Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In- 12/5

1. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

Oh, yeah, my update.

No updates from me. Monday Dec 9th will be 14 days after my trigger shot (with no IUI), so I'm hoping AF will show up on that day. If AF shows up by Dec 10th, I might be able to fit an IUI in before my Dr's office goes on Christmas break.

I'm actually feeling really good since I posed the 10 facts about infertilty on FB (and got great support and response), so I shouldn't be bummed about skipping this month's IUI, if AF is late.

I'm going home for Christmas so I'm really excited about that.

2. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm glad you received a positive response! Well you test on dpo 14, or are you really feeling like it's not happening this time?

I head to the doctor tomorrow. Fingers crossed all is well!

3. BSB

@Happygal: Uh, yeah, we didn't BD before our cancelled IUI, so there's no chance that I'm pregnant. So no symptom spotting or testing stress for me. I'm just enjoying the holidays and I got a bottle of Italian Moscato wine from Costco for $8.99 and I'm loving it.

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@bluestriped bee: Nice. I raise my glass of beer to you tonight! No testing stress is a good thing.

5. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yum, I love love Moscato! Enjoy

6. BSB

@Happygal: *raised a glass to you*

@Mrs.Someone: Have you ever tried Italian Moscato? I got it on a whim at Costco and it is best tasting Moscato I have ever had. I don't think I'm going back to the California moscatos... ever.

Plus it's such a great deal. I bought moscato for half the volume for the same price.

7. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@bluestriped bee: I think so. A little while ago we were in a wine shop that told us about an amazing moscato, and I think it was italian. It was SO amazing. I hope DH remembers what it was

8. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Happygal: hoping your appointment went well today!

@bluestriped bee: you have such an amazing attitude. Enjoy that Moscato!

9. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I am SOOOOO happy for you! Congratulations! I loved seeing that picture of the two little lines in this thread thinking lots of positive thoughts for you. Happy Holidays!

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@bluestriped bee: I've had a Moscato that I liked and kept meaning to get again...I think it was Michele Chiarlo Nivole? I was in college (definitely underage!) and someone in a shop was nice enough to pick it out without asking questions

11. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@spaniellove: @Mrs.Someone: @bluestriped bee: is moscato sweet? I'm not sure I've ever had it before!

@LovelyPlum: thank you! It was pretty straight forward, and I'm grateful my body responds well to the injections. I triggered last night and will be heading in for an IUI tomorrow morning.

12. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Happygal: good luck tomorrow morning!

13. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: It is...but not as syrupy sweet as muscat I believe? I could be wrong. Lots of luck tomorrow at your IUI!

14. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@sweetooth: Thanks!

@Happygal: Its sweet and a little bubbly, which I love.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Best of luck tomorrow!

16. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @spaniellove: thank you! I'll be a little nervous based on the HSG pain, but I'm hoping it will be no big deal. We had freezing rain here today, so I'm leaving extra early to take in the sample. Wouldn't that be a weird time to have an accident--on my way to an IUI with the collection cup?

@Mrs.Someone: I'll have to give it a try. I like vinho verde, which is a little bubbly as well.

@T.H.O.U.: I saw your thread about TTC with autoimmune issues. I so wish I had some insight to share with you. I'm really glad you have a doctor willing to do testing and you are at a starting point to get some answers and put together a plan.

17. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: Actually, I hope you can't try it for another 9mo or so I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

18. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Happygal: Good luck tomorrow! And be safe on the roads! Hopefully it all turns to rain by the time you're behind the wheel.

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: IUI is easy as pie, it should feel nothing more than the speculum

20. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Happygal: good luck tomorrow Can't wait to hear some good news!

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Happygal: good luck tomorrow!

22. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Happygal: best of luck today!

23. T.H.O.U.

@Happygal: dive safe this morning. We had rain this morning (although in 80 degree weather) and it's no fun to drive in.

Do you guys know how offices schedule referrals? My OB Thursday afternoon put in the referral for me to see the rheumatologist. I called Friday afternoon to check on it because I hadn't heard anything and the receptionist said it was with "scheduling". Should I call back today again if I don't hear anything? I really would like to get in before holidays if possible and start any additional testing that will be needed.

24. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Thank you everyone for your well wishes, but I just called the RE and cancelled our appointment.

Late last night as we were reviewing the time line for today, my husband had a freak out and said he wasn't comfortable with it. He has some mental hurdle he just can't get over with an IUI. There was fighting and tears and an awful feeling all around that this is what TTC has become for us. So now I'm drinking a cup of coffee and reading positive injectables+IUI stories to raise my hopes. I told him that I'm done with doctors and medications until he can commit to taking the next step.

@T.H.O.U.: I would definitely call back, or if you have time today, even stop by their office in person. I understand your hope to get in as soon as possible!

25. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Happygal: *HUGS* I am SO sorry that you had to cancel your appointment for today. DH has had some issues with treatment and taking next steps along the way as well. He definitely has some issues surrounding IVF which is our next step. He seems to be moving past those issues now, but I always worry a bit. Feel free to send me a message if you need to chat about it!

26. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: I'm so sorry to see this my friend You're doing the right thing, hang in there. I really hope he comes around soon.

27. T.H.O.U.

@Happygal: I'm so sorry.

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

I've been lurking on and off but fearful to comment until now. Today marks one year of TTC. I'm doing surprisingly well but it's hard to actually comprehend. I thought I might have a LO right now or at least be pregnant. Oh, how naive was I!

@bluestriped bee: I saw your comment about the FB game... I actually almost started a thread about that because it really bothered me but wasn't sure if I was the appropriate person to be posting it. A FB friend posted hers and first thing she wrote was that they got pregnant as soon as they decided to start trying. I was so tempted to comment and tell her that's an insensitive comment because you never know what others are going through. I decided not to and just fumed silently. =/ Did you end up posting your list online?

29. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@LindsayInNY: Welcome! I'm sorry you have to be here, but it is nice to have support from people who understand. I remember when I reached the 1 year point and I couldn't believe it. I am at the 2+ year point now and I am still find myself not being able to believe it some days. I know today is a tough day for you, but I hope you'll be able to relax a little bit tonight, treat yourself!

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Happygal: HUGE hugs to you - what a difficult curve ball to be thrown at this stage in your cycle. I'm a positive injectables + IUI story. So is @trailmix. And I know there are others. I really do hope your husband can get there with you. Stay strong yourself too and let us know if there's anything we can do.

31. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@LindsayInNY: Don't be fearful to lurk, or comment - the one year mark is a difficult milestone with infertility. Have a little something sweet - and promise yourself that you will be gentle with yourself.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Sunshine1810: I was posting on the 6+ month TTC thread but aren't gold right now so I can't. =/ I think the only thing making today a bit tougher is the limbo. AF is suppose to start tomorrow? Obviously I'm hoping she doesn't but who knows anymore... Last month she came a day after my 30th birthday. Ugh.

@sweetooth: I didn't feel like it was my place to comment before... If that makes sense. I still don't feel like it is in some ways. Maybe that's just my own denial? I'm more okay with the one year mark than I though. I think it's going to be the doctor's appointment mark that is harder to handle...

33. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@LindsayInNY: I know what you mean about the doctor's appointment. That was an emotional event for me - even though we got it on the calendar and I had a month to prepare mentally for it.

I hope you always feel like you can comment freely - support comes in so many forms.

34. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LindsayInNY: I'm sad that you've made it to a year but I hope you can find the support you need in this thread. It's always nice to be around friends who understand.

35. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Happygal: that really stinks.

36. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@LindsayInNY: Hitting 1 year and realizing you may need some help is a really tough place to be in. The ladies here are awesome, and I know you'll be well supported. I hope your stay is short!

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@spaniellove: @Mrs.Someone: Definitely didn't think I would ever see the one year mark. But I'm a bit in denial about needing help... I don't want to prolong it and then regret not getting help sooner. But getting help also means I need to accept that we might need some outside assistance. And I don't know if I'm ready for that...

38. BSB

@LindsayInNY: yup, I posted it. I got 38 likes so far and about 20 good comments. First time, I posted it to everyone in my list. Last time I came out, I only had the courage to post to my female friends. I've been getting likes from everyone. I love it!

39. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Sunshine1810: @Mrs.Someone: @T.H.O.U.: @sweetooth: @TheSwissWifeStyle: thanks for commiserating and for the support. It's been a tough day, and the gloomy weather didn't help my mood at all.

@Sunshine1810: not that I want you to have the same issue as me, but it is good to know there is another IFer with a reluctant husband out there! I love my husband so much, but I've felt so frustrated and hurt with this conflict. We can have our own little support group!

@LindsayInNY: hello, and welcome! I'm sorry you've reached that year marker. Do you have a date set up with your doctor? Have you guys been trying each month in that one year? I'm sorry you're here, but I'm glad you've piped in. I love this pocket of HB--such a smart and caring group of women.

I think the one year mark wasn't too bad for me either. I really struggled around month 5 or 6. A bigger turning point was when the doctor commented, "It's just the way you are," about my thin lining and said it was time for injectables. I cried the night I first lined up the needles and drugs and it really hit home that we needed assistance.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@bluestriped bee: Good for you!! I hated seeing that stupid thing going around! It seems to have died down a bit on my feed, thankfully.

@Happygal: I don't have an appointment set up yet. I want to find a time where DH can come too in case they can do a SA or something on the spot. But also to be there to hear our next steps. I have two more progesterone refills before I decided it would be time to go back. So end of Feb/early March, I think? We've been trying all months. I've only have 9 cycles in the year though. They first two cycles were not timed with BD at all and there was another where I Oed late. Cycle 7 was a chemical. So I would say we've timed things right for 6 out of 9 cycles, at least? That might be another reason I'm in denial about having to go to the doctor at this point. But thank you all for welcoming me And I'm sorry that you had to cancel your appointment today... I can see where DH is coming from to some extent but it's frustrating, I'm sure.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee