Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 5/22

1. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@mrswin: I totally understand the excited and terrified feeling.

2. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@mrswin: I think a mixture of excited and terrified is totally normal when starting IVF! Wishing you so much luck!

And no, not monitored by u/s. I will be requesting that for sure though if we try another IUI.

3. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

Ladies, this happened this morning. I'm only 10/11 dpo, I'm going in for bloodwork in an hour. I'm terrified but so excited. Prayers and good thoughts please.

4. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Woooooah! So exciting! I'm at work, but will be checking for updates all day!!!

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@MrsTal: yay! FX for good numbers.

6. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@MrsTal: woohoo! I can see the lines! FX for great numbers!

7. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@lazypanda: FX that you get your soon, so that you don't have to deal with Clomid any longer. Wishing you lots of luck and for IUI #2!!!

@PurplePumps: @Mrs. Pinata: That all sounds very confusing/aggravating... I have absolutely no good advice, but wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you!

@mrswin: I had a small meltdown yesterday because I still don't know when I'll be able to start (my doctor hasn't written my treatment plan yet...or it got shuffled somehow), this is just so new and different, and I'm a bit of a Type A personality...
    Still excited though...I just wish I had everything tacked down already! Hopefully slightly terrified will give way to just a bit nervous for you soon!

@MrsTal: I'm squinting...and thinking very positive thought for you!!!

8. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@Leialou: Today is your big day! Sending you good luck and positive thoughts and saying some prayers!

9. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsTal: woohoo!!!! Fx for today and doubling your next time

10. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Leialou: good luck with your transfer today!!

11. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Leialou: Good luck today!

@MrsTal: FX for you! Will check back for an update later

@FliegepilzHut: Oh I know that feeling, I am a super planner, Type-A and used to being able to schedule everything to the hour. I had a long talk with the therapist yesterday about how I need to give that up with IVF because things will change day by day during the cycle. Do you have another appointment coming up where you can discuss the steps with your RE?

@Mrs. Pinata: I think the monitoring is crucial so that you really understand what is happening.

12. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@MrsTal: Congratulations!!!! That is exactly what my 10 DPO tests looked like with DD. My beta was only a 7 - my doctor told me to expect a m/c - but those numbers just kept growing and I have a very healthy little girl to show for it!!! Your lines may be faint, but they're *there*!!!

13. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

@Leialou: Good luck today!

14. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsTal: wow! Fx for you!!!

I'm just laying here killing the 10 minutes after my iui and waiting on blood test results later to see how LH and progesterone looks today. Hopefully both are higher and she was right that I am O'ing and maybe that follie grew on the fast side after a slow start. Otherwise more monitoring and waiting....

15. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: Just hearing you say that makes me feel better...and makes me think that perhaps I should be seeing a therapist/counselor again... I have an appt next week for my mock transfer, SHG, and orientation, but will be meeting with one of my RE's partners at that time, because she'll be out of town (and the clinic has all dr.s performing ER/ET in rotation anyway, but it also was the only time that would work for me this month). Part of me just really wants to get started ASAP...and part of me is feeling panicked because I don't have a schedule yet to accommodate monitoring, retrieval, etc, around my work schedule. I have a question out to the clinic right now about my active BCPs running out the day of my SHG...and whether they want me to fill a new pack or have other plans... Sigh. I'm just going to keep reading your post...trying to have faith in my program and take it day by day...

16. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@Happygal: @Leialou: @lazypanda: @FliegepilzHut: @bhbee: @mrswin: @septca: @PurplePumps: Thank you ladies!!! I'm cautiously excited, but I've never seen a positive on an FRER before, so I am hopeful. The receptionist said I should be getting a call between 2-3. DH doesn't know, so I went to Target a bought two onsies and a card for him to give him tonight. I know that it's early but I'm going to treat myself as PUPO.

17. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Leialou: good luck today!!!

18. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsTal: That sounds like a great plan! FX for good betas and a sticky embryo!

19. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@MrsTal: so excited for you! I hope this is it!! I see lines on 3 of the 4 tests. Fx for you girl:)

20. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@FliegepilzHut: The doctors at our clinic all rotate too so I won't necessarily see my doc at ER or ET. How flexible is your work schedule generally? I was told that I wouldn't know for sure what day we would have ER until 36-48 hours before hand (typically CD10 or 11) because they have no idea until the first monitoring appointment how you will respond to the meds. My clinic shoots for a day 5 transfer for all patients but obviously that is not for sure either because it depends on how the embryos look day to day.

21. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: I have weeks I am at work...and weeks I'm not, if that makes any sense. I absolutely need to land ER/ET during a "not at work" week!

22. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@MrsTal: omg I'm so excited for you, I have everything crossed!!!

23. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@MrsTal: ahhh congratulations!!

@Leialou: good luck today

24. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@MrsTal: wonderful!!!!! hoping for great numbers for you!

@Leialou: thinking of you today!!

25. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

I haven't posted yet in this post because I've been ridiculously busy this past week and I'm not sure where we are with IF right now.

I was able to finally talk to my husband about things and we are both on the same page, which is great, but we're not sure what that page is. I got af and decided to not temp or use opk's this month, I just want to feel relaxed and not think about TTC constantly. I'm not even a week in and I feel so relaxed and just overall better. Every single time I've been through all of this with my doctor he keeps saying that we have mild IF (on both sides) and the amount of stress I put on myself *in every aspect of my life* could be what's tipping us over the edge of IF.

The relaxed attitude about TTC has shifted my focus and now I'm focused more on this great life we currently have. I have started a health and fitness regime and I'm actually looking at a future without a child in it and I feel ok. I feel calm about it.

I still have an appointment next month and I intend on keeping it so I can find out once and for all what's going on with me, but I don't know if I'm more interested for general health or TTC.

I'm under a lot of stress at work right now and I can't help but wonder how great I could feel, mentally, emotionally and physically, if I was able to get that under control.

Sorry that was long, I just wanted to give a quick update.

26. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: So glad you're in a good place!

27. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Oh ok, well I would think that they could try to accommodate that by keeping you on BCP longer or shorter to aim for the "right" week... Make sure you are 100% honest about your schedule/restrictions etc so that they can help you to figure out a plan. Is there anyway you could schedule "vacation" or take a sick leave during part of your cycle where the ER and ET are likely to fall?

28. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: I would avoid "sick leave" in all but the most dire circumstances. And this should totally be doable (they say)...I just feel so much more relaxed when I don't feel like things are "dangling." I need to take a deep breath and I'm sure this will all be sorted out soon.

29. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Leialou: sending positive & sticky thoughts your way!

@FliegepilzHut: I hope you get your treatment plan soon.

@Mrs. Pinata: I hope it's a fluke & that you did have a chance to ovulate!

@PurplePumps: this sounds like me last time! I gave it an extra 5 minutes of laying down & was silently pep talking DH's sperm to swim fast to get to my Fallopian tubes.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I think it's supposed to be good fortune to have a pair of Koi fish. When Koi fish find their mate, they stick with them forever. Maybe your DH can get a Koi tattoo to symbolize that he is your soul mate?

@mrswin: IVF consult sounds really intimidating! Aside from individual therapy, are you doing any other treatments like acupuncture?

30. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@lazypanda: Great idea

31. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@lazypanda: lol, that's cute. maybe I should have been doing that since they were already behind schedule!

32. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Thank you! The only bad thing is that I'm secretly hoping that maybe if we destress and don't think about TTC then maybe it will happen. We could be one of "those stories". It doesn't help that the one time I did get pg was when it was the furthest thing from my mind.

33. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

Alright...I think I've adequately pried myself off the ceiling. I received a call back from the clinic with instructions to fill a new pack and continue taking the BCPs next week (4th week of medicated pills). This means that A) they have been reminded that I exist (only half-joking, since I've only had one visit so far) and will probably write out my treatment plan soon, and B) MAYBE...just maybe...I will be able to start Lupron injections shortly after my appointment next week. FX. But now I think I can relax and assume that things will continue to unfold as they should....

34. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Such exciting news! Fx for more news soon

35. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: Wishing you the absolute best luck!!! Those things do happen! Sadly, I don't seem to be capable of ignoring TTC (too in-tune with my body, too up-tight, too something)... That, and for me, if it were going to happen for me, I would think it would've already in the last 2 years... Mysterious, though, isn't it? to you and !!!

36. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@FliegepilzHut: See, that's what I keep reminding myself of! The mc was almost 3 years ago so if there was any chance of getting pg again I'm sure it would have happened by now. I think deep down just hoping that it might happen takes away from the whole "it may never happen for us" feeling. I don't know if that even makes sense.

I'm also pretty uptight about stuff so I'm not sure how long this relaxed approach will last.

37. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@alohaorchid: Do enjoy it while you can! I didn't mean to undermine your relaxation...

38. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@mrswin: Glad you got your IVF dates! Sounds like we'll be going through it around the same time. I'll be starting the BCP in 3 1/2 weeks or so.

@FliegepilzHut: I hope you are able to start Lupron soon!! How exciting! Sorry IVF has had you so stressed. I totally know how crazy and overwhelming it can be at times. I'm excited for you!!

@Leialou: Can't wait to hear how the transfer went today!!! Hope you are resting.

@Mrs.Tal: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! My tests looked about the same at 10 days...can't wait to hear your beta results!

39. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@lazypanda: @Jenn23: Thanks for the good thoughts!

40. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@MrsTal: Congratulations!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee