Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In- 12/5

1. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I agree, totally worth bugging her on her day off!

2. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Will she get back to you today about how many suppositories to take?

3. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: If they get the results today, they will call her and deal with it right away. Otherwise I'll hear from her tomorrow. I'm going to go to the lab at the hospital and try and talk them into dealing with it right away. Part of me is thinking I should just put in a second tonight regardless. What would you do?

I have a conference call at 11:30 and I'm going to be SO distracted. I can't explain the situation though, so I probably need to just wait and go through with the call

4. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I would think regardless of what your levels are, at least 2x/day would be a safe choice. I was always on 3x/day even though my levels weren't really low. Are you doing Crinone, Endometrin, Prometrium or something else?

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I would put in a second, just to be safe.

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: @LovelyPlum: Thanks ladies, I'm leaning that way for peace of mind too... I set a reminder for 8pm, but maybe I'll hear back from the ND today anyway. Its Prometrium.

7. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@SunshineMcC: I haven't heard of vagifem (what a bad name). Is it an estrogen supplement? I've struggled with my lining in the past, so I'm always interested in hearing about this topic! Good luck with the IUI tomorrow. Rest up tonight, and I'll be thinking about you!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: What made you decide to go vegan? Are you liking it? How long do you have to take follistim for? Here's hoping that spotting leads to AF very soon for you so you can move forward. Have things improved with your in-laws?

@mrswin: that's good news! How did you pick out your new RE? Any thoughts about what your plan will look like?

@mrs. jump rope: Again, I'm sorry for your loss. You've been going through some frustrating stuff! Were you ok on clomid last cycle? I seem to remember that you're sensitive to its effects.

@Just_ju: welcome to the 2WW! Those days can sure draggggg on.

@shutterbug: that's an exciting update! Things are starting to move along for you.

@mrs.someone: lovenox is a good combo of strong+Sweet. You can call the baby Lovie. Will you take it for your entire pregnancy? Your ND won't mind; in fact, I'm willing to bet she's going to be thrilled for you!

My update--we decided to keep on trying for this cycle. I think b/c I had such a good response last time, we thought we would give it a go. I'm following the same protocol as last cycle and will go in on Sat. to be checked. If it's like last time, I'll probably trigger on Sat. as well.

8. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Not sure about the Provera. How long do they usually wait for that? I think the mc started on Halloween, or maybe Nov 1?
    @MRS.SOMEONE: OMG!!!
    @HAPPYGAL: I've been a vegetarian since I was 9. This just seemed like a logical step for me. I thought that there was no factory farms, as far as dairy and stuff goes here, but I was wrong. I don't like to think of any animal suffering for my food, they are too cute in my opinion And the last time I took the Follistim, I took it day 5 through something like day 13? I had 2 good follicles when I triggered. I still haven't seen my in-laws, but we are supposed to go over there tomorrow evening after we pick out our Christmas tree, just for dessert/coffee. Thanks for asking! They really are good people, and I love them, but that whole thing just got on my nerves! Good luck this cycle, I hope you get to trigger on Sat! 2 days away!

So....not to be a Debbie Downer, but I was just talking to DH, and he asked who all was coming to his b-day party/dinner on Saturday. I said 2 of our friends names, a couple who we are pretty close with. He was in their wedding in June. And he goes, "Oh.....about them...." Yup, you guessed it. No one else knows yet, she hasn't told me or anything. But he wanted me to know in case I saw that she was not drinking on Saturday and put 2 and 2 together. I feel awful because I am mad and sad. I feel bad b/c I can't be happy for them, at least not in this moment. I feel like a terrible person, but I feel like someone kicked me in the stomach. (Lot of feelings going on...) Hopefully it will pass and I will be able to be psyched for them, and NOT cry when I see her on Saturday. I just don't trust myself right now though, I feel like I'm going to have to be glued to DH's side all night so I don't lose it And on his birthday too.

(Oh and @Mrs.Someone: don't take this towards yourself at all!! I really AM happy for you!!! It just feels harder when it's your friends in "real life" and it came so easy for them, ya know?)

9. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@Happygal: yes, I've been on clomid for three cycles now. The side effects lessened each month. I can't really complain, though DH says I'm pretty bitchy at night. Oops..

I really hope you get to trigger on Saturday!!!

10. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: No worries my friend. I get it 100%! I'd feel uncomfortable with that elephant in the room too Are you good with wine? Maybe start before they show up?

11. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs.Someone: good idea

I'm debating calling the clinic tomorrow to see if I can get a beta.

12. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

I need to do my update later today but I'm on a FB IF group and someone mentioned the FB pregnancy game that's going around. She posted her infertility version of the game and it inspired me to post on FB, too.

Here is the current draft of what I'm going to write.

---------
    So there is currently a ‘10 things about your pregnancy’ post going around and I normally don’t play these games but this one is particularly important to me because I’m dealing with infertility. Infertility affects 1 out 8 people and is usually a silent struggle because it can be so personal. Well, I’m all about infertility awareness, so here it goes.

1) We decided to expand our family back in November 2011.
    2) We took some breaks but for the 17 months we’ve tried, I have NEVER seen a positive pregnancy test. ☹
    3) Drs are unable to figure out why our fertility interventions have not worked. They tell us it should be working. That’s 17 months of disappointment.
    4) We have had 2 failed IUIs and we will do one more before resorting to IVF.
    5) IUIs out of pocket (insurance doesn’t cover it) cost us $600 each cycle. If we go to IVF, it will start at $11K and up.
    6) We have considered adoption and feel IVF might be better for us now. (Though things might change.) We would be open to adopting at a later date. Adoptions can cost between $8-30K.
    7) We have a list of baby names with middle names all picked out and ready to go. We have backups, too, but there are two that stand out. I apologize, in advance, if I name my future child the same as yours. I hope you are flattered than annoyed.
    8) I wonder everyday if we will ever have a child. Some days are harder than others and some days I feel great that I will be a mother some day soon.
    9) Most days, I love pregnancy announcements and baby pictures but there are some days that I don’t. Keep posting because I will get out of my temporary funk and ooo and ahh over your pics.
    10) Recently, I’ve been bummed out that my friends are trying for their second or third child. It’s sad for me because I made mental milestones whenever friends get pregnant. I think, okay, I can get pregnant before they have their next. Then announcements come and go and I’m still not pregnant.
    11) Bonus- Uhhh, I may or may not be stocking up baby supplies, in order to keep myself motivated that I will be a mother soon! Don’t judge (please?).

*Note: This post is not meant to make you feel guilty, I don’t want that at all. I try very hard to make sure I don't do that.

So like this status and help break the silence! Couples struggling with infertility should not need to struggle alone. Oh, you can go to resolve.org if you want some tips on how to support others with IF.
    -------------

I did leave out some details in order to protect my husband from friends and family jumping to the conclusion that it is my husband's fault. It isn't. He does have some health issues but the IUIs should have helped with that.

Have you seen this "10 things about my pregnancy' post on Facebook?

BTW, I'm not creating a new thread on this because I don't want to bring attention to HB users who have played in this pregnancy game.

13. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bluestriped bee: I haven't seen that pregnancy game on fb!

14. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: OMG, I think I would cry if I saw a bunch of those pop up on FB. Good for you for being brave enough to do this IF-style!

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@bluestriped bee: I have not seen the pregnancy game on FB, thank goodness, but love that you're being a voice for IF! Thanks for sharing. Please share with us the responses from friends.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm an animal lover as well, but do eat meat. I don't think I could farm and eat animals. I was watching some buffalo farmer on TV explain why buffalo meat is good for you, all while he was feeding them hay and they were licking his hand. Clearly they are domesticated and friendly, and I would boo hoo if I had to slaughter them for my livelihood! I'm sorry about your friend situation--I know how that rotten feeling out of guilt for not being anything except happy for a pregnant friend. I like @mrs. someone:'s suggestion of wine.

Injectable cycles are so strange; CD 8 here with EWCM. Actually, if I'm exactly like last cycle, I'll trigger on CD 11, this Sunday.

16. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I've been avoiding hellobee cuz I've been in a funk the last several weeks but I had to pop in and say CONGRATS! Stick baby stick!

17. BSB

@TheSwissWifeStyle: @Mrs.Someone: @Happygal: Yeah, one of my friends posted about how long they were in labor for, csection details, induction plans, anticipated baby weight estimation.

When I first saw it, I could only read the first bullet until I had to scroll away. Now, that I read the rest of the post, it's all about being pregnant.

18. BSB

@Mrs.Someone: ahh!!! Congrats!!! Yay!

19. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@MrsTal: Thanks! Sorry to hear you've been in a funk Hopefully you find your way out soon!

@bluestriped bee: Thanks!

20. T.H.O.U.

@bluestriped bee: this is nice. I had a friend who posted one of those responses to a number game and she posted that she had a miscarriage that obviously no one knew about on FB. I was glad to see her being open about it.

21. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@MrsTal: hope the HB break is helping and you're on your way out of that funk.

22. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

Hi! I kind of disappeared for a little while. I hope I can come back? I got pretty depressed after our third IUI failed in October so I decided to take a break. DH and I felt like we needed to make a decision after that whether we would try and save up for IVF or put that money toward adoption. We decided on adoption since our odds of getting a child are obviously much better and we really just want to be parents! However, he just started a new job this week, and shockingly their insurance plan offers coverage for IVF. We cannot believe how fortunate that is. Coverage starts February 1st. My doctor is leaving January 1st, and I will have a new RE (again), so as long as she is on board, I think we will probably move toward IVF sometime in the late winter/early spring. I feel a lot better now knowing that we have a plan, it has helped with the depression a bit. I just felt so hopeless. So anyway, I am sorry that I just left, I was really struggling!

@Mrs.Someone: I am SO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!! YAY!!!!!

23. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Sunshine1810: hi! welcome back That's so great about your new insurance!! I'm also fortunate enough to have IVF coverage, and it makes me crazy that it's not mandated federally. I keep telling DH how lucky we are, and that if we didn't have insurance coverage we'd be wiping out our savings in one cycle.

24. T.H.O.U.

@Sunshine1810: What a great surprise to find you have coverage!

25. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Shutterbug: Thanks!!! Good luck with your IVF! I am so excited for you!!!

@T.H.O.U.: It really was a wonderful surprise! Talk about a great Christmas present for us!

@bluestriped bee: I think it's great that you are posting that! I Once of my friends posted that same thing that you are and she has two children now, but she posted a lot about her struggle with infertility and finally having her two beautiful babies!

26. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sunshine1810: welcome back, and congrats on having some awesome insurance! That's a big surprise and a big step forward, too.

@Mrs.Someone: Did you get in touch with your doctor the other day? I've been thinking about you!

27. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Happygal: Thanks! Yeah it was a huge surprise! We were in desperate need for something to go right, it's been a tough year for us even without the infertility.

28. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Sunshine1810: Thank you! And of course you can come back! We've all had to take a break here and there, so we definitely get it. I'm glad you now have a plan and IVF coverage!

@Happygal: Yep, she called this morning. P is at 20! So I'm to take 1/day. I may talk to her about it at my appointment on Tuesday, to see if we can retest and make sure all is well.

29. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Thanks for welcoming me back, and I am glad that we have a plan too! I feel better. Again, I am so happy for you!

30. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@Mrs.Someone: congratulations!!!!

31. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I am so excited to see those lines for you! Big Congrats!

32. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

I try to limit the eating, I am trying to keep my weight I am the smallest I have been in awhile, stress most likely, but it is a healthy weight and I feel good

No updates yet for me AF is a no show again after our last CP and the Crinone, I am in no rush I am giving till next weekend and then ill go back to RE to get provera and start again!

33. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I guess me and you are in the same boat......waiting is the worst!

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@SunshineMcC: Best of luck to you!

35. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Mrs. Polish: @FaithFertility: Thanks ladies! I really hope some (all?!) of you join me on the other side ASAP.

36. T.H.O.U.

@FaithFertility: that's great being at your lowest weight ever. I am thinking I am really going to get my but in gear soon. I need to channel this energy and feel like I'm doing something.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Well I cant say ever but I am def somewhere I am happy with....maybe not HS skinny but wedding day skinny.....lol

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I agree with channeling energy, Ive been thinking about writing at night to channel my thoughts, fears and such..........

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Sunshine1810: hi there, welcome back So exciting about your IVF coverage. Congrats on having a plan!!

40. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Ahhhhhh congratulations!!!! I always look at the check ins a couple days late so I'm just seeing your wonderful news! Just made my night!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee