Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 4/24

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Thank you, I Love this thread and not ready to go

2. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

A positive thing that happened this week is that I had a really great week at work.

So I'm currently in a TWW at 5dpo. I haven't had a period since my miscarriage in March. If I'm not pregnant from this try then we will head right into a FET.

But my OBGYN's office is being obnoxious. One of the only things left to do before beginning my FET is sending my RE a copy of my latest Pap smear and breast exam results. These records should've been sent last month. I called and left a message with the medical records line on Tuesday with no call back. I called the nurses line today and didn't hear from anyone. I'm getting annoyed.

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@FaithFertility: excited for you! Definitely stay

4. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@swedishfish: is your OB's office close by? I'd pop in there and ask for it in my hand. I had to do that with my records because they didn't care about my cycle or that time is of the essence in an infertility clinic!

AF is here. No medications next month. Only diagnostic testing and other testing this month and next (I'll miss my u/s because I'll be on vacation so it pushes us to June).
    I guess I'm hanging out until we nail down a plan and get started on something at the end of June.
    My re is gathering from the results I do have, that I'll move into femera+ovidrel+TI but that's only after clearing that I don't have obstructive cysts and if I do, I get surgery. I think I'm ok with it because a spring baby doesn't sound bad:) I guess.

5. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: that seems to be the major flaw with napro unfortunately.

@FaithFertility: this is all so exciting, can't wait to hear about your scan next week!

Thank you everyone foe being so welcoming in true HB style!

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@swedishfish: That can be annoying! I will be thinking of you, hope for a in your near future!

@CupQuakeWalk: A break of meds was always nice for me! Spring baby is perfect! Where are you going on vacation?

7. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@FaithFertility: we're going to PR for a few days and then finishing up in FL.

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@CupQuakeWalk: Nice!!!!!! Where in FL? I'm a Florida girl!

9. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

Best thing that happened to me? If I fudge the week requirement, I would say finally getting a diagnosis feels great! I'm hopeful and now have biological answers on why our past IUIs haven't worked. Hoping our next set of IUIs work!

My update: So I got AF on Tuesday, but my RE said I could start taking birth control to put my cycle into an holding pattern. I started BCP yesterday which would be cycle day 4. So from what I understand, I will be on CD 4 until I stop taking my BCP. The reason is because my Dr wants me to get a SHG (sono histogram) to see if I have a polyp. If I have a polyp, I will need to have a small procedure to remove it. If I don't have a polyp, my dr will give me my Femera pills and we can start the process for IUIs within days. If I didn't take BCPs, I would have to wait til AF comes to start my next IUI. I never realized that I could do this but it's pretty creative.

So up next is to see if I have a polyp or not. I'm preparing myself for both scenarios. There have been others who had polyps and the recovery was rather short. Others were ready to go the following cycle.

Oh, last week I updated you all in my diagnosis and I was wondering why I was taking dexamethasone. The small dose of steroid is to suppress my elevated DHEAS levels, which was one of the signs my RE thinks I have PCOS. I also asked how they are treating my DOR and they said that the combination of metformin and dex will help with that.

I've been on metformin for 5 days so far (I skipped a few days last week, oops) and so far no side effects. I'm taking other people's advice and making sure I eat. Also, not sure if its the meds, the sunny weather or my recent diagnosis but I feel like my energy level is up. I wonder if the metformin is helping.

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm excited for you! Knowledge is power!!!! BCP are kinda crazy on how they can trick your body!

I am glad you are feeling good, and have extra energy

11. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Leialou: That's so exciting about your upcoming cycle!! Good luck at your appointment!

@Mrs. Pinata: I didn't even think about how a medicated iui might work in my favor like that! I'll definitely be asking my doctor about that! Thank you! Also, I asked in my military infertility group about lap, and everyone says it's covered (one girl said she had to pay $23) so that's a huge relief!

@FliegepilzHut: He's a Marine and got selected for deployment. He, of course, is thrilled, but the timing just bums me out. I'm definitely going to look into freezing sperm. Does anyone have any idea how much that costs? Maybe I'll start a thread.....

12. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@FaithFertility: I echo BHbee; don't go! Can't wait til you see that heartbeat!

@swedishfish: It's great you have a plan, but hopefully this TWW will pay off! I would be calling that office every day! It bothers me when doctor's offices are so nonchalant

@CupQuakeWalk: Silver lining, you can enjoy a completely carefree vacation! PR sounds perfect!

@bluestriped bee: *still chanting* no polyp, no polyp, no polyp! You've got a great plan in place, and it's good you're prepared for both scenarios!

13. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Leialou: congrats on your exam and hooray to upcoming transfer!! lots of things for you to be looking forward to

@MrsTal: i hate waiting on results! it's so frustrating because you know they have them! yesterday the lady from the lab was supposed to send over the results from mr. bird's SA to our clinic & she wouldn't let us have a copy or tell us what his numbers were, grrrrrrr! i am so sorry you're stuck waiting until tuesday! do they post them online for you to see before that?

@alohaorchid: i don't think a long luteal phase is anything to worry about, it's when it's too short that it's a problem. mine's usually 15-16 days and no one has said anything about that being worrisome. your periods do sound very short though.

@Happygal: hope your check went well today! i work part time now and this past wk worked a couple full days (11hrs each), it's funny, i used to do that 4 days a wk every wk, but man, i was tired! hahaha. i'll probably end up going back to full time at some point as well, but it's hard to imagine! good luck at your interview!

@doxielove: i'm sorry you're feeling down it's so unfair how depending on your location ins can cover everything or nothing. congrats to your hubs on his promotion! that's wonderful news!

@Mrs. Polish: 85 days late?!? yikes! your dr doesn't induce them? i hate having them induced, provera makes me a crazy person. hooray for a bread maker though!

@Mrs. Pinata: i'm sorry the trials didn't work out, but it sounds like your RE is optimistic about IUI!

@bhbee: congrats on your new house & a lower mortgage! that is awesome!

@Kelli_Deluxe: i'm so sorry about your tube! one of my tubes is totally blocked and they seemed to think since the other was open it would just mean focusing the months that side was Oing. we're supposed to talk more about it monday, but i hope you have similarly positive news about it. i don't blame you for being scared of the lap, i would be too! totally now crazy to freeze sperm for IUI, there have been a few people on HB that have done that for various reasons.

@FaithFertility: congrats on your excellent ultrasound!

@CupQuakeWalk: spring babies are fantastic! sounds like a nice vacation you have planned!

@bluestriped bee: FX no polyps! if you don't mind, how high was your DHEA level? mine was elevated, but they haven't mentioned taking anything for it yet. glad you're feeling better!

14. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@FaithFertility: @Kelli_Deluxe: Thank you!!

@mrs. bird: I don't know the number but I know it was elevated compared to normal women my age.

15. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

best things this wk... hmmm... mr. bird has 3 interviews next wk, so hopefully one of them will work out & we can get back on track

mr. bird had to do another SA thursday and monday we meet with our RE to go over things. i kind of want to see what our next ins plan will look like because i'm not liking this RE office at all. the nurse called me and said she didn't see a point in our appt monday if we weren't going to have mr. bird's CF carrier test done by then, i tried to explain that we were holding off on treatments until mr. bird was settled at a new job with new ins but that we would certainly have him tested before going forward with any treatment. she replied that if we weren't going to give the dr the information she needed (meaning the CF test) that she wouldn't be able to make our treatment plan anyway so there wasn't really a point in coming in. i explained that this was an unexpected change in jobs/ins & had i foreseen this we wouldn't have started seeing them when we did, but given the amount of testing i've gone through, i feel like it's reasonable to want a chance to go over it all with the dr to hear what's going on and what we're looking at for the future & i am not willing to pay OOP for expensive genetic testing to rule out something that is a VERY slight risk when we aren't ready to go forward with treatments. the ins will pay for it once we're ready to go forward. i don't see why that would be unreasonable, we're still paying for the appt, it's not really her place to decide if we're worthy of their time.

they're weird though and i find their practice to be a bit shady with their billing & don't think that they make the best choices regarding cost vs. benefit. they seem very profit driven & the staff that i met with at the local office has all been very rude, the main office that's an hour away seemed to have nicer staff, but i've only been to that office once. there is another RE in our city that is world renowned, so no far travel & supposed to be amazing, but she wasn't part of our last ins plan. maybe when mr. bird starts his new job & we get new ins she will be included & we can switch. a girl can dream

16. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@alohaorchid: just noticed about your long luteal phase, I don't know how long it has to be t be a symptom of this but I'm sure in some of the reading .I had to do for my clinic there was a bit about long LPs being a symptom of unruptured follicle syndrome...I'm not sure of the specifics because it doesn't apply to me but let me know if you'd like me to find it again.

17. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@mrs. bird: Ugh that sounds incredibly frustrating! I don't think it's their place either to dictate what you can and cannot meet with your doctor about. Why do they care? I hope you get some answers Monday and I'll keep Mr Bird's interviews in my thoughts!

18. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

So many updates to catch up with!

@Leialou: Congratulations on getting your Real Estate License!

@lindsayinny: I'm sorry about the creepy situation you're in. Hopefully, the person gets a clue and does not continue to lurk.

@MrsTal: Hopefully the news will be good on Tuesday!

@alohaorchid: I think I've heard that short LPs are causes for concern and some women might take progesterone to lengthen that time.

@Happygal: I hope there were some good follicles at your appt today!

@doxielove: Congrats for your DH's promotion. Hopefully you'll be able to have insurance that covers all IF related work!

@Mrs. Polish: My OB prescribed me provera before I started seeing an RE because one of my cycles was 70 days last year. RE has prescribed it to me twice already since I started working with him. Once my 7DPO progesterone tests came back low and my period hadn't started yet, he immediately had me start so that I wouldn't have to wait a long time for the next chance. Maybe you can ask your regular doctor to prescribe it so it won't be considered an IF drug?

@Mrs. Pinata: FX for trying IUI. I'm sorry about the clinical trials falling through.

@bhbee: Good luck with the move next month!

@Kelli_Deluxe: My friends are in the military and its so hard to see how they weren't able to settle down until they left the military. Kudos to you and your DH. Since your DH is in the military, the two of you should have the best medical insurance right? I work for local government and have full IF coverage. FX that yours is covered and they'll be able to freeze his sperm before he gets deployed!

@FaithFertility: yay for your sticky baby! I love hearing your updates and your positivity to this board is very much appreciated!

@CupQuakeWalk: I hope your vacation does the trick like it did for @FaithFertility!

@bluestriped bee: yay for your RE's creative way of keeping you on CD4 so you don't have to wait for another cycle!

@mrs. bird: ugh, that lady sounds horrible! She should not be the one to decide whether or not you are worthy of your time. I hope your DH's new job will have insurance that covers the better clinic!

I know that there are several others on here that I have yet to respond to, but I just can't seem to type everyone's username off the top of my head. I'm sending positive thoughts to all of you!

@Snowdrop: Welcome!

@swedishfish: FX for your TWW and that this gets you your sticky baby!

As for my update, I'm just waiting for Monday's ultra sound so I know when I can go in for our first IUI. I'm a little nervous as work is getting busier now but work will just have to deal without me there.

19. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs. bird: She just seems like an over bearing nurse, sorry you are dealing with that, she should be accommodating!!
    Hope that your dreams come true

@lazypanda: Thank you, I love having a place where I feel "normal" so many times during all of this I have felt alone, but this thread is so kind!
    I hope your apt Monday goes well!!!!

20. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@FaithFertility: Cape Coral? We're flying into fort Meyers. Wall me if you're close
    Thanks guys for the love! Wishing all of you a great week. Bedtime early for flight:/

Eta: oh! And I spotted yesterday and just got mad and went to bed thinking if wake up to a full tampon. Not a drop. I guess AF has NOT started? I do still feel very AF-like as I am crampingpainfully and I never spotted in my other 2 pregnancies (LO & mc).

21. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@lazypanda: Unfortunately, Tri Care (or United in our part of the country) covers nothing IF related except for things to diagnose. So my lap would be covered, most of my ultrasounds have been covered, HSG, and bloodwork. We pay $240/iui, which isn't too bad. They also have good co-pay prices on clomid and injectables. It could def be worse! I'm going to look into freezing sperm on Monday; I have about 50 phone calls to make!

Good luck on Monday!! Work can def survive while you make that baby!

22. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Feeling not so good about Sat. CD 7 scan. One follicle at 10, the others still growing. But my estradiol is too high, so we lowered my dose. I go back in on Monday. I'm worried that I'll ovulate before IUI and there will be zilcho mature follicles. And in an airhead moment, I forgot to put my meds back in the fridge last night.

Worry, worry, worry.

Sorry for Sunday wet blanket woes. Lots for me to catch up on here--I'm sure there are updates here that will cheer me up!

23. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: when is your IUI? Did you have an early ultrasound because they're worried about hyper stimulation? Also, my RE likes to see 14 or 15 mm minimum for follicles at cd13. I'm not sure the rate of growth is but I'm keeping my FX for you! Maybe you can start BDing ED or EOD so you still have your chance in case you ovulate earlier. Your DH shouldn't mind too much right?

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Happygal: I think you will be ok, 10mm you still have at least 4mm to go! I agree with @lazypanda try to BD to help your worry! I'll be praying for you!

25. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@CupQuakeWalk: Fun! Your on the west coast, I'm on the East ;)) Beautiful spots, enjoy!

26. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

Just left my cd13 ultrasound. This cycle I'm ovulating on my right side. RE saw 2 mature follicles, 19 & 20.8 respectively. We're triggering tonight & IUI is scheduled for Wednesday. Worst week to be taking time off, but I don't know when there ever would be a good time to be off.

@Happygal: I hope your scan went well.

27. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: what are your meds? The nurse at my RE said that I could take the Gonal-F pen out of the fridge and then leave it out until I was done using it (up to 28 days).

28. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@lazypanda: that's great! Good work. Is it a busy week for you? I saw your comment about not refrigerating your trigger shot--what kind do you have? Now I'm paranoid and going to throw Pregnyl in the fridge.....

Scan was ok this morning. It's hard for me to feel optimistic. It's looking like two follicles may make it. I was really hoping for 3. Lining at 7, and I would also like that to be higher. The nurse said she guesses I'll have 3-4 more nights of injections, making this my longest injectable cycle yet.

29. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Shutterbug: Hiiiiiiiiiiiii! I've missed you, and hope your HB break was good for the soul. I'm taking Follistim, low dose hCG, and trigger with Pregnyl. That's good to hear about your drugs.

I had 1 beer that went straight to my head on Sat. night. I forgot to take my drugs until two hours past my normal time, jumped up and took them right away, then left them out! Apparently I am the biggest light weight now that I rarely drink.

30. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Happygal: I'm getting Ovidrel and while I was told to refrigerate it, I read that it can be at (normal) room temperature for up to 30 days. So you might be fine!

@lazypanda: Good luck!! I go in on CD11 this week for my ultrasound... I didn't think that I could possibly be triggering this week... Yikes!!

31. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Happygal: haha whoops! I hope one night doesn't make much of a difference (plus not sure where you live, but it's not super warm out or anything yet). I missed you too! I'm about to have another HB break because I'll be on vacation next week, but I'm still poking my head in here more often than not - I can't help it!

32. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: developing curriculum is interesting! I especially like it when I get to go to schools and see the materials in action, which doesn't happen as often as I would like. I found a blog the other day that lists a bunch of ed. jobs where you can work remotely--if you're interested, I can send you the link!

@mrsWin: the count down is on for your trip! Are you still traveling for work? How are things moving along for IVF?

@Kelli_Deluxe: any updates with you? How are you processing your HSG results? And no, I don't think it's crazy to freeze sperm! I believe @bluestriped bee: has done just that! No idea about cost though.

@MrsTal: I saw you posted something about the cost of IUI, but haven't gotten to read it yet--what have you decided to do? Have results still not come in?

@SnowDrop: are you on meds to regulate your hormones? How are you liking NaPro?

@Mrs Bunchy: I like your relaxed approach! Is it helping you to feel sane this cycle? Keep the laid back vibes coming!

@alohaorchid: did you ask your husband about the embryos? I would have to know, too! How are things going?

@laialou: whoo hoo! Big step forward! How are you feeling with everything? I know you're feeling worn out these days. How can we support you here?

@faithfertility: yeah! If the RE is happy, then you should be happy. I love your wonderful update.

@swedishfish: I would be annoyed as well. Things like simple paper work shouldn't be complicated! Did they get it straightened out for you?

@cupquakewalk: enjoy the med free month and hanging out. it's a good thing! I'm sorry for not remembering--have you had cysts before?

@bluestriped bee: When will you have your SHG? Have you had polyps before?

@mrs. Bird: when is your meeting today? Please let us know how things went! That does sound odd to me, so perhaps a break and moving on to someone else would be a very good thing.

@lazypanda: you're awesome. I appreciate that you always work through and respond to everyone. I'm way behind, but you inspire me and are one of the reasons this thread is so great! Good luck with your trigger tonight--old hat, right?

@lindsayinny: I've triggered as early as CD 8, I think! It's moved up each time, so I'm antsy at CD 9 knowing I may have 3-4 more days of injectables to take. I was so nervous about the IUI, but it didn't hurt at all. Easy peasy. (Now I've probably jinxed myself.)

33. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

And I'll throw this out there again--anyone want to take the reigns to update our lists for a few weeks? I'm behind these days.

34. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Happygal: i'm sorry your scan didn't go as you'd hoped hoping today went better for you!!

@lazypanda: woohooo!!!!!! taking time off always stinks, it never seems like a good time, but you'll be a better employee when you're not distracted by all the IF stuff, the sooner you graduated to being KU, you'll focus on work better (or you can just tell yourself that to help you feel better about taking time off this wk, whatever works ). wishing you lots of luck this wk!

we just had our appt. i'm not really comfortable sharing mr. bird's info without talking about it with him first, but he needs to back & see his urologist again. she put me on BC until i have surgery my uterus is small and the septum is pretty wide along the top which makes for an 85% chance of MC if they don't get rid of it, that explains my 3 prior losses. the septum isn't vascular so if anything implants there, it can't survive. she was optimistic that with surgery she could get me to 'nearly normal' MC rates. she said i need to take two months off from TTC after the surgery & stay on BC for them, repeat the HSG, then suggested we can jump right to IVF, but i'm not comfortable with that jump, she said we can try IUI first if we want & i think that's what mr. bird & i will elect to do.

mr. bird is at an interview right now & has three more over the course of the wk, i'm really hoping one of them works out & he gets a job & ins within the next few wks. i want to get the surgery over with so we can do our two months of waiting after. i'm so frustrated with the ins! i need the surgery done at the beginning of the cycle, i'm at the beginning and technically could do it a wk from today, our ins is still active, but i don't know when they're going to terminate it and if they're going to do it retroactively. if i had the surgery, i could get left with the bill for it, but i don't know & they won't tell us so i don't feel comfortable going forward with it. my mom offered to cover cobra for us, but they still haven't sent us the paperwork for it and i don't think i can take that kind of money from her for something that isn't urgent. i think we'll just have to wait until mr. bird gets settled in a new job, which leaves us waiting even longer feels like a cruel game of hurry up and wait!

35. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@mrs. bird: I'm sorry about the waiting game. I will be crossing my fingers and toes that Mr.Bird gets a job and insurance soon so you can get this show on the road.

@Happygal: Still no results but I think we are pretty confident that we want to move on to IVF but I'm worried that our doctor is going to insist we do two more IUI's because it's "protocol". I think we are going to have to go in and sit down with him and discuss this.

36. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@mrs. bird: Sorry about the surgery and the waiting game. Perhaps I missed it, and if I did I'm sorry, but what is happening with your insurance? I work in employee benefits and it just seems weird they're not giving you a termination date or Cobra information. You only have a limited window to enroll in Cobra. And what reason would they have to terminate coverage retroactively?

37. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@MrsTal: thanks!!

@TheReelDeal: it's such a headache! so basically, mr. bird was terminated (not laid off, he was fired, but not for anything terrible) on the 10th. the only thing he could get out of them re our ins was that they stop paying into it on the last day of employment, it also happened to be a payday. we've tried calling the ins to ask when it's paid through and they can't tell us, only that it's current as of now. we can buy ins through the state once we are no longer covered by his work ins (won't include IF though), but we can't cancel our ins from the company, only they can cancel the policy, BCBS said that the company can do it retro actively and that we would be stuck paying for any claims made after whatever date they list as the policy termination date without any warning to us. our ins is preventing us from being able to buy ins, but they can't be sure we won't end up paying OOP for whatever we use it for. we got a letter in the mail after his termination stating the cause and that cobra forms would come in another letter after, but we haven't gotten anything else. they're terrible to work with! i hate his old company

38. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Happygal: Oh wow, CD8 seems so early! I usually O around CD20 so I have *no* clue what Clomid and this whole procedure will do to me... Guess we'll just wait and see!

39. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@mrs. bird: Oh ok. That is annoying! BCBS basically has no clue what they are talking about. I don't know your DH's plan but typically coverage would run through the end of the month following termination, so most likely through April. Technically, the company could not terminate you guys retroactively because he did pay the premium. If your coverage is through the end of the month you should be getting Cobra information very soon. If you don't I would call DH's old company's HR department and make them give you the information.

40. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Happygal: @mrs. bird: Its been a busy few weeks with so many changes going on and audits coming up. I had some ideas about how to better serve our clients and my ideas are being acted upon much faster than I thought especially as our collaborating department didn't do too well on their audit. My ideas actually help resolve their issues so now they've been putting in referrals to me to coordinate and provide the services.

@Happygal: It was the HCG trigger, Pregnyl. Last cycle, we triggered at the RE's office and had one shot left. I had it immediately refrigerated and only took it out this morning in case I would have to trigger at the RE's office again. Unfortunately, with traffic, it took us over an hour to get to the RE's office and then waited a bit because we were late for our appt. The label on the meds say to store the powder at room temp and mixed meds in the refrigerator.

@LindsayInNY: I'm excited for you! I hope our first IUIs is what brings about our sticky babies! I believe you and I both started our TTC journey at the same time. How did clomid work for you?

@Shutterbug: Have a wonderful vacation! FX that it's what brings you luck!

@mrs. bird: I hope your DH gets more than one choice on the jobs he's interviewed for! Sorry about the delay. Looking on the bright side of things, waiting 2 months means you'll be able to look forward to a spring baby! You'll also already have your own personal bun in the oven to get through the winter cold.

I can try to help out with updates, or at least get the running thread going so others can just add to it if needed?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee