Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/24

1. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

@mrs. bird: Good luck to you and Mr. Bird!!! Sounds like you have had your share of rough lately.

I have been reading everyone's updates and following along for the past couple of weeks! I have had a hard time commenting, because I am in a really bitter place right now. I was physically pretty miserable all of last week. Between the back pain and the near constant feeling of my ovaries and uterus either feeling like they are going to explode, or are being pinched, I am pretty miserable a good chunk of the time. I have been feeling better this week, at least making it through the day without too much pain, with soreness/pain at night.

Had a big blow up with dh last night. He really has been very supportive through this whole thing, and I think he just finally reached his breaking point. He pretty much told me that I've become a different person and am much more negative and hateful than I have ever been. I know that it is true. I'm really hoping that after surgery, I will be better able to cope with things, even if it doesn't fix the fertility issues. Being in pain all the time is exhausting and draining.

I'm going to try and rally and be "fun" tonight...there is a blazer game on soon, so I need to put my happy face on, go make dinner and be my old self. I'm just not sure how I am going to muster that

2. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@mrs. bird: I could take you home! For realsies, so let me know. Good luck again to Mr Bird!

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bluestriped bee: Free BCPs where were they when I was on my early 20's That is great...hey any break in the IF wallet helps!!!!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: ahhh I am sorry you did not get the 3-4 you were hoping for! I will be praying for you on Friday and that your one fat follicle is IT!!!!!!

5. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@lazypanda: I am glad your IUI went well!!!! Yay to 9 million!!!! I pray the TWW is fast and has an amazing ending!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@owlteach: I am sorry you are having it tough! It can be so hard! Listen to your body, don't over do yourself of your not feeling up to it! Hope your night is good!!!

7. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@owlteach: I'm so sorry. I think it's so common for IF to cause friction between spouses. When is your surgery?

@mrs. Bird: I'm glad that a Friday will work. Good luck to Mr. Bird. The surgery will go just fine, and you'll be one step closer to baby bird!

8. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: how are you? Have symptoms kicked in for you yet?

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: I am doing ok yeah they have I am dizzy and nausea pretty much daily, but it comes and goes.....I force myself to eat because nothing sounds good, and my boobs.....well they are sooooo sore....but I'll take it all! I go tomorrow for another u/s so we are praying all continues to go well, thanks for asking!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs. bird: Praying all works out for you

11. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FaithFertility: let us know how it goes! I'm praying for you.

@lazypanda: I'm glad you had the whole day off. I physically would have been fine to return to work, but the emotions were high!

12. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: Thank you, and thinking of you Friday!!!!!

13. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

@Happygal: Sometimes it is just so hard to be optimistic, even when I know I have so much to be thankful for! I think it just makes us human.

@LindsayInNY: It's ok, I'm crazy like that too

@FaithFertility: I hope things keep working for you! Please don't stop hanging out with us, you give me hope

You are all seriously, so wonderful

14. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@owlteach: Thank you sooooo much

15. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@FliegepilzHut: hmmmmm.... not sure. i highly doubt it, i think if you've paid the premium, they have to allow you to utilize your benefits, but i'm not 100% on that. the woman from the surgical center said as long as i know what kind of ins it will be, it shouldn't be a problem, even if i don't have a card or # yet. the potential employer sent mr. bird some info on their benefit options and it looks like we'd have a $1,000 deductible for each of us, but then everything would be covered, so we'd be better off holding off on cobra if he's thinking of going forward with this job because we'd fulfill my deductible immediately with my surgery & that would be less than one month of cobra.

16. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: thank you!

17. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@owlteach: thank you! i'm sorry you're in a bitter place i think we've all been there. i know IF hasn't brought out the best in me at times. sometimes when you fake it 'til ya make it, it gets easier. i hope things look up for you soon

@Shutterbug: you are just the sweetest thing ever!! i think my mom might be able to take me, i'm gonna talk to her about it tomorrow. thank you! are you packed & ready to go?? i'm so excited for you & your trip! brunch upon your return

@Happygal: thanks!

@FaithFertility: good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow!

18. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@owlteach: I'm sorry it's so hard. It comes in waves at times. Being negative and bitter happens sometimes, that's IF but there are hopefully days too. I hope you'll get some hopefulness soon.

19. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Happygal: Hugs to you. I know it's hard to see the point when situations like this happen, but the iui is still a streamlined process! Fx for you!!

@mrs. bird: Go, Mr Bird! And fingers crossed for you, too, that your surgery happens and goes well!

@owlteach: I'm sorry you're having such a down time I hope things get better between you two and that the surgery helps!

20. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrs. bird: I hope that's right. I just know a family member had some difficulties with this...I don't remember all the details, though.

@owlteach: I'm so sorry you're feeling down... To echo everyone else, we all get bitter sometimes. Hugs to you! I hope you can find the necessary time, energy, and resources to feel "un-stuck" soon!

@FaithFertility: Hooray for sore boobs and queasiness! I hope we all join you there shortly!!! And please do stay!

21. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

Thank you all Sometimes, we need to hear the "tough love". It hurt to hear him say it, but he was right! I think the confusing thing about my reaction is that I've always been good about finding the good in things and "faking" it until I've felt it. Even when I lost my dad very unexpectedly, it hurt like hell (it still does), but I'm thankful that I had such an amazing relationship with such a wonderful man, and that he didn't suffer. Tonight has been a good night

22. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@owlteach: I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling too great lately, but I'm glad that you had a good night last night. It's great that you can see the positive in your life and it sounds like you really do have a great man by your side!

@Happygal: I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow. It really only takes one so I really, really hope this is your month!

As for me - I'm at a loss again with this whole rollercoaster. Remember how last week I wasn't sure if I even wanted a baby anymore? Well, that's passed now and I do want one and it's like a wound has been reopened and sometimes I feel like I can't breathe because the thought of it never happening for us terrifies me! We could be perfectly happy and have a great life without a child, but is that how I want to grow old?! Do we want our family to end at us?! I know I don't. I see my husband with our dogs, one in particular, and I know how much of a great dad he will be and it hurts me to feel like I will never get to experience that with him.

I've had a crazy busy week at work, which has distracted me somewhat, but it's still there and I'm starting to feel annoyed with my husband because he won't talk about this stuff. I have been able to kind of figure out the timing of when he really shut up about anything IF/TTC related and I don't know if it's a good thing, or a bad thing.

Sorry... just having a rough day with it I think! Plus, my temps are all wonky today and it's worrying me.

23. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@owlteach: Sounds like you're in a good place... Hang in there!

24. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: I'm so sorry to hear that you're hurting right now... I think it's probably good, though, that your IF brain is being honest with you. If you know what you want, it makes it that much easier to advocate for yourself...and do whatever it takes to have your husband address his issues (maybe fears?) so that you can both move forward toward a solution! Good luck! Thinking of you...

25. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@FliegepilzHut: thank you! I really appreciate just being able to come here

I realized that when we thought we were just dealing with his IF issue, he was a lot more relaxed and open to everything. We talked more frequently, we were actually trying and he would talk about a future with a baby. Ever since I had a bad doctors appointment in November he has completely changed and it's like he's totally turned off that side of everything. He won't talk anymore about any of it and has made comments about us being happy without kids. So I'm wondering if this is to protect me?!

26. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: Sounds complicated... He may be trying to protect you...and himself b/c of his previous experience with IF and his ex-wife. Life is short. Fertility is shorter. I hope you guys get to a point where you can explore what each of you really wants...and how to get there. A skilled moderator might help tremendously, if he were willing. Wish you all the best and lots of luck!

27. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: BTW-- I really am glad that this exists!!! It's very grounding for me...and so helpful to get input on things that are worrying me, so that I don't have to keep spinning my wheels...

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee