Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 11/7

1. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@sweetooth: I always love your suggestions: vacation--yes!! Beers and nachos--yes and yes!!

@shutterbug: shoot. Sorry for the no bueno phone call. Do you have fun things for the weekend planned? How are you feeling? (I ask in a non-pitying voice, I assure you.)

@mrs.someone: that's great news about the new office!

I wish we could wiggle our noses and be transported to a place where we could all share nachos and beers together.

2. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: LOL thanks for the non-pity! I don't have any fun plans this weekend, but I WILL be drinking wine tonight, and I'm feeling ok. I would seriously love to have nachos and beer with you guys (non-alcoholic for spaniellove and sweetooth of course!)

3. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: That's awesome that you got the appointment! Please stop opening the other thread. It's like banging your head against a wall.

@Shutterbug: Oh, the pity call...I think the tone of their voice might be worse than the results. Nachos party for all sounds really great right now!

4. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @Shutterbug: @Happygal: @spaniellove: Nacho PAR-TAY!!! I'm so ready for the weekend...

@Mrs.Someone: That's so nice of the perio office to block out the time for you while you get your referral. A good sign for sure

5. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: @Happygal: @spaniellove: @sweetooth: YES! Oh I so wish we all lived in the same city.

6. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

We have everything here to make a meal. We need to save money. But I've convinced my husband to go out to eat because I NEED nachos! I will think of you all tonight while I grub on some nachos and drink a frosty beer. I'm so grateful for this group and hope things turn around for everyone soon!

7. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Yum! Have extra refried beans for me (I can't eat them now). I'm going to make DH take me out tonight too because I need to get out of the house and out of my crappy mood.

I've been assembling Etsy orders and listening to music all afternoon, its definitely making me feel better

8. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Happygal: that would be awesome. Have a good time tonight!
    My MIL serves beer and nachos every Friday night.

9. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Happygal: Have a great night tonight!!! I am so jealous of your nachos...I haven't had real cheese since June!!!!

10. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Happygal: you're my hero

11. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: Yes! You're doing it! I'm so jealous. My DH is making cheeseburgers because I haven't been able to eat meat in weeks and today is the first day I feel like I can eat it, so burgers!

@Leialou: She sounds like a pretty cool MIL!

12. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Do you do any holiday baking?
    Nope. I am probably the worst baker on earth.

Does it snow where you live?
    Yes. A slushy kinda snow most of the time.

Any updates?
    CD14 us showed what could have been a "popped" follicle, progesterone draw next wed to confirm. If a no go, clomid 100mg.

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Hi all, I'll give my check-in and then go back and read everything

Do you do any holiday baking?
    Nope, not yet. I've still always gone home for the holidays and my mom covers the baking. This might be the first year I'm with my husband alone for the holidays (pending IVF plans), so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Does it snow where you live?
    Yep, but not excessively.

Any updates?
    Today I had my hysterosonogram (sp?). It was more uncomfortable than I expected (cramps), but it was much shorter than I expected too..maybe 5 minutes. All in all, not awful. Good news is that the Dr. said that my uterus looks "quite good" Nothing to worry about after the D&C's, so that's comforting.
    But he did repeat again that we're going to get a lot of bad eggs/embryos when we do the retrieval. Maybe he's being pessimistic to temper my excitement, but he really wants us to be prepared that it might take a few rounds to get a healthy embryo. I guess its better than the alternative though (continue miscarrying, sick child, etc), so I'll take it.
    Next appointment is Thursday the 14th to discuss the protocol and start the actual IVF journey (the screening is over! Woohoo!)
    Question: In your experiences, from the time you got the all clear to do IVF how long did it take to start the medications and how long on medication until retrieval? I know I'll get these answers from him next Thursday, but that feels like forever!

14. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@SweetiePie: I am so glad that the hystersonogram went well! As for your question, a lot will really depend on what protocol you are on. I was on a micro dose lupron flare protocol. So, I finished all of the necessary testing in mid July which meant we got the go ahead to start IVF. While we were finishing the testing, I was on birth control. My RE wanted me on BC for a minimum of 15 days. I ended up being on it for a whole cycle. I got CD 1 around the 1st of August and started injections then. I think my retrieval was on August 13th. This time frame was pretty short compared to others - it will really depend on your protocol. And also, since we were doing the genetic testing and a FET my transfer wasn't until October 14th.

15. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@SweetiePie: We decided we wanted to do IVF at the end of April. We had a trip scheduled for beginning of June so we waited until we got back. When I got my period mid June I called my clinic and I started birth control. I was on BCP for 6 weeks. In that time I had my trial transfer, a sonohysterogram, and we signed our consents. Then I started Lupron and my monitoring appointments at the end of July. I was on Lupron for almost two weeks before starting Bravelle and Menopur. My egg retrieval was at the end of August and I had a 5 day transfer on September 1st. Then my beta was on September 11. It was a long process!

16. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Shutterbug: Sorry about your BFN but I'm glad that there is a silver lining.

@Leialou: I'm glad AF finally arrived. GL heading into the next cycle!

@littleredhairedgrl: Congrats! What wonderful news.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Good luck with the new protocol. FX for you!

@Mrs.Someone: I hear you on the nosy family. That's why I'm thinking about not going home this Christmas. It will be my first Christmas in 32 years without my parents, but it’s hard when everyone is asking if we're trying, why haven't we yet, etc. Sometimes I imagine blurting the whole thing out and making all of my aunts feel really stupid for badgering me. But I know that's not a good solution

@Happygal: Damn lazy ovaries I hope they wake up for you soon!

@PastaAndPotato: Hope your first ultrasound went well!

I want nachos too!

17. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@SweetiePie: Yea it sucks that it can put a damper on normally fun things. Did you see the video I posted on the inspiration thread yesterday? I'm totally thinking of just being honest with anyone who asks me. Need to discuss with DH though, see if he is comfortable with me doing it.

18. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I didn't! I'll check when I get home from dinner.
    DH wants to just be honest with everyone (particularly our friends who are all on to their 2nd baby and asking what our deal is). I'm actually the one who isn't comfortable with that yet. I just feel like then I'll always get asked "so did it happen yet? Did it work yet?" I guess we could tell people we want to keep the process itself private. But I don't know...if you decide to take that approach, let me know how it goes

19. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@SweetiePie: hope you're having a nice dinner! The idea of the video is to "throw your grenade" and have that difficult conversation to free yourself. I don't think I'll be specific with people, just tell them we've been having a rough go at it, and maybe mention the losses to a few people. But only to nosy people to shut them up for good.

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Any holiday baking? Nope my younger sister is a pastry chef so we leave that to her

Does is snow where you live: Nope again, Florida is still in the 80s

Updates: 6DPIUI and feeling the effects of the crinone (progestrone) blahhh....feel so full and puffy. ....but what ever I have to do to get that BFP and a Sticky baby: Nov 18th is BETA day!!!

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: Good luck to you!!!! :))

22. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Polish: I don't blamw you for not wanting to call for provera........that stuff makes me wonky!!!

23. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@FaithFertility: it makes life in our house hell. We had a fight over tortilla chips. It's awful.

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Polish: ohhhh I can totaly relate, I cry then laugh and cry again.........

25. Mrs. Polish

@FaithFertility: i remember crying and wondering why he even wanted to have a baby with me because I was clearly psychotic. How fun.

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Polish: mmmmmm.... I feel that way right now on this crinone

27. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@FaithFertility: @Mrs. Polish: See, this was another question I've had. I'm so worried about the side effects of fertility drugs that I'll take in preparation for IVF. I don't even know which ones I'll be on yet, but I am already a highly emotional person, even outside of ttc. When I was pregnant both times and then coming out of pregnancy with the miscarriages, I was legit batshit. Even now, dealing with all of my emotions over IVF is making me kinda scary. I'm really afraid of what extra hormones will do to me.
    @Mrs. Polish: The part about wondering why your husband wants to have a baby with you? This exactly! After some of my episodes I've said to him "are you sure you want to do this with me?"

28. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@Mrs. Polish: we had a fight this morning over the floor.

Your provera is my clomid.

29. Mrs. Jump Rope

@FaithFertility: did you ever take progesterone suppositories? I was just prescribed 200mg. Worried about aide effects now?!

30. Mrs. Polish

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Ive heard that before. Clomid doesn't get me anywhere near the level provera does.

31. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Mrs. Polish: last month I was a bloated, painful mess. Day 3 over here and I'm just bitchy on a higher level than normal.

Seriously. THE FLOOR.

32. Mrs. Polish

@Mrs. Jump Rope: me and Josh completely understand and feel your pain. But to be fair, floors can be shady.

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Crinone is taking vaginally...sorry TMI
    It just gives me bad PMS like systems, bloating, breakouts, soar full breasts....... so I can't symptom spot.....lol because I don't know if it's the meds or being PG

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SweetiePie: it def isn't easy, but if you can laugh it off later and DH knows how to be supportive during it all took will be ok

35. Mrs. Jump Rope

@FaithFertility: so are the progesterone suppositories. I don't know why they're call supp. when they're taken vaginally!

I'm getting the trigger shot again this month, unless I surge on my own. This'll be a fun TWW..

36. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

The nachos were good, everyone.

How is everyone doing? @Bluestriped Bee: how are you spirits after AF showing up today?

37. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Happygal: Sad. Not upset. When I went to buy the FRER this morning, the cramping was pretty bad and I was wondering if the cramps were AF cramps. I hesitated for a second when I went to buy them, wondering if it was going to be a waste.

I'm kinda numb to it all, right now.

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm sorry, you feel numb I think we have all been there a time or two!

39. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@FaithFertility: Yeah, I was thinking this morning that we always have to have that feeling of doubt at every cycle. We can never be 100% confident that we are going to get pregnant. As much as I wanted to be positive and hopeful that this was my cycle, I couldn't. I knew there was a chance that it wouldn't. So, yeah, I'm disappointed and sad but upset? Not now, not today. Tomorrow or the next day is probably when those feelings will set in.

Scheduled my CD3 blood work, CD 14 ultrasound, and CD15 IUI. DH is leaving for a trip on the day that we will plan the IUI. His flight leaves at 8:35a. He will have to drop off his ''deposit' at 7am, then I will drop him off at the airport to make his flight. We will go to the airport at 5:30 am to get his boarding pass and check in his bag. It's a tad ambious but I think he can do it. Although, if I get a + OPK before day 14, we can schedule the IUI earlier and not have to do this crazy multi-trip to the airport. I have a plan in place if we need to do it. Things we do to make a baby.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bluestriped bee: it is day to day for me, one day I'll feel positive as punch and the next think no way...........such a rollercoaster!

I spent my day having stabbing like pains in my lower left stomach area.....I truly don't think impalntation feels that bad!??!!??!?! Some one correct me if I'm wrong and now it's over.....soo weird!

I think you and DH are doing great, keep plugging along and know that when it works it will be ALL WORTH IT

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee