Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 5/22

1. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Leialou: oh no!!!!! (now i feel like an ass... i'm sorry, i didn't know ) is that standard for IVF?

@mrswin: so you also have to do a low carb diet?? is this per RE orders or just something you want to do? i've read all the info on my RE site (they have a patient part where you can access all the standard protocols and instructions & such) and haven't seen anything about that. hmmm... interesting. they're pretty conservative (like you're not allowed to color your hair during the first trimester), so i'm surprised they didn't include that if it's been shown to be beneficial.

@PurplePumps: haha, i don't think i could make that joke mr. bird, yours must be a good sport! i think it goes up to 7.5mg, but if 5 isn't doing anything, maybe it's not the one for you how do you respond to clomid?

i should mention- the yellow bruise is from the IV last wk, so yesterday's tech didn't do all of it, just the purple and the big painful lump under that you can't see, it's like a golfball under my skin

2. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@mrs. bird: I don't have to but both the naturopath I see and the RE recommend it because it can help to reduce inflammation of the abdomen, which is often seen with endo. Mine is actually more low GI than anything... I figure it can't hurt and I have done it before and felt pretty good

3. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Snowdrop: Congratulations!!

@mrs bunchy: I'm so glad your DH is okay! Best of luck getting everything squared away with the insurances, as well as scheduling your HSG

@PurplePumps: Boo to not responding to Letrozole. I think you mentioned last thread, but would injectables be next?

4. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@mrswin: oh she stuck around.. She never yielding turning left out in front of him (he was going north- she was trying to cut off traffic to go south) and he T-boned her and her SUV flipped. She was cited at fault and they said he was doing okay. Scary !!

5. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Leialou: yay!! so exciting!! (and lol about the panty liners... seriously!)

@mrs. bird: ouuuch that arm I had my first appointment at the new clinic today and the first girl missed on one arm, and then the supervisor had to do it on my other arm... not off to a good start, haha!

So I had my consult at the new RE today. They did karyotype testing, vitamin D (apparently vit D deficiency can drastically reduce your embryo implantation rate?) among a few other things. I also have to have a hysteroscopy and an endometrial biopsy.

The new doctor is very matter of fact, which I appreciated, but not nearly as kind/warm as the last one. Oh well, I'd rather he be straight with me about our chances.

DH and I have really been enjoying this break, so we might take a couple more months off and enjoy the summer before starting back up again with IVF with this clinic. I want to work on eating healthier and exercising more so that my stress level is lower and my chances of success are higher before I start up again. What better time to do that than the summer!

6. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@Shutterbug: my RE just noted the same about vitamin D . My level is at a very deficient level. I was on supplements for a long time- and then for whatever reason let me script run out and never refilled. Need to get on that.

7. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@mrs bunchy: Wow, so scary I wish people would exercise more caution when driving..

@Shutterbug: I'm glad that they are more straight forward. Did they have any comments about your previous cycles? I have been on Vit D for a while too, the ND recommended it

8. PastaAndPotato

apricot / 483 posts

whew, i forgot how fast this thread moves (and a good way!)

the u/s went great! the doctor was able to see the fetal pole, and said that everything was measuring on schedule. there was a little flickering where the h/b should be, but not strong enough for the dr. to measure, so we go back next wednesday to verify and to make sure that everything keeps growing

@Happygal: yes! we are back home now, although about 9 feet higher in the air than when we started. work is still ongoing - new roof and siding is starting now, so we're edging in closer to the finish line!

9. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Shutterbug: aww, I'm sorry you had to get stuck twice! That's awful. I think I may just go out to the main center for any future draws just because they are all so much better, here they send me to the quest across the hall & they stink (obviously). That's great that they have some new ideas about what might help!! Summer is such a great time to work on getting healthy, all the fresh foods & sunshine maybe we'll both start treatments at the same time, selfishly I'd like that when do you go for the hystroscopy & biopsy?

10. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Leialou: so happy for you:) I truly hope you get the best results imaginable from this:) good luck, friend.

Today is cleaning and errands day for me because we've got a trip planned that I've done ZILCH for. Literally, all we did was book out hotel room. I have about 5h to clean, pack and grab LO some snacks for the room from the grocery store.

11. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@mrs. bird: I responded well to clomid @ 100 mg and tried two cycles of that. Before that I did 2 cycles @50, the first was good, the second seemed to not work either. So just after 4 collective rounds of Clomid, I was done trying that.

@Shutterbug: hmm, i've never heard that about Vit D. That's interesting.

@PastaAndPotato: awww, how precious! That's a great update!

@Kelli_Deluxe: I'm not really sure what would be next. My RE only likes to do injectibles with IVF I think, so we'll have to discuss it more first.

12. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@lazypanda: My hand was kind of itchy I guess? But, mostly it was painful. I had to keep my hand above my head for the first THREE DAYS! So, it was uncomfortable and painful, especially as it started healing. So much swelling in there and it couldn't expand in that awful bandage. It was pretty stinky, but now I'll have cool scar from Italy.

13. Mrs. Pinata

@mrs. bird: Oh, you poor thing! That looks and sounds just awful. I've tried to catch up over the past few weeks, but with our trip and stuff I think I'm missing something. Do you/they know WHY you're having such an awful cycle?

And yes, the food was amazing! That was lobster spaghetti on my plate! I definitely gained at least 5, maybe even 10 lbs while we were there, despite the fact that we were walking all day every day. I just couldn't turn down the good pasta and gelato every day.

14. Mrs. Pinata

@mrs bunchy: Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry about your DH's accident! How scary! I'm so glad he's ok, and best of luck as you schedule your HSG and look for a new car!

15. Mrs. Pinata

@Shutterbug: That sounds like good information! I also have pretty low Vitamin D and am on a mega dosage right now for a few months and get re-checked in June. When I'm good about taking it, I really do think I have more energy!

16. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

just got home from my appt. things look better today! yay! starting to feel a little better. supposed to take it easy this wk end, but as long as my fever doesn't come back and the bleeding continues to lighten up (right now it's about an overnight pad every 2 hours, which is annoying, but livable), she said i should be okay! and i got the okay to use tampons, i never thought i'd be so excited about permission to shove a wad of cotton up me, but i am so happy about that! pads are the grossest thing, i feel continuously unsanitary, which is odd because they're called 'sanitary napkins'... how is being covered in blood sanitary?!? yuck.

she did a pelvic and was pushing all over my belly to make sure she didn't feel anything funky, but now my uterus is all pissed off about it. she said she thinks what happened was that when they accidentally started my period by stopping the estrogen too soon (there was a mix up with the scripts, i was given a script for 5 pills and directions to take 2/day, filled it on our way home after surgery, then got a call from the pharmacy that my script for the estrogen was ready for pick up & to disregard the msg if i'd already picked it up, so i did since i'd picked up my script for estrogen. turns out the 5 pill script was wrong & they called in a new one for 30 days but never told me, so i stopped taking the estrogen when my 5 pills ran out), when the lining of the uterus tried to shed for a period, it was pulling the part she'd just cut which caused the incision to keep bleeding in addition to menstrual bleeding. she wants me to have two periods after this, then we'll do another 3D scan to check out my spiffy new uterine cavity & make sure it's ready for a fetal tenant

@mrswin: interesting!

@PastaAndPotato: wonderful!!!!! side note: your username makes me think of my parents- when my mom was pregnant with my brother, they called him 'spud' and when she was pregnant with me, i was 'idaho'. my dad used to say, 'idaho how that one happened' because i was a surprise, but we both had potato nicknames in utero good luck on wed, i'm sure your little sprout will be ready to show off a strong heartbeat

@CupQuakeWalk: i'm sure whatever you forget will be available there have a wonderful trip!

@PurplePumps: bummer! i would def ask about trying injectables, lots of ppl are successful using them with TI or IUI. hope they figure something out for you soon! is this the only RE you've seen? would a second opinion be an option if they don't have any new ideas for you after this cycle?

17. mrs. bird

bananas / 9628 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: mmmmm.... lobster and pasta and gelato.... sounds like heaven! we must have been typing at the same time basically, i had surgery on my uterus & was bleeding from that & then they accidentally started my period while i was still bleeding from surgery, so i have surgery bleeding, period bleeding, and extra bleeding from the incision in my uterus from the period lining shedding pulling on it & making it worse. it's just a giant mess down there!

18. Mrs. Pinata

@mrs. bird: Oh my gosh! You poor, poor thing! What a yucky situation. You're sounding so positive about it all, but hugs to you as your recover!

19. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

@mrs bunchy: What a rough start to the weekend! So scary, but am so thankful that dh is safe and sound! You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

20. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@mrs. bird: Does injectables make a difference if I do ovulate though? I O on my own, just late, CD25-34 usually and I O'd on Clomid around CD16 with trigger. I'm on track to O around CD23 right now. Do you think injectables would help in my case?

21. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

Ummm, so my consult was kind of awesome/terrifying. He said we can start next month! DH is not on board, he really wants to have a reason for our infertility and I really just want to have a baby. We definitely aren't on the same page. He wants to wait until August, like we said we would before this appointment. I didn't realize how fast we can get started because so many if our tests have been done already. He just isn't ready to give up yet and I am. It also works better for my schedule to start in June. We can't do anything for a week since I'm in the TWW so I told him to take his time and think about it.

22. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@mrs. bird: yes, I hope your improved uterus gets a little tenant very soon.

@purplepumps: I ovulate on my own, but injectables were good for me b/c they thickened up my lining. I also ovulated much earlier (11, 13, 12, as opposed to the usual 17-18).

@MrsTal: I'm glad it was a good consult! I'm sorry though that you guys aren't on the same page right now. I've been in your shoes, and it's so frustrating when you're ready to move forward. For us, it took patience (from me) and some time for him to be ready to move forward.

23. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Snowdrop: Congratulations!!!!

24. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrs bunchy: Glad to hear DH IS OK!!!!!

25. owlteach

apricot / 390 posts

@MrsTal: I'm glad the consult went well. Hopefully, you and DH will be able to find a compromise soon!

Wednesday night, we had an argument about cleaning. I wanted to come home from surgery to a clean house, but he kept insisting that he could clean it after we came home. He just couldn't understand why I wanted it clean when I came home...and I just couldn't understand why he couldn't just help with cleaning. It is so frustrating when you just can't get on the same page, whether it is a big issue and even the small ones.

26. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: Hang in there!!!!

27. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@MrsTal: I'm glad that your consult went well. Maybe with a few days to let it sink in your DH will be ready to start in June, it is such an intense experience.

28. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Leialou: and to you!

@mrs. bird: Owie... Love the plan! I'm glad your fever is gone and they think the bleeding will stop...eventually...on it's own.

@PastaAndPotato: That's lovely news!

@CupQuakeWalk: Sounds hectic...and fun! Where are you going, again?

@Mrs. Pinata: That food sounds amazing! Toally worth all the pain and suffering, I'm sure.

@MrsTal: That's very exciting news!!! Since you've waited so long....do you think he would understand if you said this was best for your mental well-being? I do hope that you come to a satisfactory compromise or resolution soon...

@mrs. bunchy: SO glad DH is okay! Hopefully, he won't be too sore... Was the lady hurt badly? (I did't catch it if you already mentioned.)

@Shutterbug: Very interesting about the vitamin D! Apparently it affects everything...

@mrswin: It's the more, the merrier this summer!

@owlteach: I hate the never-ending circular arguments about householding! Makes me feel like a harpy sometimes.

@PurplePumps: I'm sorry the Femara isn't doing more... I hope you find a protocol that works better for you soon!

No rest for the wicked...since I'll be working this weekend. But at least I will be off on Memorial Day!

29. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Thank you everyone for your kind words !!! DH is doing well today. He woke up 2x in the middle of the night in severe pain. I work at an urgent care and we made a stop in there to get his hand looked at again. His thumb swelled up to the point it wouldn't bend at all. They are thinking some ligament damage and he is splinted now. Other than crazy seatbelt bruises and soreness he is in good spirits. He drove today picking up the rental car- and said he was just a little nervous. We have been thinking about a small SUV - he would take my 2014 mazda grand touring and I could drive the smaller suv. Any ideas? We were looking into the mazda cx5 (kind of a mazda fan since his saved his life) suburu forester, acura rdx...

30. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@FliegepilzHut: lady wasn't hurt too badly as far as we know... DH thinks it crazy about his hand. He drives left handed and has no idea what he banged or jammed his right hand into to injure it.

31. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Memorial Day Weekend: No plans, since it's not a holiday here Boo. I'm dog-sitting 2 dogs. I had to take DH to the airport at like 4am this morning, because he's going to Barcelona overnight for a Bachelor party. Came home and slept til 10:40am! It was glorious! This week was sooooo busy and crazy! So now I'm just chilling on the couch, and the dogs are thankfully chilling out as well! (See pic )

Updates: Nothing really. I'm 10dpo and nothing so far I was sooo exhausted this past week. Usually during the 2ww, I do feel tired some days, and end up napping one day. But I napped every day this week! Oh! And I've been SO emotional! I totally broke down and cried in the grocery store! (Ah the joys of living in a foreign country + post O hormones...) So that is giving me (probably false) hope. My waking times have been messed up the last few days, but before that, my temp was looking good. Guess I'll see tomorrow what happens with it.

Hope ya'll have a good holiday weekend!

32. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@PastaAndPotato: Welcome back, and that is great to hear!

@mrs. bird: Oh man! Hope you make a full recovery soon!

@Happygal: Bet you are chomping at the bit for that first US?!

@mrs bunchy: OMG! How scary! So glad your DH is ok.

Oh yeah, and update from LAST week. I met w/ the tattoo guy and he did a mock up of the new ink. Couldn't make an appointment until August, because we are both so busy! But here's the drawing he did on me:

33. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@mrs. bird: glad to hear your good news. I remember wearing pads when I was younger and getting sore areas on my thighs where they rubbed, urgh!

34. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@MrsTal: hoping all he needs is time o think about it all

35. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@FaithFertility: @bhbee: @Happygal: I'm glad you girls are sticking around, you all give me hope!

@owlteach: I'm so glad your surgery went well and you got some answers!

@lazypanda: Thank you so much for keeping up with the list! Have fun at the wedding this weekend and I hope you get to take your Yosemite trip soon!

@Mrs. Pinata: Ouch! That bandage job. I hope little P's party goes great for you.

@Kelli_Deluxe: Cocktails and pool time sound excellent to me, enjoy yourselves.

@Snowdrop: Congratulations!

@mrs bunchy: I'm so, so glad that your SO is ok. That is so scary. I love the CX-5 we have test driven it twice and have decided it will be our next car.

@Leialou: Boo for the low-carb diet, hooray for the transfer. As for the vein thing, I usually alternate since I have to have blood taken so much now.

@PastaAndPotato: Glad you got to see the fetal pole, that is awesome!!!

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Love the tattoo mock up, looks like it will be beautiful.

@Happygal: @owlteach: @mrswin: I think I'm going to wait it out the week or so until AF shows up and go in and do the testing I have to get done anyway (CD3 bloodwork and an SHG) and see where he is at after that. If he's not on board we will wait, I don't want to force him into this.

@FliegepilzHut: I did explain my side of things, laid everything out for him, how I just can't do it anymore, I need to do this for my mental health, it works better for my schedule and since I have to do the majority of the appointments I think that needs to be thought about but he needs to think it over still and I understand, it happened SO fast and it was unexpected.

Question, did anyone feel a little panic-y in their IVF consult? I think I did feel a little overwhelmed by everything and didn't get a chance to ask a few of the questions I had, but I wonder if I should just wait until my next appointment or call the ART coordinator? Most of it won't matter if we are waiting a while but I didn't ask about bedrest or if they require a frozen sample or anything. Ugh.

36. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@MrsTal: my first appointment with the RE was completely overwhelming. I didn't even have time to prepare because they had a same day cancellation so I left work early to go without my husband. I would wait until your next appointment unless there is a burning question you need answered.

I believe (but it was 1.5 years ago) that I was on bed rest for the day of retrieval...no bed rest after transfer. But every clinic is different. If you want to freeze a sperm sample at my clinic it costs something like $300-$400 so it wasn't worth it to us. DH did his thing at home before we left for retrieval because our clinic's main office is 30-40 minutes away.

37. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: I could only imagine an IVF consult, I was overwhelmed at my IUI one! Prayers to you!!!!

38. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That's going to be an lovely tattoo! to you this cycle!!!

@MrsTal: Your DH sounds like a reasonable guy. FX for you both!!!

39. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

My update: Finally got the go ahead to get off BCP. So in about 12-14 days, I should be having my IUI! Woohoo!

My plans this weekend is just cleaning because my MIL is coming for a visit on Friday.

40. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yay, happy to hear!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee