Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/24

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@LindsayInNY: oh that really sucks.

2. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: It is turning around. I'm still really sad about the potential possibility of IVF but I'm trying not to worry about it.

@LindsayInNY: That really sucks. I'm so sorry. I had a friend who got pregnant and came here for support and found out about our IF. She was super awesome about it but it still was something I wasn't ready to share yet.

3. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LindsayInNY: That should be a great show! He seems happy in Virginia. My friend had become buds with him. I want to tag along!

4. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@alohaorchid: So nice of your boss! Hope the lines of communication continue to be open

@Leialou: Congrats on getting your license!

@MrsTal: Waiting for results sucks. Is the RE doing it in house or do they send it to an outside lab? I hope they get back to you with the results before Monday.

@Happygal: Good luck with your check on Saturday!

@FliegepilzHut: Yay for getting your appointment moved up!

@doxielove: I'm sorry. I know for a long time (2 years) we never thought we would be able to afford IVF but some how getting focused on our budget and a couple of other things have put it within our reach.

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@LindsayInNY: hmmmmm...that is kinda creepy, hopefully she sees that this is no joke and really a god send of a place to talk and deal with hard issues!!!!! Also best of luck with your cycle!!!!! I

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Praying for 3-4 follies for you

7. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: waiting is so hard, I hope you find out too!!!!

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@doxielove: I am sorry you are feeling down, hopefully things work out money should never have to be an issue when it comes to this.....sad that it is....I.E. it should be covered with insurance!!!!!!

9. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Mrs. Polish: OMG if I had a bread maker I would weight 1,000 pounds! LOL I love bread
    @CupQuakeWalk: Your not alone I am super jealous too!

@Mrs. Pinata: Sorry that the trial didn't materialize but hopefully the IUI will work if all of his other numbers are good

@bhbee: Crazy that your move is happening so soon and yay for a lower than expected payment

@LindsayInNY: I'm glad you had a good vacation, the other situation.....all I have to say is icky and lame

10. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I think I am all caught up now.....I am traveling right now so I didn't have any computer access until I finished up for the day.

Best thing from this week was an awesome Easter weekend complete with lots of time with my niece who fills my heart when it hurts

Nothing happening until after our trip.....we leave in 2 weeks!

11. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@mrswin: it's in house so it should be quick but they are only open until 3 on Fridays so it's as fast as they can get back to us.. But yay for your trip!

12. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@MrsTal: I will have fingers crossed that you get them back before they close at 3pm

13. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

Well I got the results back from my HSG today It looks like my right tube isn't connected to my ovary. I wanted answers but didn't expect this. My RE suggested 3 options: IUI when I ovulate on the left side (I'll have to go in for an ultrasound each month), lap surgery to get a better idea of what's going on and possibly be able to repair things, or IVF, which isn't even a plausible option any time soon. I'm so sad, so much more than I thought I'd be. No wonder we have been having such a rough go. Ugh.

In an attempt to be positive, the best thing to happen this week was going down to the gym today and becoming an official member. I can't wait to start working out again!

14. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm so, so sorry. That had to be tough to find out. Do you know what the chances they could repair it are? Just to give you some hope I have a friend that conceived naturally with one tube, so it does happen.

15. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

Hi I hope you don't mind me joining you here, I'm nearly on my 12th cycle and currently undergoing testing with a napro doctor to hopefully begin treatment in my june cycle. Up to yet they have found low oestrogen and low progesterone (levels just under what is necessary to confirm O) .

16. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Snowdrop: welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet. How do you like napro? I've been interested but don't know enough about it to be willing to dive in.

DH just called, the SA results aren't going to be in until Tuesday!!!! How is that possible?? When we do an IUI they have results in an hour! I'm so annoyed.

17. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@MrsTal: urgh, do they not realise how much waiting is involved in IF anyway?! I love it so far but we javent actually started treatment yet. I just like how caring and thorough and how much time they spend with you. I go to see them again the 2nd week of may, but i have regular hr long skype sessions too.

@Kelli_Deluxe: do you stand a good chance when you O from your good side?

18. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Best thing to happen.. DH and I had Tuesday off and got to spend the day running around doing errands. it feels good to have a beautiful day off with him and check a lot off the list.

Updates- on cycle day 14. Awaiting the RE apt May 20th.. Just taking it one day at a time and not being forceful with BDing because the calendar says so

19. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsTal: That's obnoxious...and strange. If it's being run on-site, it's hard to imagine what could take them so long! FX for good results, though!

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm so sorry for your bad news. Do you know if during the last couple of rounds, you were more likely to ovulate from your right or your left? (I didn't remember what testing/treatment you'd done so far...).What did your dr. think was the best course of action? Good luck with whatever you decide!

@Snowdrop: Welcome! What kind of treatment are you considering? (I had to look up NaPro...)

@mrs bunchy: Glad you got to spend a day outside, getting things done with DH! I am pretty much on the same track with you (CD12, I think; RE appt is a few days earlier)! to us both!

20. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@MrsTal: He didn't say if they'd be able to repair for sure, just that they could go in to see things better/get a better picture. That is encouraging about your friend! I know there are people with blocked tubes and tubes removed who are successful; it's just overwhelming to thing about
    @Snowdrop: Welcome! I'd like to say I do, only because during our first iui we were able to see the egg release and go down the tube on the left through a few ultrasounds. We've also been pregnant on our own once and if the right side isn't working, that would mean from the left. So we could potentially nail it with a left side iui #2
    @FliegepilzHut: I have no idea which side is more likely--I wish there was a way to make it happen on a certain side every time! My doctor didn't really indicate what he thought was best. DH wants me to get the lap (I think I'm scared), and I think next cycle I'd like to see if I'm ovulating on the left; if so proceed with an iui, if not, do the surgery then.

21. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm so sorry. I'm sure it's a lot to process. Can I be positive for you about this? You know now what is holding you up, and some people have to hang out in unexplained infertility land, not really knowing what to do. I recently saw a thread where many people shared positive stories about getting pregnant with just one ovary, so that could work for you! What are you learning towards doing at this time?

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: ((hugs)) Sorry for the news but at least they found it now and gave you some options on how to proceed?! (Trying to find the silver lining...) I know there are other HBers who only ovulate from one side. Thinking of you!!

ETA: Okay, I just saw @HappyGal: comment where she basically said the exact same thing I did, LOL. That's what I get for not refreshing

23. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@doxielove: Boo to them taking so long with the SA results! I'd call Monday but I'm incredibly impatient haha.

@Happygal: Good luck tomorrow at your scan!! Bring on the iui!
    Yes, yes, yes you can be positive for me For the most part I know it's not a be all end all diagnosis, but I can't help but feel so down about how long we've been trying, possibly in vain. Was the thread you saw on HB? I'm not sure what we'll do.... I need to call my momma! Haha that always helps

@LindsayInNY: Yes, answers are definitely what I hoped for! I guess we'll see how these next couple months play out! Also, I'm sorry you're still potentially dealing with your lurker. I hope she reads all of this and feels guilty for being so nosey.

24. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@FliegepilzHut: yay! Best of luck to you! let's wait for some good news !

25. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrs bunchy: I'm definitely ready for some good news!

26. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm so sorry! But, like others have mentioned, there is a silver lining that you have a diagnosis. I've read that sometimes when one ovary no longer works, the other one starts releasing an egg monthly to compensate. That could happen so as crappy as you feel right now, there is definitely still hope!

@Snowdrop: welcome

@LindsayInNY: that really sucks about your coworker! I would feel horrible if that happened to me, I'm so private about this stuff.

@mrs bunchy: Awesome attitude to have!

I cannot wait for this day to be over! I'm exhausted, these cramps are killing me today, and I'm so sick of dealing with people at work. I just want to go home and relax!

27. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

I was just reading another thread and it made me think.... I wonder if my dh and his ex-wife froze any embryos after their IVF cycle?! If they did, do they still have them.. I have to talk to him about this.

I hate this whole entire situation so much!!!

28. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

Happy Friday! Trying to catch up here...

@LindsayInNY: Well, even if you have to be nice, I still think it's completely creepy for a coworker to accidentally/on purpose stumble across you on the IF pages.

@MrsTal: Yes, I am 26, so I do have time on my side. I'm just not sure how open we'll be to taking a few years "off" from TTC to save for treatments. We want to be able to live life in the mean time and not have to scrimp and save every penny for IF treatments. You are right, our financial situation may be completely different in a year! Maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself anyways since we don't even have an official diagnosis, yet PS - that's such a bummer you have to wait all weekend for the SA results!

@Mrs. Pinata: YUM, love margaritas. Margaritas make everything better So sorry to hear about the clinical trial. I have no advice/experience with deciding to do IUI, but I'll be thinking of you!

@bhbee: Yay for lower mortgage! Congrats again on the move/house!

@Kelli_Deluxe: I think you were directing the SA comment to @MrsTal

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm sorry to hear about your right tube When is your lap scheduled?

29. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: Hope you feel better soon and have a good weekend!

30. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@alohaorchid: If that were the case, that would be awesome! Get busy left side! I hope you find some peace soon with all of this unknown with your DH. I imagine the constant wondering is driving you crazy.

@doxielove: I am replying on my phone haha. I think I saw part of a dog in the Avi and went for it! I haven't scheduled my lap yet; my RE said to call him Monday after we process and think it over, I still don't know.

31. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Just wanted to tell you that you have a great chance of success with just one tube. That was my situation for awhile (or at least we thought at the time) but then found out that my only tube (other had been removed during fibroid surgery) was blocked so we had 0 chance but IVF. With one side working, you CAN get pregnant. During that time, we did Clomid and IUI's and I did ovulate both months from my left side (side with the tube). You don't necessarily alternate each month with ovulation. Good luck.

32. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Jenn23: Thank you! I'm definitely hoping we can do a successful iui with medication!

I'm so stressed today! There's a lot of talk going on at DH's job and there's a big possibility he's going to be gone the next 4-5 months. If that happens I guess my decision on how to proceed is made for me! Is it crazy to freeze sperm for IUI's?

33. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: i don't know the science of it all but i would totally be wanting to freeze that sperm!

@FliegepilzHut: you dont get as much of a choice with napro because they aim to normalise your cycle so its more dependant on the consultant's opinion but I have a fair idea that it will involve ovulation drugs and progesterone support.

@doxielove: i'm 26 too! One of my pet hates is peopke saying 'but you're so young you have loads of time' yeah 1) I'm not that young and 2) since when does fertility improve with age...hmmm

34. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I called and paid for my FET cycle this morning. My first appointment is a week from today.

35. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@Leialou: Good luck!!! Hoping for the best for you!
    @Snowdrop: Good luck with the NaPro! That sounds like a really good place to start. I wish they could help with MFI or we would have been more tempted to try something like that.
    @Kelli_Deluxe: That totally stinks about your right tube. I would be disappointed too. Like others have said though, I think there is definitely a good chance of left-side ovulation! I may be wrong, but I think that when you use ovulation induction drugs (like for a medicated IUI), that BOTH sides can get mature follicles even if it's "supposed" to be one ovary's chance, so you could end up with 1 or 2 follicles ready on each side, so every cycle you'd have a good chance. Keep us posted and good luck! I guess a good question would be if the lap would be covered by insurance?@alohaorchid: Oh my gosh! That's so interesting! Definitely worth looking into if there are still frozen embryos!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I am sorry that had to be tough to hear! I think IUI is a good option, can they give you a trigger shot, I think it makes you ovulate form both so it will up chances of the left one getting the action!

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: I think people freeze sperm for IUIs all the time!

38. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Snowdrop: hahahaha yes, fertility is not like wine, it does not get better with age!!!!!

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Wow, this thread moves so fast! I it! I will try to catch up on my computer so much easier!!!

Best thing this week: We had an ultrasound Thursday, we saw a sac, yolk and pole, they said it was way to early to see baby or heartbeat, but they wanted to rule out etopic and such, I was a little bummed, but RE was happy with what he saw, so I say if he is happy I am happy, we go back next week to see again!

I hope everyone is doing well! Know I am always praying for you all!!!!

40. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Wait and see...then IUI sounds like a really good plan. FX for you! I bet they can freeze semen, then thaw and process. It's sad that your husband might be out of town so long...

@Snowdrop: That sounds like a great starting point. Good luck to you!

@FaithFertility: Congrats!!! That sounds like wonderful news to me. Thinking of you! Hopefully we will all get to join you soon!

@Leialou: I'm excited for your upcoming FET!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee