Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 1/16

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Sprite: I'm so sorry. I hope your RE is able to find the right dosage for you the next time around. Did you do a CD3 baseline?

2. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@sprite: I'm sorry lady! Finding the right dosage is the worse part. It feels like a wasted cycle.

3. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sprite: ((hugs)) I'm sorry...

4. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Sprite: ugh, that has to be such a colossal disappointment. I'm so sorry. How often were you going in for monitoring? I know I went every other day for blood work and ultrasound and they changed my dosages up and down a few times depending on what they saw.
    Hugs and I hope this next cycle flies by and you have your baby soon.

5. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

Thanks so much for the support ladies. I can't say I'm feeling much better this evening, but what can you do. IF sucks.

@Happygal: yes, it was my first monitoring appointment, other than my baseline ultrasound. I was on what I gather is a less standard protocol of femara days 3-7 and not starting gonal-f until day 7, so they schedule the monitoring after 3 days on injects. My lining was pretty much nothing, apparently. AF has always been really light, never more than 3 days, so maybe this is an ongoing issue. After discussing it with my husband, I think we're just going to wait and go again next cycle with different dosing.

@mrswin: thanks, I hope so too! Yes, I did a baseline on CD3, but was just told all was well, no cysts, and sent on my merry way.

@TheReelDeal: @LindsayInNY: thanks ladies

@SweetiePie: I like the way your RE thinks, with the frequent monitoring. This was only my second ultrasound of the cycle, after 5 days on femara and 3 days of gonal-f. I am really going to push for more monitoring next cycle though, especially now that this new problem with my lining has cropped up. My RE keeps trying to be mindful that our insurance doesn't really cover much of anything, and I keep telling her we don't care, but I'm guessing that's why they only had me come in on CD3 and CD10.

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Sprite: I should say that my monitoring was for IVF so I don't know if your monitoring is standard for IUI. But if you feel strongly about being seen more often and aren't worried about the costs, you should be insistent.
    IF is hard enough, you should get what you need to make you feel like you're in good hands.

7. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sprite: @SweetiePie: my RE did that close of monitoring for my first injectable cycle. I went in early and they did blood work as well. They saw I wasn't responding the way they wanted, so they bumped my meds. Definitely push for closer monitoring as you're working through figuring out what works for you!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Sprite: ughhhh I'm so sorry!!!!! I know how much it stinks to have a cycle cancled!
    I'm hopeful next cycle you can go harder and asked to be monitored more often, at my office on Gonal f I went in every other day stinky at the time but your body can go from not reaponding to over stimulation in a day...I did!

Take this time to have some drinks and I'll be praying for you and your next cycle, not only brings beautiful follicles and lining, but an IUI and a baby!!!!!

9. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sprite: my periods have been really light in the last few years or so as well. My lining has only thickened up through injectables, but it does get there! I'm sorry again this cycle was a wash for you.

10. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Sprite: I am so sorry

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee