appointment re-scheduled.

@MrsTal: Saw your other thread as well and I am glad your tubes were clear. Definitely push for more aggressive treatment if that is what you want.

@Shutterbug: Transfer day will be here in no time I am a little jealous that you will already be so far into your TWW. Are you going to test or wait for your beta?

@brownie: Its great that you got some answers on the autoimmune stuff. I hope you are able to find an RE that you are happy with and that hopefully isn't to far away. BTW what does it mean when you say the RE batches cycles?

6. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@mrswin: They put everyone on birth control and do stimulation and retrievals in a very specific 2 week period. None of which fit with my plans as far as work (I teach and would like to have a baby during a break).

7. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

We do not really watch awards shows! But I will read recaps online instead.

I am in a TWW. 8dpo. I took a test this morning even though I knew it was too early! I'm trying not to care about the outcome but... that is kind of impossible, despite my best efforts.

8. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Happygal: Good luck, I hope this is your cycle! I am trying to hold out on testing until next Friday

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Robes??!! I get a hospital gown and a sheet I am glad your follow up went well and that you have found a great RE

@mrs bunchy: Glad you were able to do the Clomid but too bad you couldn't make it to the monitoring, could they not do CD2 instead?

@Mrs.Someone: Nice to see you

@Mrs. Pinata: Interesting about the chiro, I have heard that they can help with IF too but I have never tried it. I'm glad that you and Mr.P have a plan, good thoughts that his next SA is showing improvement

@bhbee: I hope it was OHSS and your RE can look into it for you. I have had many of the same symptoms since my IUI and was very sick yesterday but my E2 was normal and I only had 3 follicles

@ShayNanigans: Hopefully you will see a in the coming days

9. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@brownie: Wow, I have never heard of that. The two clinics I have been to here let you cycle according to your timing... I can see how that would be crazy difficult to arrange

10. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I don't really watch awards shows, although I usually tune in to the red carpet for a bit before hand.

As for me I am 4dpiui and my beta is not scheduled until the 26th. I have been crazy busy at work with a bunch of deadlines so I haven't been obsessing too much about it.

11. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrswin: I am going to try to wait to test until the 26th (my beta is the 31st even though I am only 2 days behind you!) so we can try to not obsess together

I usually find the first week of the TWW super easy - no pressure to test, no reason to feel symptoms, and the relief of getting through ovulation/IUI/whatever you're doing that cycle. then around 8dpo I start to get antsy . . .

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: ohhh my gosh I know I've said this before but your time is flying.......yay for your ET!!! 8 embryos sounds good :)) How many are you transferring?

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Polish: Yay for EOD

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@brownie: glad you got that information, it helps to know!!!!

@Mrswin: it really does help to stay busy during the TWW

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I really will only watch Music Award shows...Grammy and CMA awards

Update: CD 10 today I go into RE Saturday for CD 12 scan to see when I trigger for IUI. This month Clomid was a Bit*h I am not only super hormonal and not flashed but I feel soooo bloated! Hoping for more 2-3 follicles :)))

How are the other IUI GALS DOING?!?!

16. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Shutterbug: awesome news on the ER!!!

@Happygal: I've had cd 3 and 7 dpo blood work done. I'm planning on waiting to see what he says and what his opinion is on our course of treatment but I also am going to tell him I don't want to wait any longer.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: love the positive update! Also, super jealous of the plushy robes

17. thisisme

apricot / 305 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I just had some polyps removed on Monday. I didn't have any symptoms, either.

The procedure itself went ok, but it was a pretty miserable afternoon. My surgery time was 2:30, but they still didn't let me eat after midnight. I passed out TWICE while they were putting in my IV. Then, I was sick after the surgery. But it's done, and I only have one more appointment before we should be cleared to start IVF!

I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts. I've been hanging around for a few days and I'm starting to feel like I'm knowing some of your stories.

@Shutterbug: I'm excited to continue hearing your story. Best wishes for Saturday! Is this your first IVF cycle?

18. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@mrswin: I forgot to add that all of the RE's are at least 2 hours away and the farthest is 4 hours away. If we move, it will be 2 hours away and 6 hours away. So not terribly different. THOUGH there is an RE in the town we are moving to, so that may be an option.

19. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@thisisme: I'm sorry you had such a poopy experience But yay for it being done!

20. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@ShayNanigans: will you keep on testing every day? I am not an early tester, but I always like the enthusiasm of early testers!

@mrswin: being busy with work is a true blessing in the TWW! Fingers crossed for you friend!

@bhbee: hmmm. I think the first few days are hard for me and then the very last few days where I'm debating, should I test of should I wait? My first TWW ever was insane--every single day I was studying my chart and googling possible symptoms.

@faithfertility: I'm sorry Clomid is so tough this cycle. Hopefully you won't have to do any more drugs ever after this cycle!

@thisisme: that sounds rough, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Will you last appointment be just to check in and see how things are going?

21. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Hey girls! I'll go back and read everyones updates and respond when I'm at home tonight.

I used to like to watch the award shows arrivals...but this year I HATE all things awards/red carpet. I work at a celebrity mag and since October all we talk about is Red Carpet season and the awards. Saying the words Globes, SAG, Grammys and Oscars makes me want to barf.
    So yes, I'll be watching, but it'll be because I'm at the office on a Saturday and have to be. Its really ruined it for me.

Update: not a lot new! I'm currently 9dp5dt and still POAS'ing away. Not because I'm paranoid but because its fun seeing the 2nd line appear. It still feels surreal because I have ZERO symptoms. Not even from the progesterone this whole time (and I've been injecting and using suppositories every day for 2 weeks).
    Beta is on Monday at 7:30am, and I luckily have that day off for MLK. So DH and I already had plans to go to a basketball game...hoping the numbers come back great and we have a lovely little day

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@SweetiePie: hoping for a wonderful wonderful Monday for you!

23. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Despite AF arriving this week, I was doing okay. Had found some podcasts to listen to which were kinda helpful... But here's the rest of it... A friend of mine has a daughter who will be 3 in March. She apparently was told she couldn't get pregnant but that ended up not being the case (obviously). They have been trying for #2 since fall of 2012, just a couple months before we started trying for #1. She's had some thyroid issues and recently was diagnosed with PCOS (I think? She described it as something else but fairly certain that's what it is) and prescribed Metformin. I checked in with her via text today to see how it had been going and was going to tell her we have a consult next month. Well, lo and behold, as I kinda suspected, she's 6 1/2 weeks pregnant. Hasn't even told her family yet. I'm excited for her/them, I really am, but it's one more reminder that I'm not pregnant. And this is really bumming me out for some reason...

24. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm sorry It's so hard when it seems like you're being left behind and everyone else in the world is pregnant. I totally get that feeling! Here's my positive spin on your situation with your friend... she needed intervention and then as soon as she got it - boom. pregnant. You have a Dr's appointment next month, so then you will get whatever it is that you may need for intervention, and then you will be pregnant! Hugs

25. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Shutterbug: That's the best way to describe it - feeling left behind. DH has been really good with everything and wants me to focus on relaxing and not stressing about this stuff because it's not helping. But sometimes I just want to emotionally eat/drink or cry and that he doesn't understand. My fear is that the doctor's appointment will get us no where. That nothing will be wrong. And then what?

26. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@LindsayInNY: That's what happened to me... all the tests came back normal. To be honest, it is really hard, because there isn't something to "fix" with metformin or whatever. For me, I followed the "typical" path of Clomid, then Clomid + IUI, then IVF. Then again, if you do get that far into things, IVF success rates are actually quite high for people with Unexplained IF (and you can find SART success rates based on diagnosis for particular clinics in your area). Obviously I won't know for a couple weeks if I was successful this round, but I did have a good response. At least with unexplained IF you have a lot more options (then say, if you had a male factor issue where they recommend IVF right away).

27. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Shutterbug: I'm guessing that will be my path, if necessary (See? Still optimistic slash in denial...) I just checked the RE I would go to (they're walking distance from home) and their SART success rates at 68%! Apparently they're among the highest in the nation. Did you have to medicate before IUI/IVF? I don't even know if it's possible to do either without medication...

28. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@LindsayInNY: Wow, that SART score is great! My RE said we could be as conservative or aggressive as we were comfortable with. We ended up doing 2 unmonitored Clomid cycles, meaning no bloodwork or ultrasounds (which I don't think I'd recommend unless you're trying to save $$), then 4 IUIs (3 with Clomid, 1 with Femara), then IVF. I think that you can do natural IUIs, but they'd probably want to monitor you anyway to make sure you had a follicle. Generally with people who ovulate on their own, they put you on medications to give you 2-3 eggs (and double/triple your odds). A good RE should go with what you are comfortable with (within reason, of course).

29. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LindsayInNY: try just to take one step at a time (I'm awful at this--I'm already planning next steps and have yet to test this TWW!) But really, one round of Clomid could do the trick for you. I also think you should stick to thinking of just the cycles where you've actually tried, which is around 10, right? Your RE sounds great, but with luck, you may not even have to go.

@shutterbug: and @lindsayinNY: my Infertility Workbook talks about the feeling of being left behind and has good advice on how to handle this. I'll share specifics in a minute. . . I would go grab it, but it's in the room where my husband is working right now and he's having an intense conversation with a client!

30. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@SweetiePie: working at a celebrity mag sounds very glamorous to me. What do you do? Have any good gossip to share with us?

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Happygal: I'm in cycle 11 now. I would say timing has been good to great for at least 8 of them? The first two were a complete waste plus one more where I Oed late. Otherwise most cycles have had anywhere from 2 to 4 of the prime days - O-3, O-2, O-1, O, O+1. I would say the last 6 cycles or so have been 3 to 4 of those days, easily.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Shutterbug: The practice seems really good so that gives me something to look forward to. I'm guessing, assuming nothing is wrong, that we'll have the option as to how conservative or aggressive we want to be too. My gut tells me nothings wrong but that's it's long-term use of BC that has thrown my body off so much. Who knows...

33. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: So glad your hysteroscopy went well and you got some answers! It's so good to see a positive update from you.

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: I am sol excited for you, I'd be POAS every day too....lol

@LINDSAYINNY: ughhhh I am sorry about you getting that news.........I know that feeling all to well! It is that quick gut wrenching pit in your stomach and ache in my heart that I want to ignore and turn into joy.. I think it is only natural to feel left behind, its not like we would never want it not to happen to the ones we love, buy we want it to happen for us too!!!!!!!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

CD12 update: I have one mature follie at 21mm linning is good at 8.9 so I most likely will trigger tonight, depending on b/w but I'm. Sure that will match and be good!!!!!

So IUIs tomorow and Monday...yay beacause I have no work Monday!!! :))

Can't wait to get to the TWW

36. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@FaithFertility: Yay! Great news! I can't wait to hear how it goes.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: Thanks can't wait to do it and be done....lol
    How are you holding up ;)???

38. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@FaithFertility: I'm good, still don't really feel anything! Maybe some cramping? This happened last time too, I felt nothing until 7 weeks or so. Hopefully there is one thing that goes differently this time

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: YES!!!!! :))) I was just talking to a girl in the office that had her first beta after IVF she POAS so she knew she was and said she felt nothing!!!!!

Can't wait to hear your betas!!!!! :))))

40. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: That is a good update! Has your RE always done back to back IUIs? And does that require two, ummm....deposits from your husband, or do they divide one sample into two?

Well, I had a dream last night that we got a BFP and were so excited. Sadly, it was just that--a dream. Tested this AM which resulted in one very white looking strip. We're sad and disappointed, but it hasn't been nearly as rough as last month since I can say we did everything we could do. My husband went out to get our favorite coffee and surprised me with a croissant, so that made me feel a little bettter. I'll be calling to make an appointment with my RE to see what she thinks we should do next. I think our choices are (1) another injectable + IUI cycle, perhaps with an even higher dosage of meds (which of course means a lot more $$$); (2) lap for endo; or (3) IVF.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee