Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/24

1. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@mrswin: it's the clinic that wants the release, which it don't understand, we obviously asked for this test, why are you holding my results hostage??? I'm going to the office in the morning and demanding they give them to me. We will see how that goes.

@mrs. bird: @Leialou: it's so frustrating.

@Happygal: I honestly think they just want us to go in for a consultation, which I don't want to do unless we have all the facts first. They were like this with our old SA results too, they ended up mailing them to us, which is dumb, just tell me over the phone. Anyway, I'm glad that your estrogen didn't double, I hope tomorrow goes well for you!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

I always get so far behind on this thread! I'm sorry y'all.

I had my blood drawn today because my HIV test expired on 2/13. I need another one before my cycle starts. My ultrasound to start Lupron is scheduled for 5/2 at 8:45. I'll be calling the pharmacy tomorrow to pay for my meds. It's really happening! I've got some estrogen patches and progesterone left over from last cycle. I'm going to use that up first. Maybe I won't have to place a second order during my tww this time around.

3. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: yay for close monitoring and having an RE who tells you every step. I always ask questions too! But sometimes I forget while I'm staring at the ultrasound image.

@MrsTal: Boo, I'm sorry they're being difficult. I actually signed DH up with an online profile and I just check his results that way.

BFP
    Faithfertility!

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish
    Mrs Tal: med free month
    BhBee: med free month
    PurplePumps: med free month

Waiting for AF

TWW
    Swedishfish: 8DPO hopefully will not need FET because of a
    Kelli_Deluxe: hopefully will not need clomid & IUI because of a

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    MrsWin: May 27 IVF protocol appt
    Leialou: on BCP to prepare for IVF in May
    LazyPanda: 150mg clomid, CD13 ultrasound, IUI 4/30
    Jenn23: going for IVF #2 in a few months
    Emilye: May 1 RE appt
    LindsayinNY: Clomid CD3-7, CD11 ultrasound, IUI
    doxielove: HSG May 9
    owlteach: laparoscopy on May 22
    mrs. bird: will be taking 2 months off TTC, followed by HSG
    bluestripedbee: suspended on CD4 with BCP, waiting for sonohistogram to check for polyps, will do IUI after
    Fliegelpizhut: RE/IVF consult on 5/15
    Happygal: on injectible meds for IUI
    Snowdrop: consult appt on 5/13

Life & Updates
    BhBee: moving to Texas!
    PurplePumps: upcoming vacation to Jordan
    Shutterbug: upcoming trip to Mexico
    Leialou: passed the Real Estate exam and ready to make lots of $$
    CupQuakeWalk: vacation to PR and FL
    MrsWin: vacation to Paris

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: thanks, and thank you for keeping up with the list! How is clomid treating you?

5. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

Ladies, I am trying to keep up but I am slammed at work since getting back from being away last week and it doesn't look like it will slow down until my trip. I am reading along the best that I can. to everyone

6. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: you're welcome. Clomid just made me feel bloated and irritable this cycle. I'm nervous and excited for tomorrow's IUI. I told my siblings about my ultrasound and the trigger and my brother's first thought was twins! This reminded me of how my mom several months ago went to see a fortune teller and said I would have multiple boys! I'm a little excited about the prospect of twins as I have twins in my family, but it may not happen since I had heard that twins run on the maternal side and not the paternal side. The idea of having multiples is a bit daunting but at this point, I'm all for it.

What does everyone else on here think about twins or multiple births?

7. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

I feel like I haven't been here in so long! I was busy all weekend then I had an off-site meeting for the past two days so I couldn't come on at work. But I'm back!

We almost had a good conversation on the weekend and then we ran into a friend and ended up having dinner with him. So frustrating!

8. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@lazypanda: I wouldn't object to it at all! The upfront costs and all the costs at the same time would be tough but it's also like killing two birds with one stone!

9. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@lazypanda: good luck today!! i'll have my fingers crossed for you! as far as multiples, they're great, it's such a neat relationship they have with one another. that said, it's a no for me. i've made it VERY clear to my RE that it's not an option for us. i've nannied for newborn twins, BFF had twins as a single parent, i've spent a lot of time juggling multiples, i'm grateful for those experiences, but that's not what we're looking for right now. frankly, most people survive the infancy of multiples, but it's much harder to savior & enjoy every moment of it. also, i plan on having LO with me at work & that's just not possible with more than one and daycare isn't something we are comfortable with and the cost is insane (we have the highest childcare costs in the US in the state where i live, it would be $750/wk for two at the daycare i'm most familiar with, no meals, diapers, wipes, nothing but care included in that price). short version- multiples are great, but not feasible for us.

10. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@lazypanda: twins run in my family a lot and on both sides in every generation and it absolutely terrifies me! We only want one child, but if you want one more than one I think it's a great way to kill two birds with one stone! Good luck with your IUI

11. Mrs. Pickle

@lazypanda: good luck today! I have two embryos left and I'd be thrilled if they both took. It would be tough, but I would have all the help I need.

12. Mrs. Pickle

I'm starting to stress out! I go for my ultrasound to start Lupron on Friday. I don't have my meds yet though! My IVF nurse emailed me last night and asked if I had heard anything from the pharmacy and I haven't. I called them this morning and they don't have my information! The nurse said she faxed it over last Friday. So I just emailed the nurse to tell her. Maybe she told me the wrong pharmacy? I usually used Walgreens and she had me call Freedom. I hope that's the case.

13. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@lazypanda: Good luck today! I hope your IUI goes smoothly! I wish that our RE office had an online system, that would make things far less complicated.

So, I actually got up early and went to our RE's office before work and picked up DH SA results in person. Not exactly how I wanted to start my morning but I had them in my hand and got to see for myself. I'm going to start a new thread because I'm sort of angry and I also need some others to weigh in with some information.

14. Mrs. Pickle

Crisis averted. She had me call the wrong pharmacy. My meds will be delivered tomorrow.

15. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@MrsTal: i'm sorry they weren't what you were expecting online systems have their faults as well, none of mr. bird's tests have been posted on our online portal, mine are though, so we got paper copies while we were there.

@Leialou: woohoo!!!! so excited for you!

16. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@lazypanda: Good luck with your IUI! I've always thought having twins would be neat (my maternal Gma is a twin)...then thought I would be overwhelmed and not want the additional risk that comes with a twin pregnancy...and now I've come around to thinking twins would be alright. After such a long time trying to conceive, I think we'll take whomever we get!

@Leialou: That's a huge relief! to you!

@mrs. bird: Yikes! I've not looked into childcare...but $750/wk sounds exorbitant!

@Snowdrop: Getting exited... Keep us updated, please!

@HappyGal: Thinking of you... Ditto loving the play by play during imaging studies.

I was a little uncomfortable (with what felt like ovarian pain-- fullness, sharp pinching discomfort) at the end of my Clomid cycles... @Jenn23: @Shutterbug: and anyone else (sorry I'm blanking on names) who has done IVF...how much more uncomfortable were you prior to retrieval vs. other medicated cycles (assuming no OHSS)? Is it bad that I'm worried about this already?

17. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Leialou: I hope they are able to get you the meds you need in time. Hopefully she was just confused about what pharmacy she sent the request to.

ETA: Just saw your update, glad it got sorted out!

@lazypanda: Good luck with your IUI

18. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I'm not sure where I stand on twins/multiples. We are getting ready for IVF in June/July and while I would prefer an singleton pregnancy we would be open to transferring two embryos if the RE recommends it. On one hand since it has been almost 2.5 years of trying I would be happy to have two and probably be done but I'm not sure how we would make it work. We cannot afford for either of us to stay home and child care here is super expensive (+$2,000 per month) It will really come down to the quality of the embryos, the RE's recommendation and our feelings at the time

19. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: Enjoy your vacation! Assuming everything is a go, I'm also expecting to be open to transferring 1 or 2, depending on what the RE thinks (although the clinic I'll be visiting on 5/15 has a lower than average rate of ESET)... I think twins would be doable...but cue the panic for higher order multiples!

20. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

My update. I asked if I could move my SHG up sooner, but they want me to be on BCP for long enough to thin my lining before my scheduled SHG on May 5th. So I'm just hanging out on CD4 while on BCP. Just chillin' and enjoyed the sun here in Seattle.

Oh, one thing funny was my BCPs were free! I haven't been on BC in a long time and found it weird and cool to have it paid for. I forgot that BCP are now covered under everyone's healthcare.

21. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@FliegepilzHut: I never had any discomfort during my Clomid & IUI cycles, but during my IVF cycles I definitely felt full and bloated. Not in any pain, just... heavy, I guess? It was after the retrieval that I was in pain, but that was mostly because I had mild OHSS both times (16 eggs the first time, 19 the second time)

22. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: Good luck with the IUI! What time is your appt?

@mrs. bird: I'm with you on the twins thing. I've cared for many babies, and I know how hard just 1 is! My husband, on the other hand, thinks twins would be just great. We have said that we'd like 3 children, so I guess twins would be a more efficient way of reaching that goal!

@Leialou: phew. Glad the crisis was averted.

@MrsTal: I'm sorry. I don't know a lot about SA results, so I can't weigh in with info for you. But you've got a whole lotta love from me. You're getting good info on your thread, and I hope it helps.

@FliegepilzHut: I've been thinking this same thing! It's hard for me to imagine it.

@mrswin: enjoy your well-earned vacation! We'll miss "seeing you" here.

@bluestriped bee: yeah for free BCPs! That's great.

23. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@lazypanda: Good luck today!! Also, DH and I are all for twins. My RE likes to repeatedly mention the likelihood with clomid but we are ready for that possibility; honestly DH said he welcomes it bc he can't imagine having to go through all this again for #2 or #3!

@Leialou: Yay, what a relief!!

@MrsTal: I saw your post but unfortunately have no info on morphology. Hopefully your meeting with your RE gives you a strong plan.

@bluestriped bee: Hooray for any meds that are free at this point! It's the little things!

24. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

This morning's appointment was a big disappointment. The other follicles haven't grown very much, so it's looking like I'll have one mature one for the IUI. That's it. We were aiming for 3-4, I was hoping for at least 2. Lots of drugs and appointments for what feels like nothing. I teared up at the office and felt embarrassed. I'm waiting on blood work, but I may trigger tonight and have my IUI on Friday.

25. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

Thank you ladies! Wow, IUIs are super fast! I'm still laying down & waiting for the RE to tell me when I can get up & leave. RE said 9.6 million sperm are currently swimming in my uterus. Craziness!

Childcare is also expensive where I am, my friends pay $2k/monh for 4 days a week! DH & I sold our previous home so we could live closer to family & have more space in preparation for TTC. Our trade off is having a long commute to work.

With twins, I figure getting it done in one shot would be awesome & it's a cost that would be there if we had more kids anyway, just that it'd be up front as opposed to spaced out.

26. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Shutterbug: That's interesting. I'm glad to hear it wasn't painful! Thanks!

@Happygal: Fear of the unknown, I guess? Apparently I have to have something to worry about... gosh, I just caught your update. I'm so sorry. But one is all it takes... Lots of luck to you!

@bluestriped bee: That is a pretty great perk. No co-pay or anything? My head might explode...

27. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: I'm sorry to hear! FX for your IUI on Friday! & that it just takes that one sperm to get you your double bundles of joy!

28. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

Hi ladies, still on our trip but wanted to let you that I am reading all your updates and am with you in spirit.

29. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: sorry lady. Maybe it's one reeeeeally strong and healthy egg?

30. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: ha! Imagining you typing away while laying on the examining table is funny. Yes, IUIs are super fast. When it was done, my husband was perplexed as to why we paid money for something so quick and easy! Do you go back to work today, or did you take the whole day off?

I know it takes just one. That's what I have to keep telling myself. But I've ovulated every time so far, so just one doesn't seem to be good enough for us. I'm already thinking about next cycle, but I need to still give this one a shot.

The one good thing from today's appointment is that I had almost started laughing when my doctor inserted the wand, pointed to the screen, and said, "That is your uterus," before moving on to my ovaries. I thought about our conversation here yesterday and it made me smile!

31. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@FliegepilzHut: @lazypanda: @Shutterbug: thank you, friends. I feel like I've been so whiny the last few days, and I apologize. The constant rain we've been getting probably hasn't helped my mood.

Just got a message that my IUI is scheduled for this Friday, so @lazypanda, we'll be close in our TWW together! Should the mood strike, we'd be ok for time in the bedroom today, right?

**I can't bring myself to use the term BD, but I taught the phrase to my husband and he loves it!

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Happygal: I'm sorry I worry about the same thing (that I'm not responding to Clomid, etc.) and that the RE will pretend like all is well. I'm insane.

@lazypanda: 9.6?! That's crazy!! So glad to hear it went well! How long do you have to lay there?

33. Mrs. Pickle

@CupQuakeWalk: I hope you are having a good time!

34. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: thanks for the . I'm sorry about your follicles, I know it's frustrating but everyone is right, it just takes one. And I think you could have some together time tonight. my DH also loves the BD term, what's with that?

@lazypanda: haha, the iui does go fast! I was like that's it? My fingers are crossed for you, I hope this is it!

35. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: hahaha, I was imagining the same conversation as the RE was telling me what she was doing. I took the day off because the commute is not worth it for me. It took us an hour to get to the RE this morning because of traffic so DH provided his sample in one of the exam rooms. It only took us 20 minutes to get home! Oh definitely do not apologize, this experience throws us for a loop all the time and I find everyone to be supportive no matter what phase of TTC we're in. As for the BD'ing, RE had us BD the night of our trigger and then we've been instructed to BD tonight at a minimum. My RE draws a in her instructions for us instead of saying "make love/intercourse/sex."

@LindsayInNY: I guess I was only supposed to lay down for 10 minutes but I told DH that I wanted to give it an extra 5 minutes to give his sperm an easier time swimming to my eggs. Also, my first cycle on clomid, I did not have any side effects and thought nothing was happening but I ended up with two mature follicles last month. This month, I only noticed the bloating of my belly and my irritability probably had more to do with all that was going on at work and how weird last cycle's ending was.

So now going back to listing 3 positives:

1. IUI was quick and painless!
    2. I responded well to the clomid and trigger.
    3. all the IF ladies on here!

36. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility!

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish
    Mrs Tal: med free month
    BhBee: med free month
    PurplePumps: med free month

TWW
    Swedishfish: 8DPO hopefully will not need FET because of a
    Kelli_Deluxe: hopefully will not need clomid & IUI because of a
    lazypanda: POAS 5/14

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    MrsWin: May 27 IVF protocol appt; IVF in June/July
    Leialou: starting Lupron on 5/2 for IVF in May
    Jenn23: going for IVF #2 in a few months
    Emilye: May 1 RE appt
    LindsayinNY: Clomid CD3-7, CD11 ultrasound, IUI
    doxielove: HSG May 9
    owlteach: laparoscopy on May 22
    mrs. bird: will be taking 2 months off TTC, followed by HSG
    bluestripedbee: suspended on CD4 with BCP, waiting for sonohistogram to check for polyps, will do IUI after
    Fliegelpizhut: RE/IVF consult on 5/15
    Happygal: injectible meds, IUI 5/2
    Snowdrop: consult appt on 5/13

Life & Updates
    BhBee: moving to Texas!
    PurplePumps: upcoming vacation to Jordan
    Shutterbug: upcoming trip to Mexico
    Leialou: passed the Real Estate exam and ready to make lots of $$
    CupQuakeWalk: vacation to PR and FL
    MrsWin: vacation to Paris

Please feel free to let me know of any updates with ** next to the info. I'll be able to update today but not sure how the rest of my week will be since I've taken 2 days off from work.

37. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@bluestriped bee: we're on the same cycle also CD4, have to pick up my BC this evening, i hope mine's free too! i asked for a nuvaring though, i think i might have a copay for that because it's a more expensive one. oh well! i haven't been on BC in three years, it's kind of funny, i am looking forward to nice skin again

@Happygal: sorry you didn't have more follicles! maybe this one is a great one though!

@lazypanda: glad your IUI went well!

38. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

they just called from the surgical center & are tentatively holding a spot for friday the 16th for the surgery to remove the septum from my uterus. we have until next thursday to get mr. bird a new job & benefits, sign the cobra papers ($1,500+/month, ugh!), or postpone the surgery. i'm terrified of surgery, but i want to get it over with. normally she only operates on mondays but she is doing that friday, it would make life so much easier! i don't work fridays and i could have the weekend to recoup! i know it's really rough for my bosses when i take time off, so i do my very best to avoid it. i'd just have to find someone to take me home, i don't think mr bird will be able to go if he's just started a new job he bird had a phone interview that went really well this morning, they asked him to come in and meet with some other people tomorrow and said they were sending him an email with more info on the company and their benefits, etc. it sounds like it went really well, fingers crossed it works out. otherwise he has another interview tomorrow and one next wk.

39. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrs. bird: Good luck to mr. bird! With the ACA, can insurers make you have your coverage in place for a certain period of time, before allowing surgical procedures? I honestly don't know...but it might be worth checking into. FX that you're able to go ahead with your surgery right away!

40. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@mrs. bird: good luck! You have been way patient with all these challenges.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee