Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 5/22

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@FliegepilzHut: I'm glad they called you back and you have some direction until your appointment next week.

@Jenn23: I'm glad that I will have a "veteran" going through this at the same time!

@alohaorchid: I am glad that you are in a good place at the moment, hopefully the change of mind set will be exactly what you need

2. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

First beta was 26!!!! I will be going in Friday for a repeat test to see if it is doubling. Thank you all so much! I'm on cloud nine right now.

3. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: Thanks! I guess I was just coming off the work roller coaster and went into control mode. My clinic has been extremely professional and so far they have fielded my questions like champs. I think I'm ready to chill out now... I will keep you updated! (Please do likewise. )

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@MrsTal: congrats!!!

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsTal: Hooray!!! That's the best news!!! FX for doubling!

6. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@MrsTal: yes! Great news. Enjoying telling your husband tonight.

7. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Leialou: thinking about you and praying for all good things.

8. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@MrsTal: This is the best news! I'm so happy for you!

9. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@MrsTal: Yay!! That's a great number!!

@mrswin: Do you know exactly when you are starting yet? I did the antagonist protocol and had success with it in 2012! This time I'm doing a different one since I decided to do the IVF study, but if it weren't for the study, I'd be doing that same protocol again since it worked well for me before.

10. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

@MrsTal: Ahh, congrats!!!!! Sorry, I missed checking in on this thread...I skimmed but I can't find the answer....did you do an IUI this cycle or was it au naturale?

11. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@MrsTal: YAY!! I'm so excited for you!!

I just heard back from the doctor. My LH is back down to 9 today, and progesterone is up to 4, so she said that confirms ovulation. I'm still super confused about how the 8mm follie on Friday matured so fast, but I guess I'll just go with it.

12. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@MrsTal: Eeek!! Excited for you!

13. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@PurplePumps: Great news! And proof that you have quite a good RE on your hands! I hope your IUI works for you!

14. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsTal: sounds like a perfect number! fx for Friday doubling!!

15. alohaorchid

persimmon / 1404 posts

@MrsTal: You were med free this cycle right?

16. BSB

@Happygal: Oh, so I was on the IVF pathway but decided it would be a good time to switch clinics because I wasn't exactly too happy with my clinic. My new clinic ran some tests and I was finally diagnosed with Insulin-resistant PCOS and DOR. With that I was put on new meds and the new RE was hopeful that I could go back to IUIs if I wanted to. Or I could jump into IVF. After some thinking, we decided to try IUIs because we want to know in the future if IUIs could get me pregnant if we tried for LO #2. If we went with IVF and skipped IUIs, we would never know. Plus, if it works and I get pregnant, IUIs are cheaper.

I'm in the peace of mind IUI plan but if my RE thinks that IUIs aren't working or aren't going to work, I can be switched over to the IVF plan and money transferred to IVF.

So that's why we are scheduled to do 3 IUIs. I paid for 3 IUIs (buy 2 get one free). If I get pregnant the first IUI, I get half my money back.

Anyway, so I'm on my way to my 4th (hopefully completed) IUI which is also my 23rd TTC cycle. 23 is my favorite number and if I get pregnant in June, it will set me up for an April 2015 due date! I don't like planning ahead that far but my Cheri22 reading said April was a significant date for me. April has been a good month for me because that's when I finally got a diagnosis.

17. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Thanks for the kind words today. I just woke up from a nice long nap. The transfer went great. It was very quick and painless. I didn't feel the catheter at all this time. Both embryos survived being thawed. To my untrained eye they look better than the last set.

18. BSB

@Leialou: Glad your transfer went well. From my non-IVF eyes, they look great to me.

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Ok ladies I have a question. My husband got a semen analysis done yesterday and we got the results today. He got it done at a lab that my doctor referred him to and they sent the results back to my doctor. When I spoke to the nurse she said that she doesn't really know much about semen analyses and neither does my doctor. She said that everything looked good except the progressive motility. Here are the numbers:

229.7 million sperm
    191 million motile
    36.1 million progressively motile (16%)

She said that they look for at least 32% progressively motile as the baseline. Her only suggestion was for us to talk to a urologist. I tried looking online and am not quite sure if the number is a huge concern or not. Anyone have any insight? Thanks!

20. MamaMoose

GOLD / squash / 13464 posts

@Leialou: I know absolutely nothing about embryos but they look very cute

21. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Leialou: What pretty little embryos you have there. FX they are making themselves nice and comfortable Are you planning to test before your beta?

@Jenn23: Well if AF is on time then I should be starting BCP on June 22nd for 3 weeks, then a baseline ultrasound after AF and then I should be able to start stims. When are you starting?

@MrsTal: Congrats! That seems like a great number for 10 dpo! FX for Friday

@FliegepilzHut: I will keep you posted for sure! Good luck with everything next week

22. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@Boopers: Have you read my post about semen analysis? That might help you understand the results better. http://www.hellobee.com/2013/11/18/demystifying-semen-analysis-results/

I assume you haven't seen an RE yet? It's interesting that he has so many motile ones, but they're not progressively motile. And your Dr. is right. In order to be in the "normal" ranges you do have to have at least 32% progressively motile. However, your DH also has a high total count (right at the 50th percentile), so that's definitely good!

They're missing the morphology and volume, but maybe they left those out since they were in the normal ranges. You could definitely start at a urologist. We have seen a couple in our time. But, the RE will give you information on your options with the numbers you DO have. The urologist can help you get to the "root" of the problem. Although none of the urologists we saw (after hundreds of dollars) actually ever told us anything helpful. BUT, that won't be the case anywhere. Either a urologist or RE would definitely be good resources for you guys at this point! I don't think those numbers are alarmingly low my any means, so don't stress. It just may not be as easy as you'd like it to be to get pregnant.

23. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Boopers: The count is awesome but it seems like not many of them swim forward quickly and it seems like they didn't check the morphology at all. Did they give you a copy of the report, is there any other information on it?

24. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@mrswin: I don't think I will. I didn't last time.

25. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: @mrswin: Thank you both for such quick responses!!! I got this information over the phone. She at first said "everything looks good except the progressive motility". I had to keep asking her questions to get the numbers she gave me. I'm assuming that the morphology was within normal ranges since she didn't bother to say anything about it.

I am doing this through my obgyn who I just started seeing. I'm waiting to get my CD3 and CD22 bloodwork done and then take it from there.

26. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: Another question- from your research is there anything that helps improve progressive motility?

27. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: Yahoooooo!!!!!! This made.my day!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

28. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Boopers: Definitely ask your OB to make sure they checked morphology because it is an important component and I know another bees Dr didn't order a "complete" SA and missed it. You might as well have all the information from the get go.

I know you asked @Mrs. Pinata: but we had success improving motility through a combination of lifestyle and diet changes as well as a vitamin regimen with a naturopath

@Leialou: You have a lot of will power lady

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Leialou: Amazing picture! Prayers!!!!!!

30. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@PurplePumps: Praying your IUI is the one

31. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: due date 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal: BFP
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish
    Septca
    Kelli_Deluxe
    LindsayInNY: TTC "unmedicated" cycle

TWW
    GreenThumb
    Mrs. PiƱata: clomid, IUI 5/16, POAS?
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    MrsTal BFP! (med free cycle!) Beta#1: 26
    PurplePumps: Femara, IUI, POAS?
    Leialou: on Lupron & Vivelle patches for IVF, FET on 5/28

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    alohaorchid: new RE appt in June
    MrsWin: 5/27 IVF protocol appt; IVF in June/July
    Jenn23: IVF in late July
    doxielove: HSG 5/9--> all clear!
    owlteach: successful lap on 5/22
    bluestripedbee: on BCP while waiting for leukocyte test; gearing up for IUI cycle
    FliegepilzHut: orientation 6/5, blood testing (HIV, etc.), an SHG, and mock transfer
    Mrs. Bunchy: RE appt 5/20
    Boopers: will be taking pregnitude and getting cd3 and cd22 bloodwork
    CupQuakeWalk: last of testing on 5/23, meeting with RE 10 days later; will have surgery for uterus
    Bhbee: 8 week OB appt in new state in 2 weeks
    Sunshine1810: Mock transfer 5/12, Injections class 5/14, start injections on 5/16 (Lupron) FET week of 6/9
    MrsMcd: 5/13 WTF consult: CD3 & CD21 bloodwork, may try 3 rounds of clomid with TI
    GreenThumb: will start BCP for FET in July
    Shutterbug: new RE appt 5/23
    HappyGal: u/s appt scheduled for 6/4
    lazypanda: clomid, monitoring u/s 5/31, IUI#2 (6/2?)

Life & Updates
    BhBee: new house, new car, and new life in Texas
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job?
    doxielove: paid off high interest student loan; obtained CMA!
    Warbler: looking for new job
    LindsayinNY: new job!
    MrsTal: applying for Infertility treatment grant
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy!
    Boopers: interview for new job in 2 weeks!
    Kelli_Deluxe: approved to transfer housing!
    FaithFertility: graduated from RE clinic!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students

Alright ladies, its getting difficult to go back to the previous screens. Feel free to add and change to the list above with your updates.

32. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: Good luck! Was your IUI today?

@Leialou: They're lovely! Sending good thoughts your way!

33. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

@MrsTal: WAHHHOOOOO! Must've been the socks

@Leialou: I'm so glad to hear that things went well!

34. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Leialou: I have all fingers and toes crossed for you, friend!!! I hope this is it!!! Best of luck

35. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@MrsTal: heck yeah!!! Congratulations!!

36. BSB

@FliegepilzHut: Oh, no. I just reread my previous post. I see how it sounds like I just had my IUI, but it's not clear. I just got off BCP on Saturday so today is Day 5/6 of my IUI cycle! Still early for me. Glad to be off BCP! I should be having my IUI around June 6th.

@lazypanda: You can update me. I'm on a IUI #4 cycle with Femera. Oh, never mind. I'll update it tomorrow.

ETA- if anyone updates the list before I do, it would be great if you can edit my part.

37. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

Thank you all! We are so excited! I want to reply individually but it's hard on my iPad so sorry about that!

@doxielove: No treatment this cycle, which is crazy!

@alohaorchid: yep, med free this cycle!

@owlteach: It was totally the socks.

@Leialou: those embryos look awesome! FX for you!

38. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@Leialou: beautiful!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee