2. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Hooray!

3. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: YAY!

4. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@PastaAndPotato: I can't wait to hear about your first ultra sound tomorrow! Mine is on Monday.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@just_ju: I always look at potential DD it just os part of the madness!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Shutterbug: buhhhhh So sorry to hear! Enjoy your upcoming events, thoughts to you!

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Yay, so happy to hear!

8. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: yay!!!! So happy for you!!!!! Congrats mama!

9. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: congrats!!

10. BSB

@Mrs.Someone: ugh! Reading your post reminded me of the comments from my brother. I'm going to see him for Christmas. I love him and I don't want to cause any drama but if he asks me for the 15th time... "So, when are you going to pop one out?" I'm going to have to say something smart back. What is kinda sad is his wife, my SIL, always plays down my wish for a baby. She always says she's jealous of me that I get do it all. I know in the past, I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she (and my brother) doesn't understand IF but I think at some point I need to open their eyes to how insensitive their comments are. Need to find the right words without insulting them.

ETA: maybe I'll take your advice and use "unfortunately, its just not that easy for everyone".

11. BSB

@just_ju: oh, I think we all plan ahead and think of possible EDDs. I have an app, that I use to calculate it. Yup! Easier to use the app!

12. BSB

@PastaAndPotato: how exciting for your first u/s!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

13. BSB

@spaniellove: what??? You aren't into sweets?? You and my DH should join a club!

14. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

thx ladies

15. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

I'm pretty sure I'm out this cycle. on 13dpo with fmu. Trying to figure out what our next step should be, but I think its time to move on from the naturopath. Someone I got in contact with that has similar issues as I do said she has been seeing a perio. Anyone have experience with that? The one she suggested has nothing on his website about TTC, just high-risk pregnancies. Its either that, or switching doctors at the clinic that I went to before.

16. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs.someone: I'm sorry about that BFN. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a perio? I see that and think "periodontists."

17. BSB

@Mrs.Someone: do you want to see my accupunturist? I know she has herbs in her office? Her office is right on east lake. I really like her and she seems to know her stuff.

ETA- oh, re-read your comment. You want to move on from a neuropath, like see an RE, or see another NP?

Sorry about your BFN.

18. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Perionatalogist. Since my problem is more holding onto a pregnancy, it could be a different perspective?

@bluestriped bee: I'm happy with my naturopath, I just think its time for the "big guns". She has helped me a lot, but I think my issues might be a bit beyond her expertise. Someone else suggested a perionatologist, so I'm just curious if anyone has any experience seeing one for TTC.

19. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I wonder if an RE that provides good pregnancy support would be the right fit for you? They were no help with the MTHFR issue but were so helpful in constantly monitoring different levels and adjusting my meds and bringing me in if I felt anything felt off.

20. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: I'd have to find that magical RE Not impressed with the clinic I've gone to, but they're supposed to be the better one in town. What this other woman has been saying is that her perio said she should be on lovenox starting at 6dpo to help implantation. That the problem needs to be addressed before a confirmed pregnancy. She has antiphospholipid syndrome, but so far I only have a flag for anticardiolipins.

21. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs.someone: interesting. My friend had to take Lovenox when she got pregnant b/c of a previous blood clot and having factor V. Who is the woman you've been speaking to?

What have you not been pleased with about your clinic? Their attitude, or their advice? Or both?

22. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I would try to find that magical RE. I was lucky with my RE and he has really been helping me keep this pregnancy. I have MTHFR and am on nightly lovenox shots and am monitored weekly. I feel like I am in great hands.

23. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Its a woman I got in contact through that IRL fertility group (which I'm not part of anymore). I haven't met her, but there is a group on FB associated with it, and we talked a little there. I just sent her a PM but haven't heard back yet.

Its mostly the doctor/nurse that I've been dissatisfied with so far. The doctor is very aloof and insensitive. Pretty much said there wasn't much she could do to help. Also, I had a bunch of blood tests a few weeks ago, and was told that someone would call me with the results. Nobody called, so when I called I was told that they were waiting for me to come in for my followup (which I wasn't told to schedule). The nurse gave me the values, told me one thing was flagged and that she would talk to the doctor about whether or not I need to come in. I never got a call back.

This clinic has a reputation of not caring as much about clients who don't do IVF. I haven't said that I won't do it, but I think its pretty clear that it won't help me much.

If I go back there, I'll switch to the doctor who did my HSG that I liked.

@justdarling: When did you start the lovenox? At BFP? My current RE shrugged it (MTHFR) off, which worries me.

24. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I did FET and started the lovenox either on the day of the transfer or a few days after. I can't remember off hand. But I've been on it prior to getting my BFP and will be on it through at least 11 weeks. I also take folgard and baby aspirin. My RE is really good about being thorough and checking everything. He is also one of the RE's who are really into immunology. I've had to do a few intralipid infusions. At first all of this was overwhelming, but at this point, I will do anything to make sure that little frosty (that's what we are calling the babe) stays in there.

25. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

I was just looking over my insurance claims for the last two months and realized how much they've been billed for each visit. They must hate me and my IF so much. (Not to mention that I have many other expensive health conditions) I realized that each TI cycle has been costing them at least $5000! So since my m/c in the spring, not counting that cycle and the testing they've paid at least $35,000 for my treatment. My guess is that between us and insurance, my IF treatment has cost well over $60,000.

(And was I the only one who had to bite their lip about vacations being the cure for IF and m/c?)

26. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@justdarling: Thanks for the info! Sounds like getting on lovenox before bfp would be a good idea for me.

27. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Wow, that is a lot! So glad you have good insurance coverage.

Did you see my response on that thread? I can't believe that IF survivors would be that insensitive

28. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs.Someone: just a warning about the lovenox shots....they suck!!!! They are the worst shots that I have done yet! They sting really badly and leave you really bruised. My stomach looks like I am getting beat. It's bad. Not to scare you or anything, but this was worse than I expected.

Oh, and I am glad you said what you did on that other thread.

29. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Ah I see it now. So glad you said something!

30. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Just a thought, have you tried baby aspirin? I know it's not Lovenox and not for everyone, but it does seem to help some people. I used it this cycle starting just after O and until maybe 5 or 6 weeks when I had so much bleeding after blood draws that I had to stop.

31. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@justdarling: Honestly, I'm up for anything at this point Thanks for the warning though.

@spaniellove: Yep, I've been on it for a few months now. I still clot really quickly after blood draws, so I suspect its not enough for me.

I think I'm convinced to call the perio and see if he is willing to see me. I just don't get the right feeling from the RE clinic.

32. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@spaniellove: wow, that's so much money. You didn't have to pay all of that out of pocket did you? I'm curious to add everything we've spent up, but I will wait until I'm pregnant so I can have a complete number.

33. Mrs. Pickle

Yesterday I noticed that our group has gotten a lot smaller since we started the original IF thread. It gives me hope.

34. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Leialou: It was really a ballpark number since I didn't include a lot of my costs for meds but most of that was insurance. Our costs were mostly IVF and meds, so around $25,000? It was tough that the bulk of that fell over the holidays last year.

35. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Leialou: Considering how on fire the IVF thread has been, I think your odds are fantastic When is your next FET?

Ugh, that other thread. Don't mess with me when I'm having a sad day

36. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs.Someone: That thread is ridiculous. I know how much it stings to read crap like "relax, drink and go on vacation" when you are dealing with a negative. Don't open that thread anymore. And go have a cold beer and some nachos, start your weekend early. Wait...you're on the west coast, right? That would be really early

37. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs.Someone: it's next month. They are scheduling transfers the week before Christmas.

38. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs.someone: that's bad. Not being warm, I can handle. But not calling back and following through? That's a problem. So sorry. It is important to feel like you've got the best doctor around. I was not excited about mine at first, but I've come to trust her and can appreciate her efficiency.

39. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@sweetooth: Its honestly even worse coming from IF veterans. And seriously, look at my last response You're right, I need to stop opening it.

@Leialou: Woo, extra special gift for you Bring on the chimney puns?

@Happygal: Its just one red flag after another with this clinic. Their Yelp page is pretty abysmal too. BUT, they're supposed to be the most efficient in town.

I just called the perio's office and it sounds like as long as I get a referral from my ND that they will see me. The receptionist was super nice and answered a lot of questions. Hoping this is a good step for me. The doctor I wanted even has an appointment soon, and they were willing to block it off for me while I get the referral

40. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: good luck with the perio! I think that would be a good move for you, since like you said you're problem can't be solved by IUI/IVF, and that would be a different approach. They sound really great (holding an appt for you!) As for that other thread, I feel the same way... and on today of all days, when I'm getting the negative beta pity phone call. No bueno. And FTR, I've been on two tropical 'just relax' vacations since starting TTC and I'm still not KU.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee